- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Welcome back! I told you I would come back sooner!

 

Sorry for the delay. This was a joint chapter with Franchise Writer, and honestly it was a lot of fun. We haven't written together in a long time so please enjoy! This is a chapter I've wanted to have out for a a while now.

 

I hope you all like and review as always.

Tell me what you think and please enjoy. :D

 

 

Sitting silently, as the bonfire crackled noisily behind the pair of girls, Abby’s face was full of pain and woe. Even the warmth that radiated off of the younger Dragoness’ palm, wasn’t enough to dispel the cold feelings she had received, upon hearing what her kind had done to the two she now sat alone with. It always hurt… to learn what people could truly be capable of when they didn’t view others in the same light as their own…

Letting out a stuttered breath as she tried to hold back the onslaught of guilt she felt for what her race had done to both Ebon and Ivy, the little brunette’s eyes hardened as she focused back on the words Eve had told her the last time, she felt this much remorse.

‘The actions of my race aren’t my actions. Their sins aren’t my sins. I can’t take the blame for my species…’ Though, that was hard to say, when she was still at fault in the end. Lifting her head up weakly as she stared into the forlorn Dragon’s face, both girls soon met gazes as they stared back at one another.

No longer was there a mask on the child’s face. One of resentment and hatred. She wore her anger on her sleeves no longer, as she now showed her true feelings to the shrunken girl. She could see nothing but pain. “I… I forgive you…” Narrowing her eyes down at the teenager resting in her grasp, Ebon said nothing as she waited for the smaller girl to finish. She didn’t look like she was done speaking yet.

Waiting to see if her response was reciprocated, Abby lowered her eyes as the creeping guilt she felt… her own, guilt… came back tenfold. “I forgive you… for everything Ebon. For taking me from my friends. For trying to hunt me down… even… even when you tried to take my life. I forgive you… because no matter how much you hated me because of what I was… it was never about that. You always just… wanted to protect them. And I understand why now.”

Lifting her head up while the child looked further down, both girls shifted their gaze to Ivy as the slumbering toddler continued to suckle and nip at the human’s hand still locked firmly between her lips. Hearing a squealing yawn as she petted the pale Dragoness’ spongy tongue once more, Abby gave the younger girl a weak smile before sighing happily. She really was everything Ebon described her as. Just being near her brought her a lot of unexplained joy. It was no wonder why the older girl tried desperately to protect her. She was her treasure after all.

“I don’t remember asking you for your forgiveness…” Frowning as she heard the hard response to her former statement, Abby wiped away her glower so she could simply smile back at the scowling titaness. “I know. But I wanted it to be known. I’d like to think by now, you don’t see me as a threat to your kind. At least, I hope you don’t. So, I don’t want there to be any more bad blood between us. I'm not like the humans you met Ebon. And I never will be. I don’t see you as a Monster. Not you, or any of the others here. Not anymore... You’ve all changed my perspective in ways I can’t even begin to explain. I don’t want to fight with you anymore. Or, have anyone else fight on my behalf. Seeing you girls get hurt… is a worse pain than when you burned off my legs. N-Not that I’m blaming you! I just… I can’t. I can’t keep watching you, or anyone else get hurt anymore. So, if you still don’t like me, or want me to be here. I’ll… I’ll bring this up with Najia when she wakes up. I still don’t even know if I’ll be allowed to join you all here or not. But I don’t want to cause a scene if I do… so, if it comes to that… then I’ll just leave… And we can bury the hatchet from there...” Abby whispered despairingly. She really didn’t want it to have to come to that after she had made up her mind to stay here. But… She needed to do what was right. Even if it made her sad in the end.

Keeping her eyes locked on the shrunken human still occupying her palm, Ebon’s crimson eyes studied the smaller girls face, before her own inevitably shifted. “You trouble me… I can’t tell if you’re lying or not. Your face… it gives nothing away but what you feel at the moment. You human’s always have something I can see. Greed… lust… power… you have none of these. There’s always just one expression you wear. And it pisses me off!”

Wincing as she heard the child growling above her, Abby cringed before looking back up at the angry girl. “W-What, expression…?” Reaching her free hand forward before moving it underneath the slumbering white dragon pups’ neck, Ebon began to gently stroke her throat as she heard the whimpering purring sounds the toddler was beginning to make.

“Najia’s…” Growing wide-eyed at the child’s statement, the smaller teen had little time to process what Ebon had said before her soggy hand suddenly fell free from Ivy’s mouth as she let out a loud yawn of pleasure. SHE LET HER GO!?

Lifting her arm up as she saw her shredded sleeve, a crooked smile fell over the brunettes face before she let out a sigh of relief. “Heh… why didn’t you just do that, to begin with?” “Because she would have bit down instead if I hadn’t.” “WAIT, WHAT?! AND YOU JUST DID IT NOW ANYWAYS?!” “You got your arm back. I fail to see the problem… grrrr…”

Pouting as she rubbed her poor limb, Abby sighed before a small smile fell over her face. “I guess if anyone would know what Ivy was going to do, it would be you. Thank you Ebon.” Huffing in annoyance for even being questioned by the shrunken girl, the black Dragoness closed her eyes before puffing out a small plum of smoke in return.

“So now what?” Cracking open a single lid, the child scowled once more as she saw the quizzical look present on the teenager’s face. She hated her face. Rapping her tail into the ground as she thought about her options, only one seemed to come up. As it stood… she was now, tolerable. For a human at least. Plus, nothing had really changed beyond her opinion of her. Not that she would ever tell the bite-sized morsel.

“I’ll return you to your pet, and from then, we’ll simply wait for Najia to awaken. I trust that she will?” Ebon growled. Nodding frantically, a wide smile broke out over the teenagers face as she saw the troubled look the younger girl wore.

“Thank you Ebon! I promise you won't regret this!” “You will if she doesn’t awaken… Abby.” The child snarled. Gulping, the smaller girl nodded meekly before poking her fingers together as she tried to contain herself. ‘S-She used my name!’ She really was starting to like her! “What are you smirking at!”

Wincing, the shrunken girl laughed dryly before shaking her head. “S-Sorry… I’m just happy. I’d like it if we can try to stay like this. So, for now, instead of blight or scum, can you call me your friend…?” Lifting her hand up to shake, the smaller girl waited for the child to respond.

Looking down at the brunettes outstretched arm, Ebon sighed before looking away. “It would be an insult to call anyone my friend. That would imply you’re my equal…” She growled. She couldn’t even claim the same about Najia since she was far above even her. Feeling some of her prior demeanor falter, the shrunken girl sighed before simply nodding.

‘I forgot she’s a Dragon… I guess I should have expected her pride to be- ‘

“Gaoh-p~”

 

Gawking, both Ebon and Abby’s faces went blank as they wore the same look of shock before paling as they mirrored each other’s reaction… to Ivy biting down on the teenager's outstretched hand. ‘Oh shit…’ Giving her arm a tug, the shrunken girl began to sweat bullets before her eyes fell to Ebon for an answer to her silent plea. It happened again…

Trembling in fury as she saw Ivy cooing contently before suckling on the smaller teens arm once again, the black Dragoness inevitably sighed causing the teenager's heart to drop.

 

“That belongs to her now…”

 

“WHAT?!!!!!”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“T-This is humiliating…”

 

“Would you rather I try taking you away by force instead?”

 

“N-N-No! T-T-That won’t be necessary!”

 

“Then be silent! I can sense your pets waiting for us just beyond my domain…”

 

 

Hanging in the air as her legs were batted at by Ivy’s petite claws, the teenager simply waited for the toddler to grow bored of her before eventually letting her go again. But… that didn’t look like it was going to happen anytime soon with how loud she was giggling above her as she played with her tiny body. She was starting to think the little white Dragon pup saw her more as her toy then her *treasure*.

“So, Eve’s waiting for us? How long has she been there?” She kind of expected her to know what was going on, but she came quicker than expected. Though, that might have just been because she had made the older girl angry from what she had said to her and Casey…

“She’s been sitting outside of my domain since the moment I took you here. You’ve trained your pet well to grovel at your feet…” Ebon spat as a guttural growl started to emanate from within her throat. Sweating bullets now as she heard the bitter tone of the Dragoness, Abby gently petted Ivy’s claws as she tried to defend herself.

“Ebon… That… that’s not it. I didn’t do anything to anyone. Eve just sort of fell for me. Casey did too. I don’t even know how it happened! I’ve never had anyone pine for my affection before… let alone a different species like you girls…” She mumbled.

Keeping her usual scowl present, Ebon huffed in annoyance as she hugged Ivy closer as they walked. “She comes to your call. She listens to you like a dog! She defends you like her owner. I see no difference from her being your pet or your mate.”

Blushing from the scaly girl’s statements, the brunette quickly shook her head again before sighing. “S-She’s not my mate! And neither is Casey! I already told them both that I wouldn’t mate with either of them because it would start a fight and lead to a bloody war in the end.”

Scoffing at the shrunken girl, Ebon’s eyes narrowed. “And it has nothing to do with them being Hominal, I assume?” Scowling herself now, Abby craned her neck up angrily. “No, it doesn’t! I don’t care if they’re Hominal or even girls! Both Casey and Eve are wonderful! I… I just don’t want to mate with them. It will cause too many problems. You Hominal and Beastial only mate once after all. It’s not the same for us Humans… so If I mate with one of your kind, It’s for life. In the end… I just want to make sure I don’t end up hurting whoever I end up with. That’s all…”

It was hard to explain herself since she actually wanted it in the end. Mating with either Casey or Eve… sounded really nice. Or for that matter with anyone really. She had felt more love in the past week then she had at any other point in time in her life! She was never that close to anyone physically or emotionally as she had been with those two… and the experiences they gave her she would treasure forever.

But that didn’t mean she could lead them on either, which is why she told them she wouldn’t do it. Grasping Ivy’s ivory claws as she rubbed them affectionately, the smaller girl sighed as she leaned into the toddler’s hands for comfort.

“I just… I just don’t want to make a mistake or hurt either of them… Does that make sense?” Listening in silence as she heard the conflicting tones from the smaller girl, Ebon simply ignored it. For all intense and purposes, these words were wasted on her, as was this conversation.

“You think too much human. If you find a mate, then you just know it. For us Beastial, if we see what we want, we take it by force! It’s not complicated at all. If you want one of your pets as a mate then take one! And if either Eveline or Casey wanted you as theirs, they should do the same. There should be no talking, or bargaining, or compromises! Only showing who is more dominant! That is what it means to be the better mate!” Ebon barked.

Looking up at Ebon shocked, Abby quickly started to shake her head. “B-B-But that’s ridiculous! That’s the same thing Eve said! I don’t want you, girls, to kill each other over me!” What was the point! She wasn’t worth their lives!

Growling as their back and forth started to circle back, a loud snarl silenced the shrunken teen as Ebon’s mouth flared brightly. “YOU ARE HUMAN! DON’T YOU DARE LECTURE ME ON HOW OUR KIND SHOULD BEHAVE!” Trembling timidly now, the smaller girl started to shrink away as she saw the angry expression the Dragoness wore.

“B-But… I’m… I’m not worth this fighting. I can’t stand it!” “I don’t know what happened between you and your dogs… but to them you are. A Hominal or Beastial will do whatever they have to for the one they deem a mate. It is an honor if it’s a human like you! DON'T DISGRACE HOW WE LIVE!” She snapped.

Feeling even smaller as she was talked down to, the little brunette hung her head now as Ebon’s words festered in her mind. ‘Was… I wrong to tell them to stop fighting over me…?’ Eve had told her that their fighting was natural… but, she didn’t want to hear it. Perhaps, that’s why they had left her.

Should she have said nothing?! But they would have killed each other! And Ebon seemed to think that was how it should be?! It was… “It’s barbaric…” Walking up the long tunnel that led out of her domain, Ebon huffed quietly as she continued to hug her little treasure into her.

“It’s nature. Let it take its course. Don’t fight it. The strong will take what they want regardless. You should be thankful it’s just your love and not your life she wants. If Eveline wanted to, she could have killed you or anyone else in these caves to get what she wanted. Only me or Najia would stand a chance of stopping her. But as of right now… she’s stronger than me…” Ebon snarled.

She knew why to… but, she couldn’t stand the taste. Unlike her. When Najia awakened, that would change. She just needed her Energy. She couldn’t keep sustaining her and Ivy without it. “Hold on a second… did, you just call yourself a Beastial earlier…?”

Looking down at Abby with indifference, the Dragoness raised her brow before giving the brunette a small nod. “Yes? I thought you knew the differences of our kind. Or are you still an ignorant pup…” She growled. Gawking now at the new revelation, the smaller girl quickly shook her head. She had been so caught up by the Dragoness' former statements that, that had completely slipped her mind.

“Of course I didn’t know that! YOU’RE TALKING TO ME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! I thought Beastial’s couldn’t talk normally!” Sure, the child’s grammar was off from time to time, but it never occurred to her it was because of that! She was still leaps and bounds above Amy when it came to how she could speak.

Flicking her tail in agitation, Ebon quietly started to growl before lifting up one of her claws for the shrunken girl to see. “I have jagged teeth, sharp talons, scales along my body, horns and a tail! What about that speaks Hominal to you?!” She snapped angrily.

Shaking her head in dismay as it just now dawned on her, the smaller girl soon began to smile. “Wow… I guess I should have assumed. It's just that, you can speak so, naturally. Nya can’t say anything and Amy can barely get sentences out, let alone a coherent one. I just figured you had to be a Hominal since you weren’t…well… you know.”

Sighing as she tried to find the right words, Abby hung her head in shame before sighing herself. “Look, I’m sorry Ebon. I didn’t mean to offend you. If anything, I’m even more impressed! From what I’ve been told not many Beastial can speak. It just means you’re more intelligent than a lot of others of your kind.”

Trying to ignore the praise, the scaly child looked away. It was in her nature to enjoy it... But that didn’t mean she would. “It’s only natural to understand something when you hear it for years. When I was held captive by you humans, it was spoken every day. And once Najia rescued me she used your language to until my own started to fade away.”

Nodding her head in understanding, Abby still couldn’t help but smile. “Even so, you have much better grammar than most children your age! Usually for us humans, our young can’t speak well until their about eight or nine years old.” “So what?”

Furrowing her brow now, the confused look Ebon gave her back left the smaller girl quizzical. “Well, you’re a child. I just meant you’re more advanced than most in that regard. How old are you anyway? I know that I can’t use Human age as a standard for Hominal and Beastial since theirs a gap of difference for them.” She was curious herself more than anything.

Eve looked like she was six years old but in actuality, she was nineteen. And the same with Casey who was only eight, but had the maturity of someone in their late teens… sometimes. Was Ebon any different?

Walking in silence as she thought about the brunette’s question, Ebon scowled as she tried to think back. It had been a while… and age was trivial to think about really when you lived the life she had. It didn’t matter what age she was to herself. “I suppose, I’ve witnessed forty-seven seasons. So, for you humans, forty-seven? Ivy has witnessed twenty-three in turn. Why, are you looking at me like that?”

Choking on her own breath as her mouth hung agape, Abby’s eyes were wide in surprise now as she tried to grasp what Ebon had just told her. “YOU’RE FORTY-SEVEN YEARS OLD?!” “Give or take, yes?” “B-B-But you look like a little kid!” Wincing as the child… err, adult? Whatever she was snarled back at her, the Dragoness glowered in annoyance as her tail began to beat against the ground frantically.

“If it will shut you up, then think of our ages in increments of ten or so of your own, human. This is what Najia told me at some point in time. Now stop asking me useless things! We’re almost at the end of my tunnel.” She grumbled. Just because she would tolerate the human didn’t mean she wanted to openly talk with her. It was beginning to irritate her…

Letting this new knowledge sink in, Abby just shook her head. ‘You’re all so amazing…’ The longevity of a dragon… it was mind boggling! If someone lived to see fifty then that meant Ebon could be five hundred years old! And that was just the start of it! She could take into consideration her body’s state of longevity or immunity to certain diseases! What if she was able to outlive them all! She could be living to her thousands! What a truly remarkable species!

‘You can stop praising her any time now Abby. If there should be anyone for you to admire, then look no further. After all, I am immortal. Fufufufu~.’ Stiffening, the teenager’s eyes widened again before her face broke out into a wide smile. “Eve!” She hadn’t heard from her all day!

Coming out of the darkly lit tunnel as the three of them emerged in the commons, or at least what she assumed was since the fluorescent fungi that littered the caverns was abundant again, Abby was greeted with the sight of both Ebon, and Casey! They had both come to see her!

“WHAT THE HELL?! GET YER SIS OFF OF HER YA SCALY BITCH!” “Simmer down Ragdoll… She’s in no danger. Right, Ebony?” Coming to a stop in front of both glaring Hominal, Ebon matched their intent as she lifted Ivy up into view. “She’s alive… But bark at us again and that might change. Ivy gets startled easily…” She warned earning angry looks from both Eve and Casey in turn.

“H-H-Hey! Don’t fight, please! I’m fine you two! I’m… just... stuck…” Giving the shrunken girl a deadpanned look, Casey leaned down now before scowling back at the angry looking toddler Ebon was carrying. “And how the hell did that happen?! Ya, trip an fall in her mouth! Come on, get her out of there already!” Twitching her claws as she was ordered around by the Dullahan, Ebon’s reptilian eyes narrowed before she brandished her claws towards her. “Command me again and see what that gets you! If I could remove her myself then I would have! You’ll just have to wait until Ivy gets bored with her unless you want your plaything back with one less part!”

Gritting her teeth, the headless girl was about to retort back until Eve’s hand waved in front of the redhead silencing her much to both Ebon and Abby’s surprise. “No need to start anything girls. We’ve been fighting long enough. And dear I say, that our guest has brought it to all our attention's that we should play along nicely from now on. So, will this suffice to end our quarrels?”

Lifting up her hand, everyone including Ivy soon jumped in surprise as the smaller teen suddenly found her way onto the little Vampiress’ palm. ‘What the hell?!’ Looking around in shock, Abby’s eyes soon fell on the older blonde as she smirked back down at her. ‘I told you if you seek to give praise, then give it to me~.’

Smiling softly before breaking out into a burst of quiet laughter, the little brunette rubbed the back of her head sheepishly before looking over her shoulder at the pair of Dragons, or at least at the one cooing at her frantically. “I guess I should have expected that. Sorry to disappoint you, Ivy. I promise we’ll play again sometime… if Ebon’s alright with that.”

Waving to the toddler as she pawed at her in the air weakly, the older Dragoness simply scoffed before lifting the little pup onto her shoulder so the smaller girl wasn’t in her field of vision anymore. “I wouldn’t count on it… Now, leave us alone. I won’t hunt your human down anymore. And in return, never… threaten her again!” Ebon snarled as her hands held Ivy closer.

Frowning back at the volatile girl, Eve simply closed her eyes before nodding her head. “If my treasure is safe, then so is yours. We’ll be leaving now. If you should need anything from any of us, you know where to we’ll be.” Eve muttered indifferently, before turning to leave.

Watching as both Hominal and human began to walk away, Ebon scoffed herself before heading back to her own chambers. She didn’t care. As long as Najia awakened like the little human said she would, then their business was finished.

 

Now, it was just a matter of if the Kitsune awoke at all, less the promise Abby had given her was a lie all along…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Awkward… embarrassing… uncomfortable…

 

What other words could she use to describe her predicament?

 

Sitting cross-legged atop the little Vampire’s palms as she was carried gingerly, both Eve and Casey had grown eerily silent after they had departed… and it was really putting the teen at unease. ‘I guess they’re still upset with me…’ How long would it take for them to talk to her?

Seeing a strange twitch come from Casey, Abby frowned wanting to ask what was wrong, but… she wasn’t sure if she was supposed to say something first. Not including what had just happened… they had departed on mixed terms. So, someone had to break the mold…

Glancing over to the Dullahan, Eve’s crimson eyes met with Casey’s jade ones before they silently nodded. “If you wish to talk… perhaps now would be a good time.” “Y-Yeah… we were just kinda waitin till we got back to the boyd’s place. You wouldn’t believe the hysterics she’s been makin since ya left her, heh… heh… heee…”

Shooting the redhead, a deathly glare, Casey quickly became mute causing the regal Vampiress to simply sigh. Why would she mention something like that at a time like this! “Before you sulk and pout, what happened with Ebon is not your fault or concern Abby. You did what you thought right, and now, you’re safe. Young Kari will surely calm upon seeing you, and everything will go back to the way it was. So be, at, ease.” Eve whispered succinctly as she felt the horrible feelings of guilt radiating off the smaller girl.

She didn’t want her to be sullen and depressed with what they were going to soon share with her. Nodding weakly, the brunette pulled her knees up to her chest before shivering as she felt a small gust of fragrant wind blow over her. ‘F-Fruity…’

Looking over her shoulder weakly as she saw Eve’s pursed lips gently blowing on her, the little Vampire quietly smiled before flashing her a grin. “Better?” “Y-Yeah… thanks. What, did you do?” “Nothing at all. You just like me~.”

Blushing, the shrunken teen looked away sheepishly before her attention was brought back by Casey as the headless girl cleared her throat. Loudly. “Well then… now that ya two had yer moment… didn’t ya have something ta say? E-Eve.” Casey bit out earning a scowl in return from the shorter girl.

“I was getting to that! Rag… C-Casey.” Scowling at each other, both huffed before shifting their eyes over to the confused teen. Was something going on? And... why were they using each other's real names? They never did that before. Pulling out one of her hands that had rested beneath the shrunken human, the older girl rubbed the bridge of her nose before taking in a deep breath through her nose before exhaling slowly.

In all her insight and clairvoyance… it really had come to this. But… there was no going back. Not after what she had just done with Casey. ‘Ready?’ Seeing the redhead blink a few times before nodding, Eveline licked her lips, before looking back down to meet the trouble teens eyes.

“Before we begin. Both I and, Casey… would like to offer you our sincerest apologies, Abby. For all the trouble and turmoil we’ve caused you… you were right. You’re not one of us.” Eve mumbled before looking back over to the redhead as she wore an equally apologetic expression.

Blinking as she heard the heartfelt words from her colossal guardian, Abby was about to speak up and apologize as well before a finger was pressed into her lips cutting her off before she even began. “What Ebon and you discussed earlier, is irrelevant. And frankly, you shouldn’t take advice from someone like her, when it comes to the matters of love.” Eve whispered softly.

Staring up at Eve in surprise, the brunette shifted her gaze away. Of course, she knew what they had been talking about before she was given back to the two of them. She always knew what was on her mind. Feeling the older girls finger removed before it gently stroked her head, both girls’ eyes met once more as she saw a heartwarming smile being returned to her.

“Ebon’s way of thinking is one that we all share. But, yours is the one we should have considered in the first place. You are not, a Hominal. Nor, a Beastial. And to you, fighting to prove our love must seem… How did you put it… Barbaric?” Clicking her tongue as she said the word, the regal blonde shifted her bloody eyes over towards the headless girl as she stood with crossed arms.

“Is there anything you would like to pitch in?” Rubbing her forearms weakly, Casey’s eyes remained stationary as she tried not to look at the shrunken teen, her embarrassment over what had happened evident from her posture. She didn’t want to say it since it went against everything, she had been taught… but, if it was for Abby…

“I-I… I’m sorry for bein such a sod… Damn it all! I shoulda been able ta see how much ya hated it when I taunted to boyd leech… I-I mean, Eve… s-sorry. Can ya forgive me…? Please?” Staring back at Casey now as the younger girl wore an almost painful expression, one dripping with shame and regret, the brunette quickly nodded.

“O-Of course I forgive you two! I, know why you did what you two did. I never hated you for it! Please don’t think that! I… I just can’t except you harming one another… just because of me.” Nodding in understanding now, Eve simply sighed before looking back at the Hominal beside her now.

“It’s easy to get caught up in the moment. I more then anyone know this to be true. So, with her apology, I give you my own. And also, a promise to, that for the rest of our time together, neither I nor Casey will partake, in our previous actions. We’ve come to an agreement. And, our fighting shall cease… at least physically. Some habits might be harder to break than others…” The blonde muttered.

Looking up at the little Vampire in surprise now, Abby quickly shifted her gaze to Casey before the redhead nodded back to her. “Aye, she’s tellin the truth. We won’t start none with each other. An we won’t go pissin either… well, we’ll try not to at least…” It was hard enough to call the little bat by her name as is.

Quickly looking back and forth as she saw the resolute faces of the two larger girls, a small smile broke out one the teenagers face. This… was better news then she could have hoped for. It turned out, she had been worried for nothing. They weren’t angry with her.

“So, with that out of the way… We would now like you, to reconsider your prior statements as well.” Eve muttered drawing back the brunette’s attention in an instant. Looking up at the little Vampiress as she came to a dead stop alongside Casey, the smaller girl soon began to frown.

Not again…

 

They wanted her to consider them as mates again, and eventually to pick one of them as well. This was going to circle around all over again. Lowering her eyes as she knew what to do, the shrunken girl was about to tell them both no for a second time, before Eve’s voice quickly interrupted her.

“B-Before you give us an answer, can, we show you something first, Abby?” Eve quickly interjected, a panicked expression clearly present over her features. Blinking a few times by the regal girl’s sudden outburst, the smaller girl silently nodded. Was she trying to persuade her or something? She had to already know what her answer was going to be.

Wincing for being caught red-handed, the vampire's eyes fell to Casey, as the headless girl lifted said head off her shoulders before moving it towards the shorter blonde. “Aye… before ya say anythin… Just, watch!” Casey sputtered out embarrassedly, her cheeks growing a bright rosy hue in the process.

Looking back at Eve and Casey as they looked at each other, the shrunken girl didn’t know what to expect really, before both her eyes and her mouth suddenly shot open as Casey thrust her head forward, into Eve forcing their lips together as they kissed.

 

‘What… the hell…’

 

WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE WATCHING?!?!?!

 

Clenching both their eyes shut as Casey’s arms trembled alongside Eve’s wincing face, both girls continued their mutual kiss for about ten seconds before they broke away in a hurry, bright red faces soon greeting the dumbfounded teenager as her brain tried to relay to her just what the fuck that was!

Licking her lips momentarily as she tried to rid herself of the foreign taste that rested over her own, Eve’s crimson eyes glowed as her emotions ran rampant through her. “That… is what we need to talk to you about, Abby… Before you tell us yes or no to what we want… first, we simply ask… that you hear us out.” She whispered.

 

They had a lot of explaining to do…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ A few hours earlier ~

 

 

‘How has it come to this… I had everything I needed… No, I… I messed up one too many times… What, did I do wrong…?’

 

Walking at a staggering pace as her legs took her away from anyone and anything that would disturb her, Eve’s eyes glowed brightly in the darkness around her as she dragged Casey’s body behind her, the Dullahan’s head still firmly grasped by her hair as she took them booth somewhere away. Away from what had just occurred. Away from… Abby.

Seeing absolute darkness as she reached one of the random dead ends of the massive network of tunnels, they called their home, the little Vampire tossed the younger girl to the wall opposite of her before dropping her head onto her motionless lap.

Falling back into her own corner, the older girl slouched before falling onto her butt as she slid into the dirt. ‘I’ve ruined everything…’ Hanging her head, Eve’s eyes shifted towards the headless girl as she saw her remaining still. She hadn’t even moved to collect her head where she had dropped it.

It wasn’t like she hurt her that bad. She could have walked… But, in the end, they needed to both be here. And it didn’t look like the child was in any shape to converse at the moment. Sighing, the older girl crossed her arms before resting her head against the rocks behind her.

“Food, comfort, love, affection, protection, romance… I can give her everything. If she wanted riches, I could acquire it. If she wanted to help more of those ungrateful humans, I could assist her in any endeavor she wished. If she wanted… immortality, I could bestow it to her with my very own blood... I can give her anything she could ever possibly want… and she said no… I truly am a fool!”

Banging her head into the rocks, Eve felt tears come to her eyes as she saw the many different possible futures she had been wishing for, shatter right before her very eyes. She had been so focused on achieving her goal, that she failed to realize she was driving it farther and further away with her very actions. After all, she had underestimated the thorn in her side that had bled her every step of the way.

Glaring over at Casey, the older girl grit her teeth before shaking her head. “I… I could have given her EVERYTHING! Why do you refuse to let me be happy?!” She could have made, her Abby, happy too. Seeing no reaction once more, the blonde simply banged her head back into the rocks before screaming, her voice echoing out long and far throughout the winding caverns.

Keeping up her shriek till her breath ran out, Eve began to pant before shaking away the lines of tears that had now fully formed. ‘You wanted me to find a purpose Najia… and I did! And… she doesn’t want me…’ It was cruel. It was so, very, cruel…

 

“I… I… I-I could have… too…”

 

Shifting her eyes back to the battered girl as her hands slowly began to creep towards her head before she pulled it close to her heart to hug it, Eve simply snarled before shaking her head. “You’re poor… you don’t have any worthwhile skills… you’re foul-mouthed, rude, brash, and a burden on everyone! So… how… h-how did you make her love you to…?” Eve whimpered out shrilly.

Weaving her fingers in and out of her burgundy locks, Casey’s face remained pressed into her as she cried softly. “I… I didn’t pretend. I didn’t act like I was somethin I wasn’t. She… Storeen… She’s just that special…”

Turning her head around so she could meet the Vampire’s eyes, the Dullahan continued to cry before she made her hands shake her head. “She just did! She liked me… when no one else did! Abby doesn’t need riches! She doesn’t need clothes! She doesn’t need a bunch of fancy shit, err food, err… anythin like that! She just wanted us ta get along ya fuckin eejit!”

Crying alongside the screaming child, Eve silently nodded. For a girl with a head off her shoulders, it seemed even she could see it too. “She didn’t want anything in return… but to make us both happy. Because that’s who Abby is… And now, we’ve shattered our chances of her taking one of us as her mate. How, vexing…”

Breaking down in a fresh wave of tears Casey pulled her head back into her chest as she began screaming muffled profanities. But, as much as the blonde would love to comment on her foul mouth… she couldn’t help but agree with her this one time.

They had to fix this. And, it was going to be very painful. Closing her eyes as she tried to focus on what she still knew, the Vampiress took in a deep breath before clearing her mind. In the past, when she did this, she could see the thousands of outcomes presented to her. But now… there was no more than a handful. And, only one reached what she wanted… or more, what they, wanted. 'Our... our last chance...'

Cracking her eyes back open as her stomach churned, the older girl wretched internally at the thought. ‘It’s the only way…’ And, she could see beyond just this outcome. In many, as hard as it seemed to believe, she was actually… happy about it.

Perhaps she was truly being too judgmental. But there was only one way to find out. “Casey… look at me.” Sniffling into her chest, the younger girl ignored the older Hominal, before it dawned on her that she had called her by her real name.

Turning her hands around so she could stare at the Vampire, or at most her eyes since she couldn’t see in pitch black like her, Eve’s voice echoed out once more, thoroughly drawing the younger girl’s attention. “What would you do if you could still become Abby’s mate? How much, are you willing to go through?”

Was, this a trick question? Not even waiting to think about it, Casey grit her teeth before wiping off her tears. “I’D GIVE ANYTHIN! I’D GIVE HER MY LIFE IF I HAD TO!” What kind of a dumbass question was that?! She would do whatever it took to be with Abby… just so long as it made her Storeen happy…

Hearing the emotion in the younger girl’s voice, Eve closed her eyes, before nodding in silence. “Then we’re agreed. Any sacrifice is worth it for her. So, I’ll ask you now, only once. I know of a way… where we’ll both be happy. And if I’m correct, so will Abby. Will you really do anything, to reach this point? If we do this, there won’t be any way for us to go back…” She warned.

Staring across from her almost as if she was looking at the devil herself, Casey clenched her fists tightly before making her head nod. “I don’t care what it is! If Abby is happy… and, we can be together… then I want it! B-But… she already said that she won't mate with either of us…” The redhead mumbled. It was pointless. Once her Storeen made up her mind… that was it.

Nodding in turn, Eve softly sighed before crawling to her feet. “You’re correct. She doesn’t want to choose between us. And that simple reason is that she knows one of us will be upset upon whomever she picks. So, to put it simply, we just have to remove that choice for her so she won’t have a reason to deny us anymore.”

Blinking slowly as the cogs in her head began to turn, Casey furrowed her brow now. That didn’t make a lick of sense. “If this was yer way of sayin yer gonna off me so you can have her all to yerself, that’ll just piss her off more ya dumbass.” “THAT’S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT I SAID, YOU BRAINLESS TROGLODYTE!”

Grinding her teeth in anger already, the older girl took a deep breath to calm herself before corralling her anger. It took a special kind of obnoxious to make her angry. And Casey seemed to be the ringleader to the minute group of individuals who were capable of this. 

“Let me break this down on a finite level that even you can comprehend! If Abby does not wish to choose between us, then let us simply remove that choice for her. We want a mate, she is the mate. And, we will be, hers.” Eve finished, her hands accompanying her words as she tried to explain it to the child.

Blinking once more, Casey simply shook her head. “Ya can’t be spoutin what I think ya are… We can’t, just share her. SHE AIN'T AN OBJECT YA BLOOD-SOAKED CUNT! She can only have one mate!” Rubbing the bridge of her nose, the older girl sighed before pacing back and forth. This was going to be a long conversation no doubt. And talking for prolonged periods of time with the redhead was not something she relished the thought of.

“When one of our kind takes on a mate, it is for life. The bond shared is only sharable once, and when given, irreversible. This is a fact. But… just because we can’t mate more than once… doesn’t mean, another can’t. You forget… Abby is Human. She isn’t bound by this practice. While we can mate with her, she has no way to mate with us back. Meaning, that any number of Hominal or even Beastial god forbid, can mate with her. Do you understand now?”

Letting the older girls’ words sink in, Casey simply frowned. She had heard of this before actually. Some wild Beastial would mate with the same human they had acquired in the wild. This was done mostly since mates were hard to find for a lot of species. But it still involved mating with the same person.

Moving her head onto her shoulders before her shadow came out to coil around it, Casey looked up at the towering Vampire as she stood over her. “What yer sayin is blasphemy! Hominal don’t share mates! We ain't Beastials! This’ll never work! Plus... I won't let ya near her! Yer a danger to my Storeen by just yer very presence!" Casey screamed in anger.

Tapping her foot irritably, Eve closed her eyes before huffing. “That is your pride speaking for you! I saw this too and I spat at it! I didn’t want to share my Abby with the likes of you! And now, look where it’s gotten me! Let alone you.” Eve snarled hatefully.

Biting her tongue as she felt the blondes point driven home a little too hard for her liking, Casey inevitably lowered her head. “It’s not gonna work… we hate each other’s guts. Ya spat at me when we first met and we’ve never seen eye to eye. Ya really think Abby will be happy about that?! She doesn’t deserve us… She deserves much better then we can give her…” Casey mumbled bitterly. No matter how much they tried to make it work, it just wouldn't! Not if it involved them getting along.

Kneeling over the child, Eve’s eyes softened before she moved her right hand forward. “She deserves the best. And we can give it to her. But first, we’ll have to change ourselves, before we’re ready for her. So... let me be the first, to say... that I'm sorry..." Looking up at Eveline in shock now, the redheaded Hominal couldn't believe what she had heard. The bloodsucker had never talked to her like that before, let alone given her an apology of any kind! but... did she really think just saying sorry would make up for all the years of torment and spite she had been slinging her way?!

Growling, Casey leaned up more so she was level with the blonde girl before shaking her head. "Yer full of shit! Ya don't care about what I think! Ya just want Abby! But I won't let that happen! Even if I gotta be denied myself, I won't let ya have her! You'll grow bored of her... ya'll spit on her like ya do everyone else! FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YA CAN'T EVEN LOOK NAJIA IN HER FACE AND THANK HER FOR WHAT SHE DOES FOR US ALL! And you think, I would let ya do that ta Abby too?! I'll... I'll never let that happen!"

Looking back at Casey somewhat speechless by what she had just heard, the older blonde lowered her crimson eyes before closing them altogether. She understood. But the redhead needed to know too. "Casey... I... I truly am sorry. I'm sorry, for everything..."

Standing back up and turning away from the glaring child, Eve's eyes shifted around as she looked towards cracks in the wall she had made. "For the longest time... everything you've claimed has had merit. And perhaps, you would be correct in how I would have treated Abby too... in the past. But I've changed. You may not realize it... but I have. And Najia knows it too. So, don't base this decision off of the old me. Think about what I've done since you've seen me again and since Abby came here!" Eve cried.

Watching as the blonde trembled from her own words, Casey held her glare but said nothing. To say that there was a change in the blonde... was something she might actually believe after all. Even if she remained as arrogant as she had always been... something was definitely different ever since she had shown up to save Abby earlier that week...

Panting softly, Eve gently shook her head before clenching her fists. "I'm not perfect. I never thought I was! I... I just couldn't stand it... I couldn't stand being here... with others like me. But, Najia has taken great care to help me work through my past issues. And, I've overcome them. All, of them. And now, I want to take on my Masters greatest wish. But only you can help me do this Casey." Eve whispered.

Turning back to the surprised redhead, the little Vampire kneeled down on one knee before bowing her head, an act alone that Casey had never heard of from a Vampire. What, was she doing...?

Swallowing her pride, Eve quietly shook her head before looking back into her fellow Hominal's eyes. "I, am not the old me. and the new me care's deeply for Abby. And I can tell that you do too. I should have taken that into consideration... but, I was blinded by what I wanted. So now, we're at this impasse. I will never... EVER... do anything to make her sad. I will never betray her trust! I will never cast her aside and grow bored with her! I, LOVE, her! So, don't claim that I will simply toss her away or cause her harm! I've been putting my life on the line every day to make sure she's safe! As have you..." Eve whispered sternly before standing back up as she towered over the speechless child.

She had to know, and now it was up to her to decide. Lowering her hand back towards Casey, Eve's eyes glowed a bright shade of red before her lips parted to show the Dullahan her petite fangs. "So with that out of the way, I’ll say it again… what will you give to become Abby’s mate? As for me... I'll give up anything, or pay any price. What say you? If you truly love her as I, then prove it! What will you give to take her as yours?”

Staring up into the glowing bloody pools in front of her, Casey felt her heart sink. Was this real? No… She said it herself. But... what if she... hurt her... Feeling her former statements fall short as she thought about everything the Vampiress had done for her Storeen, Casey simply frowned. How could she trust her?

She wished Najia was here right now... When it came to decisions like this, she always weighed in. But... she wasn't here. But Abby was. And she still needed them, as much as they needed her. Taking in a deep breath, Casey's eyes hardened before her hand shot out to grasp the Vampire's own. “Anythin! I will give her, Anythin!” Even if she didn't fully trust the Vampire... if it was for her Abby, then any price was worth it! Just so long, as they could be happy together... Feeling her hand turned upright, Eve quietly nodded before the younger girl soon winced as she felt something sharp stab into her palm. “OWE! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT FOR YA CUNT?!”

Ignoring the screaming child, Eve lifted her fingertips up towards her mouth, before her tongue hung out in front of them hesitantly. To do this… made her whole-body quiver in disgust. But it was the only way. ‘For you, my Amore.’ Sucking on her digits, as she ingested the redhead’s blood, Eve’s eyes shined brightly before she cringed. She could feel her. She didn’t like it. She really didn’t like it.

 

“The pact is made. Now, if you want to be one with Abby like I am… it’s your turn.”

 

Growing silent as she looked up at Eve with a questioning gaze, the Dullahan’s eyes were soon ushered to her hand as she began slitting open her own palm. “The fuck… what the hell is this…?” Moving her bleeding hand towards Casey, Eve grimaced.

“A contract. I’m making you my familiar Casey… so both of us will be bonded together. In order to mate with Abby, we need to prove that we’re willing to move forward and forge a friendship together. And this can be done, by us becoming bound to one another. We’ll… We’ll become mates, alongside our Amore. Now drink. You said you’d do anything!” Eve snarled.

Feeling her body shivering, Casey’s eyes vaguely made out the older girls hand as she heard the soft dripping sound of her blood falling onto the cavern floor. ‘I-I… I can’t… That’s not what I said…’ She wanted her to be her fucking pet! Like hell!

'You wouldn’t be my pet. It would be the same as it is for both Emma and Ella. Are you saying that you won’t do anything for Abby then? Because if not… any chance of this succeeding will vanish. Is your pride worth more than her love? I sacrificed mine... now, will you do the same?' Gawking as her mind was somehow invaded, the redhead looked back up at Eve as she wore a face of indifference back at her.

“With your blood, I’m bound to you. And with mine, you’ll be bound to me. This is your only chance, to help me build the bridge that’s divided us. And it’s the only bridge, that can possibly reach Abby after the rift we've created. Do you think I would do this if there was any other way? ANY OTHER, WAY?” Eve emphasized angrily. She was no more excited about this prospect than the redhead. They would essentially become the same person after they shared their blood. Even she only gave her blood to her familiars. She never took theirs to form as strong a bond as this would be.

Gulping, Casey’s eyes fell back to the Vampire’s bleeding hand as she wondered. ‘Can, this really make Abby take us on as her mates…?’ “Yes. But it’s not assured. I still see the chance of her saying no in the future. But it’s the only path left for us to take. You said you would give anything… were those just the words of a selfish child, or will you back them up? What is your answer… Casey?”

As silence traveled between them for a few minutes, the Dullahan soon reached forward before clutching the older Hominal’s outstretched hand. “If I can… I mean… If we can, have Abby back… Then so be it!”

Cringing as she felt the redhead lapping at her hand, Eve took in a deep breath as an onslaught of feelings soon began to overtake her. ‘It’s begun.’ Continuing to lick the Vampire’s blood in disgust, Casey didn’t really know what to expect… until her body began to heat up. To much… hot… it was, to hot!

Letting go of Eve’s hand, Casey’s eyes suddenly widened before she started to shake. “W-W-What, W-What’s, g-g-going, o-o-onnn…!” Falling to her side, the Dullahan suddenly began to convulse as Eve staggered back, in turn, both wearing a pained expression on their features as their blood, slowly started to meld together with one another's.

“I-It started! Try, not to scream too loud…” Eve whimpered before falling back into the wall behind her. Shuddering on the rocks beneath her, Casey’s eyes widened in pain before shrieking. HER WHOLE BODY FELT LIKE IT WAS BURNING FROM THE INSIDE OUT!

Crying loudly, both girls writhed in pain for a short while… until both suddenly stopped as they fell limp together. Panting in place, Eve’s eyes burned brightly as she felt the foreign blood's intrusion now settling into her own body. It was done. And they were now one.

 

“I’m a bitch…”

“You’re a bitch, ya… know… that…”

 

Leaning up slowly, Casey’s shadow fell away causing her head to come loose, but for some reason, it stayed in place. The same thing had happened to her dress as well, as it began to shred itself and fall away leaving her nearly bare as she tried to keep it together. Kneeling on the ground as her body vibrated and began to twitch on its own, the Dullahan’s eyes traveled over herself… as she studied her arms, with perfect clarity. She could see them… No, she could see everything now.

“What the… fuck… The hell did ya do to me? I feel…” “Stronger?” Blinking a few times, Casey frowned in uncertainty before clenching her fists, her shadow suddenly shooting out into jagged pillars as they bent around to her whim. They had reacted quicker, almost on their own really. Eveline was right.

“I guess so… What the hell is goin on? I feel… I feel, like a different person…” It was unsettling, to say the least. Leaning up much slower than the Dullahan had, Eve continued to pant as she tried to gather her bearings. “My blood… it joined with your own. But, even so… I didn’t expect your body to put up as much of a fight as it did. Christ… You really do hate me…”

Cracking a grin for the first time as she felt the sorry state the Vampiress was in, Casey stepped forward this time before extending her hand down to the shorter girl. “It ain’t obvious? And here I thought I was bein blunt, heh.”

Taking ahold of the redhead’s hand, Eve soon stood up on wobbly legs much to Casey’s surprise. She looked like a lil calf that just came out of her mother womb! Snarling at the headless girl angrily, Eve shoved the taller girl aside before taking a few staggering steps on her own.

“Shut up! I’m fine! Your blood is just weak! Since I had to take it in, my own blood needs time to accumulate it. So, compare me to a newborn again and I’ll toss your head for my *pets* to play with.” Eve whispered sweetly as she mocked the glowering girl.

“Tsk, so sassy. Ya sure you’re really an adult? Yer sure actin like the wee boyd ta me. Wait…” Blinking as she knew something new about the older girl, Casey had to frown now. “You’re older than Abby? The hell? Why the fuck do I know that… or, any of this other stuff?”

She knew a lot about the Vampire all of a sudden. She liked rainy days. The smell of fresh linens, the taste of aged red wine… no, she could practically taste it. It was like… ‘My memories are your own?’

Nodding her head, Casey frowned now. “Just what did this bond we made do… I feel… like I know ya better. No, it’s like I’ve always known ya. Damn that’s a scary thought.” “Likewise!” Eve snapped as she saw the memories of the redhead flooding around her mind. “You really need to change that foul dress. You’ve had the same one on since you were four!” “The hell does that have to do with anything?! Where did that even come from?!”

Sighing, Eve gently messaged her temple as she filed away all these new memories. It would take a copious amount of meditating to sort through them all and frankly, that sounded like a nightmare. “Suffice it to say, there’s no going back now Rag-… Casey. Take this time to feel for your new… everything. Bonding with another, let alone a Vampire, is near akin to mating. The feelings you feel, I feel. The thoughts you have, I have. When you speak, I hear it. And when I speak-.” ‘I hear ya, I hear ya. Sheesh, I’ve been watchin Abby have in ta deal with this for a week. Ya really think I can’t get the hang of it myself?’

Scowling as the redhead’s voice now invaded her own mind, Eve simply shivered before stepping forward once more as she tried to shake off the fatigue she felt. She could already tell this was going to be a colossal pain in her ass.

“If you’re done pitying me, then why don’t you try focusing those new senses I gave you, and tell me where Abby is now…” Eve muttered darkly as she began to walk away. The whole point of their pact was so they would both be able to be with Abby after all. Scowling, Casey thought long and hard about the little brunette before her eyes widened in surprise. She could feel her!

Feeling her lips beginning to twitch into a crooked smile, the redhead let out a soft whimper of happiness. She felt like she was practically connected to her now! ‘That’s because you are. Since you share my blood, you share my bonds. Now tell me where she is!’ Eve snapped mentally shaking off the previous feelings of joy the Dullahan was feeling.

‘Alright, alright… sheesh.’ She could figure this out. Keeping her eyes closed as she thought long and hard about the brunette, different feelings were slowly coming to her now. She felt, insecure? No… she felt, afraid. Opening her eyes up, worry soon overtook the younger girl.

“Abby’s scared… why is she scared?” “Wouldn’t you be if you were being carried off by Ebon?” Growing wide-eyed, Casey almost screeched as she ran forward to catch up with the hobbling blonde. “YA MEAN TA TELL ME SHE’S WITH THAT SCALY BITCH THIS WHOLE TIME?! WHY THE FLYIN FUCK DIDN’T YA SAY SO SOONER?! WE NEED TO GET HER BACK NOW!”

Growling under her breath as she was screamed at, Eve simply waved her hand silencing the redhead much to her shock. “Stop yelling at me! Abby is fine. I saw too that personally. Do you really believe that I wouldn’t put some form of protection over her while I’m not around?” The older Hominal snarled.

Prying at her lips as they remained shut, the shorter girl eventually waved her hands again when the redheads grunting became just as bothersome as her screams had been. Gasping loudly, Casey grit her teeth now before stomping loudly beside the slower girl as she continued to stagger.

“Don’t just shut me up ya cunt! We still need ta save her!” “No, we don’t. I can feel Abby’s emotions better than you can. She went with Ebon for a reason. And, she has to see this through. We’ll just be interfering if we barge into the den of that beast. Not to mention, I'm forbidden from going there in the first place. Have faith in her. I can feel your anxiety… I share it. But our Abby has overcome all of her obstacles until now, has she not?”

Gritting her teeth angrily, Casey clenched her fists tightly as her shadow overtook the walls around them thrashing before wildly. But, she could feel it too. What Eveline was saying, was all true… She could now feel her true feelings. And, they were everything she said they were... “Eve.” Blinking in confusion now, the older girl leaned into the tunnel wall beside her before taking a few deep breathes to regain her lost energy.

“Stop calling me Eveline… It’s just, Eve.” Looking back at the blonde in silence, a wave of understanding passed over the redhead’s mind as she felt the older Hominal’s emotions. “Alright… I get it. So, what should we do then, Eve?” Casey bit back.

Sighing as she stood back up, the Vampiress began walking once more as she made her way towards Ebon’s lair. “Simple. We go to meet our dearest Abby when she returns in triumph. And until then, take our time as well, to learn and understand one another better. We’re now one Casey. And it’s time that we lay to rest our past transgressions.” Eve whispered before extending her arm.

Feeling the intent coming from the shorter girl, Casey leaned down before letting the blonde drape her arm over her shoulder for support. “Alright… But if anything happens to Abby- ““I’ll take my own life after taking theirs!” Eve snarled before they two of them started to walk once more.

 

She knew what the risks were to leave their Abby alone with the likes of Ebon. But the reward would be worth it in the end. They just had to have faith, that Abby knew what she was doing. But they already knew the answer to that. So, faith had no purpose butting in.

 

‘We’ll see you again real soon, my Amore…’

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

~ Present ~

 

Sitting in absolute silence as she heard from both Casey and Eve what they had done, Abby was simply at a loss for words. ‘They can’t be serious…’ They hated each other! “That may be true…” “But we love ya more Abby.”

Looking between the two of them, the shrunken teen soon shifted her gaze up to Casey now as… a pair of glowing red eyes met her own. She could see it. The truth was there. Not to mention, how close they were now suddenly acting. But even seeing it, she couldn’t believe it.

“Regardless if you believe what we say or not, it is the truth. So now, we ask that you please reflect on your former statements, and… if possible, renounce them.” Eve spoke pleadingly. Nodding quickly Casey soon leaned down so her face was right beside the Vampire’s hands. “Please, Abby! Ya have no idea how much we want this. And… I can feel ya out now! I can tell ya want it to! We won’t fight! I swear it on me mum! We made a bond! S-So, there’s no reason ta say no now… r-right?”

Looking back at the headless girl as she spoke frantically, the shrunken girl looked back up at Eve now, but she could see the same frantic look on her face that had been on her own. What had they done…?

Lowering her eyes, the diminutive girl shivered weakly as she let it all sink in. She didn’t know a lot about Vampires, or even about the bond Eve had made with her in all honesty. But, what she did to Casey was permanent. She could tell that much from what the twins were like now.

‘T-They did it, knowing I might still say no…’ Those stupid girls! Now they were stuck like this! How could they not think it through first before asking her if she would accept it?! Wincing, both Eve and Casey shared glances to one another before the regal blonde softly sighed.

“We did this because there was nothing to go back to Abby.” Looking up at the older Hominal with mixed emotions, the blonde simply shook her head. “When you denied us both the honor of becoming your mate… it… broke us… What possible reason would we have not to do something that can rectify what we’ve done!”

Nodding slowly, Casey soon smiled before reaching forward to touch the shrunken girl. “It ain’t like the boyd didn’t tell me what I was gettin into. She told me everythin… mostly. I decided I wanted this. Ya got no reason to feel guilty over shit like this! So, stop it! Just bein able to feel what ya feel… is enough to make me happy.” She whispered out, a genuine tone of joy gracing the headless girls’ words as she stroked the human’s cheek. She felt like there was a much deeper connection now. One she didn’t even know she was missing out on before.

Feeling the love rolling off of them both, Abby continued to shake her head. They really went this far… just for the sake of her maybe saying yes?! “Of course!” “Naturally.” Picking up the teen so she could cradle her now instead, Casey whimpered before shaking her head.

“W-We’ll do anythin ya ask of us. B-But please, change yer mind. We promised not to fight! We even grew closer too! And… as far as we can tell, there’s no reason for ya to say no now. We love ya, Abby. So please, can ya just… say, maybe?” Casey pleaded.

Staring back at Casey as her blood-moon tinted eyes pierced her soul, the diminutive human lowered her head, as she wondered. ‘It’s, a privilege…’ Ebon’s words felt even stronger now. For all intense and purposes… she had changed the very lifestyles of two different species because they wanted to be with her. Why… WHY DID EVERYONE THINK SHE WAS SO SPECIAL?!

 

“BECAUSE YA ARE YA EEJIT!”

“Because you’re worth everything to us you daft girl!”

 

Looking up at the angry expressions of both Hominal, tears soon filled the smaller girls’ eyes as she softly cried. This love… She… she wanted it so badly. It was a feeling, that she never knew she needed until she met them.

Feeling a hand draped over each of her sides, the brunette didn’t even need to open her eyes to know too whom they belonged. They were different to each their own... and she loved the feeling of each of them equally. Lacing their fingers together, Casey and Eve shared a look before smiling back at one another.

“If you’re worth our lives… then why wouldn’t you think we would do this much for you? We just ask, that you give in, and accept it. Even if you still say no, there’s nothing you could do about it. We’ll still love you. And there’s no power on this godforsaken world that would change how we both feel for you, our Amore.”

“She’s right… I can feel her love for ya. It’s greater than anything else. And so is mine. The boyd can confirm it. We’ll take whatever steps we gotta to make you the happiest human in the world! So please… can ya make us the happiest Hominal to?”

Sniffling as she felt both Eve and Casey’s fingers gently stroking and rubbing her cheeks as she cried, the smaller girl smiled weakly. She didn’t deserve this. “YES YOU DO!” “YES YOU DO!” Laughing from their unanimous response, the brunette weakly opened her eyes, before her head gently began to nod on its own.

 

“I… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… Can… I please, be both of your mates…?”

 

It was greed. She didn’t want to upset anyone… and now she got everything without making any sacrifices in return. She had to be the worst mate imaginable. Feeling a simultaneous flick from both giantess’ hands, Eve leaned her face closer to the brunette, before her lips soon parted into a vicious grin.

“Greed is good~.” Shuddering as her face was consumed by the Vampires lips, Abby sunk into the larger girl’s embrace, as she felt a warm feeling spread through her. ‘I-I missed, this…’ Keeping the smaller teen in place for a few more moments, the blonde eventually broke off her kiss before Casey’s face took Eve’s place.

“Heh… W-We did to… We’re sorry… so, let's make it up to ya now.” Kissing Abby herself, the Dullahan was a bit more forceful, but, the smaller girl was used to that by now. After all, both of them were different. And that was what she loved the most about each of them.

Quivering as she felt the brunettes love rolling off of her, Casey wanted to cry as she bathed in the emotions of the smaller girl. This was bliss! Feeling a hand placed on her shoulder however, the larger girl soon broke away as she heard the Vampiress’ voice echo out in her mind.

‘She’s still a Human Casey. Let her breathe.’ Panting softly, the younger Hominal blushed brightly before shaking her head. “S-Sorry! I… I just really missed that too!” Joining the larger child as she tried to catch her own breath, a crooked smile overtook the teenagers face as she felt Eve’s hands continue to gently stroke her.

As much as she loved how this turned out, the smaller girl soon felt worry overtake her, something both girls picked up on swiftly. “I-Is this, really alright you two? I… I don’t know much about your species… but, for humans… it’s frowned on to date more than one person. Its…” “Unnatural?”

Nodding timidly, Eve was the first to sigh before shaking her head. “It is definitely something our species have in common. Hominal do not mate with the same target of another’s affection. That being said… I dare you to point out what IS, natural about our, relationships together~, fufufu.”

Hearing the blonde’s melodic laughter, Abby shifted her gaze to Casey now as she saw an equally amused reaction. “The hell ya starin at me for? I hadn’t even kissed another till I met ya. As far as I know, we should be banging trees and singin shanties in the moonlight.” The redhead shrugged earning a glowering scowl from the shorter blonde.

“That, will not be necessary. I assure you both. Lets just put it this way, Abby. Even if the state of which we choose to be with you is unnatural, we will bare it, and any hardships it might bring forth, simply because, we’ll be with you.” Eve smiled.

Feeling the shrunken girl's worries falling away, both Eve and Casey smiled before leaning down again as they traded the smaller teen kisses. Giggling as her face was pecked back and forth, the brunette soon began pushing her two overly affectionate titans away as she smiled back at them warmly.

‘I guess… this means I’m your mate's now…’ She didn’t think it would happen anytime soon, let alone at all after that morning… but, it seemed fate had more in store for her then she had first realized upon coming here.

Blinking silently as the teenager’s thoughts passed through her mind, Eve shifted her crimson orbs away momentarily as she thought along the same lines as the smaller girl. Fate was something Najia brought up frequently in their travels. But she had never really put much thought into the matter. She didn’t believe in luck… or in Providence. But… how everything turned out since Najia returned with her wounds…

It almost felt like it had been guided by a greater force. Sighing as her mentors’ words haunted her even now, the little Vampiress quickly cast away her thought-provoking notions of higher powers aside as she shifted her focus back down the Abby.

“Well… as much as I’d like to continue this, and see just where it might lead us, I think we should probably get you back to Kari now. Casey did mention that she was worried for you.” Keeping her hands pressed into Casey’s lips as the redhead tried to sneak in another quick kiss, the smaller teen looked back up art Eve before quickly nodding.

She had almost forgotten all about the younger girl! She had to be worried sick! Cringing as her face was smacked by Casey as she gave finally got the extra kiss, she had been trying to give her, the Dullahan grinned cheekily before propping her hands behind her head.

“Alright, I guess we should see to the boyd. Maybe even convince her to change ya back now to~.” The redhead grinned before getting smacked upside the head by the little Vampire. “Abby has already chosen to remain as she is until Najia is awake and well. Do not be selfish!” Eve snapped as she tried to cover up the shrunken girls’ thoughts. Now that they were linked… it was only a matter of time till the younger girl learned that Kari had betrayed Abby… and that would surely upset everyone involved.

Watching as the older girl gave her a knowing smile, Abby silently thanked her. The last thing the little witch needed right now was Casey to get angry with her. She had already forgiven her for what happened after all. There was no point bringing it up again.

Hearing some whining complaints from the redhead as the blonde gave her back simple and short responses, the smaller teen simply sat in amusement before quietly shaking her head. No matter what happened now… it seemed like she had finally braved the storm, and that all of her obstacles until this point, were finally behind her.

 

Well, almost all of them.

 

Hearing the light bickering of banter coming from the two squabbling Hominal beside her, Abby simply grinned before giggling herself. She could deal with this at least.

 

 

To be continued~.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

So, we finaly got to the point of the story some of you have probably been waiting for. Don't worry, theres more to come. And in case anyone asks, this was intended from the beginning, so I don't want anyone to think my decisions were swayed by comments. 

 

:P

 

Or, that the troubles over...

 

Bye~!