- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Blossom held her new friend and pet Julian against her tummy, just above her pouch, as she walked. Julian was looking down into Blossom’s furry compartment, hoping that he could have some time snuggling in her pouch at some point. Julian rounded the corner of the downstairs hall and entered the living room where her mother and father snuggled together, watching TV. “Hey, where’s Kim?” Blossom inquired, looking around the room for her feline sister.

“She’s out with her friends” Blossom’s mother informed. She looked over to her daughter to see a familiar little Neera against her daughter’s tummy. “I see you saved the little guy” Mrs Rooth observed. Blossom’s father, Mr Rooth, simply huffed. “Yeah… he’s just adorable… I was thinking of adopting the little guy…” Blossom informed, cuddling Julian close to her.

“What?” Mr Rooth spoke up, looking to his daughter.

“Oh come on sweetie, poor Blossom’s wanted a pet for so long, and you chased one right into her room. It’s obvious that she’d want to keep the little Neera. Besides, I’ve seen him around the house before when you’re not in… I’ve fed him. He feels at home here... why else would he keep coming back?” Mrs Rooth posed. Her husband remained silent for a moment.

“She’s… she’s just not ready… not ready to take care of something else”

“I am too!” Blossom retorted, frowning over to her father. She brought little Julian up to her cheek and held him against it, the Neera hugged into his protector and potential owner. “He’s staying with me, I’m going to take care of him, I’m going to feed him and wash him and clean up after him and everything” Blossom informed.

Her father sighed. He knew all too well that there was no point in arguing with a woman, especially one in his family. “Fine. As long as your mother is okay with it…” he mumbled, turning his attention back to the TV. Mrs Rooth was watching the Neera closely, her eyes flicked to her daughter. “Could you bring him over here, please? I want to have a closer look at him…” Mrs Rooth informed. Blossom nodded and walked over before removing Julian from her neck and holding him out in front of her mother at about Mrs Rooth’s chest height. The kangaroo smiled down to the Neera who returned it with one of his own, “H- Hello, Mrs Rooth…” he waved.

Mrs Rooth, and her daughter, cooed terribly. The mother waved back. “Hello little one, may I pick you up?” she inquired.

Julian nodded happily, “Of course you can!” He replied. Mrs Rooth giggled and cupped her hands behind the Neera before scooping him up and bringing him to her face. She smiled warmly to Julian. “So, my daughter wants to take you in, hm?”

“Y- Yes Mrs Rooth” he replied nervously.

“And why should I let her have you?” the kangaroo asked.

“Mother!” Blossom exclaimed, frowning at her mother’s approach to the situation. She crossed her arms. Mrs Rooth winked to her daughter.

“Will you be a good boy?” Mrs Rooth asked, Julian nodded. “Will you do what my family says? When we say it?” the mother kangaroo went on, Julian didn’t move for a moment. “I- I… don’t have any other choice…” he replied, glancing over to Blossom’s father, Mr Rooth. Julian gulped, thinking of what the consequence might be for disobeying any member of the family. Mrs Rooth moved a finger to the side of Julian’s face and gently pulled it so he faced her again. She smiled to the little Neera. “Don’t worry little one, I won’t let him hurt you… You’re part of the family now” Mrs Rooth smiled. Julian couldn’t help but smile also… he had a family again… “There’s the cute little smile I’ve been waiting for…” Mrs Rooth giggled, she brought Julian to her face where she gave him a friendly nuzzle, Julian hugged her during it and let go shortly after she’d finished. Mrs Rooth then held Julian out for Blossom to take. The teen did so without hesitation and kissed him all over. “My widdle cutie pie! Aww! We’re gonna have so much fun!” she cuddled the cute little Neera against her cheek before holding him out right in front of her face. “And as my little pet, you can have lots and lots of pouch playtime” she informed, moving her little pet down to her pouch before depositing him into it. Julian’s upper half stuck out over the top because Blossom positioned him in such a way that he wouldn’t slip in fully.  

Blossom, once she felt that Julian was safe and secure, moved into the kitchen and opened the snack cupboard. She then pulled out a bag of sweeties and some crackers too, only giving Julian a quick glance before Blossom moved back into the living room with the intention of getting to her bedroom without being noticed. But who’s ever passed their parents without being noticed? “Hold up there young lady” Mr Rooth spoke up. “Where do you think you’re going with those treats?” he asked.

Blossom sighed. “They’re not for me… Julian’s hungry, so I got him some nice things to eat” she informed, ruffling the Neera’s short brown hair. Julian rubbed his little cheek against Blossom’s tummy and did his best to rub her pouch. “Thank you, Mrs Blossom…”

“Aww! My little guy’s so adorable! But please, call me Blossom, not ‘Mrs-Blossom,’ okay?” she requested.

“O- Okay… Blossom” he replied, nodding to show the kangaroo that he understood what she was asking of him. She giggled in response and ruffled the little Neera’s hair. Then Blossom’s mother spoke up. “Just be sure not to fill yourselves up with sweets, we’re having dinner as soon as your sister gets home”

“Okay!” Blossom replied and quickly moved into the hallway before anyone could say anything else…