- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Here's something a little bit longer.

---

I gaze upwards, quivering, at my new sky. I say new sky, because instead of the robin's egg blue you're probably used to, my vision is filled with varying shades of peach, in some places redder than others. You see, my sky is now the sole of a titanic woman. My girlfriend, in fact. Specifically her heel. Her scent permeates the air, in the distance, what seems like miles away, I can make out the ball of her foot, occasionally taken aback by the motion of an idle toe scrunch. How did I get here? Perhaps I should explain.

My Friday began much like any other. I woke up around 6:30, an hour or so before Julie, got up and threw some clothes on. I gazed in on her, sleeping, in nothing but an oversized t-shirt and a pair of underwear. Her left foot, toes painted a playful shade of pink, poked out from under the sheets. I smiled, thinking about the workday ahead, and turned to start making coffee. That's when I heard her voice behind me say “I heard you saying someone else's name last night”. I froze. What had I said? Who's name? “Baby, I swear it was just a dr-” I said as I turned to face her, but I was met only with a blinding flash.

I awoke to the sound of thunder. Opening my eyes, I recognized nothing through blurred. It seemed as though I was on a vast plain, of unknown glossy material, with some impossibly tall monoliths surrounding me. As my vision slowly returned, I spun in place, frantically trying to recognize some landmark. How the hell had I gone from my kitchen to wherever this was? Had Julie done this?

Behind me, what I had mistaken for a wall of some kind, turned out to be nothing of the sort. The trick was that I had finally looked up. A large golden “10” was emblazoned what seemed like 1500 feet up. “Damn” I thought, “that's higher than most skyscrapers”. Where had I seen something like that before? Just then, the thunder stopped, and was replaced by another unbelievably loud sound. This time, though, it was more than just sound. It was a voice.

“Where did the hell did you go, you little speck?” the voice rumbled. “You'd better not be hiding from me.” I couldn't see anything, but I could have sworn that was Julie's voice. But why was it so loud? Why did the very sound of it shake my body? Was this some kind of trick? I moved towards the wall, since the sound was a bit quieter there, but not by much. The thunder resumed, and one of the other impossibly tall walls moved.

My mouth opened in a wordless scream as I saw her. Her toes, massive and wriggling, made loud thumps as they impacted the ground. How incredibly huge they were! If this wall was 1500 feet tall, her toes easily had to 200, maybe 300 feet to the top. She bent down, some kind of device in her. I struggled to take in the enormity of her. Every single movement was like the end of the world, her mountainous form creating minuscule breezes that were only perceptible to tiny things like me. Because it was clear that that's what I was now. Some tiny thing. So tiny that you probably step on millions of them a day, and don't notice. That's what Julie had reduced me to.

“I think you're a little bit too small for me to find, though I'm not really sure I want to. Let's make this a little easier.” I couldn't make out what she was doing, but it was something with the device, and all of a sudden everything shifted. The wall was still behind me, but now it was maybe 30 feet high. Her toes were now just a little bit taller than I was, I could make out that cute pink polish on the smaller ones. “Oh, there you are!” I heard in a loud, but far more normal voice, as she bent down to look at me. “Let's get a closer look at you, I'm so glad I finally had an excuse to do this”. I gazed up at her, tousled red hair waving gently, freckled nose scrunched up a little as she squinted at me, edges of her mouth turned up in a small grin.

Her hand extended, and the fleshy walls of her finger and thumb closed around me. I marveled at how gentle she was. It wasn't until later that I realized I wasn't the first person she'd done this to. Raising me up to eye level, she looked me over. My clothes had shrunken with me, and she frowned. All of a sudden I found myself dangling over her mouth.

“Clothes, off. Now.” she thundered, and frightened, I rushed to comply. “Boyfriends get to wear clothes. Specks do not. And yes, you are going to be a speck again, don't worry.” I figured being a speck was preferable to being devoured by my girlfriend, and quickly took off my shirt, pants, everything. I dropped them, and they landed on her outstretched tongue. That enormous tongue drew back into her mouth, and I marveled as she swished my clothes around, and swallowed them with an audible gulp. Could she even taste them? “Mmmmm, good little speck. Those were delicious, and I'm tempted to make you a little snack, but I don't think that's what we're going to do today. She placed me on the countertop, and brought her face down to look at me. I gazed up at her, fearful, unable to say anything. She smiled again and said “at least you get to spend your last day alive with me!”

With that, she wandered off to get ready for work. I heard the shower turn on, and Kesha began to play. I sat and wondered what the hell I was supposed to do. I was far, far too small to descend to the floor without breaking my neck. There was nothing on the countertop that I could make use of. “A phone! I can call someone on the phone!” I thought to myself, before realizing that she'd devoured my cell phone along with my clothes, probably too small to work anyway. Scenes of various movies containing shrunken people flashed through my mind. How had they gotten out of situations like this? I began to pace. Nothing came to mind.

Around 20 minutes or so passed, and as Julie moved around the apartment I was treated to various glimpses of her naked, then half naked forms. Her breasts were absolutely enormous, and jiggled slightly as she moved. My body wouldn't be able to cover just her areola, though I longed to try. Despite her actions so far, I held out hope that this was all still some kind of joke on her part. She finally padded over to me again, now in a skirt and a pretty blue button down, all made up and no longer disheveled. I felt those enormous finger pads close around me again as she dropped me into a small pocket in her skirt. She slipped on her shoes, probably sandals due to the pre-Summer heat, and walked out the door.

The short walk to work was uneventful to start. I heard her order a coffee and a breakfast sandwich at the local coffee shop, and I caught a glimpse of the enormous blonde barista handing over the food to Julie. I finally realized I could again speak, and shouted as loud as I could. “Help! Please help me!” I saw her turn her head a bit, and heard her say to Julie “Do you hear something? Sounds like someone saying “help me!”. Julie laughed, and said “what, like some kind of tiny person?” The blonde woman chuckled, and Julie turned and started walking again. Her hand entered the pocket, fingers grabbing me a bit more roughly this time.

I found myself on the surface of a glass patio table, on the sidewalk outside the shop. “Look, you little cheating fuck, I've kept you alive up until now out of courtesy. Do you want to see what usually happens to specks like you?” she murmured to me. With that, she reached over to the red purse I had bought her, and unclasped it, removing a pill bottle. Opening it, she shook something onto her hand, then pressed a button on the device that I'd seen her with earlier. The something suddenly came into focus as a tiny woman, probably only a quarter of an inch tall, and I realized that Julie had done the same thing to her she had done to me. “Recognize Jenna? Your coworker? Well say goodbye!”

I could hear the woman, Jenna, screaming and pleading in her tiny voice to Julie. “Please, I don't know what I did, Julie, please!” She was picked up, and moved over the steaming cup of coffee, the lid removed. The other hand reached for me, and brought me to the edge of the coffee cup. Realizing what was about to happen, Jenna's screaming became more frantic, until Julie tipped her palm over. Jenna went splashing into the almost boiling coffee, emerging screaming, thrashing, as her skin turned red. I tried to avert my eyes, and heard “don't even think about it, unless you want to join her”. It ended up taking about 10 seconds before Jenna went limp, floating face down in the coffee, skin red. Julie brought it to her lips, and took a sip, and when she put the cup back down, no Jenna. She smiled at me again, and returned me to her pocket.

Jesus. Jesus goddamn Christ. What the fuck do I do. WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO? Unable to fully comprehend the horror of what I just witnessed, I went into a state of catatonia. Did Julie have more tiny people in that pill bottle? I realized that I was in her pocket because, for at least a while, I was considered less disposable than the other little toys she apparently kept. Did this mean that she was going to keep me alive? The various ways that she could end me flitted though my mind. Crushed under a massive heel, scrunched between her enormous toes, cooked alive and devoured. Wait, what if she just devoured me alive? Would she chew first? Visions of her molars coming down to mangle me beyond all comprehension made me shiver. Or worse yet, what if she swallowed me whole? Would I smother in the air of her stomach? Or would I stay alive as the acids of her gut slowly dissolved me, screaming where no-one could hear. With a thumb she sat down, interrupting my unholy terror, and those fingers closed around me again.

“Hey, speck. You're going to keep my company at work today!” Julie was the only one in the room, as she usually arrived earlier than the rest of her team. A software designer by trade, I saw massive Thunderbolt monitors, white boards, and sticky notes spread out around the office. “Since I can't risk anyone seeing you, you'll get to keep my toes company today! Don't worry, you won't be the only one.” With that, I was deposited in front of her right foot, toes resting on top of her sandal, towering 5 feet above me. She raised her toes, and instructed me “climb up, right next to my big toe”. Complying, she scrunched me briefly between her toes, covering me in sweat and scent, the feeling of her skin soft, but I knew that with just a little more effort I'd pop like a grape.

She released me, and drew her toes back. I noticed the “10” inscribed on the insole, and realized that the sandal I was standing on was the massive wall I'd been next to that morning. That morning? Not more than 40 minutes could have passed since I saw her lying in bed, and now I was ¾ of an inch tall standing on her sandal. Toes resting on the heel of the shoe, pink polish glinting in the office light, she bent down and tipped the same pill bottle that she'd removed Julie from onto the shoe. I saw a few tiny specks fall out, and after a couple seconds they were the same size as me. 4 women, none of whom I recognized. Two of the women, a tall blonde and an average-height brunette, immediately began running.

The blonde rapidly outpaced the brunette, and jumped off the edge of the shoe. Julie pinned the brunette beneath her big toe, muffling her screams. The door to the office opened, and from under the desk I could see it was another young brunette, maybe college aged, wearing glasses. The blonde raced out to meet her, jumping up and down, shouting to try and get her attention. She must have heard something, because she glanced around a bit, confused. Unfortunately for the blonde woman, she kept walking, and with a shrill scream and a futile raising of hand she was crushed beneath the sole of the massive intern's flip flop with a small crunch.

The intern examined the bottom of her shoe, and turned to Julie. “Ms. Jansen, do we have a bug problem?” Julie just sighed, and twisted her toe into the tiny brunette's back, causing her to whimper in pain. The other two women still sat paralyzed in fear. “Say, Lucy, do you want to do a special project for me?” “Sure Ms. Jansen!” responded the enthusiastic young intern. With a flash, the intern was now the same size as us, looking around bewildered. Julie reached down, and plucked her up, depositing her on the sandal next to us. With another flash, the 3 women and I found ourselves facing the nervous toes of the intern, painted an fun shade of violet. Behind her, we could just make up some other mountain sized toes, which had to be Julie's.

“Can you see the tiny brunette down there? She should be a bit to the left of the others.” Julie's voice was once again thunder to me. I heard the intern respond with a stream of crying pleas, but Julie shushed her. “Shhhh, it's ok. Just tell me if you can see the brown haired woman.” The intern scanned the ground, face filled with fear, then looked back up at Julie and nodded her head to confirm. “Good, now grab her between your toes”. The tiny brunette started to scream again, as the massive toes moved forward, trapping her between the big toe and its neighbor. Looking back up at Julie, as if for further instructions, the intern let her foot fall back to the ground, just millimeters from crushing us. The brunette, tears streaming down her face, reached out a hand as she cried out to us for help.

“Excellent, now scrunch your toes and crush her” Julie's voice rumbled. The intern protested, and all of a sudden the bottom of Julie's big toe filled the sky. “If you don't know how, I can always demonstrate on you” she boomed, as she scrunched her toes above our heads. The intern looked back down at us, and with terror in her eyes, started to slowly scrunch her toes. The brunette's screaming intensified, as she was pulled back into the embrace of the titanic toes. The skin of the toes started to turn white as the purple nails came down to meet the insole. The tiny woman, now lost from view continued to scream, as we heard cracking noises. With one final shriek and one last loud crunch the toes scrunched extra hard, and the woman went silent. A tiny stream of blood oozed out from between the interns toes. The two tiny women remaining were silently sobbing, traumatized, unable to process what they'd just been forced to witness.

The intern's eyes began to fill with tears as she realized what she had just done, and she looked back up at Julie. Beaming down at her, Julie's voice rumbled “good job, you've just been promoted Lucy!” With that, titanic fingers came down and grabbed Lucy. We could just make out as Julie popped Lucy into her mouth with one final little scream, and began to chew. “As my full time snack, you unpleasant little bitch” she muttered as her gaze returned to the three of us. She leaned down a bit more, and said “now, my team is going to be here soon, that little snack I just took care of notwithstanding. Kaylee, Jessica, it was fun, but you shouldn't have tried to vote me off the alumni board.” The two women, a small Asian girl and a redhead like Julie, quivered in fear. They must have been her sorority sisters, from her college days just a few years prior.

Julie touched something on her desk again, and with a flash I again passed out. When I awoke, I seemed to be the same size, .1 millimeter, maybe? Julie's toes seemed to be the same size at least. The tiny women were now longer in view, though. Julie began to move her foot, and brought her big toe over a spot maybe an inch away. It was then that I saw them running. A half mile or so away, Kaylee and Jessica sprinted, towards me, as fast as they could, occasionally glancing over their shoulder at the mountain sized toe hovering over them. With a low chuckle, Julie boomed “thanks for getting this pedicure with me yesterday, I'm happy that I'm going to be able to show you what quality work they did!” The toe began to descend, the girls now just a half inch or so away.

They might have made it, had Kaylee not tripped. The short little Asian stumbled, and fell to her knees. Jessica, being a good friend, stopped to assist her despite the dire situation. I began to move forward in hopes of doing something, anything, when their screaming forms were replaced with the monolithic wall of flesh that was Julie's big toe. With an earth shaking giggle, she ground it into the insole of the sandal, slowly, probably relishing the final crunches of their tiny bodies. The toe raised again, and she moved it over me, again filling the sky. I could make out the little crushed forms of Kaylee and Jessica, they looked like they were holding hands as she wiggled my sky above me.

“So, you're the only one left! What a turn of events!” she taunted, as her toe moved and her face once again filled the sky. “I had intended on making these girls torture you, but the interruption of my intern, I mean snack, sort of put a damper on those plans. Instead, I'm just going to erase your location from my sizer.” With a cold sweat, I realized that the only way that she'd had to find me or restore my size was now gone. “Now, it's not like you're ever going to get a chance to use this lesson, seeing as how you'll be dead before the end of the day, but learn it anyway. Don't fucking cheat.”

To think, that all of this had been started because of an innocent dream. That was the last time she ever addressed me. Her foot moved back into the shoe, and her heel became my sky and that's where you find me now. It's been at least a couple hours now, with nothing but the endless ripples of her sole to occupy my mind. Hopefully I can can last at least a little whi-

Crunch.

 

Julie sat idly at her desk, wondering what had happened to the little speck, but no longer concerned. She occasionally glanced down at her pink toes, admiring the pedicure, and thanking Kaylee and Jessica one last time for recommending the place. It'd have to become her regular new spot. He was somewhere down by her heel, so she avoided slapping the sandals against her sole. When a colleague walked by and asked her to grab coffee, she stood up. “Have you seen Lucy? She was supposed to be in today...” Was that a small crunch? Smiling, she went to get coffee, sandals slapping against her soles.

When she returned to her desk, everyone else had gone to lunch, and she slipped her foot out of her shoe. She amusedly examined the sole for any sign of her ex-boyfriend. Finally finding his crushed little body, she scrunched her toes, giggling softly as his tiny body briefly became lost in the folds of her sole. Dragging a finger across the bottom of her heel, she brought his mangled remains, now even less than a smear, up to her her face. She knew that her excuse was bullshit, and he had been entirely faithful, but after sucking his remains off her finger and swallowing him down, she decided to complete the lesson anyway.

“Don't cheat.”

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked it