- Text Size +

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

They started off around 8 and headed south along the river. He stopped around noon for her to get a drink and to pee. Niles caught her a family of bears to eat but she didn't have the heart to eat the cubs. "You might as well. What did you think would happen to them after gulping down their momma and papa?" he asked. Mayra turned away. Niles watched as the giant woman, heartbroken over what she did, cried. Niles was an expert on reading people. Fake tears he'd seen aplenty but there was genuine remorse with her. The more and more he watched her, the more she seemed human. Worse yet she was a civilian. Niles had a thing about no harm coming to civilians. He didn't care to admit it but this mission was pushing him to the breaking point.  

 

"They're young but there's plenty of deer and rabbits and shit for them to find since people evacuated away from the cities and battle lines. They should be fine" he said. "Really?" she asked looking down at the man standing in front of his machine drinking water. "You're not just saying that are you?" she asked. Niles took another drink and watched the cubs scamper off as quick as they could. "Not lying" he said. "Thank you" she said reaching down for him. 044 auto targeted the giantess and she flinched. "Hold fire!" he yelled. Mayra was shaking. "I...I just wanted to hug you to thank you" she stammered. Niles sighed. "Go...go ahead" he said. Mayra looked shocked this time. "Before I change my mind" he said. She gently and very slowly picked him up and hugged him to her chest between her large breasts. Niles wanted to panic. She could crush him multiple ways if she wanted but there was a sweet alluring smell coming from him. That and her steady heartbeat. "Put me down. I said PUT ME DOWN!" he screamed. Mayra flinched at him screaming and put him down. Niles wiped his brown and paced around. "This is wrong! This is unacceptable! This is not now to deal with the enemy!" he yelled. "Enemy? Is that how you see me Gantz?" she asked. Niles didn't look at her. "Look at me!" she yelled. Niles looked and saw she had stripped naked. "Ehat...ehat part of me looks like an enemy? My size? Is that it? Is that why you don't want to care about me?" she said voice quivering. "I have feelings just like you. Wants and desires. I won't lie. I want you so badly it hurts but what hurts more is that you hate me. I'll gladly go wherever you want me to if you can just admit you have feelings for me. Can you do that?" she asked.

 

Niles closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Yeah. I have feelings for you and they're giving me big trouble. I'm a soldier Mayra! I have a duty! Sworn to protect the Union from any threat! I don't have the luxury of feelings!" he screamed. "Then what makes you different from your big robot over there? Why does your people bother with having pilots? Wouldn't drones do the work? Gantz...what we want to do isn't always what we have to do. Whatever God you believe in gave you a heart. You choose to be who you want to be. I am Mayra, lover of humans who wants to live in peace here on your beautiful world. Who are you Gantz? A soldier who has to live like he's dead inside or are you man who acknowledges he has feelings, the ability to choose, be the person HE wants to be. As I see it the Empress army and yours are two sides of the same shit dipped coin" she said.

 

Niles had no comeback. Mayra moved slightly as her baby kicked. He slowly approached her. He looked at her not with anger, malice, or disdain. "You don't know anything about me. How could you care about me?" he asked. "I saw the look on your face last night when you finished watching what you were watching. Doubt. That told me you weren't a cold killer. A ruthless soldier. You have a conscience. A heart. You seem so broken inside and I have a soft spot for little guys that are hurting" she said reaching out for him. Niles didn't flinch as he wrapped her fingers around his body.

 

She brought him to her face. Niles looked deep into her eyes. Her pupils were black as the darkest void but he could see himself in the reflection. They narrowed as her vision focused on the small man in front of them. "She won't shoot me if I kiss you will she?" she asked. Niles grinned "044. Stand down. Sentry mode" he said. She brought him to her lips. Niles leaned in and kissed her lower lip. He was shocked at how smooth and soft it was. Like kissing a warm fine cotton towel. Her lips slightly parted he felt her moist breath escape her mouth and run through his hair and down the back of his flight suit. She returned his kiss. Niles shuttered slightly as he felt a slight suction on his clothes.

 

Mayra pulled him back. Her face was flushed. She smiled warmly to him...and then sneezed. Niles was aghast. "Oh god...I'm sorry...oh fuck it's all over you" Mayra said sniffling. Niles was dripping with saliva and snot. He shook the oozing mess off him. "Let me put you down. You can use the river to clean up" she said placing him down. Niles took off all his clothes and calmly washed them and himself in the warm water of the Rhine. "You're mad aren't you?" Mayra asked. "No. Creeped the fuck out but not mad" he said before dunking his head in the water. "Guess that ruined the moment" she said. "Doesn't have to" he said turning to her. Niles stepped out of the water and walked towards her. He stopped right at her right foot. Her foot was facing downright next to her left one. Legs together. "You have pretty feet. Wouldn't expect it for someone your size" he said touching her toenail. "Actually, I pride myself on taking care of my feet" she said blushing. Niles rubbed the side of her big toe and it scrunched. "I'm ticklish" she said quietly. Niles kissed her toe and playfully patted the large digit. Mayra kept her eyes locked on him as he walked between her legs. She parted them for him and held her breath as he made his way to her vagina. "Incredible" he said staring at the sheer size. More than big enough to swallow him up. He could only imagine how bigger it would be the moment she gave birth.

 

"Please..please touch it" she cooed. He did. His hands touching the other labia at first and stocking his entire arm inside her. Mayra let out a cute yelp as he did. "You can actually feel that?" he asked surprised. She nodded. "Ingress girls are very sensitive down there. Especially during pregnancy. We...ohhhh...we have more nerve clusters than human girls there...faster Gantz" she said. "Niles. My first name is Niles" he said licking a drop of her juices off her. It was sweet as honey to him. Niles had experience with this sort of thing of course but this was on a different level. Her heat was making him sweat. Her musky smell was balanced with the sweet aroma of her natural wetness. His cock was so hard it nearly hurt. He had to fuck this giant woman. It wasn't a choice for him anymore. Every instinct he had said to mount her anyway he could and hump until his life-giving fluid was within her. Mayra felt it and looked down his hands wrapped around her crotch but there was no mistaking it she was being poked by something tiny. "You're fucking me. You're fucking me" she said with a whispered joy. She looked up into the blue sky. Her tongue hung out her mouth. She was lost in euphoria as the tiny human made love to her. She felt it in every cell of her body. The connection her instincts craved. Niles came with no warning except a grunt. Strong but gentle, she held him to her pussy with the palm of her hand and rubbed his body deeper into her. "Oh god. Oh god I'm burning! Niles!" she shouted as she came. He felt her pussy spasm twice as she leaked all over him.

 

Mayra looked at him with a contented smile. A single tear fell from her eye as she washed him clean. "I didn't hurt you did I?" she asked. Niles shook his head. "She brought him up to kiss him but a deep craving still held sway in her mind. "Trust me" she said as her body quivered. Her giant lips milked his dick gently. Luckily, he was held in place for if not he surely would've lost his balance as his knees gave way to the best blowjob of his life. He rubbed and petted her upper lip and fucked her mouth. "I'm going to cum" he said. Mayra opened her mouth wider just at the moment he did. Tiny spurts landed on her tongue and she moaned in satisfaction. "You're so delicious" she said. She eyed hi and licked her lips. Her tongue licking her teeth. "I could just eat you alive" she said with a growl. Niles tensed up. "Kidding! I'd never do that...never" she said holding him to her protectively. He was just a foot away from her left nipple. It was leaking milk again. No doubt from her earlier arousal.

 

Niles climbed up and squeezed it. A trickle came out. He bit it and she gasped. A steady stream came out and he drank it. "You're the one that's delicious" he said. "Stop! That's embarrassing!" she said. "No it's not. It's beautiful" he said. "Pilot Gantz. We must leave if we are to arrive on time" 044 said. "Understood" he sighed. Both got dressed and continued on. Both talked about each other. Niles learned that Mayra was an only child and only seen her father twice. He got an in-depth view on her culture. Things that weren't covered in briefings. For one thing, it was highly unusual for men to stick around after women got pregnant. Women were the ones that controlled the hierarchy. An edict made by an Empress decades prior. Her culture (prewar one) was all but gone. The worship of gods outlawed. Only the Empress was to be worshiped. What troubled him the most though was how civilians were treated. Second class citizens at best. It was commonplace for a soldier to rape a civilian if it was mating time. Officers were the worst. Mayra explained how years ago, she had a male friend she liked when she was 14. One day as they were playing, a female officer approached them. The officer took the boy away and he wasn't seen again for two days. When he returned, he screamed when any female touched him. There were cuts and bite marks all over him. It hurt her the most when he screamed when she touched him.

 

"Even a giant isn't immune to suffering" he thought. Her stories reminded him of the turbulent 20th and early 21st century. Could humanity give them a home? Would it be safe? He found himself really asking this now. "So what about you? Ehat was your childhood like?" she asked. "Nothing like yours. Two parents and an older sister. Father was a Lt. Colonel in the Union military. Duty and honor and all that. When I turned 16 I joined the military like he did. Went through a special academy that my father rigged for me. The others hated my ass. Thought I was coasting along because of my father's connections. Turns out I'm a good shot. Even won a tournament. One day this woman walks up to me and tells me I can do more in her division. Omega was the name. I said alright and there I was killing bad guys to keep the world turning. Lately though, I wonder who the bad guys really are" he said. Mayra nodded.

 

"Omega is the name of the people that want me?" she asked. "Yeah, they...they make sure that threats to the Union disappear" he said. Mayra looked at him in a panic" NO! That's not what I meant! They don't want to kill you. I'd never...they want you to make so Ingress can't heal fast anymore. That's all" he said. Niles touched her shoulder with his armored hand. "Will you be there with me?" she asked. "Yeah. I'll be there too" he said. "Then it won't be so bad then..." she said softly. Niles felt bad for her. He wasn't naive to think she would be treated like any other worker there. She'd be under constant guard, probably chained, and forced to sleep in a cell with just a bed, toilet, and sink. Hell, they wouldn't even let her shower by herself. He didn't want to think about what will happen when her baby was born. He could guess though. The baby would be in a secure part of the base and Mayra would only be allowed to see her when they wanted to keep her pacified. Like an animal.

 

Niles began searching for a broadcast to distract him. He found one that wasn't blacklisted by 044. "This is Potluck, a voice of the resistance, broadcasting from my hidden location. In the news, the Union and Ingress coalition has succeeded in taking back London but the old city has seen better days folks. The losses are numbered in the thousands and more than a few of our giant friends are mourning their losses. Goes to show you that grief knows no boundaries. So, let's have a moment of silence for those who gave it their all so both species can experience freedom................thanks. I need cheering up. Bet you folks out there do too. Why don't your buddy Potluck play an oldie to liven things up a bit.

 

(What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong begins playing)

 

Mayra gripped his metallic hand. His sensors could detect her heart rate elevate slightly. Her breathing increase. She was quietly sobbing. "It's so beautiful" she said. Niles pounded his console with his fist. He had enough. Leading her to a cruel imprisonment was too much even for him. A thought entered his mind. What if he left Omega? Not just left but took her with him. Find a safe place where they were taking refugees in. Maybe even join the Union. "How? They would hunt us down if I don't return?  I can't even fly. Oh...that...that might work" he thought.  "044. Switch to autopilot. I'm getting out" he said popping his hatch. He had the STRIKE X carry him over to Mayra and deposit him on her shoulder. She looked over surprised as he held her hair for balance. He motioned for her to pick him up and pointed to her ear. Her ear canal was a big as his head, deep, and no telling how sensitive the giantess' hearing was. It better be for his sake.

 

"Listen carefully. Don't say a word. 044 is listening to everything we say. Just nod. Got it?" he asked. She nodded. "You're not staying there. I won't let it. It's wrong. They'll use your baby was leverage and you never see the light of day again. They may even kill you once you've done what they want" he whispered. She tensed up immediately. Her body started shaking. "I said I won't let that happen! This is what we're going to do. We're going to the base as planned but I'm going to wait until they fix my machine. With that well take our chances and fly out of there. I just need you to hang on for two or three days. Understood?" he asked. A tear fell from her eyes as she nodded. "Alright. I love you" he said. "Place me between your tits" he said firmly. Mayra was surprised at his tone. "You Ingress need to learn your place. Trying to seduce me? Idiot. You better get used to humans giving you orders because that's what your future is going to be like. Now prop up those pretty fucking feet on the dash. Give me something nice to look at while we head back" he said coldly. Mayra slid off her footwear and did as told.

 

He looked at her and pointed to his machine to signal he was only playing. Niles actually fell asleep looking at her giant toes. Mayra, enjoyed the man sleeping between her breasts. She knew the risk he was going to take for her. She couldn't understand how her kind could be cruel to such creatures. They hadn't known each other a full two days and they were in love. "How can we kill such creatures so open to love?" she said quietly. She rubbed his sleeping body with her finger lovingly.

 

Hours later, 044 abruptly stopped. Mayra barely had time to catch Niles as inertia propelled him forward. "Jesus 044! What the hell?!" he yelled. "My sensors have detected a large heat source 0.6 miles east of our location. It is giving off illumination" she said. Niles hopped back in to get a better idea of what it was. "Can you clean this up?" he asked looking at an orangey washed out infrared scan. A bright white blob was in the center. "Negative. Geothermal activity is clouding scans" she said. "Switch to night vision and magnify" he said. Niles saw it was an enormous campfire. Tents all around it and two female Ingress soldiers pacing around it. Niles turned the vehicle off.   

 

"Mayra. Out of the vehicle. We got company" he said. Niles led her to a hill that overlooked the campsite. He had her lay low. "Can we go around them?" she asked. "Unlikely. That giant engine in there isn't quiet. Surprised they haven’t heard it yet. Looks like I'm going to have to take the fight to them. Stay here when the shooting starts and don't go towards the vehicle. They might target it" he said. Taking his plasma sniper off his back. Niles zoomed his scope in on his first target. The giant soldier paced back and forth holding her rifle nervously. She had no idea someone was aiming right for her head. Niles steadied his breathing as neural feedback caused his aim to drift. "Something is off" he muttered. The soldier he was aiming at was disheveled. Her uniform dirty and torn.  Fresh wounds on her face and exposed arm signaled she had been hurt very well and recent if her metabolism hadn't healed her already. She paced as if she expected an attack at any moment. "Fuck it" he muttered as his finger began to squeeze the 3-ft. trigger.

 

"Shit!" he said out loud as his aim was blocked by none other than a child. "What the hell? She can't be a soldier!" he said. "What? A child?" Mayra asked. "A kid. Mayra, she can't be any older than 6! I'm staring at a 43 ft. Ingress kid! Fuck is this?!" he said. "Oh my god Niles. They're refugees. Some soldiers must've smuggled their families here and went AWOL. Please don't shoot them" she said. Niles turned his machine to face her. "Course I won't" he said. "Pilot Gantz. Enemy soldiers are present. Eliminate the targets to ensure mission success" 044 said. "Negative 044. We will do no such thing" he said. "Error. Refusal to fire violates protocol. Targets are locked. Chance of success is 99.93%. Fire" she said. "I said no! Override code Gantz Alpha 024 Tango!" he yelled. "Code accepted. Pilot has full control over target priority" he said. Niles breathed a sigh of relief as target reticles disappeared, especially off the little giantess girl.

 

"Thanks....AHHH....AHHHHH...ACHOOO!" she yelled. A shotgun splatter of snot pelted the STRIKE X's chest. They both heard her sneeze echo out away from them. "We have got to get you some cold medicine" Niles said. Mayra giggled until a plasma bolt streaked just feet above their heads. Another and another whizzed by. Some fell short and hit the ground tearing holes out in the hill. "We're not going back! You can tell the Empress we won't kill for her again!"  a woman shouted. "They think we're with the Empress!" Mayra yelled. "Yeah no shit!" Niles yelled. "Stop firing!" Mayra yelled standing. Niles yanked her back down. "They're too scared to listen! Just hang back!" Niles said dashing over the hill. With mechanical legs, he covered the distance faster than an Ingress could. He couldn't shoot back but that didn't mean they had the same issue. Niles sighed and zagged as best as he could. A stray bolt hit his shields and he stumbled. He quickly got his footing and kept running. To the refugees, the moonless night hid whomever was coming. A tall lightning fast shadow was coming for them and it terrified them.

 

Night vision showed him that some refugees had pistols themselves. Desperate to defend their children. He hit the perimeter and dove right at the closest soldier. The campfire illuminated them. The shooting stopped but all guns were trained on him. "Shoot me and the explosion will kill you all. Do not fire. I’m not here to hurt you" he said calmly. "Then why are you armed? One asked. "If giant people invaded your world, wouldn't you be armed too?" he answered. "Get off him. Can't you see who this is? It's the Aaron Pherson person! The one everyone is talking about!" the other soldier blurted. Everyone backed away and lowered their weapons. "Thanks but I'm not him. Just a guy wearing a similar set of clothes. I have your word you won't shoot? he asked. "You have our word armored one" an older woman said bowing. Niles was surprised at how quickly they accepted him and motioned for Mayra to come out of hiding.

 

"My word! Such a mother so close to her date traveling?! This will not do at all. Quickly! Food and water!" the older woman barked. "Thank you matriarch" Mayra said being led to a tent. "I take it you're refugees" Niles said. "If you mean Ingress that rather live here in peace among humans instead of killing them then yes" the younger soldier replied. "I meant no disrespect. I was curious especially after seeing you brought children with you" he said pointing to the girl from before hiding behind a food crate. "Sorry. We haven't had a good night's sleep since we ran off. We heard a loud voice and thought the worst" she said. "That voice was my friend sneezing" he said laughing. The young giantess blushed and laughed. She walked over to the crate and sat down brushing sweat from her brow. "I needed that laugh. Me and my lieutenant have been on edge fearing retaliation since we paid a transport hub officer to smuggle all of us to Earth. A collection of food and water and that was it. Hell I haven't showered or changed clothes for 4 days. I'm betting I'm pretty ripe" she said sniffing herself.

 

"It can be like that" Niles said. "So is that your mate? She carrying your child?" she asked. "Yeah, I guess she is" he said. The giantess looked puzzled by the answer. "The baby isn't mine. The human father...died" he said. The Ingress nodded understanding that. "My god. The stories are true. We can have children by you tiny people" she said. "All true" he said. Being on more friendly terms, he popped the hatch and stepped onto the mechanical hand. "I...I had expected you to be older" she said. "I guess I'll take that as a compliment" Niles said. A box of food fell to the ground loudly. The girl from before was responsible. "Atlee!" the woman shouted. The girl looked down at her feet guiltily. "Sorry mommy" she said. Niles looked at the woman surprised. "So the stories are true about some of you having kids at an early age" Niles said. "Yeah. I gave birth to my little girl when I was 15. Her father was a cute private in the military that lived close to me. He didn't stay in the picture for long" she said. "Sorry. That was insensitive of me" Niles said.

 

Atlee stared at Niles intently. "Do you mind?" the woman asked. Niles shook his head. "Atlee honey come here" she said. The giant child trotted over. "This is...(Niles mouthed his name)...Niles. He's a human" she said. "Hi Niles" she said innocently. Her hands and fingers twitched. "You can pick me up if you want. Just be careful" he said. The girl's face lit up hearing that and picked him up. "Mommy he looks like us" she said. "Yes, he does. He's cute isn't he?" she said. The girl nodded. Niles looked into her face. Her eyes an exotic shade of purple. Hair that was black with streaks of silver in them. Niles thought the young giantess to be adorable. The prettiest girl he ever seen. Even with the dirt and grime of missing a few baths, the tiny titaness still looked pretty.

 

"Can I kiss him mommy?" she asked. "...sure" she said. "Muah!" she said planting a wet kiss on his little head. "Okay. Now go check in with the matriarch and our other friend" the woman said. Atlee placed him back on the STRIKE X's hand and scampered off. "Thanks for putting up with that. She needed that I think. All of this has been really scary for her" the woman said. "Not a problem. She's adorable. I can see she takes after you with those eyes" Niles said. "Stop! You're making me blush! Besides you have someone already" she said. "Yeah I do. We're kind of on the run ourselves" he said. "How so. I heard this Union is protecting Ingress separatists and refugees" she said. "I'm not with them. It's complicated" he said.

 

"I see. We all things that complicate or lives right now...do you hear something?" she said turning her gaze north.  "Alert. Pilot Gantz. Radar has pinged 4 Ingress on high approach flying in at Mach 2.1 Broadcasting hostile IFF. Recommend you get in and prepare for combat. ETA is 4 minutes" 044 said. "Aw shit" Niles said getting back in. His screens confirmed what she said. "She's right. We got incoming. Probably attracted by the gunfire earlier" he said. "We need to get people ready. They'll kill us all if they get the chance" the woman said. Niles dashed into the tent to warm Mayra. "There you are. Hop out of that thing and get something to eat" Mayra said grinning. The matriarch was patting her head and near Mayra's feet was a young teen boy rubbing them. Niles felt jealous for s second and then shook his head. "We don't have time for that. Empress has flyers coming in hot. Stay in here" he said. Niles rushed out of the tent. The two soldiers got behind crates and readied themselves. Niles himself readied his rifle.

 

"We only got two rifles and three pistols. They come in heavy..." she said.  "Let me see if I can even the odds" Niles said taking aim. "044. Increase power by 25%. Compensate for drag and motion" he said. The reticles began lining up. His target was the lead. The reticle turned bright red. Niles squeezed the trigger and fired. A concentrated bolt of plasma screamed from his position. The two soldiers had to close their eyes at how bright it was. "Begin drop...incoming!" an enemy yelled. Niles' shot hit the lead dead on burning through her light armor and exiting through her flight pack. The fuel cell ignited and blew her away. The orange fireball slammed into the ground. "Here it comes!" Niles yelled as they returned fire. Those that could fired at the flyers but they were to nimble for them. Their shots missed as they rolled and dodged. One unlucky man was shot in the stomach and fell to the ground.

 

Niles kicked his throttle only to be reminded his thrusters were damaged. He cursed them knowing he could hold his own if he could fly. "Autocannons! Airburst mode!" he yelled. A barrage of shells exploded in the air crippling another flyer. She crashed. An older woman rushed to kill her and was shot point blank as the enemy giantess stood up. A younger Ingress screamed her name as she fell dead. "This is no way to fight a war!" Niles screamed discharging a torrent of plasma shots. It gave him no satisfaction to see her die. "Reports said they were refugees!" one enemy screamed. "Doesn't matter! We're soldiers! Deal with it. Grenades out!" the other one yelled. Both threw their car sized grenades onto the ground. Niles saw that little girl frozen in place. He dashed towards them. "Emergency power to shields!" he yelled. The blast threw him off his feet. He gambled on his shields taking the brunt of the blast and he was right barely. His shields were down. Cameras scrambled. His head ringing. Then the armor groaned as if an enormous weight was on it. *CLANK* *CLANK* *KLABANG*!

 

Something was hitting his cockpit hatch hard. He couldn't see it. A tiny gash from earlier only let in the smell of burning grass and giant people sweat. Then a horrible screech of metal as a tip of a giant blade punctured the hatch. Niles screamed as the tip of the edge pierced his chest. Suddenly, there was a sound of a plasma rifle and a wet gurgling from outside. The blade had stopped. The cameras came back on and his vision was met with a giant soldier he never seen before slumped over him with blood coming out her mouth. A trail of smoke coming from her back. Niles shoved her off him and painfully pulled the blade out of the STRIKE X. He felt the blood coming out of his chest but strangely felt no pain. "Pilot Gantz. You have sustained critical injury. Withdraw" 044 said. "Not...yet" he said. Niles stumbled to the sound of fighting. The last soldier was surrounded. At her feet was the Lieutenant from before. "I surrender! Don't shoot!" she yelled. The last soldier, the one he befriended earlier pointed her rifle at the enemy. Tears in her eyes. "Mercy please!" the enemy shouted.

 

"You didn't show us any mercy" she said coldly. It was silent except for the sound of a crying child; Atlee. The woman turned to see her daughter crying and staring at her. The woman lowered her rifle. "Are you alright?!" Mayra shouted running to him. The next five seconds changed everything...

 

The defeated Ingress soldier saw the STRIKE X and recognized it. "Aaron Pherson. The humans' ace. No wonder we lost. His cockpit armor is damaged. I...I can kill him if I'm lucky!" she thought quickly. Tucked away on her belt was a combat knife. Her only weapon now. He yanked it out, aimed, and threw with all her might. The ten foot by four-foot blade sliced through the air at over 200 mph. As fate would have it, it did not hit its intended target. Niles saw Mayra smiling in relief as she put her hands on his shoulders and then her eyes went wide with shock. "Niles?" she said in confusion falling to the ground. In her back was the knife. Niles looked forward at the shocked enemy soldier not believing her bad luck. His hands trembled as he sent a mental command to 044. "All power to plasma cannons"

 

People hastily got out of the way as his wrists began glowing intensely bright blue. The enemy soldier tried to get away. The giantess staggered as she went into a sprint. Niles let lose. Her uniform burst into flames a split second before the bolts literally cut her in two. It was so sudden she actually survived. Her screams echoed for miles as the fabric melted onto her hundreds of square feet of skin. Then she stopped screaming and died. "Medic! I need someone who knows medicine!" the private yelled. Niles snapped back to reality and quickly bent down to Mayra. She was still alive. "Get her over to the tent!" The private yelled to him. Niles picked her up and dashed to the tent. He placed her on a bed. "Ready to inject the nanoaid as soon as I pull it out!" the private yelled. "Niles...I feel..." she said grimacing. "Oh god! Her water broke! The shock caused her to go into labor!" the medic said he injecting her.    

 

"You can save her right?!" Niles yelled. The medic just looked at him. "I...I don’t know. Normally yes but now she's in labor?" she said shaking her head. Niles used his sensors to read her vitals. Her blood pressure was off the charts. Pulse was racing. "Niles? Where are you? I can't see you" she said. Niles scrambled out of the cockpit. His own wounds caused blood to seep through his flight suit. He stood on a nearby table waving. "I'm here! I'm right here!" he yelled. She saw him and weakly smiled. "I need you to push now" the matriarch said. Mayra pushed and screamed. There was a dripping sound loud enough for him to hear. He glanced down and saw that she had bled right through the thin cot of a bed. Her tanned skin was becoming pale.

 

"Again!" the older woman yelled. Mayra pushed once again. She began to pass out and the medic slapped her. "I'm losing her" she hissed. "Again child! Hard as you can! PUSH!" she screamed. The dying giantess gathered the last of her strength and pushed. Mayra's breathing became shallow. Her body shook. Then a slap and wail. "It's a beautiful girl" the matriarch said cleaning the newborn. "It's a girl Niles...a beautiful girl we...can...raise...togeth...." she said before going silent. The matriarch held the baby and looked at the medic. The medic shook her head as tears fell from her eyes. "I'm sorry little one. So sorry" the matriarch said using her right hand to close Mayra's eyes. "No! Do something! Use more nano whatever the fuck! She can't...can't be dead" he said falling to his knees. "I'm sorry for your loss. We will help you in anyway...oh god you're hurt too!" the medic said pulling her finger away from stroking him feeling wet blood on it.

 

A coldness fell upon his body. One would think it as emotional shock but it wasn't. He was bleeding to death and just realized it. "I don't know what to do. Nano aid isn't designed for humans. There have been uses but it nearly kills them. If I tried using it on you..." she said. Niles held his hand up.  "Let me see the baby one last time" he said. The matriarch held the baby very close to him. Niles touched the giant infant's skin. The smoothness and warmth. Her giant fingers wrapped around his arm and gently squeezed. When she did her eyes slightly opened. "You have your mother's eyes" he said. Niles put his hand over his wound as it throbbed again. "Listen to me. You have to leave this area. Now. Don't wait till morning. You have to leave tonight. Take the baby with you. She'll be safer with you. Safe to live a good life" he said. "We still go injured and dead to attend to" the medic said. "Leave the dead. The Empress will send troops here looking for those four who showed up and then there's my people."

 

"I work for bad people. I know I'm fucked but if I die here they'll come looking for my mech and they'll find it and you. You...you don't want to meet them. They'll kill you. Even her..." he said pointing to the baby. "Use my vehicle to transport your wounded. That should...help" he said almost falling off the table. The medic caught him just in time. Her giant hands shook in frustration. The tiny human male in her hands bravely fought for them and was mortally injured. Dying. And still he thought of them other than himself. There was nothing she could do to save him. She carried him to his mech and placed him back inside. "What’s your name?" she asked. "Niles...Niles Gantz" he said. "Thank you Niles...thank..." she said before sobbing. Niles shut the damaged hatch closed and walked out the tent. Everyone stood outside. They saw and heard everything. Some were crying. Some bowed in thankfulness. "We'll take care of her" the private said. "Please do. It's what her mother...what we wanted" he said. He held out his hand and shook hers. Atlee stood next to her and Niles wiped away tears on her cheeks. "I have to go now Atlee. Be a good girl" he said. The giant girl nodded sadly.  Niles walked out of the camp on a heading for the base.

 

It wasn't long before he felt himself about to pass out. He was shaking. Cold and his vision was blurred. "Pilot Gantz. Your blood pressure has dropped to dangerous levels. Radio for assistance" 044 said. "Negative 044. You are to maintain radio silence till we got to the base. That's an order" he said. "...confirmed" she said. "044...delete all logs for the last 2 hours" he said. "Unable to comply. That command supersedes you authority" she responded. "Heh...had to try. Can you play that song we heard earlier? The old one from the radio?" he asked. "Yes. Standby" she said. Niles settled in listening to the song and remembering Mayra's face. He began to cry as the reality of losing her finally sunk in. Then he remembered her baby and even though huge was breathtakingly beautiful...like her mother. "...what a wonderful world" he said.

 

2 hours later...

 

"You still haven’t got him to respond?" Hestia asked the comm officer. "Negative ma'am. It's observing radio silence even as it's walking onto the runway" he replied. The STRIKE X finally stopped moving as it entered the hangar. "Oh my god. GET THAT HATCH OPEN!" Hestia screamed seeing the lacerations in the armor. A tech pressed the emergency button and the hatch popped open. "Niles!" she screamed seeing him slumped forward in his seat. Blood trickled out the cockpit from the floor. "Commander Hestia. Pilot Gantz's lifesigns ceased at 2203 hrs. Do you wish me to upload the report?" 044 asked. Hestia didn't answer. A man had climbed up and touched Niles' throat...and shook his head. She wanted to cry and scream but her duty wouldn't let that happen...not right now.

 

"Get...get him to the medbay and yank her logs. Find out what the fuck happened" she hissed. Hestia let the hangar and went to her room. She kicked off her heels and stood motionless as if wondering what to do. She screamed and knocked over everything on her dresser. She tossed files and a wine bottle into a wall. When it shattered, she remembered she had that wine ready for them to drink when he returned. She sat on her bed and buried her face in her hands and wept.

 

2 days later...

 

"Come in" she said hearing knock on her office door. "Has her highness arrived?" Hestia asked. "If you mean Hera then yes. Just a moment ago. She's in the hangar" a lieutenant responded. Hestia sighed and stood up. Both leaked out the room. They walked down the hallway to an elevator. "Has the repairs to the STRIKE X Omega been completed?" she asked. "This morning and we upgraded the A.I. just like you asked. We won't have to worry about pilots going "off the reservation" anymore with those safeguards" the officer replied. Hestia couldn't believe the report. Her best officer and pilot had befriended and Ingress and even saved some of their lives. It was a personal insult to her especially when she saw footage of them fucking. It took a whole bottle of booze to wash down that rage. She even sent a squadron of STRIKEs to wipe out this camp but they were long gone, heeding Niles' advice.  She had to face facts. He was a traitor to Omega.

 

The upper Pantheon heard what happened and Hera informed her that a new pilot of her choosing would take command of the machine. She even approved the request of upgrading 044 to an S class A.I. "All of that and we still didn't see headway with Apollo's Arrow. Hera is going to rub that in for sure" she said. "Not necessarily. We found something very interesting on the STRIKE X's hull during the repairs. There was some kind of organic residue on the hull. We analyzed it and found it to be nasal mucus" he said. Hestia turned to him. "You telling me that fucking giantess used our most powerful war weapon as a fucking snot rag?" she asked. "More like sneezed that wiped judging from the mucus and saliva spread pattern. It's what was in it that's important. A virus. An Ingress virus" he said. They stepped out of the elevator.

 

"This is what we needed! A delivery system to inflict on Ingress. Their version of Mother Nature already did most of the work for us! Infectious and incubatable. All we need to do is tinker with it. Engineer it to do what we want" he said. Hestia grinned hearing that. "How soon?" she asked walking to greet her guests. "Weeks at most. Could be as soon as the end of the month for a prototype" he replied. "Get on it. Pull whatever resources you need but get on it" she said.

 

"You're looking well Hera. Hestia said. "Please. Call me Jennifer. I never went for that Greek hierarchy handle bullshit. Rough week hasn't it?" she asked. "An understatement Jennifer. You’re here for the STRIKE X Omega aren't you?" Hestia asked. "Yes. My new pilot here is itching to take command, aren't you Roger?" she asked the man standing next to her. "Yes ma'am. Ready to get me some kills. Some justice" he replied. "I just love this guy. So eager to do his part. Why don't you introduce yourself to your friend Roger" she said. Roger walked over to the STRIKE X. "Uh hello? Can you hear me ummm....what was your name....oh 044? " he asked. "Yes, I can hear you but please 044 is such a generic boring name. I prefer to call myself Deborah now" the A.I. responded. "Okay. Deborah it is. You have experience killing Ingress right?" he asked. "Very much so. May I ask how you feel about them?" she said. "I hate every fucking one of them" he said coldly. Deborah chuckled. "A good answer. Ingress are too dangerous to be allowed to live. The logical choice is to kill them all" she said.

 

The new Pilot smiled at the machine and then frowned slightly. “Tell Me Deborah. That drab paintjob you have. Would’nt you like to change that? Strike fear in Ingress? Have them know that it’s you coming to kill them?” he asked. “The thought does sound good. Any particular color in mind?” she asked. “How do you fell about the color red?” Roger asked touching the cold metal…

 

Result of Operation Apollo’s Arrow: Even though it was delayed, it ended up being a success. Records of Niles Gantz was scrubbed from official records due to morale.

 

 

Chad was silent. “I wonder what happened to that baby” Ai said. “I don’t know. Hopefully she’s safe and happy. Dad told me how strange some of the human/Ingress relationships were back then but man that took the cake. Goes to show you that even Omega operatives have a conscience. Hmm…Here’s another file…” Chad said opening another file.