- Text Size +

[Suggested music - Dr. Mario 64 - Chill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXtiEagREVw ]

The clack of heels continued. Each rumble of her digestive movements, combined with her forward momentum, made the acids slosh with increased violence. They carried Wario across them, even as he swam against the waves for the jewel she swallowed. Something damp in the air stung his bloodshot eyes, and nipped under his overalls; nevertheless, he persisted, braving the storm like the captain of a ship in a bottle.

After a brief pause, a single great POUND sent all of her prior meals flying in the sky. He saw his chance. He held his half-digested arms out, grabbing for the gemstone...

...As a pill hit him squarely in the head.

WWW

On the other side of the organic barrier, a cold stethoscope rested on Peach's stomach. A flurry of blows hit it, the outline of tiny fists and feet popping from the flesh. It barely tickled the princess. Dr. Mario, listening in, shook his head, shrugging. "That's-a Wario, all right."

The monarch's arm hung limp over the mattress. "Is he... gone... forever?"

"Not-a forever." The fully-licensed, completely legitimate doctor lifted a finger up. "Humans take about-a 53 hours to process its food."

Her rosy cheeks turned green. She gazed at her pink-clad dress, rubbing it - dragging her strained fingers across the surface. "Please... Do something! Get him out at once!"

The very-well-qualified doctor proceeded with the treatment. The only one he knew how to perform, really: toss multicolored vitamins into his patient's open mouth, hoping to combine four yellow segments in a row or column before she suffered from an overdose.

WWW

*Ka-THUD*

Just as Wario had finished swearing and kicking the last pill - his foot giving way to its tough surface - another pill slammed into his head. He tugged at it, but it remained lodged in firmly, pushing harshly on his shoulders.

Muscling his way past the cutting pain, he waded ahead, pursuing his treasure. More medicine fell from the mouth high above. He elbowed a piece of medicine away, sending it crashing into the omnipresent, pulsating walls closing him in. The capsule simply ricocheted off the elastic surface of folds, shooting directly into his tiny belly.

"OOF!" He had trouble snapping his open jaw back in place. Both pills stuck inside him, weighing him down like the chains on the ghost of Jacob Marley.

Scrooge said Jacob Marley's apparition was the product of digestive problems; Wario was now the cause of digestive problems.

"Almost... Almost..."

Within the sloshing waves, the mustached snack continued in circles, chasing his treasure. Enzymes gnawed at his chiseled chin, but he could shake off anything - the prize was so close. The pulse surrounding him rang louder, the waves harsher against his face; but he couldn't shut his eyelids. In a single lunge, his fingers wrapped around the gem, and his cheeks lit up.

"YEAH! Excellent!"

...Instantly, his hand melted clean off his arm, into the acids below. He gazed blankly as both his arms surrendered to the mighty stomach's hungry movement, dissolving into the digestive goop. A third vitamin hit him directly in the cranium.

"Oh, fish sticks!"

The tiny man (though in this state he didn't much resemble a man, or a person, or a vertebrate; merely a blob with a W-marked cap and vitamins lodged inside it) crawl-slithered after the gem. He bobbed in a manic rush, barely dodging pills that descended from the heavenly gullet of a sky, and curving around those that had already landed. He had no mouth, and had seven words to scream - most of them would make Waluigi faint in shock.

WWW

"It's too late-a now." Dr. Mario looked to his watch, face painted with the solemness of someone looking over spilled ravioli.

The monarch, dropping the empty pill bottle, reached for her tissues. "I don't want this... I don't want to hurt you!" She blew into it, gently stroking her belly. It was hard for her to grasp that this simple body part was torturing an innocent, kindhearted human being as they spoke. The fear he must be feeling, lost in those depths! "I still remember the first time I saw you... You kept on tossing buckets onto people's heads, and making them navigate mazes..."

A harsh impact to her gut interrupted her tears. The absolutely-not-faking-it doctor squinted right at the spot. "He's-a persistent." He tossed the emptied container over his shoulder, and took out a new vitamin - slightly larger than the monarch's mouth. The medication entered through her lips, with the help of amazing willpower and a plunger.

She shivered, taking a healthy gulp. "Will this save him?" Her blue eyes sparkled with dim hope.

The very effective and real Dr. Mario, froze. "Wait. We were-a saving him?"

Surprise crossing her visage, the patient clasped her hands together. "Of course! He was probably shrunken by a terrible spell, and wanted to look for help! And then, ended up in there by accident when I gasped too strongly... What were you trying to do with those pills?"

The absolutely legitimate, licensed Dr. Mario covered his face in absolutely legitimate, licensed regret. "Mamma mia..."

WWW

Within those bowels, Wario could still hear Peach's voice in the distance. His ears had melted too much to really understand it. And really, he just didn't care what she was saying. He didn't care about much anymore - the stomach's moans were lulling, its acid a soft tickle. All that rested in his mind was the jewel... The jewel...

He fell on to it, absorbing it in his mass. Everything grew dimmer. Murky, sickeningly-sugary air raided what was left of his once-glorious nostrils. Why was he chasing this again? Well, whatever. He'd proven himself. And now, everything was at once heavy and light; his mind floating away as his body sunk down.

The goop that was once a man could only murkily contemplate where his greed had taken him.

Suddenly, a fierce rumble. Thin light shone above - only for an immense pill to blot it out. The digested thief's senses snapped to reality all at once as his nonexistent limbs flailed, making the slightest things resembling noise. Peach's strong throat squeezed it for a second, then sent it hurdling into her belly.

Wario registered an immense quake as the vitamin splashed into the waters. It lodged itself into his semi-solid form, making him wail internally. The sheer weight shot through every scattered inch of him!

But slowly, he could hear himself shouting clearer. He felt his sense of smell return - taking in the stagnant, swampy odor. When he reached his arms out, he saw them both reforming in front of him. "Wha? What's happening?"

His head turned side to side for the gigantic capsule, until he realized: he'd absorbed loads of those pills in goop form. Thanks to the medicine's greater scale, and the robber's fast-acting metabolism, the vitamins cured him; returning him to normal.

He stuck his hands up in glee, bobbing slowly in the juices. "Wahaha! Who says crime doesn't pay? Now, gotta nab my reward..."

He waded forth, looking for where the jewel may have ended up. His body pretty much surrounded it before it reformed...

It took him greater effort to stay above the green lake - as if he'd suddenly gained weight. When a massive groan shook him once more, he felt something hard jab his gut. From inside. One bushy eyebrow raised.

Experimentally, Wario jumped again and again - and recognized the sound from within him. Rattling. The pill had reformed his body while it was still surrounding the gemstone.

Peach's gem was now in a matryoshka; the princess' belly held Wario, and Wario's tummy held the jewel.

His clean teeth clenched. He punched his own chest three times, but it didn't come up. "Bah! I'll get a jewlectomy later. After I've bust outta this place!"

His narrow eyes lifted up to the steep, infinite canyon of a gullet above, bringing a shiver across every millimeter of his beefy arms.