- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I apologize in advance for the sports puns...

“SIX! SIX SIX! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!...”

Nicole awoke groggily. The mid-morning Sun already pouring its warmth into her newly acquired apartment. Reaching for her phone, she turned off the alarm. She had to admit, for being the embodiment of all that’s evil in the universe, Lucy did have a nice sense of humour. Glancing at her phone’s screen, there was already a text waiting.

“Speaking of the Devil.” Nicole joked aloud to herself as she read the text.

“DemoNIC (get it!?) I’m going to need the following souls in my possession by midnight Eastern Daylight Time. -<3 Luce”

Scrolling down, Nicole noted the three names listed. The first immediately pulled her from her morning haze.

Nick Ulrich. She may not have known who Samantha was, but Nicole recognized this name. How could she not? Nick was the quarterback of the 6-time championship winning Charlotte Lobos.

Nicole took a deep breath, Lucy gave no grace period, it seemed. Swinging herself from bed, Nicole slid into a pair of pink high-rise shorts and a white halter-top. Her “lucky” blue flats adorned her feet.

Stopping to clean herself up in her bathroom, she looked at herself in the mirror. Had her hair gotten redder? Her eyes also seemed to be losing the aqua green that got her so many dates in college. She shrugged it off. She began her pep-talk to herserlf:

“Nicole. You got this. Remember how easy Samantha was. This guy should be a pushover, just a big dumb jock. Probably sold his soul for those championships. Can’t even win on his own.”

One more deep breath and a splash of water on her face and Lucy was ready to go. Swiping through Lucy’s text, she clicked on Nick’s name. The map generated instantly. Lucy’s heart skipped a beat.

“Of course he’s at the fucking stadium. Stadium practice is always on Thursdays. Shit!” Nicole stamped her foot. “How the fuck am I going to do this with all the staff and fans around?”

Nicole thought for nearly 10 minutes before giving up.

“Fuck it. I’ll wing-it.” With this, Nicole ordered her ride-share…

Staring out the window of the backseat of her ride-share, Nicole’s mind churned as to how she was going to get Lucy Nick’s soul until she was interrupted by a voice from upfront.

“You got a boy on the team?” The driver, a middle-aged Latina asked back to Nicole.

“Hm?” Nicole didn’t catch the question at first.

“I said, you got a boy on the team?” The driver spoke clearer.

Nicole smirked, “I guess you could say that…or he will be my ‘boy’ by the time we’re done.”

“Girl!” the driver turned around, giving Nicole a broad smile, and extended her hand. “That’s what I’m talking about. Give me some of that.”

Nicole laughed, returning the driver’s high five.

“I won’t ask any more questions. I know how paranoid them athletes and their girls get. But, I just gotta ask one favour.” The driver continued.

Nicole’s ears perked up, “Uhhh. Sure?”

“Think you can grab a jersey for my man and a jockstrap for me?” The driver asked. Nicole could see the smile on the driver’s face from the rearview mirror and laughed.

“Sure! But it’ll cost you your soul!” Nicole laughed, but was quite serious. She wondered if Lucy would approve of her making ‘sales’ on her behalf.

The driver returned Nicole’s laugh with her own. “Worth it!” she turned around, embracing Nicole’s hand with her own. The two women were all smiles as they shook on a deal that the driver didn’t realize would seal her for eternity.

“Brrrr. Just got a chill.” The driver released Nicole’s hand to rub herself warm.

Nicole heard a ding from her phone and her throat went instantly dry. Shakily, she pulled her phone out and turned on the screen. 1 unread text.

“Making side-deals already? You’re not gunning for my position, are you? ;o -Luce”

Nicole was relieved. Lucy seemed to approve, and it was easy enough. She wondered what the record for most souls bought in a day was.

“We’re here, hun.” The driver turned toward Nicole with her familiar smile.

Opening the back door, Nicole gave the driver a farewell and stepped out into the humid Carolina air. She stared up at the stadium, impressed with its size. The six championship banners hanging off the building’s façade.

“Now what?” She asked herself.

As if on cue, a member of Lobos security approached her. “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we can’t have you loitering around the stadium during practice. Unless you’re staff, family, or press, I’ll have to ask you to leave.”

Nicole felt screwed. She doubted she could fake being staff, and family certainly wasn’t an option. Another ding on her phone.

“PRESS here.” Another Pun from Lucy.

Opening the text, Nicole was presented with a QR code.

“I’m from the City University’s Press Class. Unfortunately, my press pass didn’t get to me in-time, but I’m here with a day pass.” Nicole smiled and presented her phone to the guard.

With a quick scan from his own device, he smiled to Nicole. “Welcome, Ms. Jonez Post practice interviews are coming-up soon, so you’ll want to hurry through this door and down corridor C until you get to Room 069.”

Nicole thanked the guard and went on her way. She may never get into heaven, but somehow, she got one of the best jobs in the universe.

Walking through the corridors, Nicole briefly admired the abundance of championship regalia. At first, she felt giddy that she was going to meet the man who had led the team to these victories. Once she remembered how he had done it, however, she became focused, remembered that she was there for business. Arriving at room 055, Nicole took a seat toward the back of room as the regular press waited for players to get on the stage for interviews.

Nicole twiddled her thumbs and played with her phone as miscellaneous players and the usual questions came and went. Her attention returned to the stage, however, when Nick’s name was announced.

Nicole had to admit Nick was a handsome man. A year older than her own 28, he was nearing the end of his playing days, but still in the prime of his life. Easily 6ft 7in, he looked more like a basketball than football player. His thick brown hair still moist from his post practice shower, Nicole lusted at his body’s figure hiding under a white team-t-shirt.

Of course, the basic questions were tossed out, and since it was only practice, the interview time was short and uneventful. Nicole, however, decided to have a little fun. She threw her hand into the air.

“You in the back.” Nick acknowledged Nicole.

“Hi. Tamara Jonez, City University. Your 6 straight championships have been an impressive, never-before-seen feat. Would you say that you have bought enough luck to go for a 7th?”

Nicole smirked as she could see Nick squirm a little.

“Uhhh. I’m not sure if you’re trying to say something else with your question, ma’am, but I would say this team has worked its tail off this offseason and is ready to go for, and win, a 7th straight championship.” This answered earned claps from the local beat reports. “Now, if nobody else has any questions, I’m gonna head home. It’s been a long day.” Nick stood up and left the room.

Nicole felt amazing. The power of knowing somebody’s deepest secret and making them squirm was just too good.

The press corps were dismissed shortly after Nick’s departure and Nicole soon found herself, once again, wandering the halls of the stadium. As she explored each crevice of the stadium, Nicole couldn’t help but be impressed with the championship accolades strewn throughout. Her ears soon picked-up a familiar voice.

“Fucking dumb bitch. No clue what she was trying to imply!”  

Nicole could tell it was Nick’s voice, sounding frightened. Looking up, she realized she was near the team parking garage. Nick must’ve been heading to his car. She picked up his pace to catch him.

“MR. ULRICH!” Nicole yelled a few dozen yards behind Nick.

Nick stopped and turned, his eyes narrowed as he caught sight of his caller.

“What the Hell do you want.” Nick replied, turning to continue his walk to his car.

“Hell is exactly what I want.” Nicole replied, pleased with her own whit.

Nick froze in his steps. His broad shoulders slumped, and head hung. “Lucy promised me a lifetime.” He seethed.

“I would say you’ve won a lifetime’s worth of trophy’s.” Nicole stepped. She felt like a cat approaching a trapped mouse.

Nick turned around, “How about you tell Lucy to go fuck herself. She didn’t’ have shit to do with any of those. It was all ME and God.” He smirked.

Nicole sighed, “Seriously? You’re going to bring him into this? Is this, like, your way of saying you know the owner?” Nicole crept ever closer.

“As many times as I thanked him. I’m sure he’s watching out for me.” Nick stood his ground as Nicole approached.

Standing nearly chest-to-chest with Nick, Nicole craned her neck to look into his deep-blue eyes. “Oh how deluded you are. I’ll tell you what I told my last client. You can pay what you owe or I can have some fun.”

“Fuck you.” Nick spat a phlem-full wad of spit directly into Nicole’s face.

Closing her eyes, Nicole smiled. “Ooookay then.”

Opening her eyes, Nicole smiled. Her punishment of choice quickly taking effect. Nick’s cocky smirk disappeared as he shrunk down.

Soon, the 3-inch tall man was struggling to stare up into Nicole’s eyes.

“Looks like it’s turnover on downs. I now have possession.” Nicole was pleased in her football analogy. Growing up with 2 brothers paid off.

Hawking her own loogie up, Nicole swished his warm sticking in her mouth. Opening her mouth, she let the globule trickle down her bottom lip and hang in mid-air before snapping.  

The sight of Nick’s nude, tiny form trying to run on the bare concrete was amusing, but futile. Her spit found its mark and pinned her prey to the ground.

“BULLSEYE!” she squealed.

Nick opened his mouth to breathe but sucked in more of Nicole’s saliva than air.

Watching with glee as the former quarterback floundered below, Nicole removed her flats. The cool concrete feeling pleasant against her bare soles. Wiggling her toes in delight, she compared their size to Nick’s, both surprisingly similar.

“Hey. Let’s see how much you don’t need Lucy, now. Try scrambling from this sack.”

Nicole didn’t even give Nick a chance to process her words as she lifted her left foot above the speck of a man and dropped it upon him. Her own spit warming the crevice between her big and second toe. She laughed as Nick’s body stuck between her digits.

“Dang. You got totally sandwiched by the defenders. That’s okay. 2 more downs until you have to punt.” She teased as she lifted her foot back up and wriggled Nick free from her toes back on to the concrete below.

Free from the puddle of phlegm, Nick rose to his feet in time for Nicole’s foot’s shadow to cast upon him. As quickly as he turned to run, he was flattened into the ground.

Nicole giggled as she felt Nick’s body tickle her instep.

“You really got smothered there, huh?” She twisted her foot for emphasis, rolling Nick’s body slightly under her instep. “It’s like you’re the sole player on offense.” Nicole added, lifting her appendage of her prisoner.

Nick’s battered body attempted one escape, but no use.

Nicole squeezed Nick’s body comfortably between her toes “Ohhh. That’s nice. All the way from Champ to Chump.” She squeezed her toes tightly around the tiny body and slid her feet back into her flats. Nick’s body became flattened under her toes. “Get to know your teammate’s, rookie. Hope they don’t haze you too badly.” Nicole burst into laughter, adrenaline fueling her puns.

Enjoying the easy catch, Nicole’s phone once more erupted with HIGHWAY TO HELL.

Removing her phone from her pocket, Nicole read the words, “Got one for me? :D” Before she could reply, Nicole was transported to her boss’ ‘office’.

“You’re killing it, kid!” Lucy sat behind her desk multiple TVs playing around her. Nicole noticed they were highlights of Nick. “This fucking guy. Slick Nick they called him.” Lucy guffawed. “And you sacked him.”

Nicole blushed, “I mean. I couldn’t have done it without you…” she referred to the powers bestowed upon her.

“If only he was so gracious.” Lucy snapped her fingers, sending the TVs into smoke. “Where is he?”

Nicole smiled a toothy smile and removed her flats.

Standing up from her desk for a better view, Lucy smiled at the sight of Nick’s face shoved into the webbing of Nicole’s toes.

Lucy smiled, “Oof. Looks like little Nick here finally knows the smell of the feet.”

Nicole groaned in response.

“I thought it was funny.” Lucy replied stepping from behind her desk to tower over the miniscule man along with Nicole.

“He’s all yours, now.” Nicole spoke.

“Nah. I have a better idea. Something fit for a champ like Nick.” Lucy replied

Nicole watched, both in horror and awe as Nick’s body transformed below. His body began to curl around Nicole’s big toe, his screams of agony falling on death ears. His skin soon turning into gold with 6 embedded rubies within. In mere second, the man went from a former star athlete to a piece of foot jewelry.

Lucy stood back to admire her work. Nicole’s purple painted nails contrasting the ring beautifully. “Perfect.”

“We can do that!?” Nicole asked as she wriggled her digits admiring the new piece of jewelry adorning her toe.

I can. Consider it a signing bonus. Fully sentient and shiny. Just don’t lose him. You would not believe how many pawn shops are filled with the soles of former millionaires.” Lucy replied, as she texted on her phone.

“Trust me. I’m never taking him off.” Nicole answered. She thought she could hear Nick’s screams, but ignored them.

“Great!” Lucy smiled. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, one of your coworkers just turned a Saudi Prince into a Gold-plated Dildo which I’m eager to try.” Lucky winked, sending Nicole back to the mortal plane.

Nicole found herself on a tropical beach, warm sand between her toes, pina colada in hand, and her new toe ring blindingly bright…