- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is the first story that I've started to write in a long time. I had some ideas floating around for a while and finally decided to do something about it.

I've read a lot of good stories. Hopefully someone likes mine.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

The School Bell


14 April 1912


Four days and hundreds of miles had been logged into the ship's maiden voyage. Starting out, the weather was all right. At one point it steadily cooled down and the winds picked up, however it was nothing that the massive ship couldn't handle. But today felt different to those onboard the ship. The sea was calm, and it was very cold. It felt as if something huge was on the brink of happening.

Now off in the distance, a sound was beginning to be heard. Only few detected it at first but no one could tell what it was or where it was coming from. A dog in a room of pets that had been brought along for the voyage picked up on the strange sound early and it didn't seem to like it at all, whatever it was.

As the seconds passed by, more and more people were able to hear it. It still wasn't clear what the strange sounds were, but they appeared to sound like some sort of constant murmur. As the murmuring got louder, it became clear that the sound was the voice of someone speaking. At this point the voice was able to be understood by just about everyone on the surface of the ship, and by a sizeable portion of those below deck.


2 Sepetember 2015


"...to read the rest of chapter eleven and answer questions one through five by tomorrow."

Right as Kathlynn Wiggings finished speaking, the bell went off signifying the end of the school day.

"Perfect timing", Kathlynn remarked. "You're free to go. Enjoy the rest of your day" she said, but the class was already collecting their belongings in an effort to leave the room as soon as possible. The passengers and crew aboard the RMS Titanic in their unexplainable new surroundings had many thoughts going through their heads, but perfect timing (whether it was or not) was all but one of them.

Just as the mysterious voice had reached its peak in volume and clarity about thirty seconds prior, the sound of a loud and even more mysterious bell accompanied by a bright flash of light got the attention of everyone on the ship. Temporarily blinded by the light, it was difficult for the passengers to see what was going on outside the ship. However, the loud, bustling sounds of things shutting, people talking, and what sounded like footsteps, could be heard by the scared and confused people of the Titanic.

Eventually the passengers were able to see again, but many of them couldn't process what their eyes were showing them. No longer were they floating in the Atlantic Ocean, but they were now floating up and down in some sort of massive container that was making a loud humming noise in an even more utterly massive room. None of it made any sense. The room was filled with empty desks, and there was one larger desk in the front of the room. This desk, however, was occupied. There behind the desk, seemingly busy, sat the largest (from their perspective) living thing that those aboard the Titanic had ever dreamed of seeing.

It was a woman. And they were in some sort of strange classroom.

And they were tiny.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. Please leave a review!