- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

[04/14/17]

The girls take a few minutes to rest up and recharge for the second round.

Megumin, Darkness, Wiz, Chris and Aqua all watched as the evershift pastel colored locks of Eris disappeared behind the thick red curtain at the exit to the game room.  With the first round of the 'game' now done, they all sighed in relief.

"That was actually more fun than I thought it would be."  Chris commented, now standing a mere 12 inches tall thanks to Megumin.  "Eris is nice enough and seems like she'll keep her word about letting us go home after all this."

"True."  Darkness agreed, nodding solenmly standing just under 2 centimeter.  "She seems very whimsical, but not totally irrational."

"While we wait, who wants some food?"  Megumin asked, getting up from her chair as the only player to not be altered by the previous round.  She lowered her hand to the table, offering to carry her shrunken friends.

"Hey Wiz, why don't you get Aqua to ferry you around?"  Chris asked as she helped Darkness mount Megumin's hand.  "She is your pet for now."

"I suppose I could at the very least restore her to her proper size."  Wiz said, looking to the tniy water goddess sitting obeiently on her shoulder.  Wiz herself was shrunk by Aqua and now stood roughly 3 to 4 centimeters tall and targeted to grow an enromous male phallus, but had gained temporary ownership of Aqua until the game ends.  She set Aqua down on the table, and with the knowledge magically gifted to her, restored her pet to full size.  "I'm sorry to ask this of you Aqua-sama, but please carry me around until I get big again."  She asked politely.

Unable to resist Wiz's request anymore, Aqua's body gently reached out and set its master on her shoulder.  "Hehehe, now I'm an over glorified mount for this filthy undead... My life is over, my dignity as a goddess, gone."  The water deity thought in protest, incapable of voicing her protests due to a carelessly worded request of her current master.

"Thank you very much, Aqua-sama."  Wiz said genuinely as Megumin and Aqua carried everyonelse over to the bar.

"So how does this work?"  Chris asked as they were set on the bar.  "I doubt Eris' world carries the Guild's ale."  No sooner had the words left the young theif's mouth did an appropriately sized mug of froathty ale appear before her.  "Seriously?"  She picked up the mug and looked at it apraisingly.  "Looks like the Guild's ale..."

"So... If I wanted some bread?"  Megumin asked, causing a fresh loaf to appear.  "Or some snow crab?"  Again, appearing before was a plate of perfectly prepared snow crab accompanied by all the condiments and side dishes she had also been thinking of.  "I may actually never leave."

It wasn't long before everyone else followed suit, manifesting some of the most luxurious dishes they could think of.  Everything was season and prepare to perfection, but poor Aqua was forced to merely watch as she was still ordered to 'sit quietly' until the game had concluded.

"No fair!  I wanna eat something too!"  Aqua thought, tormented by all the wonderful smells assualting her nose.  "I can still taste that slimey... stuff in my mouth.  I'm hungry!"

After a couple minutes of eating her own food, Wiz looked over to the blue haired girl and noticed that she wasn't eating anything.  "You should get something to eat too, Aqua-sama."  She suggested and while she knew she could order Aqua to do whatever she wanted right now, she hadn't realized that the magic binding the water goddess deemed almost all of her words as orders.

Wasting no time, Aqua willed some of her favorite foods and the most expensive wines she could think of, hoping to at the very least temporarily forget her current circumstances while stuffing her face.

Another couple minutes passed of the girls feasting before a gentle pulsed rippled through the room, followed shortly after be another.

"What was that?"  Chris asked, looking around to see if anything changed.

"I am not sure, perhaps Eris as altered this place in some way."  Darkness replied, getting up and looking at the curtained exit.  "Eris?  Are you there?"  She called.

"Don't come out!"  Their host's voice called back with a sense of urgency.  "You're protected while in the game room, but the air here isn't the same as where you're from.  I'll be there in just a moment."

"She really went through a lot of trouble just to play games with random strangers."  Chris commented.  She laid back on the bar counter, finished with her meal, as it vanished.

"Don't forget she wants to keep some as 'pets'."  Megumin said.

"What do you think she'd do with them?"  Chris asked.

Megumin hugged her shoulders and shuddered at the thought, Eris not even trying to hide the fact that she wanted her as a pet.  "I'd rather not think about it, but if I had to guess..."  Her gaze slowly drifted to the table where they played, the cards still there.

"Wiz, do you think you could get Aqua to carry us back?"  Darkness asked as everyone seemed to be finished their meals.

"Okay.  Aqua-sama, could you please carry Darkness-san and Chris-san back to the table?"  She asked.  The blue haired goddess did as she was asked and carried the shrunken Crusader and Theif back to the game table.  "Megumin-san, could I ask you to help me back to my seat?  I'd rather not give Aqua-sama anymore reason to hate me after the game."

"Sure."  The young crimson demon replied, picking up the tiny Lich and carrying her to her seat.

"Everyone ready for round two then?"  Eris asked entering the room.  "Before we begin, I should inform you all that I have added two new spells to the game room."  Waving her hand, Eris created translucent magical script to appear before each player outlining the new rules.  "Basically all they do is make you more comfortable with playing the special cards, but since I technically changed the rules part way, if anyone wants to withdraw from the game now you are free to do so."

"I'm more or less okay with these, it would be easy to see if anyone had malicous intent regardless."  Chris reasoned after reading the new rules.

"True.  We knew the nature of the cards before we initally began playing as well, so we knew what was in store for us."  Darkness agreed.

"I suppose, but now that I think about it, isn't Megumin a little young for these kind of games?"  Wiz asked.  "I mean, some of the cards are very... adult."  She added, blushing.

"How old is she?"  Eris asked in return.

"I am old enough, 14 is basically an adult for Crimson Demons."  The young Arch-Wizard said, puffing her cheeks and crossing her arms in defiance, though her tone was anything but confident.

"Really?  I could have sworn it was the same as the rest of humanity."  Chris teased, seeing through the obvious lie.

"Well here human adulthood is generally 15...ish."  Eris commented plainly.  "Basically if your old enough to know how to take care of yourself and work, you're an adult."

"No seriously, I think I might just stay here."  Megumin replied deadpan serious.

Chapter End Notes:

Like I mentioned in the last chapter, not much here because it is inbetween rounds.  Things will be more interesting in the next chapter, I promise!