- Text Size +

Yasmin didn't hold back at all. She felt herself shoot up, faster than a starting rocket, while under her feet Brisbane was waltzed into oblivion as she expanded. Vaguely Yasmin felt her heels getting wet as she grew so big that her ever-expanding feet touched the ocean. She got 5 miles, ten, twenty, fifty... and still she grew.

Through her closed eyes, the already 100 mile tall giga-giantess saw the light slowly dim. Instead of a faint pink, it became black. No wonder, since she already was so huge that her head slowly ascended into outer space. Her toes, topping every mountain range with ease, bulldozed all of Australia into huge crumbs.

Then Yasmin felt herself slowly being lifted up as Earth's gravity couldn't hold her back anymore. Her growing body slowly loosened itself from Earth's surface and entered the depths of space as she gained 1,000 miles. She drifted away, but still kept her eyes closed and growing.

CLUNK! Something hit Yasmin hard on her head. Opening her eyes and rubbing her head, she saw the moon. The orb was no bigger than a bowling ball to her, but its stony surface had proven to be able to hurt her badly still.

"Fuck!" she swore, accelerating her growth and seeing the moon shrink to the size of an apple. Irritated, she wound up and hit the moon hard with her fist. It exploded into countless chunks, surely to form a ring around Earth. If Earth would survive. It wouldn't.

The still growing giantess had become so huge in the meantime, Earth was nothing but a marble to her gargantuan form. The supertall, 300,000 mile tall Yasmin stopped her growth and looked at the tiny thing floating in front of her. Smiling, she carefully plucked it between thumb and index finger.

"The Earth. That stupid little Earth, with all those fish on it I had to sell. Away with it!" she muttered. And she pressed her fingers together, squeezing her home planet with all of humanity on it into oblivion. Everybody died.

As soon as the Earth was nothing but a string of powder, slowly becoming a second asteroid belt orbiting the sun, a strange vision appeared in Yasmin's brain. It was the image of the Kirin.

"Well done, fishwoman! Finally, after all these millenia, we have succeeded! The world is gone! You were our vessel of destruction! Ha, ha, ha!"

Yasmin frowned. What was this all about?

Slowly, the image of the Kirin changed. From the snake-like creature with antlers it changed into a being that resembled a small man, like a gnome. It had a gnarled face and a large head.

Yasmin thought she was imagining things, but it was like a television was playing inside her mind. The small creature grinned.

"I am an Amanojaku, a demon that tricks people into doing evil deeds. Our goal was to destroy the world ever since the gods, the kami, created it. Therefore, we waited for someone who thought life was so miserable and unfair that he or she could be manipulated to destroy the entire world. 

For many centuries, this was a problem. The Japanese proved to be people who take life as it is, and they are obedient and have a strong sense of community. Sure, we could make some of them do evil, but destroying the whole world, no. So we needed to wait for an outsider to appear, someone from another culture. It was hard, since Japan shut itself off for centuries and before never faced a real invasion of a foreign power. 

But then you appeared. A young woman who was cheated on, hated her job, and showed signs of misogyny. You were the right person. The liquid I gave you, disguised as a Kirin, didn't just contain the ability to grow, but it also made sure your evil side prevailed. 

Now that the world is destroyed, we have won our war with the gods by destroying their creation. Evil has won! Ha, ha, ha!"

Yasmin was baffled. And afraid. Had she been used all the time? Just as she wanted to speak, the Amanojaku concluded:

"Oh, and one more thing. The liquid also made sure the common laws of nature didn't apply to you. Or do you really believe a human being that big could live? Or that you could, like now, exist in the vacuüm of space? Of course not! But now that humanity is gone, we have no use for you. Therefore, and because you are a human as well, you must die too. Easy, I just cancel the effect of the liquid. You'll remain your current size, but...".

The Amanojaku grinned and disappeared. Immediately Yasmin became subject again to the laws of physics. Since a human being 300,000 miles tall couldn't exist, certainly not in space, she began dying. The lack of air pressure made her body liquids boil, she couldn't breathe anymore and felt a sharp pain in her chest. Her enormous heart, as big as a planet itself, stopped working. Yasmin lost consciousness within a few seconds, and died within half a minute.

All that was left was the corpse of her gargantuan body slowly being pulled into the sun, were it would eventually burn.

THE END