- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

More getting to know you stuff, though after a little wine, Sadie outlines some of her plans

A Glass after Supper

The appetizer and the main course were both very good as Sadie had said they would be. I was a little concerned how much of the wine she was downing, but she seemed to be handling it like a pro. Me on the other hand, three beers and I needed to take a leak like crazy. I excused myself and found the washroom and by the time I came back, the two cute smooching blondes had left.

Sitting back down at the table, Sadie looked at me and snickered. “What?” I asked.

“You’re a lightweight,” she chortled.

I was about to unleash a clever retort, but the brown haired woman from the booth came up to our table and sort of genuflected to Sadie, saying something in a language I didn’t know. Sadie replied and the woman nodded and left the restaurant leaving Sadie and I as the only remaining patrons.

“That’s rude,” I stated, pointing a finger at the woman and then Sadie, “talking in foreign tongues.”

“She works for my mother and just wanted to be polite,” Sadie answered, looking at her empty wine glass.

Who the hell was Adara Manse? It was obvious the woman could pull strings. Le Cosa Nostra? And I was her daughter’s ‘date’ for the evening? Great. Pointing at the vino in her glass, “I think perhaps maybe you have had enough,” I suggested. “Wouldn’t want you to be in your cups.”

“In my cups?” she asked, shaking her head and draining the last swallow out of the glass.

“Plastered, smashed, hammered,” I replied, using the usual colloquialisms for inebriated.

Holding up the now emptied wine glass, she looked at it. “How far do you think it is from the bottom of the bowl to the top of the lip?” she asked, a devilish grin appearing on her gorgeous mouth.

I looked at it. “I don’t know, four inches or so maybe,” I replied, shrugging.

Grinning, “Perfect,” she said, setting the glass back on the table and picking up the wine bottle. Checking to see how much fermented grape juice was left, she poured the remainder into her glass, filling it about a third of the way.

Toni appeared soundlessly, smiling. “Would either of you care for anything more? Dessert perhaps?” she inquired pleasantly.

“I would like to take the glass for later,” Sadie said, pointing to the glass with the wine in it.

Toni smiled and nodded, “Of course,” she replied. “If there is nothing further, buona sera.” Bringing her hands together, she bowed her head deferentially and departed.

I pulled out the credit card Noreen had given me at Miss Manse’s behest and set it on the table.

Sadie giggled and waved a hand at me, “Don’t worry about it, it’s covered,” she said, getting to her feet.

I frowned, “No check? Tip?” I asked. Service was good, food was good, seemed kind of rude not to leave a gratuity at least.

“Nope,” she responded, plucking her glass up off the table and tipping it forward and back making the contents swirl.

“I’m surprised they let you get away with that in here,” I said, sliding the credit card back into my pocket. Given the way everybody seemed to treating her like some kind of mob princess, I guess I really wasn’t overly surprised though.

Stepping around the table, she looped her arm through mine, in heels she was still a couple of inches shorter than me. My arm brushed against her side boob. Firm. I felt a stir in my loins.

Jeffrey was standing outside the car when we emerged, waiting near the rear door. Either Toni had let him know we were on our way out or he was standing there the whole time. As Sadie neared, he opened the door. Leaning her elbow against the edge of the car, she folded a leg up and slipped off first one and then the other of her heels before climbing inside and this time taking the other seat at the rear of the cabin next to the one I had been in.

Nodding to Jeffrey, I went in behind her and dropped into the seat adjacent.

Bringing the glass to her lips, she tipped her head back and emptied it. Pulling it away, she licked her lips and looked at me, “Don’t let me forget to bring this glass up with me,” she requested, holding it by the slender stem between us and giving me a distorted smile through the now empty bowl.

I shook my head, “What do you need the glass for?” I queried.

“For you,” she said mirthfully.

What? For me? I wasn’t planning on drinking anything more on account I still had to get back to my place later. Her comment didn’t make any kind of logical sense. “Me?” I asked, not entirely sure where this conversation was headed.

“I’m going to put you in it,” she stated. “When you said you didn’t want me in my cups, you gave me an idea, I’m going to put you in my cup, well my glass really,” she tittered, amused by the nonsensical idea.

I guess I was wrong about her being able to hold her liquor because obviously she was half snapped. “Put me in there? I think maybe you are a little drunk,” I chuckled and shook my head.

She shook her head, and chuckled back, “Do I seem like I’m drunk?” she inquired, tone innocent.

She kind of had a point. She sounded alright, I mean, she wasn’t slurring her words or increasing the volume on her speech, nor were her eyes glossed over. “Okay, where to now? Home?” I asked, hopeful to get the evening over with.

Setting the glass to the side, she turned in her seat and put her hands on my leg. “After I put you in the little glass, I’m going to let you watch me strip,” she advised, her green eyes eerily luminous, like tapedum lucidum, fixed on mine, body swaying ever so slightly like a King Cobra trying to hypnotize her prey. Goddamn was she sexy and did she ever know it.

Breaking her gaze, I looked away, “I don’t think I will fit, it needs to be at least three times larger than that,” I said, doing my best Ben Stiller Zoolander impersonation.

Leaning in close, “I wish I could take you home with me,” she breathed warmly on my neck, the exhalation carrying a hint of wine.

“We are going home,” I informed, grinning.

“Not my mom’s apartment, I meant my home silly boy,” she clarified, twisting and throwing a leg over me and straddling my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

She told you Lew...