- Text Size +

Marlin sprinted towards his manager's office. He knew this mess must stop at once before it all gets out of hand. He was considering the possibility of management ignoring him and not doing anything. Of course, corporate structures are notorious for this, but not when dealing between a manager and his reports. They will surely be receptive.

He arrived near the manager's office with anger in his face. He knew he had to calm down first and gather himself. As he was preparing to approach the receptionist, he saw Finley exiting the manager's office. "What was she doing there?" he thought.

She saw him, and then quickly started approaching. His heart felt like dropping as her heels' click-clack was getting closer, and her figure was getting larger as she approached. Why was he so scared? He told himself that he should be more brave and face them.

Finley: "What are you doing here Marlin?"

She finally got close enough until she was looking down to him.

Marlin: "Uhh... I came here to talk to the uhh manager. Now if you can excuse me, I'm going to -"

He started to turn away to escape further conversation and head to the receptionist, but Finley extended her arms and held him in place quickly. "Wait!" she said loudly. He tried to let go, but she held him tight. "What the!" he thought to himself. "she's way stronger than I thought. How can she stop me in my tracks so easily".

Finley: "Wait, you can't go. We have an urgent meeting with a high-profile client. Put your best on and we have to leave immediately".

Marlin was confused. "Wha - a high profile client? Why didn't I know of this? Why did they not tell me?"

Finley smiled and held in a laugh "I'm just telling you now. Look, we don't have time. We need to GO. Come on".

Marlin quickly packed what he has, met Finley at the door, and left with her. She raised the keys, signaling for him to take them. "you drive us" she said.

....

On the way there, Marlin kept noticing that Finley was taking very frequent peeks at him, often either showing an innocent smile or holding in a small laugh. She would eye him up and down and continue to do this. He couldn't not say anything, so he finally asked "is something wrong? Why are you looking at me like this?"

Finley: "Haha... Marlin... Does it ever get hard being such a short guy?"

Marlin blushed hard. "What? Why are you asking this?"

Finley: "you know, you're a fairly short guy, and I wonder if it ever gets hard. I have girl friends who are short, but I can't imagine how embarrassing and humiliating for a guy to be so short! How do you feel Marlin?"

Marlin: "I'm... I'm not embarrassed!! I'm proud of who I am and how I am!" he began sounding a little angry

Finley: "Aww... Well I bet it must be nice seeing every woman around you look so tall and pretty. I mean, they must look really beautiful when you stand so *puny* next to them. Is that right Marlin? Do you like that?"

Marlin: "Finley, these questions are inappropriate. Stop asking them please!"

Finley "Awhh" she patted his head "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just think your height is so cute!"

Luckily for Marlin, they finally arrived. He eagerly got out of the car and hurried to try to avoid the embarrassment she put him under. He wanted to keep a distance, so he started walking before she called him back.

Finley: "Hey wait!!"

She approached him again. He hated how he focused on her height so much every time, looking up in surprise. She then handed him her suit case and her paper work for the meeting. "carry this".

He held onto it without thinking twice, but then started wondering why was she making him carry it all. She was empty handed!

He didn't want more trouble, he just wanted to get this encounter over with, so he decided to walk towards the meeting room. He tried to stay ahead of her by walking faster, but having a load to carry, and having shrunken legs all did not play into his advantage, and she kept up with him. Thankfully, it wasn't far.

When we arrived inside, Finley immediately recognized our clients and walked over while greeting them, and Marlin followed suit.

All eyes, especially the clients, were all on Finley. She was certainly the tallest person in the room, and her red high heels only further emphasized her height, and the beauty of her legs, topped by her black, professional work attire. She really looked both gorgeous and powerful.

He felt very uncomfortable about the fact that Finley was playing such a main role in this, and he appeared as secondary, desperately trying to keep up. He did not want it to be like this. He has to show that no matter how much height he lost, he is still the leader. He attempted to make his best impression in the greeting and introduction, until Finley cut him off.

Finley: "ouch, my shoe!". She stopped in her tracks while we were walking. They all looked down and noticed that her high heel shoe came off. "Marlin, help me put it back on!"

Marlin: "What the - what, no!". He said. 'why can't she do it herself', he thought.

Finley, with a more whispery voice, said "I am trying to secure a deal here, stop acting like a child!"

Marlin: "Don't you see I'm carrying everything! My hands aren't free. Let me do the talking"

Finley then gave Marlin a big frown and gestured again to him. Looking at her looming face, he felt so much fear. He felt too powerless to disobey her. He almost could not control himself.

Full of defeat, Marlin finally dropped to his knees, and reached out and grabbed Finley's shoe. It was. Shiny and black colored close-toed heel.

Marlin looked back up and saw Finley staring admirably at him, almost enjoying her newfound position above him, while he looked below her. Even the clients were looking down at him appalled by the scene before them. A man kneeling before his coworker, putting her shoe back on her feet like a servant. It felt very humiliating.

He grabbed her bare foot in his hand, and it felt very soft in his hand that he stopped for a moment. He noted her elegantly pink painted nails on her long toes that wiggled for a second as he felt the softness of her soles, and he felt a strong rush. He felt so embarrassed that he was so aroused by her foot. He'd never felt something like this before. He felt an immense urge to lean in and kiss her beautiful foot, and he was almost sweating as he fought this feeling with all his might.

Suddenly, he felt his heart sinking.