- Text Size +

It was just getting into Summer, a part of the year that signified the end to cold winds, harsh weather, but also the beginning of the holidays. That was the part Sarah loved. In fact, today was the very last day of lectures before she could relax for a while. This break she had no assignments to deal with, and had saved up enough money that she could feasibly go without working if she watched her spending. It was free reign for her.

Sarah was an Arts student at the Brobdingnagian National University. It was an institution that represented a central node for all Brobdingnagians across America to come together and study, or work, or even sometimes play. Sarah was a second year and was progressing well. 

The blonde bombshell had ambitions to be a journalist, but that was far in the future. She was a family girl, and fresh from home at age 21 after only two years away. You could say that size politics really wasn't on her radar. She barely thought about it, and truth be told, she had never actually seen somebody from any of the other races. Yes of course she knew about them, and of course on at least one occasion she'd pondered about what they were like - but Sarah had grown up deep in a protected Brobdingnagian territory that was not ever visited by any of the other races.

Today however - things would change.

---

Ken and Chris had gone the wrong way. This was evident. They did not know the area, and we're out of reception. It had been hours since they met with the Education Board for the University, hoping to increase educational ties between the Brobdingnagians and the Microputian National University.

Their flying craft had had a malfunction, and they were forced to make an emergency landing on the pavement of an outdoor breezeway somewhere in the Brobi university.

"God dammit, what the fuck are we gonna do?", cried Ken as both businessmen -not scholars mind you- watched the various dials and indicators on the dashboard of their craft slowly go dim and lose their glow as power ran out. "It's the battery. This is a simple solution, just relax Ken", Chris reassured, "we'll grab the flares, wait for a Brobi to walk by, and explain the situation". Chris sighed in acknowledgement, this was standard protocol after all. "All the Brobi needs to do is move us and the craft carefully into a safe place in the sun, then we'll grab the solar panels out of the back and charge the battery", Chris explained. They had a spare anyway, so even if the main battery was busted, they could simply charge the spare. All would be well.

The duo unlocked the hatch and stepped out of the vehicle. While Chris paced around the craft inspecting for damages during the emergency landing, Ken opened the emergency panel on the outside of the door, and retrieved both the spare battery and the flares. He left the food and water rations in the panel for now, they could grab them when they needed them.

Ken walked back into the craft and placed the battery on the floor, so they wouldn't forget it. He walked outside and sat down on the ground, leaning against the metal hull of the craft. "No damages, looks like it felt like more of a crash than it actually was", remarked Chris. Chris climbed back into the craft and began flicking dials, pulling leavers and pushing buttons to see if he could get any response. Nothing.

A few minutes passed, and both men opened up the electrical board on the front of the craft to see the battery. As they pulled it open, smoke poured out into their faces. They recoiled back, "Jesus Christ, the thing is fried!", Ken coughed as he tried to wave smoke from his face. Chris leaned in once the smoke had plumed out and inspected the circuits. "Looks like we're in luck. The battery went haywire from condensation that somehow breached the hull, but the actual circuitry wasn't damage. Although it very well could have been", Chris remarked after his inspection. Neither men were technicians, but flying craft were like cars to Micros.

Both men sat down and waited, ready to flare for the next Brobi they saw.

---

Sarah watched the clock in her class tick by slower than anything she had ever seen. The wait was insane.

Tick, tock, tick, tock

She swore a few times she saw the second hand start going backwards, however after hours of waiting it was finally over. "Thank god, time to relax", she muttered to herself as she crammed her books into her bag and rushed out the door.

Sarah walked down the stairs and through the atrium, and finally exited the department and headed through the breezeway back toward her dorm.

As she walked through the breezeway, she suddenly stopped as she felt something crunch under her flip flop. Sarah looked down and saw a small red light hovering by her knee. How curious? What is that?

Sarah lent down to get a closer look, still confused by what was going on.

---

BOOM

 

BOOM

 

BOOM

 

Both men heard, and felt the vibrations. They rushed to get up and prepared the flare. They would have one chance, otherwise this was gonna turn into 24 hours of pushing this hunk of metal across to the sunlight.

As they sprinted a small distance toward the noise, they witnessed her. This strange, beautiful blonde giantess, come around the corner. Her movements were swift and unforgiving, which made both men all the more anxious.

Ken immediately fired his flare up into the air, and watched it soar miles into the sky.

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

She wasn't stopping. "She hasn't seen it! We wasted it god dammit!", Ken screamed, and Chris felt his anger almost as much, but he was the more calm of the two.

It was immediately evident that they were right in her path. And without words, both of them sprinted to the side to avoid her feet.

Their eyes scanned up and watched the dirty sole of the flip flop raise high above them, and her yoga pants legs stretch for miles beyond that. As her foot slammed down, there was a horrifying crunching sound. Their craft had been a speck right under her foot, and the twist and contorted metal was flattened under her weight without its shields.

She did however, stop.

Both men watched as her titanic form slowly bent down onto her knees, and inspected the flare that was sailing high above them. Her blue eyes watching the ground right after.

"Ken, get under the flare!", Chris shouted. Both men sprinted right under the flare, hoping to be seen.

It was clear they had caught her attention, as they watched her enormous face lean close in to the ground, her blue eyes thousands of times bigger than them both. They heard her gums part as she smiled with her brilliant white teeth, and felt her hot but minty breath wash over them as she remarked, "HEY THERE LITTLE GUYS!".

---

Sarah could barley make out the two tiny Microputians cowering beneath her. Holy shit, she had never seen them before.

"Hey there little guys", she said as she smiled. She could tell they were frightened of her, they were curiositys that she could really do anything with.

She gazed down to where her foot was and realised what she'd down. She'd marooned these two men. At least she thought they were men, they were too tiny to tell really, but she was pretty sure she could make out collared shirts and short hair.

Sarah lowered her fingernail, and angled it down for each access. "Climb on, I'll carry you back to my dorm so I can get a better look at you".

Within a minute, both men had climbed up onto her fingerprint. Sarah stood up, and watched both men fall onto their backs with her moments. She giggled and brought her face close to her finger. "You know I could have stepped on you guys as well, you have to be careful next time. Also you don't even know me, so you've put all your trust in a stranger .. That's not very wise, guys", Sarah remarked and giggled again, this time sending one of the men tumbling down onto her fingernail, hanging off the edge.

The other tiny began running after his friend. "Don't run, or I'll just smush you little speck in between my fingers", Sarah burst with laughter.

She tilted her finger into the palm of her opposite hand, and carried off toward her dorm with her new prizes, determined to figure them out and how this happened.