- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

[01/24/2018]

 

Shocking revelations of Eris' little break aside, the girls prepare for the final round!

"You mean... this thing is like our Creator or something?"  Megumin asked sitting in her chair dangling the tiny glowing being by a leg looking unimpressed.  After Aqua identified the being as 'the Boss', they all moved back to the game table to prepare for the next round.

"Megumin-san, do you really think you should be treating him so rudely?"  Wiz cautioned, watching as the young, giant Crimson Demon inspected the being with a bored expression.

"Please, this thing is more like a snack."  Megumin replied, licking her lips.

"MEGUMIN!  WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!?"  Aqua demanded, hysterically freaking out seeing the blatant disrespect for the highest order of lifeform in their universe.

"You're right Aqua."  The young Arch-Wizard gasped, pulling the 'almighty' being away from her lips.  Aqua began to sigh a breath of relief when Megumin haphazardly casted the former Almighty aside.  "He's far too small.  Another Dragon or ten would be much more filling!"

"Well 'little' Megumin, unless you want to live here, this may be your last chance to have some."  Eris stated, reaching out and grabbing the discarded being out of the air.  "But the better question is what am I going to do with this little guy?"

"But... isn't he important?"  Chris asked nervously.  "Won't everything fall out of order?  THe entire universe will collapse!  Everyone we know and love will die!"

"Wait, what!?"  Megumin asked, this being far more important that filling her stomach.  "Mom and Dad?  Komekko?  Yunyun?  Chomusuke and Kazuma?  They're all going to die?"

"We must restore our Almighty immediately."  Darkness insisted, holding out her hand towards Eris.  "What fate befall us will be of our choosing, deciding to play your games Eris, but the people of our world had no say in this matter.  Your prank has gone too far this time."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Girls, everyone just calm down for a moment will you?"  Eris said, trying to defuse the situation.  "First I'll inform you all that your universe is just fine.  I've enjoyed our games so far, so I just hopped over real quick and stripped this little guy of his position  and privileges."  She explained, dropping the helpless being down her cleavage.  "I'm your 'Almighty' now."

"WHAT!?"  Aqua yelled in disbelief.  "You're the Boss now?"

"That's not possible... is it?"  Chris asked, equally surprised by this claim.  "I mean... he was the Almighty.  He created everything, controlled everything.  Our universe was as much a part of him as our organs are to us, only unlike our organs he didn't need us to exist."

"Yeah!  That's right!"  Aqua confirmed.  "The Boss is the only Boss Gods like me answer to!"

"Oh, really?"  Eris asked with a mischievous smile.  Snapping her fingers, Aqua felt something inside of her dispel, a restriction imposed on her, the geas that forbid her return to the realm of the Gods until she aided Kazuma's defeat of the Demon Lord.  Eris' smile only grew as she watched Aqua's eyes light up in this realization and the blue haired former goddess stared at her in amazement.  Before the sense of freedom could fully set in though, Eris snapped her fingers again to reinstate the geas binding Aqua.

"Boss!  Ha ha, you're looking very well today, what lovely hair you have."  Aqua quickly complimented, kneeling down and rubbing her hands together.  "Did you enjoy your trip?  Can I do anything for you?"

"I'm fine, thanks."  Eris replied, looking away from the pandering former deity.

"So... everyone'll be fine?"  Megumin asked mousily.

Smiling up the the giant girl, Eris nodded her head.  "Look, everything is fine, this isn't the first time I've taken a liking to a universe or stripped an 'Almighty' of their status.  Thankfully Almightys have a very hands off system set up in their universes, so all I have to do is provide a very small percentage of my power and everything will keep running like normal, so don't worry.  All that has happened now is that I can come visit you girls whenever I want."  She explained, as most of the worry on the girls' faces faded.  "Oh, and that I have complete and total control over everything from said universe and can manipulate people, monsters, gods, environments and planets at will."  She added, smiling at Megumin in particular, who froze for a moment as she 'slurp'ed a scaled tail into her mouth like a string of spaghetti.  "But that makes me get bored with the universe way too quickly, so I don't do that anymore.  So I probably won't show up one night to kidnap a certain adorable Crimson Demon Arch-Wizard."

"Not like I'm not already sleeping with one eye opened..."  Megumin whispered under her breath, avoiding eye contact with the multi-pastel color haired entity.

"I said probably."  Eris joked, sticking out her tongue.

Crossing her arms, Darkness nodded solemnly.  "So long as the fate of our world is not in jeopardy, what happens to cosmic beings is not a fight mere mortals should invovle themselves with."  She stated, leaving the ex-Almighty to whatever fate Eris thinks appropriate. 

"Okay, well I'll deal with him later, let's talk about what we're going to do for the final round!"  Eris said, shifting the topic of conversation as the table lit up in front of each of the players.  "Since this is our last round, I've decided that each of the players will get to choose the cards for this deck.  We'll each get to choose four pairs each, and the only one with limitations will be me, since some of the cards don't work on me."  She explained, motioning to the magical list before them.  "Oh, and no 'JESTER' or 'JOKER' cards."

"We're building the deck?"  Chris asked, excited but hesitant at the prospect.

Looking over the list real quick, eyes lighting up at the possibilities of some of the unused cards from the pool, Darkness raised a hand politely.  "Even if you say that, none of us would risk some the more extreme cards and won't we know who picked what?"  She asked.

"The lists aren't in the same order as everyone else's and your selections will be anonymous so don't hold back."  Eris encouraged, getting ready to select her choices when she heard a protest.

"Hey!  What about me!?"  Aqua whined, seeing that she did not have a list herself.

Letting out sigh, Eris looked to the tiny girl.  "You are a pet, Aqua, part of the game but not a player."  She explained, but could tell the tiny girl was about to throw a fit.  "But fine... I'll let you choose the bonus pair."  She added, snapping her fingers again.

"Yay!  Thank you Boss!"  Aqua cheered happily, running back over to Wiz.

"Great... now I'm her 'Boss'."  Eris uttered, heaving another sigh.

"I'm sure working under her is no better."  Chris offered with a weary smile.

"I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about it though."  The Sorceress joked back.

"Decisions, decisions..."  Megumin thought, scrolling through the list of cards to choose from.  Every so often, she would reach back to the bar and summon a dragon to snack on, effortlessly tossing the hissing monster into her mouth.  "Hmmm, let's see, I wouldn't want anything permanent used against me, so I'll avoid those ones.  But what would be fun to see happen?"

Darkness looked over the list before her, the elation of situations and senarios playing out in her mind shaking her very core.  "So many possibilities, but only a few opportunities with no certainty that I shall be the one to draw them.  I would do well to temper my selection, to check my greed."  She thought,  making her choices.

"Wh-what should I do?  What should I do?"  The kind-hearted No-Life-King worried, looking over the list in front of her as she thought about the current effects on everyone else.  "Currently I am the only one with a 'Permanency' placed on them..."  She contemplated, rubbing the shaft of the ridiculously oversized phallus Aqua placed on her.  "But it isn't all that bad, all things considered..."  The brown haired Lich thought, remembering the pleasures she's experienced since acquiring her member, especially the times in combination with Aqua.  "No... I should try to help, just in case..."  She decided, selecting the 'Freedom' card four times only to get an error telling her she couldn't select the same card more than twice.  "Oh, okay, so what else should I choose?"  While Wiz considered her options, she noticed Aqua approach with a wanting expression.  "Would you like to choose a card for me?"  She offered with a gentle smiling, offering a hand to lift her tiny pet up.

"Really!?"  The blue haired girl asked, jumping at the chance to add another interesting element to their game.

"I suppose I should hurry up too."  Chris thought to herself, seeing that everyone else seemed to have finished choosing.  "Well, might as well go out having as much fun as possible."  She decided, making her choices.

"Okay!  It looks like everyone is done making their choices, so let's see what the deck looks like this round."  Eris announced after a few minutes and all the players seemed to be waiting.  Snapping her fingers, the displays disappeared and a singular list appeared above the center of the table.  Smirking to herself, Eris was able to see who chose what cards.

     Anal Vore [Aqua]
     Anal Vore [Megumin]
     Breast Crush (Unaware) [Chris]
     Butt Crush (Unaware) (Unaware) [Darkness]
     Butt Crush (Unaware) (Unaware) [Megumin]
     Cursed Freedom [Wiz]
     Freedom [Wiz]
     Freedom [Wiz]
     Futanari [Chris]
     Futanari [Eris]
     Full Tour Vore [Eris]
     Foot Crush (Unaware) [Chris]
     Foot Crush (Unaware) [Megumin]
     Grow [Darkness]
     Grow [Darkness]
     Permanency [Chris]
     Permanency [Darkness]
     Permanency [Megumin]
     Shrink [Eris]
     Shrink [Eris]
     WILD [Wiz]

"Hmmm... that's odd.  Wiz doesn't seem like the kind of girl who would select something like 'Cursed Freedom'."  She thought, but other than that outlier, everyone's choices seemed appropriate.

"Alright.  Who chose 'Cursed Freedom'?"  Megumin asked immediately, pointing at what could likely be seen as the most dangerous card choice.  "Aqua?"  She asked accusingly, glaring at the former deity in question.

"She does seem to be to most likely suspect."  Darkness agreed, looking at Aqua with suspicion.

"You have no proof, just hurry up and play your stupid game so we can go home."  Aqua dismissively said.  "If I have to stay as this undead's pet any longer, I'm going to go crazy!"

"Right!  Well then let's get this final round under way!"  Eris declared, pressing the button to manifest the deck.  Shuffling skillfully, she dealt everyone's cards.  "Okay girls, you know what to do."  She said, looking at the 'Shrink', 'Cursed Freedom', and 'Anal Vore' cards in her hand.  "This should be fun."

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for taking so long to get another KonoSuba chapter up, I initially wanted to take a short break from the story only to lose my notes on the final game :(

But I found them again during my New Year clean-up, so we're back in action!

I know this chapter wasn't much for anything but exposition, but as you can see, the following ones will be packed with plenty of fun! ^^

Hope to see you then... whenever that is lol