- Text Size +
* * * * *

No matter how deplorable his taste in reading matter, Joseph Hunter had two things to his credit. His courage and reaction time. They had helped him to survive Operation: Desert Storm. They had helped him through twenty years as a vice-cop with the LAPD. So, surely they would help him deal with this bizarre bullshit!

Well, that and the .357 magnum revolver in his nightstand drawer.

Yet, even as he withdrew it, and spun about to aim it (in less time than it takes to tell), the thirty-something woman he had been taking to bed for the last four months proved even faster. She threw a hard-boiled egg down at his feet. The hard wood shattering the shell and thereby allowing the combustible chemicals within to ignite. Resulting in a flash of light that momentarily blinded him; a cloud of acrid white smoke that made him start coughing and gagging; and a bang that temporarily half-deafened him. Preventing him from seeing and hearing his seductive assailant as she sprang from the bed...

...and stabbed him in the navel with a drug-tipped acupuncture needle.

"UHHHHHHHNH!" he groaned as he fell to the floor face-first. His paralyzed fingers becoming unable to hold the gun. Fortunately (or, perhaps, unfortunately, depending on one's point of view), she caught the dropped revolver with her right hand. Thereby preventing it from probably going off on impact with the floor!

"You do not get off that easy, El Cazedor. I have questions that must be answered."

Hunter was in no condition to reply. Not until an unknown amount of time later, when he felt himself being lifted out of whatever dark, dank, and smelly place he had been stowed away within. What he saw subsequent to that, however, immediately made him wish he was still hidden inside there! For what he beheld was like something out of a Lovecraftian pastiche.

A stark-naked giantess with a giant-sized owl perched on her shoulder. Well, giant-sized to him, anyway! Yet, comparatively smaller than its apparent master.

"Vickie, please!" he exclaimed (finally able to open his mouth, again): "I don't know what's happening, here. But..."

She cut him off with a flick of her left foot's big toe.

"Victoria Fukuda of Tech Support is no more. Baka! She was merely my way of infiltrating your company, six months ago. With the first two months spent attracting your attention. After all; what better way to get access to all of the employees' computer pass words? Imagine my mixed feelings at discovering that you were one of the half-dozen I sought! Pleasant surprise that you had made my job so much easier. And amazement that you would use the Spanish word for 'hunter' as your screen name. Even David West was not so arrogant as to think that was good enough camouflage!"

"Which brings us to my first question; who is the real Dee W.?"

"And if I co-operate, what do I get in return?"

The nude kunoichi grinned and bent down--with sensuous slowness--to gently pick him up with the the thumb and forefinger of her left hand. She then moved him to her right, so that his left foot now dangled over the little owl...

...who promptly bit off Hunter's little toe.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

She waited until he had stopped screaming before speaking again, herself.

"Answer my question, truthfully, and you will die with merciful quickness. Try to bargain for more lenient terms? And Tatarimokke will dine on all nine of your remaining toes! Trust me, Hunter. As the author of such Dark Web filth as 'Plugged In,' you would highly deserve the latter. But, I wish to leave this decadent waste of a nation as soon as possible! So, I ask once more. Who is Dee W.? And where I can find him (or her, as the case might be)?"

Hunter told her. And, for just a second, she let her emotional guard down. Thereby displaying a shocked facial expression that Hunter sensed was completely genuine. The next moment, however, her face was back to its stonily impassive self. Whereupon, she placed him down atop a wooden chair...and then sat on him. Hard!

To Be Concluded