- Text Size +

“Tasha, you’re late… again.”

Tasha walked behind the bar, adjusting her push up bra under her tight top. “I know… I’m sorry Kate. It won’t happen again.

Kate rolled her eyes, “Yeah sure. I have to go, I’m already late for my date. And remember it’s just you tonight, Amber is leaving early too, so you’ll have to close up.”

“Ok.”

Tasha had been working at the bar Jugs for a couple years now. When it opened, it was the hottest bar in downtown Manhattan. Their drinks weren’t cheap, but the busty bartenders in their revealing clothing made most patrons forget to even notice the prices. But the sheen eventually wore off. The establishment got into some legal troubles with hiring practices and sexual harassment lawsuits, and quickly became known as a place for police sting operations. Business had really slowed down over the past few months, but Tasha actually preferred it that way. The tips were still very generous, and less people meant more regulars, and less creepers.

Tasha pulled out her small makeup mirror, and double checked her face. She was a gorgeous girl in her early twenties - her long, straight blonde hair went down past her impressively large chest, and she kept her body lean and tight by going to the gym daily. She touched up the makeup around her right eye.

“There’s my favorite bartender in the city.”  A voice rang out.

Tasha smiled and snapped her mirror shut. “Hey Steve, how’s it going?” Steve was the brother of her boyfriend Don, although the thought had crossed her mind she was with the wrong brother on more than one occasion.

“Oh not too shabby. Just finished a ten hour shift, so thought I’d stop in here to see you before I went home. Could I grab a beer?”

“Absolutely!” Tasha smiled, grabbing an empty pint glass and putting it under the tap at the bar. Steve was a paramedic, worked long hours, and was always busy. It was a stressful job, but he had always loved helping people, and there was never a shortage of injured people in New York City.

“Thanks.” Steve took the glass and drank half of it in three large gulps. “Ahhhh, much better.” He smiled at Tasha, though his brow furrowed when he looked closer at her right eye. “What happened there?”

Tasha dropped her eyes to the ground, and turned her face away slightly. “Where?”

“Tasha… did he do that?”

Steve knew his brother was a jackass, and he’d hit Tasha before. Steve actually tried talking Tasha into leaving Don on several occasions, but for some reason she always went back to him.

“Did who do what?”

Steve just stared at Tasha until she met his gaze.

“Don didn’t do anything. I just fell. Mind your own business Steve.”

Steve just nodded, and continued drinking his beer.

“Hey Ray,” Tasha sang, turning to the new customer walking through the door - another of her regulars. “What can I get you?”

“Whiskey. Bottle…” the man croaked.

“Oh…OK. Rough day at the office?” Tasha grabbed a bottle of whisky and a glass – normally she wouldn’t just hand over a bottle, but Ray had been coming in since Tasha’s first shift, and he was a huge tipper – she knew she could trust him.

Raymond just nodded, snuck a quick glimpse of Tasha’s generous cleavage, and dropped a $100 bill on the bar. He then grabbed the bottle, left the glass, and went and sat at an empty booth.

Steve finished his beer and got up, holding out a $20. When Tasha went to grab it, he rubbed his fingers over her hand. “If you need somewhere to stay, you know my place is always available.”

Tasha took the money and pulled her hand back, “I’m fine. Thanks for the tip.”

Steve just nodded and slowly headed towards the door. “Do you want me to come back and walk you home after your shift is over?”

Tasha shook her head, and bit her lip to keep it from quivering. “No. I’ll be fine. I’m a big girl.”

“Right. I know.” Steve gave another nod, leaving.

Tasha took a deep breath, and turned around to compose herself. Deep down, she knew Steve was madly in love with her, and was just trying to protect her. And part of her wanted to run away with him and forget everything in her sad life. Even though she looked like she could be a famous runway model - or perhaps with her proportions, more likely a famous pornstar – she had always been a meek, unconfident little girl, living in a woman’s body. She always seemed to find herself in an abusive relationship, belittled to the point where she felt worthless beyond redemption.

It wasn’t always that way with Don – in fact, she even thought he was the one when they first started dating. He treated her like a queen, and made her feel like a human being, which is all she ever wanted. But as time passed, and the relationship needed more than just great sex to survive, it deteriorated like every other relation in her life. It started with Don accusing her of fucking the guys who only came to the bar to stare at her half covered tits, and tipped her just to get into her panties. Somehow these arguments always ended with Tasha begging for forgiveness even though she had never done the things she was accused of, and quickly devolved into physical abuse.

Tasha shook her head, and put on the best fake smile she could muster. She had to think that better times were coming, to keep from crying. Honestly, she felt like things couldn’t get any worse.