- Text Size +

Julian spent the rest of the night with his best friend Blossom in her bed – tucked away against her neck with the Titan-sized cover over his legs to keep him and Blossom warm. It was the first night Julian had ever slept in a proper bed. It was also the first time he had ever brushed and used mouthwash, well technically it wasn’t brushing as he used his finger, but it was good enough for him. Julian had trouble getting off to sleep at first because the pillow he was lying on felt far too soft under him. He felt as if he would just sink right in and get lost – until Blossom told him she was there for him that was… After that, he slept like a baby…

Morning came far quicker than Julian would have liked. He felt groggy and cold, he reached out around him for a cover or even some of Blossom’s fur, even if it was just for comfort, but he found nothing. Only a cold metal surface beneath his back and a bright light in a ceiling far, far above him. Julian covered his eyes and groaned as he rolled over. He was immediately hushed by someone and mumbled an apology in response. He listened carefully to try and determine who the other person was.  It could have been Mrs Rooth, seeing as Blossom and Kim were at school today. Or perhaps one of the  daughters chose to take Julian with them?

If that were the case, he secretly hoped it was Kim… Julian felt bad about how he reacted yesterday when Kim commented about Julian looking tasty. She was a feline after all – what more could he expect? He’d never heard of a Neko crying so much on account of a Neera before and Julian wanted to give Kim another chance. She deserved that much at least…

“You have an hour-fifteen minutes, you may begin” Someone announced loudly. It echoed around, what Julian believed to be, a large room or sports hall – not large by Neera standards, but by Titan standards. The Neera’s ears perked up and he listened attentively for any other voices. He heard no-one… But it was clear that he wasn’t at home with Mrs Rooth, it wasn’t her voice… He’d never heard that voice before… who was it? What did they want? An hour-fifteen? What does that mean?

Julian opened his eyes once more; he was staring down at his shadow and the light grey metal table. He looked around. On the table were a bunch of different snacks and sweeties as well as a few cans and bottles of liquid, all with colourful exteriors which were probably meant to be appealing to Titan teenagers from what Julian could tell. Julian then noticed a sign. It read ‘Please leave all snacks here for inspection with your name clearly labelled. They will be distributed to your pods upon the beginning of your examination…’

“Exams? I hate exams…” Julian mumbled. Being a Neera, education wasn’t exactly a must, it wasn’t even very common to find a Neera who could properly read but that wasn’t the life that Julian’s parents wanted for him… No, they always wanted something more from their son… Julian could feel the beginnings of an itch developing at about tummy level. He reached down to scratch it but felt his attempt being blocked by something tight… some kind of fabric…

Julian quickly stood up and looked down at the white material. Something was written on it but unfortunately Julian couldn’t read upside down writing. The Neera hustled over to a nearby can of drink. He looked at his slightly distorted figure. The can made Julian look fat… “Pod… 1-1-2-5… Kimberly Jane… Rooth…” Julian read out the fancy handwriting. He then looked further up the can to see the same label on it. Julian cocked his brow. What did this mean?

“Okay let’s start handing this stuff out…” Someone sighed from behind Julian. The Neera turned around in time to see a shadow looming over him. A Titan was picking him up and there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn’t even tell what the race of the being was but he had a feeling it was an Inu from the constant happy panting. The creature’s fist closed around Julian, encasing him in warm fur and soft paw pads as the Inu held him. “Oh! Don’t forget this! Looks like it’s the same one as that cute little Neera you have a hold of” someone handed something to the Inu.

“Thanks!” she replied happily. “I hope I’m not scaring the little cutie… I wish I didn’t have to give him to that cat… She looked pretty hungry when she dropped off the snoozing little guy…”

“Yeah but did you see the little smooch she gave him? There’s no way she’s going to eat him. No way! They obviously know each other well, I’d even say they were… lovers…” the second female giggled.

“Nu-uh! There’s no way!” The one holding Julian replied. “Well you didn’t see it obviously; she cares about him very much. I bet she cuddles and kisses him all the time. Did you see the little guy’s hard-on when she out him down?”

“Wasn’t so little!” Julian’s keeper replied quickly, giggling giddily at the gossip. Julian went red with embarrassment. “Best get him to his girlfriend… wouldn’t want to keep the two apart for too long…”  Julian thumped his fist against one of the Inu’s fingers in annoyance. The dog-girl giggled. “Oopsie! The little guy’s awake. I think we might have embarrassed him a little bit…” The Inu rolled her fingers over Julian, caressing him with her warm fur. Julian rubbed himself against her in response, making the woman coo.