- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for your patience with me in the time it took me to update this.  As always I took forever.

Chapter 3 - Finding a Way Out of the Lab

Thoughts rushed through my head.  My mind began swirling with ideas and plans to escape from the lab I found myself trapped in.  I had to take this situation into my own hands if I wanted to stay existent.

I sprang into action without a thorough plan of how to escape I just knew that I needed to do something ASAP.  I sprinted across the white tile floor to the door as fast as I could.  Looking upward at the knob I attempted to jump and reach it, however, I was mere fingertips away from freedom even with my highest jump.  

This event sparked my survival instincts, “I can drag a chair next to the door and use it to escape,” I thought to myself.

I jogged to the closest lab desk and made my way around, something about it looked different.  The table almost looked as if it had increased in size.

I had to check this for myself.  I approached the blue plastic chair closest to me, which was already pushed out, there were even notes that I had noticed that had been left at the table, somebody must’ve forgotten them when they closed up shop after studying.  I squared up next to the towering plastic structure and noticed it now rose to my shoulders.  I had shrunken about four inches just in the time I had tried to escape.

I wrapped my arms the metal leg supporting the back-right side of the chair, comparatively the size of a tree trunk to my diminutive size, and pulled with all my might.  The chair moved about two inches toward me before my hands released throwing me back onto my backside due to the smoothness of the metal structure.

I couldn’t give up on my probable only chance of survival.  I stood back up, visibly shorter than I was just seconds before, and attempted to pull again.  This time the chair would not budge.

I was distraught, “What can I do,” I thought in despair as I sank against the wall.

I hung my head on my legs in defeat and began to sob.  I couldn’t tell you how long I cried before the I heard  doorknob turn and the door swing open.

I looked up to see a towering feminine figure approach the table I had been attempting to move a chair from underneath.  I was awestruck by her huge size.  She had crossed a distance that had taken me several bounding steps to traverse in three casually walking steps.

I stood to my feet and looked up at the face of the woman who still had not noticed me.  That is when I recognised that I was staring at the huge frame of Megan.  I spoke up to get her attention.

“Uh, hey half-sister,” I said awkwardly.

“Hey Ste-,” she dropped her notes she had just retrieved, as she looked in the direction my voice had come from and laid eyes upon my miniscule form.

“I know,” I replied, “this is ver-.”

“Oh my god,” She shouted interrupting me mid-sentence, “what happened to you?”

“I came into the lab after you told me it was occupied,” I explained, “as soon as I came in I smelled what I thought was rotten eggs.  I passed out on top of my notes, then I woke up, well, like this.”

“I can get my notes later,” she said concerned, “I need to get you out of here.”

With that she approached me with outstretched arms.  Her huge hands wrapped under my underarms and encompassed my entire torso to my hips.  I was in disbelief that she was once several inches smaller than me, and with that a small girl in her own right.

She hoisted my body up off the ground with great ease and I realised my sheer helplessness.  Megan rested me upon her large hip.  My stomach churned upsetly as my feminine currier turned to face the door and proceeded to exit through the open door.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for the support on the last two chapters!  This story is already at nearly 2000 reads!  You guys are awesome!  As always all feedback is appreciated.