- Text Size +

“My fellow Americans, today I address you all in one of the darkest moments of our great country’s history. Regrettably, we must now try and make sense of the unimaginable, horrific incident that has decimated New York City. I hope you all understand that my words will be unable to provide the proper context for what has happened, for I’m afraid such a thing does not exist. What happened today is indescribable, and inconceivable. Today, a madness over Manhattan has robbed the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent, hardworking Americans, and forever changed the course of human history.

I know we all have many unanswered questions. Who this woman was, how she grew to such unbelievable proportions, and why we took the terrible action we ultimately were forced to take. And while we all await the answers, and face the unimaginable grief coming in the weeks and months to follow, I want you all to know this with absolute certainty – the threat in New York City has been eliminated by the brave men and women of the United States military, and our actions were absolutely necessary to protect the rest of the country from this nightmarish threat.

I assure you, this decision was not an easy one. The amount of innocent lives lost is unacceptable, and I will need to live with that fact bearing down on me for the rest of my life. However, I fully believe that had we not taken this action, other cities would have suffered the same horrific fate as Manhattan, and that was something I refused to accept. Let it be known that every man, woman and child that perished today will forever be remembered as heroes. This tragedy will never be forgotten, and now begins the time where we must all band together as a single nation, and move forward.

I will provide more information once available, as we all try and make sense of this seemingly impossible event. Know that you and your family are now safe, and the responsible party will be found and made to answer for their unforgivable crimes against humanity. Thank you, and God Bless America.”

“We’re clear!” a voice rang out, as a green LED light affixed to the camera pointed at the president’s desk faded to red.

The president closed his eyes and exhaled loudly. “John,” he said flatly, his soothing, measured tone used to address the nation replaced with a sharper urgency that unveiled the stress he attempted to hide on camera. “Have we found him yet?”

“Not yet, Mr. President,” the secretary of defense replied, standing and removing his hat in a gesture of respect. “However we’ve all but confirmed he’s escaped the country, in a private aircraft. I also have multiple agencies reporting he’s already landed in Beijing.”

“Christ,” the president said, slamming a fist onto his desk covered in folders and files all plastered with red CLASSIFIED stickers. The one closest to him was titled Hormone-Emotion Control Therapy: Lab Trial #182 and beneath that was the name Dr. Raymond Caroll. The president took a deep breath before continuing, “Alright, John. You have every possible channel at your disposal – diplomatic, military, and covert ops. Even the ones off the books. Find him, and bring him back… alive. Is that understood?”

The secretary of defense nodded, thinking how he’d much rather kill Caroll with his bare hands, yet also understanding the importance of securing the rogue scientist. The thought of Caroll not only producing more of his growth formula, but selling it to the highest bidder, filled John with murderous rage. Not only was Caroll an egotistical maniac, but a traitor as well. And as far as John Ericson was concerned, the deepest, darkest circle of hell was reserved for those guilty of treason.

“Good,” the president replied. “Status report on the replication?”

“Synthesis of our own HECT formula is progressing as expected. Current testing shows a 72% match in quantitative results between our findings and Caroll’s shown in test one hundred and eighty two.”

“Do they have a timeline for human testing?”

“At least a few weeks away, if not months.”

The president looked to a television behind John, a paused news channel with the headline “GIANT NAKED WOMAN TERRORIZES NYC – THOUSANDS DEAD” frozen across the bottom. On the screen was Tasha, hundreds of feet tall and smiling directly into the camera aimed at her. She was pressing her large breasts together with her hands flared emphatically, while squatting into a high-rise building as it crumbled horrifically around her round butt. He swallowed slowly.

“I…I need a fucking drink.”