- Text Size +

It had been a month in the new world, and Aron had become the new town chief. Angered by the fact that they had lied about the nature of the giants, Alos was cast away to wander alone in the forest. Meanwhile, Les's resolve had began to harden. The girl from the first day, Ameli, required constant counseling due to her near death experience. Others had been tortured since then by the one the tinies had resorted to calling "the dark one," but something about being the first made her a constant target. She was compressed, crushed, flicked, and thrown. Her body was battered and she had lost most of her sanity, to the point that the even mention of her tormenter would cause her to scream. Les was the only one willing to calm her, but deep down she knew that if she'd gone through what Ameli had gone through, she wouldn't be much different.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Did you feed them?" Mandy asked as she caught her partner walking out of the lab.

"Yea, I did my job. Your turn." Ashley poked Mandy's chest.

"I want you to start being more engaged in this experiment" Mandy pushed the hand away.

"Look, I do my job and you do yours. You have no idea how boring it is just delivering food every day, what am I, their butler?"

"Perhaps you're right..." Mandy suddenly got an idea. "Perhaps we can do something about that."

"Huh?"

"I'll talk to you about it tomorrow." Mandy smiled. "But for now, I have work to do."

Ashley watched as her partner gingerly stepped through the door like a kid walking through the entrance of an amusement park. She was weird.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I have a surprise for everyone!" The giantess spoke from the heavens, perched atop the hill she always stood on to begin her address.

"Today is a special day" The crowd had gathered, murmering.

"Today we'll have our first culling." She smiled. Gasps flowed through the village. Les and Aron hugged eachother tightly. Suddenly, someone screamed. Les turned to see Ameli screaming and running back into her house.

"Nevermind her" The giant spoke. "I don't want your weakest. I want..." She continued. "...Your leader."

Les gasped, looking at Aron, who's face had gone grim. The crowd murmured, and turned to look at Aron.

"What does she know? Send Alos.

"W-What? Me?" Alos stuttered.

"Yes, you're our leader. Go." Aron ordered.

Two large men grabbed Alos and forced him forward. He got up, and began to approach the giant.

Mandy frowned. She knew better. She'd watched the whole engagement, the tinies all looking at one of them, then forcing another forward. This bug wasn't the one she wanted. She turned her bare foot and gently kicked him away with her heel, sending the tiny flying backwards.

"I'm not stupid." She grunted. "Send me your REAL leader."
Les felt Aron let go of her, he looked back at her. "I have to go."

"A-Aron... Don't, we'll just send someone else."

"She KNOWS it's me, Les, there's no way out of this." He walked forward.

Mandy smiled. "That's more like it."

She raised her foot slightly as the tiny approached her.

Aron gulped as he saw the soft massive sole come into view. He knew she fully intended to kill him. There was nothing he could do but go out fearlessly. He had to show that even the largest giant could not phase the brave.

"Hi there!" Mandy talked down to the tiny below her. She dropped her toes on to the floor, causing a shockwave that shook the tiny to their core. "I'm going to kill you now, but first..." She raised her foot slightly. "I'm going to crumple you." She simply pushed the tiny over with her big toe, forcing them on the floor. She positioned her foot quickly, having his miniscule head between the relatively sizeable gap between her toes, and dropped down, blanketing his body with the ball of her foot. She watched as the crowd looked intently, with both morbid curiousity and absolute dread. She ever so slightly pressed down.

Aron screamed as nearly ever bone in his body was crushed at once.

"Now, for part two." Mandy had that fire in her eyes as they grew wide with intent. She was so focused that she barely saw the tiny girl running forward.

"Hey now, now's not the time to play, we're doing work, okay?" Mandy cooed as she used her other foot to shove Les away from her husband.

"You'll get your turn later, it's alright, I'm almost done, see?"

Les screamed as she watched the love of her life be picked up between the gaint toes, far above her, far above anyone to save him.

"Okay, take one last look everyone!" Mandy smiled as she held Aron's limp form between her big and second toe.

"3... 2... 1..."

Les shut her eyes.

"And gone!"