- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally decided on a height for our giantess (350 feet, makes interaction a bit difficult, I guess). And decided that the best place for a neural interface would be a wristband. Make it less painful than what I've seen in other stories, with examples such as something along the lines of a USB port in the neck area, the AI being surgically implented into the host's brain, and other nasty stuff I won't be getting into.

Oh look! Horizontal line! Yay! Making it easy to see where the actual story begins!

 


 

Madison was unsure of what she would do if Katie had fainted. Her legs were trembling and Madison was sure that whoever was in the yellow car that hit Katie's toe is about to get smashed into nothingness...

Except Katie had not fainted. But the same cannot be said for the driver of the car.

"Well, I guess that you made quite the bold entrance."

"Madison, what do you mean?"

"You nearly crushed a man and his car on your first step back on Earth. That's quite some way to make first contact."

"Look here, it wasn't my fault that he drove his car right into my toe!"

"But you put your foot in front of the car and he didn't have any time to react. And even if he did, your foot is twice as wide as the road anyway."

"Madison, people always said that I had small feet."

"Not anymore. Your feet would be considered rather big if it is larger than the average barn house. And if you look to your left you can find one. I daresay your foot can easily crush the entire barn. Not that you should try it out."

"I never really liked responsibility..."

"Don't forget that visit we have to make to the city! Maybe we should use the countryside for practice..."

"Yeah, good idea." Katie spotted a nearby town, and heading in that direction, ready to make a better second impression, but alas...

"Katie, you are demolishing the road."

"Am I? Oh shoot, I am!"

"Yeah, I don't think that your footprints can count as everyday potholes. Not when the potholes are deeper than how tall these people are. It also appears that you punctured the water pipes. At least the power lines are not affecting you like I thought..."

"Power lines?"

"Look down at your feet."

Wrapped around Katie's ankles were numerous wires and snapped poles, and Katie, who had clearly seen too many movies with people having their ankles tied together, did not dare move her feet.

"Now see here, I know that it looks like you got yourself in a sticky situation..."

"Madison, if I move at all I'll probably trip and crush half of that community, so do some of your AI shit and help me find a way to untie this knot or something."

"Just move your foot."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"You're a fucking giantess. You probably snapped hundreds of those poles without even know about it, and a few wires that are actually a few inches wide to a normal sized person is going to trip you? Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Are you sure that this would not trip me?"

"Oh look, you're already breaking some wires."

Looking down, Katie saw that many wires were indeed snapping, segments of wire flying for a few feet and landing harmlessly in the nearby field...

"When did we walk into a field?"

"No Katie, when did you crush half of the perimeter fence and walk into this field?"

"Now really, if I crushed a few hundred yards of fence then I would have felt it..."

"You're wearing sneakers. Your toe probably weighs more than a train locomotive anyway. And please tell me that you've seen what happens when a weak wooden fence gets rammed by anything that weighs more than a few hundred pounds."

"It crumbles..."

"Yeah. And I think your toe does not weigh nearly as much as you do. Now what happens when a 300-foot tall giantess steps on a fence, wearing sneakers, while arguing to an AI about what happens when a few wires a few hundredths of an inch wide gets wrapped around their ankles? Honestly, I think that I would be a better giantess, even though I am just a bunch of code that knows how to learn."

"Wow Madison, thanks for the advise."

"Oh look Katie, the property owner's coming! Maybe he wants a word with you about his fence... or his crops... or about his power... or his only connection to civilization..."

"Shit, how do I get away..."

"Katie, stop overthinking everything. You are a giantess. Maybe even a goddess, if we're talking raw power. He is a farmer dude who has no electricity, no street connections to anywhere, and you just smashed half of his field. I don't think that he would want to get messy with you."

"OK, fine Madison, I'll go see him now."

"Good. And please squat down instead of sitting down, there's a barn house behind you, and unless I'm mistaken, his animals have taken shelter from you in it. I don't think that he would be willing to speak to you if his animals are meat patties under your butt."

"Ugh Madison, stop being so gross."

"Just be responsible, please?"

"No promises"

 

"I hate it when you are like that."

 

-


"Well, hello there, giantess from the stars!" the farmer shouted.

"Erm... hello... and sorry about your place..." Katie replied, praying that the farmer cannot see Madison in her heads-up display.

"Oh, it's nothin', we're movin' out 'n a few months, we've got us a job in the big city!"

"Well... congratulations!"

"Anyway, are ya lost? I think that you ain't local, the way you seem to wander around."

"Well... yeah... listen, is there anywhere here that I may be able to rest a bit?"

"Like I said, we're movin' out in a few months, you can have that field to your right. It's fallow anyway, the crops we got there aint suited fer this type 'n all, all sun all day."

"Wow... thank you! For getting me a place to sleep... and not running away from me after I crushed half your place..."

"Well, they is gonna pave 'ver my lot in a year to make some "industrial zone," those nutters. I've got meself a job in the big city though, and they're payin' me fer me land, so everythin's a-ok. The house used to be my great-grandmother's though, moved in befor' this city's population even hit firty."

"Wait, where is your grandmother's house?"

"The big one 'round the barn, still in top condition, that thing. Better safety 'nspection ratin's than some skyscrapers in the city, if you can believe that! Real proud of my folk... real proud..."

"You know... that house you were talking about..."

"Yeah?" Terror suddenly filled the farmer's face.

"Relax, I'm not going to use it as a seat cushion or something. I could pick it up and take it somewhere else for you... seeing that I owe you all the damage that I've done here..."

"Nah, you don't have to, can't afford another plot of land anyways... property prices bin risin' and risin, its insane."

"Not unless we can do something about it," Madison whispered in Katie's ear, "I'm an AI built around hacking. I can hack that man's bank account and they won't have any clue what happened. Not that I would enjoy doing that. But if I have to..."

"We'll get you a plot of land. And move your old house. Even if I have to get my hands a bit dirty," Katie said to the farmer calmly, "I don't plan on destroying half your property without helping you rebuild," Katie said to the farmer, not so calmly this time...

"Ma'am... one last thing... where are you from? Surely not near here?"

"Oh, I am from here, all right. But it was a very different world back when I lived here."

Katie smiled at the farmer as she walked away, and accidentally knocked over more power lines and nearly crushed the trailer of a tractor truck on the highway, launching its driver from its windshield. Madison looked insolent but realized that Katie was, after all, only human.

Chapter End Notes:

 


 

Katie: somewhat careless but at full control here

Madison: incredibly powerful while essentinally having no physical power at the same time

Farmer dude: literally powerless

Tractor-truck driver dude: confused, probably knocked out, wondering what happened to the back of his truck and where that giant foot came from, in need of a large beer.

 

This could get intresting.

 

p.s. decided to save that unorthodox thing for later.