- Text Size +

That had been 6 months prior, and now Amanda was no longer an assistant.  Business continued to boom, and over the past few months she’d had at least one or two decent “cleanups” to carry out.  Nothing like last night though.  When she’d activated the device, there’d still been at least two dozen women on the dance floor.  Jennifer wasn’t around, and ensuring that everyone else was well and truly gone, she walked over to where most of the girls had been standing.  Spotting the little specks, all clustered on a spot no larger than a quarter, with another group about a foot away, she removed a tiny box from her purse and set it on the ground next to them. 

Jessica and Julie had finally realized what had happened, though they couldn’t believe it.  As a titanic woman they recognized as… the wedding planner squatted down to look at them, they were almost deafened as she began to speak.  “According to the Jennifer Weddings LLC Terms & Conditions, which state in Paragraph IV, Subsection C, ‘All non-venue owned material will become Jennifer Weddings LLC property if left in the venue after end-of-day’, you now belong to me” she boomed down with a small grin.  “Please enter the structure I’ve provided so I can take you home” she continued, pointing towards the clear box that they now recognized as once holding Tic-Tacs.  As the majority of the women began to scream and panic, once again the voice boomed out “please observe the consequences of pulling out of the contract”.  Her enormous white sandal suddenly lifted, and hovered over a spot about a kilometer away.  Jessica, Julie, and everyone else in the group could just make out the tiny screams and pleas of their distant friends as they watched the sandal stomp them out, toes scrunching as Amanda pressed it into the ground.  Amanda then hovered it over them as the 20 or so tiny girls scurried over to the box and began climbing in. 

Small enough that even on it’s side they had trouble scrambling over the millimeter tall lip of the opening, the cover slammed shut.   Enormous fingertips gripped the sides of the container as Amanda raised it to her eye, pink nails shining.   As the titanic brunette peered in to all the panicking women, they all gazed out at a hazel eye that was wider than all of them stretched side to side.  They then found themselves moving again, moving down, until suddenly they were plunged into darkness.  “Her purse” Julie shouted.  “She put us in her purse!”.  The women all quieted down a bit and held together, so the jostling would be less traumatic.  The conversations of the titanic being were too muffled to hear, and they endured the darkness until suddenly they were once again thrust into the light.

The world blurred by and the cover of the box opened once again, and as the box turned the girls slid towards the opening.  After watching 3 of her friends fall through the hole, Jessica caught herself on the edge, making out what appeared to be someone’s massive palm.  As the top closed, one of the other women screamed “oh my God, it’s Erica!”.  Indeed, through the clear plastic the titanic visage of the newly married blonde was apparent.  “Wait, why is Amanda talking to her?” said another, “and why is she smiling”?  As the women were once again plunged into darkness, a different scene unfolded for the three who had fallen through the opening.

Amanda shook two or three tinies into Erica’s hand.  A wedding gift of sorts, they’d met up for coffee to settle final payments, when Erica asked how “cleanup” had gone.  Smiling, Amanda told her that, unfortunately, a few of her friends hadn’t managed to leave in time.  Longtime friends with Amanda, Erica smiled back, and extended her hand, as she’d been hoping this would be the case.  After two or three of her tiny friends were tapped into her palm, Amanda said her goodbyes, and left.  Smiling down at her tiny, panicking friends scurrying across her palm, she suddenly realized she had no way to transport them.  Her dress didn’t even have pockets!  An idea flashed into her mind, and she removed her right shoe…

Lauren, Hannah, and Sarah had found themselves dumped on the palm of their newly married friend.  Maybe she didn’t know it was them!  As they jumped and shouted to get her attention, Erica’s voice was suddenly all around them. “Is that Lauren down there?  Hannah?  Sarah?” said Erica, her eye filling the sky above them, just feet away even on their tiny scale.  “Wow, so glad to see you guys!  Hope you had a nice time yesterday.  You know what they say though, marriages are all about new beginnings, and I’m really taking that to heart”.  Confused, the three tiny women glanced at each other, as they were lowered below the table, and the hand tipped slightly.  As the rolled a couple hundred feet to the ground, they recognized a musty, sweaty smell in the air.  Some kind of tall brown pillar was sticking out of the ground about a hundred feet away, that continued up until it split into two tremendous cables… “We’re on her shoe!” screamed Sarah.  “Her shoe, we’re on her shoe” she continued as the three turned to see the sole of Erica’s foot headed right for them.  Just as the other two began to scream, all three were cut off with a squish.

Erica scrunched her foot into her flip flop, wondering if any of her friends had made it.  She removed her foot from her shoe and put it in her lap, examining the sole of her foot for the three little smears she expected.  Finding two, she raised her foot closer to her face. 

As Erica’s foot descended, Sarah found herself surrounded on all sides by pressure and flesh, heat, sweat.   Two beginnings of a scream, a shriek, and the most horrible crunching noise imaginable.  Suddenly, she felt herself moving, and flying through the air, almost passing out, but maintaining her consciousness.  She was in the light again, and on some kind of warm, undulating surface.  Looking up, she saw Erica’s familiar face, scanning what Sarah now recognized as the sole of her foot.  Suddenly, their eyes met.  Erica let out a titanic giggle, and exclaimed “Sarah, you made it!”.  “Man, that was exciting.  You’ve been getting a lot of exercise today, haven’t you?  As an marathoner, you understand the need for protein for recovery.  Well, I was on my feet ALL DAY yesterday, and I could use a bit of protein now.  Thanks Sarah”.  Horrified, Sarah watched as her “friend” extended her tongue, now turning to run as Erica lowered her head towards her foot.  She could hear a slithering, sliding noise behind her and then all went black.

Erica smiled as she licked the ball of her foot, just below her second toe.  She felt something as she swallowed, and liked to imagine it was Sarah, though she was way too small for her to actually feel.  Smiling, and newly married, she exited the coffee shop, ready to start her new life.

Chapter End Notes:

if you're trying to understand Erica's motivation, repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax"