- Text Size +

John Ericson wasn’t dumb. When he was offered the position as Secretary of Defense, he knew it wouldn’t be an easy gig. The President had cracked a few jokes at the time and eased the majority of his concerns, but he always knew being the principal military advisor for the most powerful nation on the planet would mean years of anxiety, stress, and very little sleep. Of course, he always imagined it’d be thanks to some war or military skirmish in the Middle East, not the rampage of a giant, naked woman.  

“This… this can’t be happening…” whispered a mouse-faced woman standing behind John, her hands covering her mouth. Both stared at the screen in front of them, which showed the futility of their soldiers firing up at the towering giantess as she turned around, unconsciously crushing dozens of men and women beneath her feet.

“FEE…FI…FO…FUM… BETTER WATCH OUT FOR MY BIG BUM!” the giant woman bellowed in her deep, commanding voice.

The mouse-faced woman turned away as Tasha sat on the remaining troops, crushing them ease. John couldn’t look away, even though he wanted to. He watched the shadow of the titaness envelop the horrified soldiers before they were depressed into nothingness. He watched the windows of the surrounding buildings shatter and shake as her immense weight collided with the solid earth. And he watched her push the godforsaken sole-survivor into the crack of her ass, all with a devious grin on her gorgeous face.

“THAT’S IT!” an older general with a snow-white beard shouted, slamming his hands on his desk as he jumped to his feet. “Enough of this olive branch bullshit. We need real firepower if we’re gonna stop this big bitch.”

“General Stevens…” John said.

“We tried it your way, John! There’s no reasoning with this… this freak! She’s going to kill everyone in that god damn city…”

“Sit down, General…”

“…WE HAVE AN ENTIRE COUNTRY TO PROTECT, GOD DAMNIT! WE HAVE A DUTY…”

“YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW THAT?” John screamed back, clenching his fists. He stood perfectly still. He knew if he were any closer, he’d break his subordinate’s jaw in a primal attempt to vent the frustration building inside him.

A door banged open.

“Sir!” A young spectacled man burst into the room with a handful of papers. Gulping for air, he wiped his forehead with the back of his sleeved arm. “I… I think I’ve found something.”

“Good, doctor,” John breathed, pulling his fingernails out the palms of his hands. “Show us.”

The doctor slammed the papers down on a nearby desk, and spread them out clumsily. John, the bearded general, and as many could fit crowded behind him, eyeing the documents.

“What I have here are copies of Dr. Raymond Caroll’s most recent denied clinical proposals. HEC-T trials one-sixty-nine through one-eighty-one. Now, I’ve been analyzing not only the results of each individual trial, but the recurring flaws and glitches that kept resulting in each iteration’s failure. The most recent trial, number one-eight-two, was essentially the same compound after all, just altered slightly from previous attempts…”

“Doctor…” John urged grimly, “time is of the essence.”

“Right,” the young man said, shaking his head. “From my preliminary analysis, it appears the most effective method of nullifying the growth agent is radiation.”

“Radiation?” the bearded general echoed.

“That’s right,” the doctor continued. “In more than a few trials, Dr. Caroll reported the same findings… ah, here it is…‘Animal testing has proven unsuccessful - inability to trigger required emotions the obvious culprit. 97% of HEC-T 181 has resulted in aggressive, exponential growth with no indication of natural cessation. Intense, concentrated radiation still successful in not only halting cell growth, but destroying newly grown cells as well. Level of radiation required for complete remission appears dependant on the current size of the patient. Poison gas failsafe still in place, but seemingly unnecessary. Human testing is paramount to properly analyzing the drug’s intended effects.’”

The crowd of men and women looked around at each other, some mumbling under their breaths, while others shook their heads back and forth vehemently.

John read the passage again himself before asking, “What’s this part mean. About the level of radiation depending on the size of the… the patient?”

“Essentially,” the doctor said, grabbing two pieces of paper on opposite sides of the table and bringing them together, “the bigger she gets, the more radiation it will take to neutralize the HEC-T. In this trial, number one-sixty-nine, a lab rat grew to the size of a small housecat, approximately a 400% increase in overall mass. The level of radiation required to shrink it back down was relatively minor, about the same as an ordinary microwave oven. But in this trial, number one-seventy-seven, a rat grew to the size of a horse. Approximately a 3,000% increase in overall mass, and the level of radiation needed was about the same as a linear accelerator, used to kill cancer cells.”

“Let me guess…” John said, rubbing his temples in a futile attempt to dismiss the pounding headache he’d been enduring all morning, “the only way to get enough radiation near that giant cunt is with a nuke?”

“W…well…” the doctor stammered, “Estimations have her current height around five-hundred-and-fifty feet. Assuming she was around five feet tall before… before…” the young doctor lost his track of thought as he glimpsed the newsfeed on the large TV, showing the beautiful, busty woman stomping through a busy intersection. “… before she grew… it means she’s undergone approximately… an 11,000% increase in overall mass.”

“Jesus Christ…” the bearded general breathed as he covered his mouth, along with a few others.

“My god…” John said, hanging his head. “Mass evacuation’s barely even been started. There’s millions of civilians down there… women, children… are we really about to drop a nuclear weapon on the largest city in America?”

“S…sir?” the doctor reluctantly said, “A…according to my calculations, if she gets much bigger than she already is… I don’t think one bomb is going to be enough.”