- Text Size +

“So… this is what jail is like.”
Kyla raised her head off the pillow giving her wife an amused look. “You know what jail is like.”

“No,” Sienna corrected from her position sprawled out across her wife. “I knew what jail was like over a thousand plus years ago when we both landed in one.”

“You didn’t have to land in jail, Sienna you tackled a cop to be placed in jail with me.”

“The cop said I hadn’t done anything to be arrested for, so I gave him a reason.” Sienna stretched lazily then curled back up atop her wife.

“Comfy?” asked Kyla in a very sarcastic tone.

“Yes.” Sienna snuggled in a bit more. “You are perfect to lay on, sorry the bed is too small."

“Yeah, well that’s the way of it for me.” Kyla could feel the metal bar of the bed under her knees, her feet flat upon the concrete floor. “More comfortable that the first jail we were in, that one had concrete slabs for beds.”

“And they wouldn’t let me share a jail cell with you.” Sienna grumped.

“Its jail honey, they tend to not treat people as if it were a hotel.”

“Still, I didn’t regret attacking that cop to be with you.”

“You could have just thrown a punch at him and missed on purpose.” Kyla suggested.

“I’ve never thrown a punch at anyone… I don’t really know how.” Sienna replied, with a touch of embarrassment in her voice.”

“I always wondered about that, we were just dating at the time. I mean, I was glad you were there, but you didn’t need—“

“Kyla, I knew from the moment I first saw you that I wanted to always be with you no matter what.”

What could she say in response to that? Everything would sound so trite.

“Love you…”

Sienna squeezed her tight in a hug.
Both were silent for a time, listening to the sounds of the jail, clanging doors, inmates talking, and scuffs of the boots of the guards on the floor.

“You punched that guy so hard, you knocked him out cold.”

“He deserved it for slipping his hand up your skirt. Drunken lout.” Growled Kyla.

“He was on the ground before I even had a chance to react.” Sienna laughed. “I look next to me and there you are, looking ever so sharp in your Imperial Uniform, Lieutenant Kyla Von Essen, hero of the Empire.”

“Well, heroes aren’t exempt from getting arrested for punching people, just like Empresses are exempt from being placed in jail for—“

“Theft of an Imperial Warship.” Sienna lifted her hand and raised a lone finger.

“Falsifying sensor readings to make it appear you were someplace you were not.” Another finger when up.

“Illegally transferring military personnel.” Three fingers where now up.

“And… disregarding the orders of the duly elected government of the Empire not to visit Earth. That, my dear Empress is treason!”

“You really have Baroun’s voice down pat my love.” Kyla laughed.

“Little jerk.” Mumbled Sienna loud enough for Kyla to hear. “I can’t believe he sent mini’s to arrest you.”

“Meant to humiliate, a Colossi, and the Empress no less, being arrested by the little Mini’s.”

“You did so well to not react.”

“Not so hard when you know you are being purposely baited. Hardest part was stepping slowly enough for the Mini’s to keep pace. I think they got quite a workout.”

Sienna chuckled. “I’m jealous of you.”

“What? Why?” Kyla raised her head up from the pillow again.

“Because, no matter what you wear, you look good in it.”

“Black and white stripes look good on no one.”

“Except you.” Sienna grumbled.

“Empress!”

Parcrya’s voice sounded from outside the door as the telltale sound of a key badge was inserted. Moments later the force field at the door, clicked off.
With a groan, Kyla shifted to stand after Sienna had slid off her.

With a smirk, upon her dark lips, Kyla mockingly held out her hands for the restraining cuffs. She was surprised when Parcrya knelt. Little Amarice did the same from her spot upon Parcrya’s shoulder.

“Commander that is unnecessary and unwise as I am accused of treason.”

“Empress, the government has collapsed, you are in sole command of the Empire.”

Kyla was momentarily speechless.

“How?” she asked, followed by a command. “Rise.”

“First, upon seeing the evidence of what had happened upon Earth, the population agreed that in hindsight it was wise of you to undertake the mission to Earth. Second, the people did not like seeing their Empress in chains.”

“See, I told you love,” Sienna slipped a hand round her wife’s waist. “Baroun would take a step too far.”

“Certainly lady Sienna, but there is another reason,” A sly grin from Parcrya.

“All of Baroun’s indiscretions have been exposed. He has several mistresses, many townhomes—“

“So, he’s slimy, that’s not enough to—“

“Ah, but he also has taken many bribes, and so have mini’s in his party. All being exposed in detail. The list of offenses were so terrible, that members of his own party voted no confidence in him.”

“Who got hold of that information to expose him and all the others?”

Parcrya looked to Amarice.

“You, little one?” Kyla was stunned.

Amarice nodded.

“She’s quite the spymaster Empress.”

“Amazing.” Whispered Sienna. “I would have never believed it.”

“Everyone underestimated her, believing her to be naïve and innocent.”

“I am in your debt Amarice.” Kyla said in true gratitude. Little Amarice, once so innocent had truly become a force in her own right.

“I am glad to be in your service Empress.”

Steps behind caused Kyla to smile darkly.

“Well…well..well..” she intoned at seeing Baroun sitting in the hand of a Colossi guard.
The little man began to shake as Kyla bent at the waist her face filling his entire field of vision.

“Empress, what should we do with him?” asked Parcrya.

“Hmmm… put him in a cell for now.”

“Yes Empress.”
**

She leaned back against the little hill, or mountainside depending upon your perspective.

Next to her Sienna let out a sigh of contentment. “I love our new world, but I did miss the beautiful blue skies of Earth.”

“Ummm…hmm.” Was all Kyla said in reply, Her eyes were closed, the warmth of the sun lulling her closer and closer to sleep.”

Both where dressed simply, Sienna wearing a most beautiful sundress, she in her usual skin tight black jogging pants and red sports bra.

She was careful not to twitch her fingers, feeling the Earth people climbing upon them. So incredibly curious these little ones.

The specks had been as good as their word. In an Imperial year, they had transformed the planet back to being habitable again. The technology those microscopic people had was so advanced that Kyla was once again very glad to have them as part of her Empire. Sea life was once again flourishing, animals reappearing, crops being grown. Kyla had ordered, the remnants of the cities on this planet to be wiped clean and the Collosi engineers had done well to remove everything. The little inhabitants of Earth needed a clean slate, free of the past Empire and its evil.

The Specks…

As she expected, they refused to be placed in terrariums, no matter how glorified they may be. Instead they wished to migrate to the planet of Mars, right now that world was being terraformed. The specks taking it upon themselves to be the protectors of Earth. As per her order, no Collosi or mini were to be allowed on Earth without Kyla’s express permission. The specks would use their technology to insure no ship entered the system.

They had learned much about what had happened to the old Empire, a rebellion had begun, a movement to restore some measure of democracy. The fighting had destroyed this world. Kyla taking a lesson from this had ordered new elections in her Empire. Ruling as an absolute monarch, though appealing, was not in the best interests of her people. She had learned from the mistakes of the old Empire, people can either express their opinions peacefully by the vote, or violently by revolution.

The new government had immediately voted funding for the restoration of Earth. Moreover, they had placed Kyla in charge of Earth in perpetuity. Each new Empress would have sole dominion over the Eden that Earth until such time as these people matured.

Unfortunately, not all had gone well. The Colossi, Minis and Specks now were moving to live on separate worlds, in different planetary systems, the differences had been too great. Now they existed in a Federation of sorts, each group having its own style of government on their own planet. Baroun had screwed up their chances of working together.

“Empress?” Parcrya said soft.

Kyla had heard her commander walking up, knew it was Parcrya by her gait.
The little Earth people scattered. Kyla could sympathize. They were so incredibly large it was hard to fault the little ones for running.


Lazily, Kyla opened her eyes. “Yes, commander?”

Parcrya moved to kneel.

“Rise.” Kyla ordered before Parcrya’s knee could touch the ground.

“Empress, I have news of importance.”

“And that would be?”

“Empress, we have found people who claim to be the parents of Lady Sienna.”

“What?!” Sienna sat bolt upright.

“Impossible!” charged Kyla.

“I would have thought so as well, but the Minis found a very well hidden underground bunker complex in the former state called New Zealand. It appears they were placed in perfect stasis long ago.”

Sienna jumped to her feet. “Are they okay?” What did they say?” she blurted as Kyla moved to stand behind.

“They are disoriented, as to be expected.” Parcrya began. “I felt it best to only leave them with Minis as, well, our size can be quite shocking to those of a small stature. Amarice is with them, she’s a natural at putting people at ease.”

Sienna tugged at Kyla’s hand impatiently. “Let’s go!”

“One more thing Empress.”

“Yeah,” replied Kyla as they jogged to the shuttle.

“The former Empress of Earth has also been found.”