- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my experiment with a more conversational, journal style writing.

Chapter 1

Arrival

Present Day: July 23, 2021…

 

          Hello, I am Stephen Morgenson, the smallest living man in the world today.  Believe it or not I was not always the miniscule height of merely 9”, I was once normal like anyone else, standing 5’10” about average for a college sophomore.  However, when I tell this fact of my reality to anyone they typically laugh in my face as I stand in the palm of their hand.

          Let me tell you a little about myself.  I consider myself a pretty stylish guy for someone who simply goes through his dresser and throws on whatever he grabs first, gotta admit, when you look good, you look half-decent.  I prefer to comb my dirty-blonde hair crosswise across my head from left to right, and you will never catch me outside my dorm without my signature pair of beat up Grey Converse.  If you can’t tell, I have a very sarcastic sense of humor.

          Regardless, none of this actually matters in the scheme of what all happened to me.  So, I guess now we will start from the beginning of the evening in which my reality inexplicably changed.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Evening of December 9, 2017…

 

          As I rode in the backseat of Kayla’s silver Pontiac Grand Am I couldn’t help but think of how much fun I was going to have at the drumline party tonight.  I had managed to get a DD from the captain of the cymbal line, Kayla, who I just so happened to have a massive crush on, although she had already confided to me before that she was not into younger men.  You see, Kayla was about to finish her first senior semester of college but man she was a knockout, with an amazing personality to boot. 

She stands at about 5’9” with an athletic build, the ideal body style for what I like in a woman; I just find it sexier when a woman is taller than me when she wears heels, personal preference of course.  She has long, straight golden-blonde hair that hangs down passed her shoulders paired with one of the cutest round faces I’ve ever seen.  Her mouth is in such a way that she has the slightest overbite in her upper jaw just enough to make her smile unique and beautiful.  She also has joyful brown eyes below thin curved eyebrows.

The best part is Kayla has an identical twin sister named Rhonda who was also on cymbal line and she just so happened to be riding in the passenger’s seat.  The only way you can tell the two apart is the face.  Rhonda has a more pointed chin and straighter dental than Kayla.  Rhonda is also taken, so Kayla is the only option for me between the twins.

Also in the backseat on the driver’s side was the twins’ bubbly younger sister Elaina, who was also a sophomore, who had signed up as a sober monitor tonight.  Elaina was not too bad looking either, she is above average height at 6’2” sporting a more muscular build.  She is very beautiful with olive tanned skin and a face similar to Rhonda.  She had Auburn hair which hung down to her shoulders, but was currently tied up in a loose bun.

          Finally, in the back middle seat was Rhonda’s sorority little, Mary.  Mary is very petite standing 5’ even with a very thin build.  I had considered having a fling with Mary until one of my fraternity brothers gave me the info that she is bat shit crazy and insanely controlling, always looking to wear the pants in the relationship.  Damn, she is cute though.  She is of Puerto Rican descent and has gorgeous tanned skin and a nice smile with a pointed chin.  Mary is one for style as well, never going to school without the latest hairstyle, but tonight she simply had her shoulder-length bobbed black hair in its natural flow.

          We were all five crammed into the tiny coupe as Kayla drove us off-campus to Conner’s house for the party.  I was very excited to not be forced into volunteering to DD for this one so I pregamed in my room beforehand and was feeling a slight buzz.  We conversed and joked as we rode along the road.

          “I can’t wait until we get there,” Rhonda proclaimed excitedly, “after the last week of classes I really need to kick back a little bit.”

          “Yeah, I feel you on that,” I responded, “the semester has definitely been stressful.”

          Classes had just let out the day before and finals began on Monday.  I was really ready to just take a load off and relieve some stress, and there is nothing better to do that with than good friends and a little booze, or as I dubbed it “social butter”.

          “I just hope none of you go to crazy this time around,” Elaina said.  She did not do a good job of hiding the fact that the previous statement was directed at me and me alone.  I had a tendency to get wild.  “We don’t need anyone getting carried home again.”

          “You know me,” I playfully accepted the scold.

          “Yes I do,” Elaina retorted glaring at me.  I knew that she cared deeply for my well-being.

          “Stephen, at least promise you won’t do any stupid shit this time around,” Kayla said pleaded to me finding my gaze in the rear view.

          “I promise,” I chuckled a response.

          Kayla let out a playfully-irritated sigh at my sarcasm.

          We arrived in front of Conner’s house and parked the car in the front lot.  I got out and held the door open for Mary.

          “Thank you,” she said cheerfully.

          “Yes m’lady,” I said with a playful bow as I shut the door behind her.

          I could hear the bass radiating from inside the house.  It was going to be a fun night.  Rhonda led the group to the front door, knocked three times, and then just opened it, allowing our entire carload to barge into the house.

          “The party has arrived,” I shouted enthusiastically as I entered with shouts of greeting from a few of my fraternity brothers chilling on the couches in the front room.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Guess who's back!  I am experimenting with a new conversational, journal style writing for this one.  Let me know your thoughts.