- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

One day -- Monday -- and all the things that happen to Sam. It begins with Zoe and one of those weird moments again. Julie and Jenn make appearances then it ends with Tee. Also, Sam gets hit. Sam, whether he's conscious of it or not, is working on Julie. She tries not to let it show.

----- At school

I was in the school library, as usual, studying. I took a short break to rest my eyes as I leaned back in the faux leather chair. A noise prompted me to look over to one of the aisles of books. Someone ducked out of sight.

I thought there was someone there. I could have sworn there was. I went back to studying.

Do you ever have one of the moments where you feel as if someone's eyes are upon you? I mean really feel, like the hairs on the back of your neck are standing up. This was one of those moments.

I turned my attention away from the book I was reading but waited, keeping the same posture so as not to give away my motives. When I thought it was time I suddenly whipped my head around to see who was there.

I caught her! She knew it too so she didn't make any attempt this time to hide. She just stood in that one spot with this sheepish smile on her face.

She was wearing a light blue blouse, with a pleated skirt that only just went halfway down her thighs, and knee-high socks. Her hair was curly. She had the most beautiful, deep, dark brown eyes I had ever seen.

I was shy, but her eyes got a hold of me and I somehow found it in me to overcome my shyness. Where the hell did that come from? Why couldn't I have called that up before, I wondered. I figured that if there were any time that I needed the courage though, now was that time.

I actually spoke to her. Can you believe it? I spoke to a strange girl that I just met.

"Hi."

"Hi." she said.

"I caught you this time." I said smiling. She smiled back. My heart melted.

I was still nervous. At four foot nine inches tall not too many girls really wanted to have anything to do with me. I'd been here two whole years and every girl I tried to get chummy and ask out turned me down. I was kind of expecting this beautiful gal to turn me down too. She was over a head taller than me. Oh well, if she wanted tall, dark and handsome, at least she deserved it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you."

"Uh." My leg was shaking, that's how nervous I was. I hoped she didn't see it. "It's no bother. I need a break from studying anyway."

"What are you studying?"

"Math."

"Are you taking calculus?"

"Nah, already had that. It's differential equations."

"Sounds hard."

"Not really. Calculus was harder. Especially multi-dimensional calculus."

"It sounds heavy."

"Haven't you had calculus?"

"Two semesters. That's all I need. No dimensional stuff."

"What are you majoring in?"

"Psychology. You?"

"Computer science."

"You'll make good money."

"Psychologists make good money too."

"It's okay money. Not great."

"At least it should be fulfilling. You'd be helping others."

"You think so?"

"Absolutely." I said. Then I took a chance. "Would you like to come with me to get some ice cream in the student union?"

"Sure."

"Pssst." I heard behind some books. She heard it too and turned.

"Psst, psst." again.

"Will you excuse me for a moment. I'll be right back."

I figured this was her way out and didn't expect her to come back. I heard loud whispering. Almost like an argument. It stopped abruptly.

Another girl came out, looked at me and smiled.

"Hi." she said. Then she raised her right hand and waved at me. "I'll see you later."

The other girl, the one I was talking to and that said she would have ice cream with me came out from the behind the bookshelves. I was expecting an excuse but was pleasantly surprised when I heard her say "Ready to go?"

"Oh." I was a little startled. "Yeah. Let me gather my stuff."

I clumsily shoved everything into my backpack. I usually take the time to put my stuff in there organized but not this time.

"So, um, who was that?" I asked.

"Do you mean the girl I was talking to to?"

"Yeah."

"That was Samantha."

"So, what was that all about back there?"

"Oh, just a change in plans. Sorry about the commotion."

"So, my name's Samuel." I said extending my hand. She took it in both of hers, bending over and told me her name.

"Zoe. It's nice to meet you, Samuel."

"Call me Sam."

There was something about her. Something deep inside of me that said she was familiar. Maybe I'd seen her before but I couldn't remember. Perhaps she had one of those faces that you see all the time but her face was anything but ordinary, I would remember a face like that. Who does she remind me of?

"Have we met before?" I asked. "You seem awfully familiar."

"I don't think so. Maybe you've seen me in the library?"

"No. There's hardly anyone around when I'm here in the library. Everyone else here are here almost every day like me and I pretty much know them all by face. Oh well, let's go have some ice cream."



----- Sunday morning

I woke up confused. This was like the other dreams I'd had, but it wasn't. Of course, I had to see Zoe again. I knocked on her door early that morning.

"Zoe, I had the weirdest dream again. I think we were in the library back in school. I didn't know it was you until I woke up."

"It was me."

"What was that all about?"

"It was in the past, Sam. I used to watch you in the library like that. But not here; let's go out to the living room and talk."

We found ourselves early morning, back out in the living room.

"That was way too weird, Zoe. I knew you were familiar but didn't know who you were in my dream. Why were we there?"

"Because you used to study in the library and I used to stalk you."

"I know that! What does it mean?"

"It doesn't mean anything."

"So let me ask you this: what change of plans were you and Samantha talking about?"

"Nothing."

"And so that really was Samantha?"

"Yes."

"She smiled at me."

"Alright." she finally admitted. "Look, we decided that I would be the one to give you the virus instead of her."

"But Samantha was the one with the virus."

"She had already given it to me by then."

"So then you were going to give me the virus. Wow."

"Does it really matter?"

"Did you two fight over me?"

"No. It was Sam's idea. She thought you liked me better."

"I can't remember us sleeping together that night."

"It never happened, Sam! It was a dream. Does it matter? We're sleeping together now."

"Not last night."

"I'm sorry about last night."

"I'm sorry too, Zoe. I didn't mean to be angry with you. I was frustrated about what happened with Julie."

"It went well with her yesterday."

"It could have been better."

"She's still getting over Jill. We all are. Give it time."

"You do know that I still love her, right?"

"I know. And I swear, I'm not trying to come between you two."

"Okay. I guess I overreacted last night."

"I would say so."

"So, did you really wear pleated skirts and knee high socks in college?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Because I always figured you for the black, torn stockings type."

"Have you ever seen me wear such a thing?"

"No. But I figured they don't make stockings like that in your size."

She hit me on the arm.

"Ow. I just want you to know that I like the short skirt and bobby socks look."

Her expression softened. "Thanks." she said. Then rolled her eyes again.

"You should wear your hair in curls. It's terribly cute."

"Would you like me to change my hairstyle?"

"Only if you want to. Don't change on account of me."

"I'd look like Shirley Temple."

"Not unless you die your hair blonde."

"Would you like that?"

"I don't think so. You look young enough as is."

"That's why I don't wear my hair in curls."

"Oh yeah. That makes sense."

"It's still early, Sam."

"Sorry. I shouldn't have gotten you up this early."

"I was part of the dream too, remember?"

"Yeah."

"So I was already up."

"Okay."

"But we still have time if you wanted to go back to bed."

"You mean together?"

"Un huh."

"Even after the way I acted last night?"

"Yes."

"Sure, I guess."

"Well, don't look so enthused."

I suppose I was still a bit usettled by the dream.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?"

"For agreeing to have ice cream with me at the student union."

"You liked that?"

"I'd liked to think we got that far, even though the dream ended before then."

"I was excited."

"You were?"

"I felt like, you know how when you first go out with someone?"

"I think so. What did Samantha think?"

"I had been researching, well, spying on you. And Samantha knew how I felt about you. She was only doing that because ..."

"Because others put her up to it?"

"Yeah."

"You really were looking out for me."

"Yes. I think in the library was when Sam realized that."

"Would you have told me about the virus?"

She shrugged and said "Maybe. I don't know."

"As much as I really liked Samantha, I wish you were the one to give me the virus, Zoe."

"It didn't happen that way."

"Maybe I was just infatuated with Sammie because she was the first one in college to show me any affection. I feel like such a fool over what happened."

"If it's any consolation, she fell for you too, Sam."

"Thanks. You know what you did there in the library meant so much to me you wouldn't believe. Even though it didn't happen, it felt so real and it's a moment I will cherish the rest of my life."

"You were infatuated with me."

"Still am."

"Likewise. Come on, let's go to bed."

Zoe and I made love that morning. I figured we were making up for last night. Or maybe she was as giddy as I was about the dream. And I couldn't get over how she looked back in school: the skirt, the socks, her hair, and being taller than me.

The days of taking it easy in bed with her were over. Sex was rough that morning. I'll tell you one thing: it was a great start to a Monday.



----- Monday at work

Jenn wanted to come over again to hang on the table.

"Sure. But this is the last time. I'll be moving soon."

"When are you moving?"

"Early next week."

"I'd love to see your new house."

"Patience. You will."

"Are you bringing the inversion table with you?"

"No. I'm throwing it away."

"You're what?"

"Of course I'm bringing it. Hey, I'll pick up Tee tonight since she doesn't have to go to the clinic anymore and I know she'll want to come over and hang with you. Get it? Hang."

"It's a groaner, at best, Sam."

"At least I tried."

"Try harder."



----- That evening

Since there was no clinic tonight Cindy and I were sitting around chilling while Tee and Jenn were hanging. No, not like that, we were dressed this time. There was a knock on the door. I answered and was met with the same eye-height knees as yesterday. This time Julie was in a dress. It would have been a long dress on anyone else, but on her it was a mini-dress and damn, she looked hot!

"Hi, Julie. Come on in."

"Damn right I'm coming in."

"Can I get you anything?"

"What's the meaning of this?" she said shaking some papers that were in her hand at me.

"I don't know. What is that?"

"I had to sign this."

"Oh, yes, of course you did. That's why I had you bring it."

"You made me the president of your corporation."

"That's because you're the business person in this relationship."

"There is no relationship, Sam."

"Ouch, Julie. That hurt."

"Sam. We can't do this anymore."

"So, you don't love me."

"It's complicated."

"No, it isn't. You love me or you don't. And after all we've been through too."

"It's not that I don't love you."

"Do you?"

"Don't do this."

"Don't you want to get back together, Julie?"

"Yes! But we can't."

"It's just a simple little decision. It's not like you have to pay or fill out forms or anything. Just check the box: yes."

"I can't do it, Sam. It doesn't feel right."

"Come. Sit."

She sat on the floor cross legged next to me. I got up on her thigh so I could reach her face and leaned in for a kiss. She didn't stop me. I gave that kiss all I had. When I broke it off I saw that her eyes were still closed.

"Well?" I asked.

She opened her eyes. "How can you want me back?"

I shrugged. "There's no excuse for love."

"This isn't right."

"I need you, Julie."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. You won't."

"I'm sorry."

I felt that pushing it further was the wrong thing just now. I've been careful so far. The time would come later to push harder.

"At least be the president of the corporation for me."

"You're asking a lot."

"It'll be a piece of cake. I'm going to transfer the money I've made from the songs and gift it to the company. Everything else will go right to the corporation. Sharon and Tee and I will get paid from that. In the meantime I want you to do something."

"What?"

"I've found some property I want to invest in. I want you to put the downpayment on it for the corporation. After I transfer the money, of course."

"Why?"

"I told you: investment."

"Are you sure that's wise?"

"I've studied it, Julie. I know the risk."

"Okay. But I can't do this forever. What if I fail?"

"If you fail then nothing lost."

"It's a lot of pressure."

"You'll do fine. I'll tell you what to do and how."

"I already have a job."

"This'll only be a few minutes a week."

"Promise? Because I only have a few free minutes."

"You'll get a salary too."

"I will?"

"Didn't you read the bylaws?"

"It didn't mention names."

"We get to put the names in. You, of course, being an officer of the company are entitled to compensation. No?"

"Okay." She perked up a little at that announcement.

"Good. Stay with me tonight."

"I can't."

"At least get naked."

"What?"

"Tee and Jenn will be back in soon. They'd love to see your beautiful form sitting here in the middle of the living room. All ten feet of it."

"I'm not ten feet tall."

"Almost. You will be soon."

"I'm only a little over eight feet. I've stopped growing."

"I'm still shrinking."

"I'm so sorry, Sam."

"I know. Everyone's sorry. Why can't anyone do anything about it?"

"You know I would if I could."

"I know that. Just still love me if I get smaller."

"I'll still ... never mind." she said shaking her head.

I almost got her to say it. I wish she had. Still, I could feel her armor cracking but I decided to work this slowly.

Cindy was there the whole time in the living room while we were talking. For some reason Zoe stayed in her room. I didn't know if she could hear us or not. Usually no, it's too far away, but she may have been in the hallway listening. I would know soon enough whether she did or not. In the meantime ...

"So, you'll get naked then?"

"No. Nobody wants to see me naked."

"I do."

"Me too." Cindy said.

"You would." Julie answered back.

"If you don't want to stay tonight with Sam, won't you stay with me?"

Bless Cindy's little heart. I knew what she was doing.

"Oh, Cindy. It's not right anymore."

"I'd love to play with you. Sam's been with Zoe every night and I have nobody to play with. I take PDQ too you know."

"He's been with Zoe?"

"Yeah, but Jenn's here so I suspect she'll be sharing Sam's bed tonight."

"Jenn, huh?"

"You know Jenn." I said. "I work with her."

"I know her. Do you sleep with her too?"

"That's not important."

"It figures."

"Don't hold that against me."

"I'm not. I know how you all feel."

"You still remember how it feels to be little?"

"I meant I know how it feels to be on the meds. The one I was on did the same thing."

"But no longer?"

"Not really. Not like before."

"I knew it, you've decided to become a nun."

"No. I still have urges."

"Then spend the night with me."

"No, Sam. Not tonight."

"Tomorrow?"

"NO!"

"Will you come see me at Mike's this Friday?"

"Yes, I can do that."

"Yay! Thank you."

I was still standing on Julie's thigh leaning against her shoulder when Tee and Jenn came in. They were surprised to see Julie.

"Hi, Julie." they said.

"Hi."

"What brings you here?"

"Paperwork."

"Ew. You can keep it."

Tee was lamenting to Jenn about painting over the wall that we used to use to measure each other.

"I'll fix something up once I move to the new house." I promised.

"Are you going to have a gym in the new house, Sam?"

"Of course, Julie. In the basement."

"Oh." she groaned.

"Don't worry, you'll fit. You've already been down there. Remember?"

"I remember."

"I think I'll put up a measuring wall in the basement, not sure where yet. And then we can see how much bigger Tee and Jenn have grown and how much I've shrunk."

"You might grow, Sam."

"And a humpback whale might solve world peace tomorrow."

"Don't be so negative."

"I'm only being realistic. And you just accused me of being too positive the other day. Make up your mind already."

"You're a hard person to talk to, sometimes."

"And you're a hard person to convince, sometimes."

"You convinced me to be your president, didn't you? I didn't have to do that."

"I'm very happy that you are."

"I don't deserve it either."

"Remember when you brought me to Mike's for the first time and made me sing?"

"Yeah."

"You do deserve this, Julie. You made me realize how much I liked it and how good I was at it. You may be part responsible for me getting the virus but you're also responsible for the songs I sing. You believed in me. You deserve it more than anyone."

"Okay, fine. I said I'll do it."

"I knew you'd understand."

"But don't do that again, Sam."

"Do what?"

"Spring something like that on me. You should have told me first."

"You mean like the way you told me that first time that I would be singing at Mike's?"

"Okay. You win this time."

"No, Julie. We all win."

She leaned back and looked at me from arms length.

"Do you really think this is going to work?"

"With your business acumen and my talent it's a sure thing."

"Alright. I'll try."

"That's the spirit."



----- That night

Julie didn't stay much longer. Neither did Jenn.

"Aren't you going to stay tonight, Jenn?"

"I'd love to, Sam, but I have a few things to do at home."

"What?"

"Someone has to take care of Mr. Boots."

"Who's Mr. Boots?"

"My cat."

"Oh yeah. I should have known."

So Cindy was wrong: I wouldn't be spending the night with Jenn, but Tee stayed over that night. Guess who slept with me? Tee's days here were numbered. As with Cindy, she'd be leaving for Arizona soon so this was good thing; and maybe the last time we'd be together like this.

We undressed at the foot of the bed and hugged. She giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing."

We hugged again and she giggled even more.

"Okay. You have to tell me what's making you laugh."

"It's nothing."

"It's something or you wouldn't be so silly."

"I like hugging you."

"That's it, huh?"

"That's it."

"You never laughed like this before."

"I was never, I mean, I just like this."

"I know what it is." I said looking up into her eyes.

"What?"

"You're taller."

"Oh, Sam, don't be upset about it."

"I'm right, aren't I?"

"I've been smaller than everyone for so long."

"No, you haven't. There's Zoe and others at the clinic. It hasn't been that long either."

"It feels like I've been living with this forever."

"For me it has been forever."

"I'm sorry, Sam. It's different and it feels so good to hold you in my arms. I've never done anything like this with someone smaller than me."

"Do you like it?"

"Honestly, if I knew what this was like before, then I'd have actively pursued you in high school."

"I'm happy you're growing again, Tee. Really. I hope it keeps up."

"Do you think I'll grow to be as big as I was before the virus?"

"I don't know but look what happened to Julie."

"Oh wow. Do you think I'll get that big?"

"I really don't know."

Talk of her growing seemed to invigorate her: she was a wild woman that evening. Her legs were wrapped around my hips when she had her first orgasm of the night. She squeezed her legs hard and her enthusiasm made me cum too. It was only the first of many more to come.

When we were finished and I was spooning her from behind I whispered in her ear "Thanks for being here with me."

"Thank you. You miss Julie, don't you?"

"I do."

"I'm a little sorry it was me tonight and not her. But just a little."

That remark made me smile.

"I'll miss you when you go." I said.

She didn't say anything.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm nervous, Sam."

"Yeah, I can see why."

"Weren't you nervous when you went off to school?"

"Hmm. Let me think... No. No, I was excited, not nervous."

"I'm excited too, but I'm also scared."

"I was happy to get away from here. But I wasn't leaving behind a loving mother and father like you are."

"No?"

"Well, Dad's okay. Mom never liked me."

"Oh, you're just exaggerating."

"No, I'm not. She gave all her love to Erin instead."

"Jealous?"

"Not really. Well, I was back then but I love Erin and I hope she gets all the love she deserves, even from Mom. But I was really happy to get far away. For the most part, I enjoyed being at school away from here and away from Mom."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be. You'll make friends out there. You already know Cindy."

"I don't know if we'll see each other."

"She'll be close enough for you two to see each other on weekends if you want. And then there's Gabe. You'll like him. He was my best friend in school."

"Another computer nerd."

"Worse. He's a double 'E'."

"No, I think computer nerds are nerdier than engineering nerds."

"The worst are the bug nerds."

"Oh shut up." she said as she gently hit me on my shoulder.

"There's my friend Kaycee. I think you'll like her. She also has the virus."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'll let her know you're coming."

"I heard about her."

"What did you hear?"

"That you spent most of your time with her when you went back to Arizona."

"I see you've been talking to Cindy."

"So?"

"It's okay. She's right for the most part. I did spend most nights with Kaycee."

"But you love Julie."

"Yes, I do."

"I'll look Kaycee up when I get there."

"Kaycee deserves a good friend like you."

"Am I your good friend?"

"Of course you are."

"I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for me, Sam."

"Just being my friend is thanks enough. I know it's a little scary leaving home for the first time, Tee, but I think you'll like it out there and I know that you'll have a great future."

"I love you, Sam."

"And I love you too, Tee. Just remember that I'll be there if you ever need me, even if I have to come all the way across the country."

We hugged each other tighter just the way we were, that is, spooning, and fell asleep.



----- T-minus a week and counting

The coming week would be a banner one for me. There was court and then moving to a new house.

Next week would be the formal last week in this old house but I had planned that early in the week -- Monday and Tuesday -- I would actually make the move to the new place. Then there would be a day or two to make sure I had everything out of the old house and tidy it up. I hired professional movers so I wasn't worried about the actual moving.

I had been sleeping with Zoe most nights for the past week or two. She was getting almost scary freaky in bed but I didn't care. Ask me if I cared. What's that? Do I care? Does this look like a face that cares?

So, anyway, Zoe and I were getting to be a semi-regular thing. But she was also sleeping with Gail when she wasn't with me. Cindy and Tee were filling those other nights. Cindy was getting real antsy about finally leaving the school where she taught. Tee was getting antsy about leaving for Arizona. And I was getting antsy about Julie.

But the immediate priority now was the matter of Billy and the law.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Reminder: there aren't too many chapters left before this story comes to a close. I'd love to hear what you think.