- Text Size +

Alex woke up in his bed, staring at the tiled ceiling of his dorm room at Drexler State college. He was a relatively new freshman at the college, only having attended for 2 weeks. He slumped out of bed and into a tiled floor, still riddled with sodas and chip bags from his "wild" night before. Alex was well aware he wasn't having the proper college experience, but at 2 inches tall the world wasn't exactly made for him. 

Only about 1 in every 10 people born had the condition that made them so small, and at such a low frequency it simply wasn't worth it to construct the world around them. Historically, the "tinies" as they were called suffered from constant persecution and slaughter by normal sized humans. Only in the last few decades has the world actually started to protect them consistently, well, as much as they could. 

None of that was on Alex's mind as he brushed his teeth in a minuscule sink. His roommate, Brian, had clearly already left. They hadn't spoken much and Alex couldn't blame him, he knew from his High School experience that tinies were just easy to ignore. He would have preferred rooming with another tiny but Drexler's size diversity initiative mandated it. 

After getting himself ready, Alex left for class. He got in his buggy, essentially a toy car, and drove it down the sidewalk toward his fist class of the day. On any given day, Alex could expect to be stopped or kicked by normal sized humans. Just because it is illegal to torture or kill tinies, doesn't mean people take kindly to them. Alex knew of this as he sped down the sidewalk, bracing for the thuds of the cracks.

Alex pulled into his first class: Calculus. He sucked at calc but he didn't mind it that much day-to-day. He climbed his ladder onto his desk and sat down, ready to struggle through another day. 

After the class was complete, Alex prepared to climb back down when he felt a shadow loom over him. He couldn't help but shudder, the memories of being bullied and even tortured him high school flashed back to him instantly. He was slightly relived as he felt a wave of warm, sweet smelling air wash over him and turned to see who it was: Kelsi. 

Alex met Kelsi at orientation. For once one of the size diversity programs actually helped him meet someone decent. She was relatively normal for a human, short with a bubbly personality, a cute face, and enough assets to keep the guys glancing. Alex wondered why she even continues to talk to him as he stared up at her giant figure from belly button level. She didn't mean to be imposing but she naturally moved in close to others, including Alex. Her exposed belly button stared back at him as she started to talk.

"Hey I have this thing tonight, I was invited to it, want to come with?"

Alex was flattered even before he knew what she was talking about. "Hey! Yeah- What kind of thing?"

"It's like a small party" 

A party? Alex wondered, "Yeah I can go" He said before he could even think it over. He'd inevitably regret that lapse in judgement.

"Great, see you tonight" Kelsi declared as she walked away, her hips swinging. 

What the hell did I just get myself into, Alex wondered.