- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What??? Second update within a single week? What is this magic?

Summary of previous chapter for people who skipped it due to moderate gore: Katie accidentally sat on some kid's parents and his left leg and messed it up pretty bad, so she's now responsible for his care.

Story begins here, so yeah.

The walk to the hospital was easy enough. A bit of wading through central tinyville and soon enough, we were on the freeway. Unfortunately, it was an elevated freeway, except I didn't know that it was elevated until I my foot came down onto the pavement… and kept going (for a few inches, but still, the freeway looked to be about 30-50 feet off the ground.) The bridge simply crumpled under my foot as if it was aluminum foil.

“Well, we've got a bit of explaining to do later.”

“Yeah, especially why my wristband keeps making sarcastic comments about everything.”

“Get this kid to the hospital first. And try not to kill any more people. You nearly stepped on a bus right there.”

“Oh geez, they really are freakishly small. I didn't even see them.”

“No, you're freakishly big. Imagine how different their lives would be if your foot had landed on their bus instead of that sign”

Looking in my footprint, I saw that I had indeed smashed a sign under my foot. Upon closer inspection (and a bit of bending; the sign was folded in half) I saw that it said that the hospital should be on the next exit.

“Disregard the sign, it was stuck under your foot for a while now. We actually gone past the exit that you were supposed to take. Unless… you suited for some off-roading?”

“I think that I can handle this terrain.” The freeway cuts through a forest, but a couple of trees shouldn't be that hard to walk through. I took my first step on the trees, and they splintered without any resistance. The trees were actually much softer than I thought they would be.

“I see that you are not a treehugger.”

“Well, I actually like trees. It's a shame that I had to crush so many of them.” The forest was now dotted with my footprints in which tree trunks were crushed into a material that resembled sawdust. It was odd how soft the trees were and how good they had felt under my soles.

“Well, you have a weird way of hugging trees then.”



A few more minutes of walking brought us right outside the hospital. There was a handy “drive-through ER,” so we decided to give that a shot (the 7 feet maximum height sign mysteriously disappeared under my foot.)

“Welcome to Riverside Hospital. How can we help you?”

“Uhh, you see, I crushed this kid’s leg, and he’s fainted…”

“Would this patient require urgent care?”

“His entire leg was smashed.”

“Does that classify as urgent?”

“All of the bones in that leg were pulverized and his leg resembles a elongated meat pancake now.”

“Does this kid urgently need care?”

“What if I go in there and smash your legs? Would you need urgent care?”

“Wait, are you mortally obese or something? How can you crush a person’s leg and cause them to faint?”

“Well… just look out the window. I think that it would explain some things.”

“We don't have windows here, I'm sorry.”

“I'll just make my own then. Stand back”

“Wait, what are you-”

Before the poor man knew what was happening, my foot had bust through the wall and he was launched into a pile of pillows (luckily for him, it was laundry day and the pillows were clean.)

“Uhh… what just happened…?”

“Katie, I really don't think kicking down part of a hospital after facesitting a hundred people is a good way to make first contact here.”

“Relax Madison, this kid needs help anyway.”

The man stirred. He was apparently knocked unconscious by my foot smashing through the wall.

“So… you're behind the tremors that shook the entire hospital?”

“Yep”

“And the crashing noises and the smell of pine mulch?”

“That would be my feet.”

“And you saw the 7 feet maximum height sign, knowing that you are a bit taller than that?”

“Actually, I'm only five foot seven, so I don't know why you think I'm seven feet tall. I'm not a basketball player.”

“Hm. And can I see this boy? The one with a crushed leg?”

“Got a stretcher? I don't think that you would like to have me carrying him around the halls.”

“Right, give us a moment.”

A moment later, 2 doctors and a nurse showed up with a stretcher. The nurse proceeded to faint upon seeing me. I guess that seeing the remains of her office desk sticking out from under my toes made her faint or something.

“Uhh ma’am, the boy, please.”

“Damn, what's happened to his leg?”

“She says that she sat on it.”

“Damn, how's he still alive?”

“Wouldn't bet on it.”

“Damn, she's sexy. Wonder how many people she can crush with that ass.”

“I heard that. And why are you starting every sentence with ‘damn?’”

“Damn… big, sexy, deadly, and cheeky. I like that in a girl…”

“Just go and treat him already, ok?”

“Katie, this is the part where we return to Frank’s farm.”

“Ok Madison. Guys, I'll be back in a few hours. His parents have died of… the flood. I will be his new protector now.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Damn, look at the way she just casually steps on that car… ooh whoever that car used to belong to now has a metal pancake a millimeter thick…”

“THAT’S MY CAR YOU BITCH!!!”

“Was your carry, Larry. Now it's just a flat piece of smashed metal. And it smells like pine trees. Damn, look how smooth it is, even the engine was smashed!”

“You sound like a 300-foot tall giantess would not destroy a car when she steps on her it.”

“You mean 300 feet of sexy. 300 feet of car crushing sexy.”

“Stay focused, Greg. This kid’s leg is pretty fucked up.”

“Come on Jack, you gotta appreciate how good looking she is.”

“Treating this kid is more important right now.”





As we were walking away, a bus honked at me from below. I realized that I had nearly stepped on another bus. Backing away, I felt something flatten under my foot. Raising it, I saw pieces of a flattened boxcar. Somehow this reminded me of train hobos, and I really hope that the boxcar was empty.

“Some things never change…”

“Madison, please tell me that your attitude is not one of those things.”

“No promises.”




I headed right for my tent upon returning to Frank’s farm. Carefully unzipping the flap, I realized that I had forgotten about the people in the rubble.

“Oh, you guys must be starving! Here, I'll get you something to eat real soon quick…”

In the corner of the tent was a half dozen food rations and at least two dozen men trying to open one of them. Kneeling down to watch them, I again realized how tiny everything is. Effortlessly lifting the ration bag, I ripped the bag along the seams to make a sort of tarp and poured the contents onto the makeshift tarp. Canned meat and vegetables, instant rice, canned fruit, chocolate candies, and two pieces of chewing gum. Immediately a boy dashed between my knees with the intent of stuffing an entire piece of gum into his mouth. He stopped when he realized that the piece was about as long as he was tall.

“Well, I guess that I could live off the vegetables and rice, and I'll let you guys have the chicken.”

Nobody moved at all. Not even the kid who had dashed forward to the gum.

“Erm, do you guys know what chicken is?”

“O mighty goddess, the monstrous chicken is one of the few predators that we dare to fear. For they rampage through our cities and crush our people without care for the consequences!”

“Wait, why did you call me you goddess? I'm just Katie.”

“Did you not see the way our strongest struggled to open thy sacred bag? They have attempted to open the bag and reveal its holy contents for hours! And yet, thou suffered none, lifting it as if the bag were merely empty and breaking thy holy seal as if it were made of nothing but plastic and glue!”

“Stop acting as if I am some goddess or something. And the bag really is held together by plastic and glue. The contents were dried so they are lighter and take up less space. I guess that it still weighs a lot to you guys, especially at that size. We’ll need to get some water, unless you want to eat the chicken dry and uncooked.”

“You see? Our humble goddess pities our diminutive size! And the goddess also reveals that she can kill a chicken! What immense strength and power! We must subject ourselves to her bidding!”

“Now really, I’m just a normal girl, a bit bigger than you are, but I am really just one of you. I do not wish to keep you as my slave, not that you guys would be much use, unable to even lift a bag of rations…”

“The goddess is displeased! Please forgive us! We will prove our worthiness and collect the holy water required to cook the holy food the goddess had intended to share with us-”

“Had intended? I still intend on sharing this chicken! And I can get the water myself!”

“Nonsense, you shall not exert yourself any further!”

“We are on the outskirts of a flooded city and along the coastline of a freshwater lake and the banks of a river. And may I remind you that in the time it would take for you to cross this tent I could carry half of the people in here across town?”

“So thou wishes to expose thy holy body to the brutal elements and collect the holy water for your meal?”

“My meal? It's you who I want to feed!”

“We must stop our goddess from exiting the comforts of her holy sanctuary! Men, stop her from exposing her holy body to the elements!”

“You guys cannot hope to stop me. And I'm getting the water for all of us.”

I stood up to my (impressive?) full height of 5 feet 7 inches, causing those standing closest to me to literally fall onto their backs in an attempt to keep my face in sight. Those standing by the flap tried to stop me from leaving, but I just brush them away with my hand and unzip the flap. Stepping out of the tent, I zipped the flap to the protests of my new “worshippers,” and walk literally 25 feet to the river.”

“I wonder how they would react to seeing me.”

“You? If I appear as a goddess to them, you might as well be a living form of physics or something.”

“Oh, and there's something that I want you to try.”

“Ok? Tell me about it.”

“Think of how tall those tinies are.”

“Uhh… about an inch or so?”

“Concentrate hard.”

“I am.”

“Harder.”

I suddenly feel as if my body was traveling back through time. As if everything around me was growing larger and I was shrinking. I opened my eyes and saw that the river was gone, but I was in a giant footprint at least 6 feet deep. I wondered for a moment what could have possibly made such a footprint in the hard sandstone…

“Wait, did I just shrink?”

“I think you left your bucket behind you.”

I turned around and expected to see my bucket full of water but only coming up to my shin. Instead, I just saw a massive black wall 65 feet in height.

“Holy shit…”

“Now try thinking of your normal self. Think of towering over everyone.”

This size shift was much easier to do, as I know what it feels like to be normal-sized, but the transformation felt much weirder than suddenly shrinking from a 350 foot tall giantess to a 5’7” girl. It was as if my skin was stretching to the point where it would simply rip apart, but kept growing. I opened my eyes to see my bucket beside me again, only reaching up to my shin, and the river flowing innocently in front of me again. I lifted my foot and realized that my foot only sunk into the mud for about an inch or so. And yet it seemed like a ditch 6 feet deep in the hard sandstone…

I now understand why the people saw me as a goddess.

I also realized that I like having unimaginable amounts of power. Nobody can stop me now… from stuffing chicken down the throats of those starving men and women.




And so it began. I grabbed the man who was still trying to preach about my status as their goddess around his waist. He did not fight back either because he saw me as his new goddess or he realized that my fingers were as thick as he was and I could easily crush him in my hand if I wanted to. I ripped off a piece of chicken the size of a pinhead and shoved it into his face (I guess I missed the mouth.) That was all that was needed. Immediately people started to eat the chicken from the plate, carefully at first, as if I might crush them for doing so without my permission. However, when I smiled at the sight of a hundred people all feeding off a single chicken wing, they relaxed. Some even smiled back. An especially daring one asked if he and his friends can sit on my lap and talk to Madison (their wish was granted and Madison taught them how to code.) A game of basketball started between the teens in the group, and naturally they asked me to play. Unfortunately, I sucked at basketball, and I feared crushing them even if I was able to play. The girls started a game of volleyball, and I was able to join in their game by offering my right foot as a net. The “party” continued until sunset (those poor fools didn't eat for a day) when the people started to retire for the night. About an hour after sunset, everyone was asleep in the corner by Madison’s request (that prevented me from rolling onto a poor person in my sleep and crushing them.)

All was well. Except for one thing.

John’s surgery would be tomorrow afternoon. And his left leg would be amputated.




Chapter End Notes:
For all of ya who wanted Katie to be a goddess or something, your wish was granted.