- Text Size +

The Kingdom of Himmelkrea, under the reign of the Great Statesman-King, Ælla, had grown to become the Jewel of Medieval Europe. While (most of) the Continent plunged head-first into the Dark Ages, Himmelkrea flourished- on the subject of scientific and technological advancement, it is said that Himmelkrea was at par with the remnant of the Great Roman Empire in the East. Renowned for its impressive architecture and the privileged lives of its citizens, many Europeans of the time began viewing it as a model State. So righteous were the people of Himmelkrea that Social Evils such as Slavery and inequality (based on physical features and gender) were not tolerated under any circumstance. The Nation’s Great, Mighty Army protected its borders from jealous enemies and greedy plunderers, whilst its bustling Economy strove day and night to meet the demands within the Kingdom and beyond. The Hands of the Himmelkrean economy reached as far as: the Great Vandal Kingdom and Roman Africa in the South; Mighty China and India in the East; the Heroic Peoples of Scandinavia in the North; and the Frankish, Visgothic and Celtic Kingdoms in the West. Far and wide, the term, “Himmelkrea” commanded great admiration and genuine respect. 

 

The Kingdom’s young King, King Ælla, who had devoured his Legendary Father’s Wisdom and put it to practical use, watched his awe-inspiring Capital from the comforts of a tall tower in his majestic Palace. His eyes groped the throbbing scenery before him. He watched irrigated plush-green farms flow alongside a Great turquoise River (otherwise known as, “River Nerthus” to the Himmelkreans). Narrow roads (wide enough for two chariots to pass side-by-side) separated farms and connected the River to the rest of the city. Several boats galloped through the River, transporting people from one part of the city to the other. Elevated Bridges were a convenience for both: parties wanting to cross the River and parties transporting on the River. The Rest of the City had grown around the farms and spiraled skyward in three or four story towers. Busy semi-mobile markets with hundreds of exotic merchants and thousand of exotic merchandise sprawled across the city.

 

“Darling,” a tender feminine voice purred.

 

King Ælla turned and faced his stunning Wife, Adelheid- the Queen. Her pupils had been sculpted out of the same color as that of the Heavens. Her thin bony face was colored with a hint of peachy-white. Her blood-crimson lips were of the same color as the large rose which spiraled from the blond river on her scalp. Her lips were slightly parted as if inviting him to kiss her. Her delicious aura diffused across the chamber. 

 

She spoke, “Darling, let’s dine. Has my stunning beauty exiled your voice?” She giggled.

 

The Young King’s voice- an assertion of his manliness, echoed through the chamber, loud and clear, “No, quite the contrary. Your presence is what gives it strength.”

 

Her right hand, the proud owner of a golden gemmed chalice, battled against its Mistress’ will (to no avail) and had to transfer possession of the cup to the Royal oak-wooden dining-table. 

 

“Awwww!”, the Queen proclaimed while she freed both her hands. She reached for his waist and he reached for her hips. They embraced briefly before she planted a kiss on his lips. He returned the favor. Both of them engaged in a series of quick kisses before finally a passionate smooch dawned between them.

 

Adelheid bit her lower lip with her pearly teeth. She leaned in towards him and seductively whispered, “After Lunch, would you like some Dessert?”

 

“Well, that depends on what’s for Dessert.”

 

She shepherded his palm towards her crotch. “This!”. she exclaimed. Her hand coaxed his into grabbing her crotch. Her expensive silk clothes prevented skin from touching skin. He caressed her cheek with his other hand.

 

“I think I would like to have my Dessert before I have my Lunch."

 

“But the food might get cold. And I would hate for other people to interrupt us.” 

The Kings attention diverted to the dining table. It was filled to the brim with the most amazing food items, cooked of course by Himmelkrea’s best chef. The delicious fragrance of food danced around the room. His eyes scanned the food items on the table: platters of grapes and other fruits; boiled-eggs flavored with salt and pepper; a cauldron of boiling Soup; a dozen different bottles of wines; a Giant frost-coated, intricately designed Cake; platters of the best Chicken, Pork and Beef from the Market; a dozen different varieties of fishes; platters of different cheese; a platter of many different varieties of Sausages and a lot more. 

 

The King replied, “I’ll arrange somethings for the interruptions. But the food getting cold? Now, that’s something that we might just have to risk.”

 

Ælla’s attention turned to a butler. 

 

“I won’t be needing you my friend,” the King showed him the way out. 

 

“When I need you next, I’ll call for you. Guards! Man the door at the entrance of the tower and let no one in!”

 

The King then shut the heavy Oak doors of the Chamber and locked it. He placed the key on the table amidst the platters of food.

 

“Is my Dessert ready?” 

 

The Queen giggled. “To have your Dessert, you might have to get a little Tipsy first!”

 

She handed the golden chalice to him. The liquid within the chalice glowed in several different colors and shades. The King chugged down the liquor.

 

He questioned, “Now, where were we my Love?”

 

“I was taking you to a very special place.”

 

Ælla swiftly pulled her dress and threw it across the room as if it were a rag. Adelheid’s naked body- a Universal marvel greeted him. Her beauty outshone that of the Goddess Venus. 

 

The King bellowed, “Every time I see you like this, I am outright outraged at your parents.”

 

“My Parents, why?”

 

“I am upset that they named you Adelheid. They should have named you, Hellen. My Hellen. You are my Hellen!”

 

The Queen blushed. 

 

Ælla felt dizzy. The World gyrated around his field of vision. Everything went black. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ælla woke up in a red pool. A familiar aroma sprouted through the chamber. A semi-opaque white cloth with intricate designs barricaded the ceiling. The icy liquid jolted him to his senses. Abruptly, the chamber within which he found himself, shook as if the Earth itself had shaken. Noticing that the red Liquid (in which he was immersed up to his waist) began to form a Whirlpool, the clever king deduced that the unfamiliar chamber was being swirled.

 

The Ceiling vanished; light flooded in and a giant, familiar face dawned into the Ceiling.

 

His Blond Wife questioned, “Awake yet?”

 

As he looked up at her, jeopardized by fear, he heard a wicked laughter reverberate through his new Chamber.

Swiftly, she bit the chalice with her rosy lips; the disoriented chalice dried up the drought in her mouth as it flooded the entrance to her body with Wine.

 

She said in a hysteric trance, “You know Darling, they say that the way to a Woman’s heart is through her Stomach.”

 

Her Husband demanded, “Adelheid, WHAT is going on?”

 

“You know, I have always wondered… What does it feel like to bathe in the Blood of our Savior?”

 

“That doesn’t answer my Question.”

 

“Maybe… one day when I have finished consolidating my position as Ruler, and when all this Theatrical Drama dances itself out of existence, I too should consider bathing in Wine. It must be very… very relaxing for you. Does bathing in Wine make you feel drunk?”

 

“Adelheid, are you even listening to me? Jesus Christ… You have never been so disrespectful of me before. I DEMAND that You answer my question.”

 

“Well Darling, let’s just say… let’s just say that You have been…” Adeline paused her sentence dramatically. Her eyes locked onto her soon-to-be ex-Husband. Her lips uttered the last part of her sentence, “Deposed.” 

 

“Now,” she savored the moment: licking her lips in anticipation of the near future. “Now, the question is: What do I do with You?” 

 

She paused again as if she was pondering, “What does one do to a deposed King? How does one prevent His naïve, foolish and pesky followers from attempting to restore Him to His former glory? The Problem with You is… that You are too popular amongst our subjects. If I let You live, You might go on to brew anarchy against me.”

 

 Her lips twisted themselves into a wicked grin. 

 

A Tyrant will conjure up any excuse to support the means of his Tyranny: His Father’s words rang in his ears. He thought to Himself, ’If only you were alive father, you would have warned me beforehand.'

 

She wickedly said, “Unfortunately, this means I have to get rid of You.”

 

Ælla’s breathing became irregular; an anxiety-attack spawned from within Him, and He found it harder and harder to breath. 

 

His Wife stated, “Now, good Husband Ælla- I bid Thee farewell.” 

 

Adelheid elevated the Chalice of Ælla’s Doom to her ruby lips, and chugged down the contents of the Chalice in a most-unladylike manner. Ælla managed to cling to the cup’s rim.

 

“Must You always be so stubborn, Ælla? Would it kill You to cooperate with your wife for once in your Life? Well, LONG. LIVE. THE. KING!”

The Queen burst into a hysterical fit. 

 

She sucked Him from His waist-down into her maw. With one monstrous gulp, she sent Him to His doom. Monstrous laughter reverberated across the chamber; it reverberated around the ex-King too, whilst He was being dragged away to her belly.