- Text Size +
Story Notes:

VALIDATE MY EXISTANCE

A certain... um... "technique" sprang into my head at the same time I was writing The Things You Do For Love and well... It morphed into this monstrosity. So enjoy it. Or don't. Been feeling a lot of negative emotions lately and this is my "healthy" outlet. Please enjoy the fruits of my suffering.

They scattered across the floor in a blind panic. They were two fucking inches tall, three if they were being generous, and unsure how they came to this state or why. It didn't matter anyhow, given the much bigger problem currently on their hands. The psychotic giantess that put them into their current predicament gleefully watched their struggles from above.


"Oh goodness, it's such an honor to meet you all!" It had been a marvelous experience for Katie when they first woke up to their brand new world and she refused to help. They screamed. Swore. Demanded. Then she opened the cabinet's little door and their tone changed. They cried. Begged. Pleaded, no, no, no this couldn't be happening, you can't do this...


She showed them all her beloved notebook, and Dan, a 31 year old man who was not prepared for this kind of mental stress, saw something straight out of madness. Two phrases. I hate him. I want to kill him. Dan glanced down the rest of the page. I hate him. I want to kill him. I hate him. I want to kill him. I hate him. I want to kill him. I hate him. I want to kill him. I hate him. I want to kill him. I hate him. I want to kill him. I hate him--Over and over like some madness mantra. With a great deal of effort he flipped through a few more pages. All of them contained that same fucking phrase. "I hate him. I want to kill him." A rabid "fan" willing to do anything to get his attention, absolutely anything, and when all was said and done, she wanted to kill him. Out of envy, probably, or some narcissistic belief that if she removed what made her envious, her life would improve. Which meant that at the very least... A small, terrified moan slipped from his lips. An itch tickled the back of his throat, like he was about to vomit. ...At the very least, one of the four men would die by someone 10 years their junior, being the "him" in the notebook full of crazy.


"JESUS FUCKING--!" Chris screamed as he was torn from the floor by Katie's fingers. Deeply unhinged giggles escaped their captor as Chris' agonized howls cut the stillness of the room. Dan trembled in place, stealing a glance at his other two comrades, Kyle and Will. All of the men were shaking, either covering their eyes or pupils trained on the floor with such intensity that one would think the head of Medusa should appear if they dared to look up. None of them dared to speak as the sickening squelches and quiet drip, drip, drip of Chris' blood coalescing and matting his long brown hair filled the empty room with noise. His screams had turned into a pathetic wheeze, which given what they knew had happened to him, filled the three men with deep, visceral disgust and sadness. Why not just let the poor man die?  Katie swiftly carried Chris off to join the rest of her "collection", a perturbing smile plastered across her face.


"O-o-o-okay..." Dan stammered to his hysterical bandmates. He ran his hands over his face and through his dark quiff. "M-m-maybe if we... try to hide, we can bide some time, and--"


"No." Kyle, a few inches taller than Dan, sized him up and gave a sardonic smile. "No. You read what was on that fucking paper. We're not getting out of here, because she's coming back. Obviously Chris wasn't the one she hated. No..." Kyle ran a hand over his beard. "She's gonna kill us all just for her own sick kicks. She knows who she hates. She knows we're close, so she's..." He paused, reluctant to face the reality, "She's taunting the one she really hates. Torturing him, slowly. Mentally."


"Don't say that." Dan muttered.


"Why?" Kyle asked genuinely. "Is it because you're the face of the band? The vocalist? The frontman?" Dan winced. "It is, isn't it? Because you're the one she wants?"


"Don't fucking say that!" Dan screamed rather shrilly. "I-I'm not, I'm not, I'm not..." He panted. "H-How do you know she doesn't want you, huh? Or Will?! Mr. Suave Smoldering Gaze over there?! It's not me! She doesn't want me!" Dan desperately tried to convince himself. "She doesn't want me! She doesn't!"


"Are you sure about that?" Dan's blood froze in his veins. Her latest victims craned their necks to meet her gaze as her body loomed over them like a stormcloud.


"NO! NO! GODDAMNIT-SHIT-NO!--mmph!" Katie wrapped her fist around Kyle's upper body, pulling him into the air. She spread him face-down across her palm.


"How do you think it would feel if I used my nails?" A muffled, frantic shriek came from the surface of her palm. She tentatively raked a nail over Kyle's spine. Muscles undulated just under his skin as he quivered in fear.


"I-I..." Dan's mouth ran dry. "I-I don't..."


"Too late." Kyle's maddening screams bored into Dan's ears as she flayed Kyle's flesh apart. Dan squeezed his eyes shut and covered his ears, but he could still hear it. Will stared up in an almost catatonic state.


"This isn't happening." Dan murmured amongst the scuffle of nail-on-bone. "This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't--"


"D-Dan?... Dan, I don't... I don't want to die here. I don't--W-We... We all had such....ggh...s-such promise, a-and now--now it's--"


"Please don't kill him!" Dan shrieked at their tormenter. "Please, don't do this to Will! G-Go ahead, I'm the one you..." She turned with Kyle in hand, prepped for her collection. He swallowed back a mouthful of vomit, "You really want, right?! Take me instead and leave him alone!" A smile tugged at the corner of her lips and a low, mocking giggle came out of her throat. She paid the two remaining men little mind as she pinned up Kyle's mutilated remains to the wall. "W...Will..." Dan hissed in a whimper dredged from his throat, "Run. I-I'm the one she wants. Please, just run. You might still..." Will gave one last glance towards Dan but didn't argue and bolted in the direction of the door.


"Heh." A massive bare foot came down in Will's path, sending him stumbling to the ground. "I'm not letting you go that easy, you dumbfucks." She slid her toes atop Will's body.


"NO!" Dan screamed in a panic. "No! No, no! It's me, it was all me! I told Will to run! Don't--Don't hurt him!"


"I don't care." She responded dispassionately, expression twisting into a glower. "He still ran." She applied pressure to Will's chest. He grimaced in pain. Dan closed his eyes. "No." She chastised. "You watch. Open your eyes." Dan's tear-blotched eyes opened regretfully.


"Don't hurt him..." mewled Dan. "Don't hurt him..." Will gasped in agony. A soft, wet crunch popped under one of her toes. Will's bloodshot eyes strained towards Dan as he drew in shallow, ragged breaths.


"Oops. I think I broke something." She giggled serenely, as if she hadn't just mutilated a man's ribs. "Probably won't be able to add him to my collection now. Oh well. Cryin' shame."


"Let him go... Please?" Dan dropped to his hands and knees. "Please... H-He didn't do anything wrong!" Will coughed up a mouthful of blood, staining the peach colored skin of her toes. "Oh God, no, no, no, no, no...."


"Now, little man, you're never gonna run again." Katie's toes egulfed Will. With one single, sudden thrust downward, Will's body crumpled, exploding into a semisolid mess of pink and red. A gruesome halo of blood spread around her sole, bone and organ bits that hadn't been mulched having launched a few inches in a radius around her foot. Quite impressive, considering the size of the victim. Dan stayed glued to the spot, frantically shaking his head.


"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Dan screamed at the top of his lungs. "What have you... What have... you..."


"I thought it would be obvious." She casually wiped her foot against the hardwood floor, trying her best to get the rest of Will's sticky remains off her toes.


"No..." Dan moaned. "No, this can't be real... this can't..."


"Oh, it's real, honey." She scooped him into her hands and gave him a wide-eyed, abhorrently lustful smile. "And you're my beautiful shining star." Katie flipped open a small pocket knife. "It's almost time for your metamorphasis, sweetie. But I think you need a little extra something. I mean, not only are you the epitome of my collection, but you did make sure I'm out of one less... display..."


"I DIDN'T!" Dan roared with the last of his strength. "THAT WAS ALL YOU! I BEGGED YOU TO STOP AND YOU WOULDN'T YOU FUCKING MURDEROUS, DISGUSTING, FUCKING KILLLER CUnt hhh--" The cold steel flayed through Dan's skin like paper.


"You sure do bleed a lot." Ribbons of blood ran down Dan's pale flesh as she dug the blade beneath his ribcage. She wandered over to her "display". "I think you'll look lovely next to all your friends, huh?" She asked rhetorically. Dan let out a weak gurgle. She couldn't tell if he was lucid, but she liked to imagine he was. "Well, I guess this is goodbye. I promise to do something extra special with your tummy's insides, okay?" The knife split Dan's ribs, cracking the cage upward into two bony arcs. Dan's limp, dying body had acquired a bloody, gruesome, stringy sinew-wrapped set of angel wings. "Oh... You're just perfect..." the whisper barely registered in Dan's ears. He couldn't feel the wood of the cabinet touching his exposed spinal cord. If he had, he assumed it would have been excruciating. As would the nails being driven through his arms and legs, putting him into a permanent angelic pose of exaltation. "One last finishing touch!" Dan's head slumped forward. His face was deathly pale, navy blue eyes cold and vacant. He was long dead from trauma by now. If he were alive, he'd be grateful he was spared the sensation of a crochet hook digging through his guts and splaying out his intestines like streamers at a birthday party. In one, final "fuck you", she took the length of his intestines still attached to his inner organs and draped them downwards in a half-sunburst, as if he were some holy being rising from the earth or descending from the heavens.


She took a step back and admired her handiwork. Three members, all crucified in similar angelic poses, though the other two nowhere near as complex as Dan's. A twinge of regret struck her chest as she saw one vacant space and her gaze shifted to the mangled pile of drying gore that had once called itself a man. She really shouldn't have killed Will. Oh well. Nothing to be done about it now. She had gotten her primary target, that was good enough for her. Delicately, Katie closed the glass door of the display cabinet. Flipping to the first vacant page of her notebook, pen in hand and new vigor in her words, she wrote: I hated him. I killed him. The green-eyed monster had been sated, and things were finally looking up.