- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As Emily's sidekick, Christi is pursuing a call for aid coming from a city.

+++

Soaring through the sky, Christi beamed broadly, gave a wink to the handsome pilot, and blasted off – leaving the squadron of fighter jets behind like they were stationary dots on the horizon.

As she fooled around with the local airforce, Christi's supersenses picked up a situation on the far side of the region.

While Emily enjoyed a relaxation day in a luxurious spa and wellness center Christi was assigned to patrol duty. It was her responsibility to deal with possible calamities occurring throughout the country. These last few days were quite dull, though, with only minor incidents happening like – preventing a train crash and fishing up some lost sailors from a piece of driftwood after their ship was caught by a tempest.

The signal Christi pursued at the moment promised to be something more challenging – at least, she hoped. Accelerating multiple times faster than the speed of sound Christi soared her way through the sky – dissipating packs of clouds while piercing through them. A flock of geese – flapping their way to warmer regions – honked frantically when Christi swooshed straight through their formation, swirling them every which way.

"Sorry!" Christi called out over her shoulder.

She became serious again when her superhearing perceived a great pandemonium far down below. From this height, Christi was able to observe the landscape down below like watching a map. She saw a relatively large city dotted near the intersection of two winding blue rivers. Various plumes of black smoke curled upwards – obscuring parts of the city. Screeches of panic rose up – vibrating the fear and agony of the ones who produced them.

Soaring above the city's skyline, Christi gaped at the wrecked scenery down below – where hundreds of people teemed about to find safety for whatever it was they were running from. Christi located a man whose body was halfway buried under a pile of rubble. A woman and a child tried to pry him loose but to no avail.

Christi swooshed down and used her super strength to lift the pile of concrete up. The woman gave her an appreciative glance before helping her husband up – whose left leg was completely shattered. As Christi watched the family limping away, she looked around to see who was responsible for all this wreckage.

"Demon! It's the demon!"

Christi looked to the side when she saw a man seemingly pointing his finger at her while screeching in panic.

Demon? That's what people used to call–

SMACK!!!

Christi's body hurled through the sky as she was hit by a powerful blow in the face. She crashed through various bricked walls before comingto a sudden stop when her face smashed hard against some impregnable object – halting her flight.

Peeling her eyes open, Christi peeked through a handful of fingers, clasping her face and was greeted by Lizzy's sardonic grin peeking through them

"Even you should recognize the irony in saving people after all you did." Lizzy spat and clenched her fingers harder, pressing them into Christi's face.

Lizzy chuckled boisterously as Christi's mouth produced muffled groans while her lips were stuffed under the former's hand. Christi's arms flailed helplessly as they pried with all their might to break loose from Lizzy's iron-like grip.

She's so strong! Christi thought with despair.

"Tell me," Lizzy started. "does my sister actually thinks that sending in the second violin is enough to deal with me, or is she just afraid?

"What did you say? Sorry, don't understand. It seems like something is obstructing your mouth. Perhaps I should give you some SPACE!" Lizzy's said while simultaneously smacking her fist into Christi's stomach.

Gasping for air, Christi made an arched trajectory through the air before she was finally able to cease her flight in midair. She looked to the side when a whooping sound reached her ears. A squadron of attack helicopters approached. One pilot looked her way and shouted something. A thing which would be impossible to hear for normal people, but not for Christi.

"Get Infinity girl! We'll hold her off!" he called out.

"Noooo! Go away, now!" Christi screamed back. Her eyes blinked as she saw the whole squadron dwindling down in size rapidly – until they were roughly the size of a bluebottle fly.

"You're not going to save anyone today, Christi." Lizzy called out while standing on the ground. "I've also just finished off that limping man you've helped earlier - including his wife and daughter."

"Noooo!" Christi screamed.

Curling her index finger with an evil smile, Lizzy starts to flick her finger in midair – multiple times. As a result, one shrunken helicopter after the other exploded.

"Why you're so mean!" Christi said.

Lizzy rose up in the air, leveling Christi – while all the while, her indestructible body endured the rain of a thousand bullets. Fired at her by a small group of militia in the streets below.

Lizzy merely ignored it.

"I can be even meaner, you know. Wanna see?" Lizzy's eyes lit up brightly, blinding even superpowered Christi.

Christi screamed out in agony as it felt like her whole body was immersed in a sea of flames.

"Make it stop! Pleeeease!" Christi screamed out.

Lizzy only laughed. Her eyes lit up brighter as she turned up the heat even more. "Call her. Scream for her, you pitiful lackey."

“GOD! THIS IS– AAAARGH! EEEEEEEM! HEEEELP!”

*BLINK*

"And, there she is." Lizzy looked at her sister, who materialized in midair next to Christi. Emily looked at Christi with concern and placed a hand on her back. The moment she did, Christi felt the burning sensation in her body cooling off.

Lizzy frowned, irritated, and intensified the burning influence on Christi even more. It made no difference. Emily's influence was clearly stronger than Lizzy's.

No worries. Lizzy thought. I will still beat her. She watched with longing eyes at the amulet hanging around Emily's neck.

"Thanks." Christi heaved as she looked grateful to Emily, who smiled back at her.

Emily became serious again when her gaze shifted toward Lizzy. The first thing she noticed was that Lizzy looked significantly more beautiful than before – even more appealing than when she was at the height of her power. And, she radiated power – A LOT of power. Still, though, Emily was the one holding the amulet, and she had also ascended to a dramatically high level of power.

As Emily's eyes traveled along Lizzy's magnificent body – with her unending long legs, athletic abdomen and busty rack – her gaze came to a stop at the latter's green eyes. Lizzy met her gaze and looked at Emily with a confident swagger – almost bored, despite the fact that she was about to clench hard with a most formidable adversary.

While watching these two powerhouses assess each other, Christi quickly became apparent that her presence here was superfluous. She was powerless against Lizzy's might. Her effort in the upcoming fight would add nothing more than an annoyance to these clenching Goddesses as she buzzed around like a pesky mosquito. Perhaps it was best for her to just lay low for now.

As her eyes shifted between Lizzy and Emily, she hesitantly started speaking. "I think I'm going to–"

"Yes, screw off," Lizzy said without averting her eyes from Emily and unleashed a blast from her hand – aimed at Christi’s abdomen. Christi groaned as her body was relaunched through the air. Crashing through an already wrecked storehouse, Christi staggered back on her feet and squinted – shading her eyes with her hand while watching the sky.

And they're off. Christi saw both sisters engaging each other – entangled into a swirling and screeching catfight. Their intertwined bodies shot from side to side through the sky as both girls dealt out massive blows – back and forth. Every strike was felt on the ground – as the aftermath of its force blasted outwards, reaching for many miles.

Christi realized that the outcome of this fight would decide the fate of the planet – for the winner would be its unquestionable ruler. Whatever the outcome, humanity will be compelled to adapt to the fact that their planet will fall under the reign of a bratty girl – a bratty girl with unspeakable powers.

A thought came to Christi's mind about what she would do should Lizzy come out as the winner. She frankly did not know. She changed alliances before, but Emily showed her the way. It felt better to spread good into the world than to spray chaos and destruction everywhere – however, delighted that was to Christi.

Christi's eyes followed the fight into the air where she saw Lizzy pummeling Emily – who had her arms crossed in front of her face defensively. Lizzy screamed out loud and swung a haymaker – breaking through Emily's defense and landing on her face.

Christi gasped as she saw Emily's body hurled through the sky – splashing hard into the river two miles ahead.

Christi lifted off – went airborne – in an attempt to have a better view. She waited patiently to see if Emily would emerge out of the water. It remained awfully quiet.
Then, Lizzy started sniggering. Then, chuckling. Then, she burst out into a peal of maniacal laughter.
Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!