- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this chapter Zac finds a strange hidden clock that presents more questions than answers. 

            Zac lay on his back utterly dwarfed by the piano key he layed on. It was big enough to contain his body long ways and yet meant for a single giant finger. This new room was smaller than the others. The gray door on the opposite left wall looked unused furthermore it blocked off by a chair in fact the whole room was blocked off by chairs. The room was filled to the brim with various pieces furniture each cloaked under a white ghostly sheet, the kind of sheets a child would suspect of being ghosts. Zac inferred this was a storage room of some kind, the owner’s whoever they were, must have moved the ancient furniture they weren’t using for the haunted in here for an indefinite period.

On The opposite end of the room, halfway between the door and the other wall stood a Grandfather Clock, standing watch over the lifeless room. The clock didn’t read numbers however; instead the clock face was composed with a meter of some kind. The paneling was intricate, it was a dark brown oak polished to perfection. Carvings of Bat’s, pumpkins, and crescent moons covered the clock’s wood paneling. It was something out of a cheesy Halloween decoration, but the clock was not contemporary. It looked hundreds of years old; the wood was of fine quality. The more Zac looked at it the abnormalities like those he saw in it, and the more he was drawn to it.

Zac descended the Piano sliding down the instrument’s leg like a fire man on a pole. He walked underneath the ghostly fluttering sheets of white and among the forest of chair legs. Under normal circumstances he would have been too uncomfortable with doing such a thing. Christine would generally carry him around and he would use her to do things he didn’t want to do. He had done it when he asked her to go through the Haunted house with, detaching himself from the experience of a haunted house by several degrees. As he knew now that plan had backfired horribly on him. Christine was surely better off than him right now.

Finally he arrived at the base of the great Clock. More abnormalities made themselves apparent. For one the base of the clock was too small for it’s great size, it should not have been able to have stood for so long. Secondly, the Clock was bigger than the door. How could it have been fit into this room? Unless the room was built around the clock. Thirdly Zac noticed the Pendulum was still swinging. How? From the layer of dust stuck to Zac’s Show, and the chair blocking the door, it didn’t look like anybody had been here in a very long time. How could it still be going? Unless it had perpetual motion.

Zac climbed inside the inner workings with cogs and sprockets and gears all moving about in perfect time. He jumped and grabbed a chain as it came down, and held tight as it pulled him skyward. He jumped around from Gear to gear, and across the machinery like it was some kind of platforming video game, as if it were made to be climbed by a tiny man. He was almost mangled in the machinery a few times, but he managed to get out of the way in time. Finally he made it to the top, he got on his hands and knees and managed to squeeze out a tiny hole

On top of the Clock he took a step back and looked up. It was like trying to see a billboard from right in front of it, but he managed to make out the meter, it was like the gas meter on Christine’s car, on the left a great big ‘E’ on the right a great big ‘F’ the meter was just two ticks away from being full.

“That’s weird, what is this clock even supposed to be saying?” Zac thought aloud. Zac stood there for a moment watching it.

Then a girly scream came from above the ceiling and loud rumbling as the ceiling boards shook and dust rained down on Zac. He coughed after breathing in the dust.

“Christine!” He thought between coughs. “I have to get up there.”

 

            The tiny man ran around the clock face to the back, He gazed up at the ceiling a few feet above his head. If he were giant-sized he could easily have reached. But at his puny size it was like a cliff face. He looked around and saw a small gap between two boards leading up to a hole in the ceiling. He quickly made use of this and pushed his tiny body into the gap, using the tight fit to give him the pressure he needed to stay up. He pushed himself up to the in the floor and jumped to the hole just above him. He was off course worried about the deadly fall should he miss, but he was also had stopped caring about his safety after almost being caught by monster ladies.

            Zac felt his hand catch the wood grain, so small only his tiny fingers could find a grasp. He lifted his hand and grabbed hold of the wood grain five levels higher and then again until he was peaking out the whole in the floor boards one story higher. He quickly pulled himself up and onto the sturdy floor rolling away from the hole as soon as possible. He now found himself in the corner of a room behind a large green sitting chair. Which blocked his view of the rest of the room. It seemed to be fairly well lit by a soft yellow luminescent bulb. Zac crawled beneath the bulky plush sitting chair and looked out across the room. It had mostly open space in the center with a red patterned rug on most of the floor. Bookshelves lined the walls and dark green walls absorbed the light making it seemed darker and smaller than the room actually was.

            In the corner was Christine cornered by A Were wolf girl, and a Mummy girl. The were-wolf Girl snarled and hissed, standing on all fours. She had two wolf ears, and shaggy fur-like hair, which made it’s way down her back. Had fangs but a human face and a tail with gray fur like her hair. Opposite the Were wolf girl standing upright was a girl wrapped up in bandages from head to toe, She had a fine rack and a slender waist curving back out for her rear. She wore a pharaoh’s head robe and a fine golden necklace with a scarab beetle on it.

            “MMmmmm she looks delicious, can I eat?” snarled the were-wolf girl. “Absolutely not Cerberina, the countess forbade us from killing the guest.” Said the Mummy girl “At least not until we harvest all of her fear first. “Ahhh! No please I’ll do anything you want! Please just let me go.” Said Christine almost crying “This is supposed to be fun, you didn’t say anything about killing!”

            Christine grabbed a book from the bookshelf and hurled it at Cerberina, missing her by a mile it flew to Armchair, Cerberina took off after it, trotting right up to Zac who watched motionless as the girl grabbed the book with her scaring mouth of fangs and brought it back to Christine, happily setting it down by her feet. The Mummy girl face palmed.

            “Wha-what?” Christine said confused.

            Cerberina barked at her, and so Christine threw it again, and again Cerberina fetched it and brought it back.

“Wa-wait? Your actually like a dog?” Christine said.

Cerberina barked affirmatively. Christine reached out to pet her, but Cerberina bit the encroaching hand.

            “Yowiee” Christine Screamed “that hurt!” “Cerberina is Alpha wolf! No touching my hair! So can we eat her now Heket?” Cerberina asked the mummy girl. “For the last time fur-for-brains! No we can’t eat her! We have to wait for-“ “Heket, don’t speak to poor Cerberina so cruelly she’s trying her best.” Said a woman Dressed in Black who was just now strolling in From the left part of the room. “Countess…” Heket finished adopting a tone of respect. “We caught that Blonde chick who wandered in like you asked. Countess.” Said Heket proudly. “She’s the same one that got past Frankie and Judith.”

            “Excellent my dears you have done well, now let me attend to our guest.” Said the countess.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Three new monster's have been discovered and it turns out they all have names. What could the Countess be planning to do with Christine?