- Text Size +

The Big Day
By Supernova

With an agonized groan, Leah turned over through the embrace of her warm down comforters to silence her shrieking alarm clock. Already restless for several hours, the PhD student wiped the fresh crust from her sunken eyes and thrust herself forward out of her twin-sized bed.


Anxiety rushes throughout her thin frame, sending goosebumps over her tan skin, making the hair on the back of her neck stand on-end. As she catches sight of the index cards that litter the top of her desk, she’s reminded of all the studying and work it took to get her to this point. “Today’s the day” she thought, slumping forward into the chair and glancing at some esoteric scrawling about some new method of predicting the structure of protein molecules. Her heartbeat on the rise, Leah picked up another card to remind herself of the potential questions the biochemistry board may raise about her thesis, which she will have to defend in only a few hours.


Nervousness builds in her chest and her brain defaults to thoughts about how much she’s invested into today. She’s neglected her entire social life, not making one friend throughout college, and almost cutting off all contact with her family to prove she could pull off a doctorate in biochemistry on her own. No one in her life other than her dismissive academic advisors knew what an important day this was to her. Leah closed her eyes and sighed, knowing that her defense will be worth it to prove to everyone that her years of solitude paid off. Deep in her heart, she knows her presentation will be masterful and she’ll have an achievement to be proud of: the title of “Doctor” preceding her name. Despite this, intrusive thoughts of failure still infected her mind and burden her with grief.

Barely thinking about the actions she’s performing and working almost entirely on muscle memory, Leah washes her dark brown hair thinking of how she’s going to contact everyone she cut off from her life. Thinking of how she’ll re-introduce herself as “Doctor” in just a few months evokes pleasant feeling as the warm shower water washes over her. Rinsing herself off, she covers her face with her towel and whispers “This’ll be all worth it.”

Muttering complex chemical formulas to herself, Leah walks out the front door of her apartment building while being blasted by cold, winter air. Staring down at the ground, watching the sidewalk squares pass by her feet, she instinctively focuses on the effect that cholesterol has on the quaternary structure of the protein she focused her research on. Almost in a haze, she gets tunnel vision walking down the busy sidewalk towards her university, where she’s slated to be questioned on her major projects. In less than thirty minutes, high-profile scientists she respects will have to pick apart her work for any mistake, looking for any reason to reject her. Gulping at this thought, she accidentally stops in her tracks, tinnitus starting to ring in her head as she reached the middle of the crosswalk with the crowd of pedestrians passing all around her.

“Out of the way!” She hears from behind her.


A bright carnation pink flash fills her field of vision for a split second, like the blink from a camera. Overwhelmed by the wind abruptly flowing over her naked skin coming from all angles, Leah screams in terror as she feels her body flying through what seems like an endless sky. Seeing the buildings rush around her, she grasps for anything, but grabs nothing. The river of heads rushing below her over the busy sidewalks, Leah screams as she feels the sensation of descent overtake her as she begins falling down. Not knowing how or why she was in this situation, she could only cover her breasts and crotch as the wind buffeted her bare skin, making her dark brown hair flutter downwards.


Spinning in descent for what felt like longer than natural for how far up she was thrust, Leah caught sight of a woman below her walking in her direction. Still falling relatively slowly, Leah’s entire body tensed up as the dark-skinned woman continued meandering towards her, becoming hauntingly gigantic with each step. Still dizzy with confusion, Leah belt out another harsh screech as the immense woman’s face became frighteningly huge incredibly fast. Now aware that she was only roughly the size of a grain of salt being puffed through the wind, Leah covered her face as she saw the giant face and head approach more quickly now, the curly black hair bouncing with every step. As the immense face filled up her peripheral vision, she slapped her open palms over her eyes. Her field of vision now completely obscured by her hands, Leah just allowed herself to be blown, hiding the swirling chaos from herself.

“AAIIYYEEEE!” Leah screamed as she felt the back of her body slam full-force into a gooey, vertical wall. Immediately tasting a sharp, salty flavor and smelling rank, hot air, she squirmed and whined as a wave of goo poured over her from the top. Craning her neck upwards, she could only see a tremendous pitch-dark cave with light, crusty hairs lining the inside. Squinting her eyes, Leah screams as she’s blasted with humid wind from above. Now almost crusted into place, she shrieks again as the hairy, humid hole from above sucks upwards with the force of a hurricane, forcing tiny Leah to be dragged vertically up the smooth wall towards the gaping, flaring hole. Gritting her teeth and feeling her tear sucked upwards, she realized where she was as she looked forward and saw the distance-blurry vision of the sidewalk she was so familiar with. She started hyperventilating as she finally comprehended the fact that she was stuck in the glistening snot trail of some random stranger’s runny nose.

Her eyes widen, tears building up above her lower eyelid, she wonders if what she’s experiencing is even possible. With no idea how she ended up in this situation, she couldn’t form constructive enough thoughts to help contextualize her situation within her mind. She spent almost all her energy fighting her fear to get rid of her sheer confusion at her rapidly changing situation.


Looking downwards, she knew it was certain death if she fell, looking upwards, the menacing black hole that blasted her with hot air and mucous wasn’t any more welcoming. She just wept and let the stranger take her where ever it was she was going. As the minutes ticked by, the tiny Leah continued crying harder and harder, knowing that her appointment for her thesis defense was fast approaching. She knew that some of the best people in her field were there specifically to judge her and by not showing up, for any reason, would be humiliating. Now conflicted because she’s worrying about that over the potential for losing her life, she screamed in shock and disgust as another wave of wet mucous from above ran over her sticky body.

“NOOOOO!” She screamed as a blast of wind dragged her upwards again, now forcing her to settle in a small pool of snot at the very bottom of the giant stranger’s nostril. Sinking in the slimy pool of salty mucous, she grasped forward, feeling the immense mound of flesh in front of her. Miniscule dark nose hairs jutted out of the soft surface, looking as thick and sharp as pencils to the shrunken woman. Gripping the inside of the nostril for dear life, Leah now felt her own sweat begin to wash away the dry snot encrusting her forehead. Her heartbeat now so rapid she could hear it in her head, she could do nothing but whimper knowing that even her loudest screams wouldn’t catch the attention of the woman whose nostril she was now riding in.

Peeking out the immense, hairy hole, Leah was trying to comprehend where she was being led to. Alleys were walked down, shortcuts were taken, stairs were climbed down all while each breath assaulted the shrunken woman with a fine mist of snot from above and behind.

Seeing one giant door close after another, Leah felt a sudden stop as a younger girl with a blanket covering her head came into her field of vision. Only illuminated by a laptop screen, the greasy black-haired girl frowned upon the entrance of the immense woman whose nose Leah was now occupying. “Ugh… you again? You’re not my mom, you don’t tell me what to do.” The girl responded dourly before taking a sip of a boxed Yoo-Hoo, scrunched in front of her computer. She licked her lips and crossed her arms. “Plus, you look like you have a cold. Get out of here before you make me sick. Leave me alone.”


As the immense woman began speaking, an explosive, jarring sensation vibrated Leah to her core. The giant woman’s mere speaking voice was incomprehensible to someone the size of a grain of salt, so she could only grip the tiny nose hairs surrounding her. Sliding up and down on the slick, snot-covered hairs, Leah gently rubbed the soft, wet skin below her in a desperate attempt to maintain a grip.


Her heart sank as she felt a sharp, windy jolt from all angles.


Her brain felt like it was being hammered to the side of her head as she was violently

thrust forward. Launched in a tiny spherical ball of snot like she was a cannonball, not even her most fierce screams could overpower the thunderous “ACHOO” that echoed through the entire room. Seeing the tall, thin woman’s body quickly grow small with distance, Leah had only a split second to see where she was going. Her heart leaped with terror as she saw the other girl’s lips part, exposing her dark, slimy mouth. Cords of saliva dangled from the roof of her mouth behind off-white teeth glinting with the laptop’s brightness. A wave of rank humidity washed over the miniscule Leah as she flew straight into the immense cavern, not stopping until her tiny form stopped abruptly with a wet slap.

Crying in despair, Leah was again stuck to a slimy, slick, fleshy surface. This one much slicker than the last, she screamed as she was surrounded in complete darkness as the lips in front of her sealed shut. Dangling on a small mucous-covered piece of flesh, Leah’s mind exploded in frenzied terror as hot saliva rushed over her bare skin. Sliding lower on the titanic uvula, Leah dry heaved as a wave of disgust struck her like she was punched in the gut. Inhaling deeply, she could smell nothing but foul, pungent, unrecognizable mouth odor. The hot slime covered every inch of her skin, her legs smeared together effortlessly and she was too frightened to move her arms out of risk of falling further.

Another vibrating blast erupted from below. The chaotic flesh flapping all around her from the simple act of a stranger speaking jostled Leah’s body around the slithering chamber, forcing her to try to grip whatever surface she found herself stuck to. The heat hugged her naked body on all sides, the sweat and saliva washing off what was left of the first girl’s snot. Kicking her thighs below, Leah screeched as she felt nothing but a tight abyss gently squeeze her legs.

Trying to dig her fingers into the slick walls surrounding her, she could do nothing but thrash as she felt her body gently slide into an impossibly huge, slick, vertically-facing tunnel. Bubbles of saliva form between her toes and thighs, she can taste nothing but the rank, slimy spit, forcing her to dry heave and slide further downward. Kicking her legs and arms, nothing slows her descent. There wasn’t even a swallow, Leah’s body was tiny enough to slip downwards with no effort from the girl that entombed her.

Now mid-way through the esophagus, she kept kicking and squirming against the slithering tube that guided her downwards. Her mind still focused on her important, life-changing appointment, she continued bawling, soaked completely in saliva, trying to ascend up through the hot pipe. The only response is the calm heartbeat of a girl who doesn’t even realize she’s there. A flash of hope bursts through Leah for a fraction of a second as she hears gurgling sounds emanating from above.


Cold chocolate-flavored water floods her nose and mouth suddenly enough to cause a jump of shock. She blows bubbles through the mixture of Yoo-Hoo, mucous, and saliva as she makes her vocal cords sore with the most powerful scream she ever belted in her life. Now shattered with terror, feeling the sharp descent through the soft esophagus, Leah continues leaking tears as a tight, slithering ring glides over her naked body.

Landing with a soft plop in the gut of some stranger, Leah stops screaming out of fear and begins screaming out of pain. Now covered in acrid, acidic vomit, Leah’s eyes, nostrils, vagina, mouth, and anus immediately burn with an intense, fiery agony. Splashing in the mixture of Yoo-Hoo, digesting food, and body fluids, Leah’s chest sinks with anxiety and terror, her brain unable to parse her situation while dealing with the relentless pain. Spitting out sour, burning acid, Leah tries wiping the slick fluid from her eyes, but peels back several layers of skin with the attempt. Unable to sense anything but the disgust of being submerged in puke and the stinging sensation of chemical assault over her body’s every surface, she can do nothing but thrash.


Her mind, almost calming from the sense of confirmed and impending doom,allow

space for her to remember how she’s missing the most important meeting of her life at that very second. Knowing she could be spending her time defending her life’s work, she is sent into panicked spasms. Still thinking in the back of her brain that she might still be able to escape and live her life like everything is normal, she frantically waves her arms, hoping to land on something substantial. Splashing into the thick slop with all of her might, Leah lets out a coughing scream as her flesh sloughs off her dissolving arms. She shakes uncontrollably as her toes and feet begin to feel numb. Unable to even sense movement below her ankles, she runs her fingers through her soaked hair. Squealing in pain as she feels her hand take away a clump of soaked, slimy hair, she grabs it as hard as she can in her burning hand and throws it into the churning darkness. Screaming in frustration and fear, she feels patches of skin become completely numb as they’re washed away in the electrifyingly agonizing ocean of some stranger’s stomach contents.

Her ears hearing nothing but the constant wet slapping and groaning of a stranger’s stomach, she barely recognizes when another stream of cold Yoo-Hoo comes splashing down from the ring above, forcing her salt grain-sized body to slide up on a folded mound of stomach wall. Now completely numb, she can only wheeze through pained breaths of humid, vomit-infused air and lift her right hand. The last thing she’s able to feel through her fingers are her own intestines dissolving into nothingness as wave after wave of acidic puke laps away at her lower half.


“I can still make it…” She whispers, heaving up a stomachful of the giant stranger’s vomit. She coughs up her own blood, her tongue too burned to taste it. Leah grips and grabs at the mucous membrane below her, listening to it squelch beneath her as another torrent of Yoo-Hoo splutters from the tight ring ahead, raising the vomit to be just below her chin. “I… I can do it…” Her chin quivers as she begins sinking one last time into the ocean of thick, digesting slurry. Using her last moments of consciousness to try to instinctively find the surface, she tries to raise her one working arm above the surface, but that causes her to slip deeper along the stranger’s stomach wall, resulting in her to gliding helplessly along the gooey floor. Bright flashes fill her field of vision despite being completely blinded minutes ago, her last thoughts before being overcome in blackness.


***

Leah’s corpse almost completely dissolves in the coming hours, the stranger completely obliterating what was left of the tiny woman as she simply remained hunched over her laptop on her bed, completely unaware of what was going on inside her body. Hearing a groan come from her stomach, the stranger sighed as she had to click “Next” on the Netflix prompt that paused the show to check if she was still watching. She clicked the annoying button, curled into a ball, and let one show after another play as she drifted to sleep.

The next day, the girl stood up with an agonized groan and yawned. Relieved that she didn’t have to do anything that day, like every day, she stretched up tall and scratched her crotch. Rubbing her slightly chubby belly, she stepped over her piles of dirty clothes laying throughout the room and dragged her feet into her bathroom. Looking into the mirror, she picked the loose boogers hanging from her nose, hoping her housemate didn’t make her sick. Suddenly feeling a familiar sensation at her backside, she pulled her crusty pajama pants down to her ankles and plopped her ass down on the toilet seat.


She kicked the door from fully open to slightly ajar as the thick brown log slid against the inside of her asshole. The sense of emptiness and relief sent a pleasurable jolt through her as she unfurled a few squares of toilet paper and wiped herself clean, reaching through her spread thighs above the toilet water. Dropping down into the yellow water was all that was left of Leah: the crushed clod of black hair she threw in frustration, now being flushed away down a stranger’s toilet.