- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I might try something unorthodox in the near future... not sure how it might end out but I guess that it would be cool.

 

Yay! An update that didn't take months!

 

P.S. Changed size range from 501ft -1 mile to 100 ft - 500 ft (still haven't decided exact size yet) but it would make interaction a helluva lot easier.

 

P.P.S. Changed rating from PG to R (Just for some extra safety. This story might be more of a PG-13 though.)

"Madison, this is Florida?"

"Katie, if I had a physical body, I would hang on real tight. The parachutes are about to deploy."

Entering the atmosphere was uneventful, unless Madison losing control of the lifepod for a few terrifying seconds when Katie had accidently nudged her chip out of the port counts as eventful. The atmosphere has seemed to have recovered from centuries of abuse from the human race, which came to a shock to Katie, who learned in school that the atmosphere was past the "point of no return."

Madison, however, had other things on her (digital) mind.

"Katie, you have to be more careful near these people. Your clumsiness nearly destroyed this lifeboat. Imagine if you had nudged a building with your butt!"

"I'm sorry Madison, and I swear that I would not want to get close enough to nudge buildings with my butt anytime soon."

"Katie, you know its going to happen. You will have to communicate with the population if you want to or not, and you would have to walk through their cities."

At the mention of cities, however, Katie had memories of narrow alleyways that evolved into...

"Madison... what if I'm too big for the city streets? What if I'm too wide?"

"There's always those stories that perverts write about some girl suddenly growing to gigantic sizes, maybe you can read those and learn to adjust to your new size."

"Wow, I never thought that I would be thankful for perverts on this world."

"Just be careful with them, would you? Oh, and we're going to be landing any second now, so get your stuff ready, I'm getting signs of life down at the surface... and not all of them are plants."


-


"Look, over there!"

"What the-"

"What'nvers in tha thing mus' be huge, I tell ya'll, HUGE!"

"Someone call the police!"

"Vha' vould zee polize be able to zo to zat zhing?"

"Look mom, something's coming from inside the meteor!"

"It looks more like someone is coming from it... oh my..."




-



"Madison... how do you operate this door?"

"It's automated. Give me a sec... or a few minutes... oh my, this is complicated. Also, can you stop starting all of your sentences with "Madison" or "uhh... Madison?"

"Fine, but breaking bad habits are hard, you know?"

"And all I had to do was to edit the code. Guess there are advantages to being an AI."

A few minutes later...

BANG!

"And I thought the phrase was 'send me out with a bang,' not enter with a bang..." said Katie, "At least the world seems like it didn't change that much..."

"We'll see about that, come on, let's get exploring!" Madison had already installed herself into Katie's neural interface, allowing her to travel anywhere that Katie did, but also revealing that...

"Holy shit Madison, you are hot."

"Holy shit Katie, that was not necessary. At all."

"Well... I guess. But I figured that I could let it out right here, where it only looks like plains and some hills in the distance."

"Ok, but promise me that you won't make any more comments about my body. We get a lot of options to choose from, but when you got a few thousand years to choose an avatar things can get out of hand..."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at Rose, the shipboard AI for that mining ship that drifted into deep space. When the ship finally made it back to the sol system, she started growing a third arm."

"What good does a third arm do? Also, you're smarter than that, Madison."

"Ehh... I don't know... I see you guys struggle with tasks that would be trival with three arms..."

"Like?"

"Texting and driving."

As if right on cue, Katie had the slightest feeling that had hit her right pinky toe...

"What th-"

All thoughts of a mining ship drifting in deep space, AI avatars with three arms, and looking for a nice tree to lie under just left her mind and the bottom of her stomach felt as if it had fallen about three feet to the ground (Katie was a rather tall girl), but no, this can't be right...

"Who left that toy car out here..?" asked Katie.

"Katie... that isn't a model car..."

"I- wha- oh my."












Chapter End Notes:

Ok, who did leave that toy car there?