- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here is the final chapter of Power corrupts!
The showdown between Siren and Lizzy!

Dark clouds packed together and low rumbles became more intense gradually in the sky when two insanely powerful females were about to clash with each other.

Ha! A thunderstorm? Just the right scenery for this showdown. Lizzy thought.

"I can beat you," Lizzy said after she and Siren had a stare down for nearly 30 seconds.

"And I can fuck you," Siren replied dryly.

"What is it with you and your sordid talk all the time?!"

Siren chuckled. "You like it? You will hear it every minute, every second, day in day out when I make you mine."

Lizzy cocked her head to the side as she looked at her adversary.

"I'm serious here, Lizzy. My main goal is to turn you into my sex slave, that's it." Siren took a step forward. Lizzy put her hands up, poised to react to any form of attack. Siren took another step and smiled. Her boots decimated acres upon acres of shrunken property and life.

"So, you're gonna get on your knees willingly or do I have to ruin that pretty face again?" Siren continued her pace.

Lizzy took a step backward now. "Stay away from me!"

"Why don't you make me? You were able to beat me is what you said, didn't you?"

Lizzy screeched and lunged forward, ready to take out this filthy sex predator. Unlike last time, Lizzy placed a few good hits on Siren – which secretly surprised her. After her latest whooping, Lizzy was still a bit anxious to take on someone like Siren. Lizzy had seen the woman's phenomenal power.

"Good! That's good, Liz!" Siren praised while evading Lizzy's spree of punches. It seemed like Siren had a hard time doing so. She jumped and blasted off into the air. Lizzy followed. Injected with a spate of confidence, Lizzy turned up the heat and accelerated even more – overtaking her adversary.

I can beat her! Lizzy spoke courage to herself.

She landed a hard punch on Siren's back, causing her to tumble through the air. As both girls traveled with hypersonic speed, it did not take long before they reached territory that was normal-sized still.

Siren's body crashed through several buildings before grazing to a stop on a busy intersection.

Getting her bearing, Siren shook her head while sitting on the road – legs astride – in front of a honking lorry and looked up. She brought her hand up to shade her eyes against the harsh sun. Floating next to the raging ball of fire in the sky was a silhouette. Another flashing dot popped up in the sky, becoming bigger and brighter than the sun itself even. It inflated rapidly – filling her entire purview in a fraction of a second.

"Oh, boy," Siren wrapped her arm over her eyes.

Satisfied with the atomic-like magnitude of her blast, Lizzy lowered her hand and waited for the residues of her attack to clear up. The city was completely wiped out – except for the small part of an airfield on the far side. Two stripes of a runway jutted out above a vast, brown crater-like two final hair strands on a balding head. Lizzy tried to localize her opponent.

"I'm here," Lizzy leaped up, startled when Siren's voice whispered in her ear.

"H-how did you… you're unscathed?!"

"Am I?" Siren said with an over-the-top theatrical voice while scrutinizing her clothing for signs of tears and ladders in her tights. "Darn it, you're right. I look absolutely flawless, do I? That's not to say for those poor innocent souls in that city down below."

"You were playing with me," Lizzy said.

Siren rolled her eyes. "Jeez, you think? You still don't get it, do you? Only by submitting yourself to the amulet completely will you be able to stand a chance against my might."

Lizzy scoffed. "I do not like to submit myself to anybody."

"Then face my wrath." Siren blasted forward.

Before Lizzy's face was even able to conjure a look of surprise, Siren's fists were already all over her – pummeling her like a punching bag. Everything went so fast. Siren's punches and kicks were more brutal and faster, and fiercer than last time. The woman wasn't playing anymore.

She's going to kill me!

Lizzy tried to fly away, but someone blocked her path.

"Aaargh!!!" Siren screamed while landing a strong haymaker on Lizzy's left cheek – capable of splitting asteroids in two.

Siren's punch was not able to break anything while clenching against Lizzy's face, though. Lizzy was too superpowered for that. It was able to hurt her, though. A lot. The world spun violently before Lizzy's eyes as her body hurled through the air, completely disorientated. What direction was she going? Up? Down? Perhaps in a straight and endless line around the globe, doomed to orbit planet earth for all eternity?

CRASH!

And another, CRASH!

Sounds of people screaming.

Several more crashes followed. Lizzy lost count after the fifth. Then it became dark when the final crash seemed to crack on forever. Lizzy came to a stop. She peeled her eyes open.

Down it was. Lizzy concluded after taking stock of her surroundings.

Siren's punch had grind her body nearly 200 feet deep into the ground. It was pitch dark all around her, except for a small crack of daylight peeking in at the end of a tunnel above her. Beyond it, Lizzy saw the contours of her own body neatly carved out in the walls of several buildings.

As Lizzy spat out a foul taste of dirt, the tunnel was being blocked. A dark silhouette hovered in front of it.

Blasted woman. I can't beat her like this.

Lizzy grabbed the amulet.

Why aren't you glowing anymore?

Siren kept steering her to the amulet, kept saying that she needed its powers. As far as Lizzy knows, she already drained its powers – chugged it entirely like a fresh cold glass of sweet juice. There has to be more, though. Lizzy felt it. But how to access it?

Closing her eyes, Lizzy concentrated. While clenching the amulet tightly in her fist, she visualized that a grand flood gate was opening up, engulfing her with an infinite amount of power. But nothing happened. Lizzy screamed with frustration. This power to defeat Siren and to rule the world was so close yet so inaccessible.

Looking up, Lizzy saw Siren soaring there still at the end of the tunnel, patiently.

Why isn't that woman finishing me off?

Submit yourself… is what Siren kept saying. Lizzy gave it another go.

She closed her eyes and visualized that the amulet was fusing with her, absorbing her entire being, including the person named Lizzy.

Lizzy's eyes shot open and she screamed. A screech so shrill and intense that one might think it to be capable of tearing the universe open like a curtain to see what lay beyond.

"It hurts!" the amulet burned severely in Lizzy's hand. "Yet still, I want more!"

The pain intensified tenfold. Lizzy felt herself changing. She became stronger, more powerful and more beautiful beyond comprehension. She rose and rose, out of the dirt, soaring above the city – eye to eye with her adversary, Siren.

The vixen looked satisfied. "Let me see your hand, Lizzy."

Lizzy showed the hand holding the amulet. It was blistering red.

Lizzy's eyes shifted toward Siren's burn mark in the middle of her chest slightly below the collar bones.

"It happened to you too," Lizzy stated more like a fact than a question.

Siren's hand caressed her own red spot. "I wanted to go all the way, but I couldn't. You can, though. But you haven't, even though you think you have."

"What do you mean?" Lizzy asked, frowning.

"You can beat me now. You can feel it, don't you?"

Lizzy nodded with full self-assurance. Just like her adversary, Lizzy just knew she was the more powerful one at the moment. A fight wasn't necessary to clear that question up.

"You cannot destroy me, though. You're still listening to the name Lizzy."

Lizzy closed her eyes and listened. To her inner being. There was still a significant pool of power left. It started to sink into Lizzy that she kept it at bay – for the preservation of her person. If she wanted to have it all, she had to give all. The amulet started burning again, but it did not hurt this time. Every swig of power took away sections of her person – of her own history and humanity. As the amulet blew to smithereens, Lizzy knew that her ascension was complete.

She eyed Siren, who gawked at her with a mixture of awe, fear and desire. Lizzy looked divinely beautiful now. It was pretty logical that every being on the planet wanted nothing less than to worship her – even someone like Siren.

But that wasn't Siren's desire, though. Siren came closer, grabbed Lizzy's hand and placed it on her own heart.

"Please, Goddess. End my suffering, for I was not able to end it myself." Siren said as she looked pleadingly in Lizzy's eyes.

Lizzy gave a wry smile before erasing Siren out of existence. Just before Siren's face vanished, she gave Lizzy a thankful smile.

From that moment on, the 27th of September became a globally known celebration day. The day of Lizzy's ascension to Goddesshood. The girl Lizzy was no more. Only Goddess… in the form of a divinely beautiful raven-haired girl – looking down upon us all from the skies. And while living there – on this dirtball called Earth – one could only hope that her omniscient, mischievous eyes were zeroed in on anyone but you.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!