- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story follows directly on First Love Part 2, so please read the first two stories before reading this one. I want to tell the story from the perspectives of multiple characters, but most of it will be from the point-of-view of the lead character, Alex.

It had been nearly three whole months since the shrinking incident, and by now I couldn’t imagine any other kind of life than the one I was living now. I, Alex Hamilton, was still stuck being tiny – less than two inches in height – and still completely reliant on my girlfriend Emily for my survival. We were still very much in love, though of course not every day was a happy one. There were times when my unfortunate situation almost became too much for me to bear, and then there were periods where my wonderful girlfriend  showed that – all appearances to the contrary – she was not a perfect goddess, but a flawed human being just like me. We had our arguments and our disagreements – like any other couple, I suppose – but we were still together, and that was all that mattered to me.

Some days I couldn’t help but feel guilty for putting Emily in this situation, where she felt obliged to look after me and keep me safe. Despite not having had a good relationship with my parents (before being shrunk, of course), I had offered to return to them, just in case Emily was tired of looking after me, or if she felt that I was holding her back in life somehow, or even if she simply grew tired of having a boyfriend who was smaller than her little finger and wanted someone more normal. She never took me up on that offer. Despite everything, I finally accepted that she did in fact truly care for me, and that she loved me just as much as I loved her.

Not long after the new year began, Emily decided to move to new apartment, one that was a lot closer to her college. She had also decided to start looking for a job, even a part-time one, instead of continuing to live on the money her parents had left for her. Of course I hadn’t wanted to leave the apartment I was so familiar with (and which would’ve been mine, had I not had my ‘accident’), but arguing with a girl who was the size of a skyscraper compared to you was not easy! Eventually I agreed, and she took me along to our new residence, keeping me a secret from everyone of course.

Besides Emily, only a few people knew about me – several of her female friends, her little sister, Katie (who really liked me and thought I was ‘totally awesome’), and a woman named Diane, with whom I had had a most unfortunate experience and whom I would like to forget as quickly as possible. We had talked about taking me to a doctor or scientist of some sort, who could possibly figure out what had happened to me, and whether or not there was anything that could be done to restore me to my normal size. In the end we both decided against it, not only because of all the publicity it would no doubt cause, but because we were both more-or-less happy with the way things were. Of course, if I ever became seriously ill or suffered a life-threatening injury, going to a doctor would be a necessity. Apart from a few bouts of the cold, however, I had been in pretty good health since the day Emily found me.

My life was about to undergo some pretty big changes, however. The first thing that happened was the fact that we now had a roommate. It was a girl named Sarah, who was about a year older than Emily. She was also a student who had chosen this apartment for its location. Since we were going to be living together, Emily decided that Sarah would need to know about me. Before we moved in, I was introduced to our new roommate, who reacted pretty much as I had expected her to react. After the initial shock, she was at first completely creeped out by me and by the fact that Emily thought of me as her boyfriend, and not as a freak or something to keep as a pet. Eventually, I knew, she would grow used to the thought of someone like me sharing her and Emily’s apartment.

Sarah was a very pleasant girl, despite her early feelings of aversion towards me, and she was very attractive as well, with a charming, sweet face and long auburn hair. It would be a lie to say that I didn’t feel some sort of attraction towards her, but I didn’t desire her the way I did my own girlfriend. I would never be able to look at another girl the way I looked at Emily, who was not only the most beautiful girl I had ever known, but the most kind and affectionate person as well. Besides, Sarah already had a boyfriend. And that was what led to the second big event in my new life.

It didn’t take long for Sarah, after Emily and I had moved in with her, to suggest that the two of us should meet her boyfriend, Evan. Emily wasn’t too keen on the idea of letting yet one more person know about her ‘little secret’, but Sarah eventually managed to change her mind on the issue. That left me alone opposed to the idea.

“Don’t you think some contact with another guy might be a good thing for you, Alex?” Emily asked, while we were arguing about the matter. “I mean, I’ve introduced you to how many people now? Let’s see…”

“Seven people,” I said. I had kept count.

“That’s right…and all of them are girls! Don’t you think it’s about time you made some male friends as well? Or…and please don’t tell me this is true…are you afraid I’ll leave you and go chasing after the first regular-sized guy I meet? Because, if that’s the case…”

“No, it’s not that! Why would I even think that? I know you love me very much, just like I love you…I’m just a bit scared, okay?”

“Scared? Of Evan? Or scared that he’ll tell others about you…about us? You know that no-one will believe him if he does, right? It’s like I’ve told you every time I introduced you to one of my friends. I want our relationship to stay a secret from the world just as much as you do. But, sooner or later, we’re gonna have to start trusting other people and letting them in, otherwise we’ll have nothing but each other soon.”

I, personally, wouldn’t have minded one bit if Emily and I had been the only two people on earth. But I knew that having a social life was important to her, and I couldn’t deny her that just because I wasn’t comfortable with it. I was just much more of an introvert than she was.

The real reason I didn’t want to meet Evan was because it would remind me of how I had been once – normal. It was one thing being surrounded by giant-sized girls – which was something I strangely enjoyed – but seeing a guy who was able to lift me with one of his fingers would only make me feel jealous and envious and inferior. I wanted Emily to see me as the man of her dreams, but that would be difficult if I was suddenly thrown into comparison with someone who was physically superior to me in every way. In the end, though, I agreed to her and Sarah’s proposal. I began to feel like I was acting childish and, besides, Emily must run into hundreds of other guys my age at college – or anywhere in the outside world, really – and so far she hasn’t been unfaithful to me once.

The date was arranged for the Saturday just before the first week of classes began after the winter holidays. I called it a date because that was what Sarah wanted it to be. She and Evan and Emily and I would all be going out together – just two couples hanging out and getting to know one another. What could be more normal than that? I could ride along on Emily’s shoulder and experience the outside world, and hopefully no-one would see me. Or she could hide me away in her pocket or purse, and only take me out when it was safe to do so. In any case, there was no way for me to escape from this situation.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.