- Text Size +

Adriel thwapped away vines that fell down to her face, lagging a bit behind her friend Serielye. “It’s so musty and gross…” she complained, “Don’t be such a stick in the mud.” The other elf responded. They’d been digging through this ancient High Elf tomb for hours a day for the past few weeks. It was beginning to become tedious, but really there wasn’t a better option for employment. Ever since the high elves up and left the realm on relatively bad terms with the humans, it seemed the brunt of the disdain was directed towards wood elves like them who remained.

And so they usually found trinkets, relics, jewelry, things of the sort. But since they weren’t the only ones doing this and they did it frequently: they often had to go deeper and deeper. “Help me push this door open! It’s—hnng! It’s gotta have something good behind it!” Serielye heaved. She was a bit smaller than her friend, more petite and lithe. Not unnaturally so, but compared to the relatively well-endowed and taller Adriel she was more of a ranger-looking type, where as Adriel seemed to have the body type for a bathhouse as many humans commented at the bars. Between her well-done French braids, her caramel skin, her soft thighs, and her large breasts, she could see where they were coming from. Seri kept her hair more in a ponytail, it’d be going too far to call her a tomboy, but she certainly could fit the bill by a certain stretch.

“Sure.” Adriel pulled while her comrade pushed, and together the odd hexagonal door flung down and they crawled through the minor crevice that opened in the corner. The room they entered was lined with shelves as far as one could see. Going up dozens of feet, off in the distance it seemed like staircases led to even more floors of the same. Tossing aside cobwebs and moving up to one… ”It’s a library!” Adriel shouted, pulling a book off the shelf. The disinterested Seri seemed to meander around it, dragging a finger along the dusty ends of shelf to shelf. “It’s…it’s…” Adriel opened the book excitedly before heaving a weak sigh, “It’s all in Seldruin.”

“Like the dead language that no elf knows?”

“I’m sure some high elves know it, it’s just…”

“Useless to us. And any buyers.”

“I’m sure someone will get something. Or there’s something readable here; just give me a bit. Help me look for anything important.”

“Sure, we’ll split up. Find important stuff that way.” Seri had suggested, hiding behind a series of desks and tapping her fingers against the desk she leaned on. “Find anything yet?!” her friend shouted from an unknown location after a few minutes of Seli doing nothing. “Oh uh…um, nothing yet.” She fumbled around the desk. Pulling a book out and opening it quickly. Seldruin. She fiddled through the pages, it looked handwritten. And she even recognized that word at the top right corner. ‘Large.’ She rolled her eyes, knowing it only because enough drunk high elves commented on her breasts with it.

Scowling and grumbling she tried to read the page, their alphabets weren’t too terribly off. “Caelael ol col, Tandraer os mys, maer tia vyrdaer, maer tia thys…” she read in a hushed voice to herself, before seeing the other fork of words below. She picked one at random. “Pyrdi.” No more than an instant later the book jittered and puffed a bit of smoke as she felt herself squeezing. No…she felt squeezed, but she expanded. She looked around, down. Side to side. She was double her old height. She was about eleven and a half feet. “Addrriieelllll.” She called, hearing her friends feet pitter patter through the halls as she ran towards her.

“Find anythi—" she stopped herself. There was a moment of silence where they just stared at each other and blinked. “What?” Adriel cocked her head. “Uh the book sorta just did it. I read the page and it happened.” Suddenly things made sense. The larger doors, the looming halls, the huge corridors and foyers. This place a library for odd magics. This entire system of caverns was. “Lemme see!” she scrambled for the book, Seri didn’t stop her. She performed the same thing, reading it, though she opted to go a different route. She choose another word near the bottom, “Cyri.” And she felt the same sensation as she sputtered up to twenty five feet.

“What…did you even pick? Let me see!” Seri grabbed at the book as her friend snickered, she read it off, choosing now the third word. “Tari.” As she was pumped up to just over eighty feet. She swayed her hips side to side, “Very fun.”

“Seri!” her friend shouted, causing the busty blonde with caramel skin to bend down over her breasts and smirk. “Yes?”

“How do you plan on getting out?” the other girl gestured to the door, her white pony tail flickering and tossing from her uppity disposition.

“Easy, here.” Seri tossed the book to Adriel and sauntered over to the door. Books began to fall off the shelf and dust was unsettling from shaking chandeliers as she walked. Seri took a deep breath in and delivered a quick side kick to the wall where the door was. The door unhinged and fell down, much of the wall cracking.

“Seri! SERI!” her friend shouted, “Hm?” she turned around, leg about to deliver another kick. “These things, this whole place! It’s ancient! And historic!” she added. “Yeah. To high elves.” Seri said. Kick. “Well…I guess you’re right, they wouldn’t respect our natural sites, yeah?” Adriel agreed, reading from the book to swell herself to eighty feet, delivering a few kicks before they squeezed through the rubble.

They began to make their way for the exit, really what else could you want from a place like this. But they overheard some drunken slurring in the distance as they stopped right before a corner.

“Yeah this place is uh, it used to be some daggerear home. They left all their shit here when we scared em off.”

“Ay! I’d love to find me one, crawlin’ round ‘ere. Gross and pissy, put em in their place, y’know? Show em why they shoulda ran with’in their pals.”

“Ahh yeah! Really whomp em! I hope we do find one.”

Seri, typically aloof, rolled her eyes and turned the corner. Her expression of distain turned to scornful happiness. She smiled and couldn’t help but laugh, three pot-belied bearded dwarves didn’t reach past her ankles. “I’m sure you’ll find plenty, gentlemen.”

The dwarves could only stare in horror. No one really prepares themselves for this sort of thing, let alone in a cavern. None of them said a thing for a few moments, just slowly backing up. “Just give em one of these, right?” she lifted her gladiator sandal off the ground and slammed it down, she expected a big splat, but instead it was like stepping on some sort of pine cone or stuffed food. It crunched and exploded horrifically. Not nearly as simple and clean as she’d like, but he was dead beyond a shadow of a doubt. Or a shadow of a foot.

The other two had drastically different options. The first just heaved over, falling to his knees and puking while the other ran, screaming a bellowing and deep scream. “Seri you can’t just—agh!!” her friend shouted, running after the other dwarf and passing a glare to her friend while she did so. Each footfall of Adriel shook the dwarf, he didn’t get far, and as she closed in the rocks around him were tossed up and down, his footing failed. He fell. Crawling onto his back and squirming backwards he craned his neck up the thigh high green boots she wore, past her green and yellow tunic, up to her tanned face and green eyes, two white locks of hair framing her face after they’d escaped the ponytail.

“Please miss, I, we. I didn’t mean it. I swear!”

“I’m sure you didn’t, really,” she spoke while slowly lifting her boot up, ever so slowly, his end was abundantly clear but she inadvertently made him hang in limbo waiting for it to happen as she spoke, showing off the underside of her boot. “But between what my friend did, and this thing we found. Well the way we are, now, I guess. Between it all I just can’t let you go. I’m sorry it’s just wrong place wrong time, you know? It’s not personal.” Stomp. She slammed her foot down as hard as she could, if only to make it quicker for him.

She sighed and turned around, “Seri you can’t just…” she noticed her friend, slowly pressing her sandal-clad foot down onto the dwarf, “Go on, push. Show me what you’d give me.” Seri said, the swarf screaming and pushing. Crunch. He clearly wasn’t going to give her enough.

“Come on, lets go to River’s Mouth.” Seri suggested.

“How do we get smaller, though?”

“Why would we want to be smaller? I figured we get larger before going.”

“Not when you’re acting like this!”

“Especially when we’re acting like this!”

“We’re?!”

“Check the bottom of your boot, Adriel.”

…there was a silence as Adriel didn’t respond.

“You know you want to.” Seri nudged. “Fine. Let’s go.”

Once out of the cave system, they fiddled with the book a bit more, it seemed to have adequately scaled with them, so they debated on using the next word. “Mosi.” They each said, reading the spell together. They smiled at each other as they grew more. Reaching over the tree line easily they kept going. And going.

They stopped around 1000 ft. The town seemed forgettable at this size, it looked like a little patch of dirt almost. But that wouldn’t stop them, they already promised each other they’d go to it.

To the townsfolk, they merely saw darkened shapes on the horizon, looming and slowly approaching. The only thing to dwarf them would be the mountains that surrounded them. Each footfall of Seri and Adriel knocked trinkets and silverware around in the inn, the sounds of the surrounding region being reshaped by their steps audible between the quaking booms that were their actual steps.

Nearing the town, their faces finally became visible to the townsfolk, if not a bit blurred and far off, though recognizable. How many wood elves did a small town like them even have? Not many, at least by number. By volume, they now had much more than they bargained for. The elves stopped just short of the town, each one on a flank of it.

Adriel had bent over, hands-on-knees and butt-on-heels as she peered down, her green eyes peering down into the town. Nothing of this caliber or magnitude had ever even neared this town, and so her mere presence was intimidating, her casual breathing fogging up windows and glasses alike, cloaks and tunics were lifted and blown away causing her to smile and exhale more from a stifled laugh.

Seri, meanwhile, had stood tall, hands-on-hips, she lifted her toes that she painted a bright cyan. “This’ll be,” she set her toes down, causing a puff of air to be sent out, taking tiles off of buildings and knocking fleeing people over, “so much fun.”

“You can’t step on everything, Seri.” Her friend protested.

“Of course not, you’ll step on some.” She responded, lifting her foot up, the shadow engulfing an entire district of the town, dirt and tree and boulder falling from the sky that was the underside of Seri’s shoe, crashing into the ground with immense force.

THU-THU-THU-THUMP.

Her grand first step was interrupted by a horrible shaking that caused her to step backwards and steady herself, landing with her sandal caught backwards, she left a large print of five toes in the ground a she groaned.

THU-THU-THU-THUMP.

“What the f—” she began, before an absolutely echoing “Hyyaaaaahhh~” of a yawn cut her off. Is that what she sounded like to the tiny villagers? Both of the elves turned their gazes to the direction it came from.

Leaning on a mountain was…another elf. Pale. Straight bangs, dark hair, two little pieces falling down in front. Her golden eyes flickered with apathy and scorn, an odd combination to say the least.

“I’m not surprised you found the book. But I’m moderately impressed you could use it.” She began another yawn that led into her next sentence. “Aahhhhnnnyway. I’m gonna snatch that thing, you can stay the size you are, I don’t care much at all about this…” meanwhile Seri had opened the book, she’d be damned if someone was going to take it from her. Reading the final word she felt an instant of swelling before she was hit with what felt like a ton of bricks jammed into a headache.

She clutched at her head as the size fell. She deflated down and down, not even noticing it because of the terrible feeling that seemed like her brain was boiling and bleeding. “Let’s…not.” The large elf said, then holding up the tome, Seri no longer having it. One would wonder how she countered the spell and teleported it, but when you can actually use the thing in question, knowing it’s ins and outs isn’t too difficult. Adriel glanced back and forth, realizing that Seri was now regular-sized and in her own toeprint, an inescapable crater of irony. And a literal crater.

The other elf rose up, her pale skin contrasting with the way her bangs shadowed her golden eyes. The eyes gleamed a horrible hatred through the shadow, the thooming and sound of her rising being a harbinger for her scale, but the mountains also bowed to her, she had to be at least ten miles.

“The hard way is fine, too.”