- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey, hey! I'm back again! Sorry it took so long this time. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to cram into this chapter, but after careful consideration, and a reminder of what happened the last time i tried doing that to long with a certain little blonde Vampire, I shortened the length... moderately.

Either way, We've arrived to Ebon's chapter. I know a lot of you were wondering just what made the little Dragoness tick. Well, here it is!

I hope you all enjoy. and tell me what you think!

It’s been so long, but I remember everything so vividly. From the day I awoke, until the time I met Najia. Everything is fresh within my mind. All my burdens… battles… precious things. They never leave my mind. And, that’s probably how I got to the point we're at now. Along with why I don’t trust you… But you’ve earned… something. So, let me see just how trustworthy you claim to be after I tell you what happened to me, and, how I came to be here now with Ivy…

I don’t know where I came from, only that I was hatched in some kind of swamp in the highlands. Though I’ll never be able to find it again, the place, I once called my home…

 

~ Forestry Marshlands, unknown. ~

 

It was dark but vibrant with sounds. Clicking… Chirping… Rattling… so many noises. What were they? Had to find out… had to know, what they all were, and to what they belonged to…

Reaching her hand forward, a barrier barred the blind creature as it pushed against the invisible wall. What was trapping it? It was hard, yet malleable. It had to be broken! The noises, they were getting louder.

Scrapping tiny yet jagged claws into the surface, the soft wall started to press forward, before the creature’s hand broke free, and the light finally shined in. Light? It was so… bright… to bright. What, intriguing… What else was outside of the barrier?

Thrusting another matching black and scaly hand forward, the barring surface finally gave way before shattering apart and releasing it’s held captive from within. Wincing her eyes, a small child who looked older than an infant, yet younger then toddler blinked a pair of crimson, glowing eyes, as she now adjusted herself to her new environment.

 

“G… geh… GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Releasing a loud cry into the air, one that seemingly radiated authority and power, the child soon fell forward before panting softly, her eyes slowly adjusting to their new perspective. Wiggling her fingers gently, as her movement came as a new revelation to her, the infantile girl blinked her inner eyelids sideways before looking down at her hands…

They were black, and surrounded by scales. And at the ends of her fingertips, were sharp, white spikes. Lifting her clawed digits upward, the child gently tapped them together curiously before looking around, a sense of foreign wonder inhabiting her as she tried to comprehend anything and everything her vision presented to her.

Giant stocks of wood… large rock piles… bubbling… water? Tilting her head around in interest, the child crawled forward before fumbling to the ground in surprise. Snarling briefly, the raven-haired girl kicked away some type of white coating that was clinging to her legs as she looked at what remained of what had held her captive.

‘Egg.’ Lifting her head up as something came into her mind, something she had never seen before, the child looked back at the object before tilting her head back and forth. It seemed like, whenever she looked at something, it came to her what it was. But that didn’t tell her who she was or what she was doing here.

Feeling something brush against her, the child quickly turned around, before feeling it again. Making a few quick turns, she soon paused before tilting her flexible head behind her shoulder. ‘Tail.’ It was just her tail…

Wiggling it for a moment, the child soon began to giggle before reaching for it before walking in a few small circles. It looked like it wanted to play! Play? Tilting her head again as a word came to her mind she had never heard of, the child quickly looked around as her eyes inner lids blinked a few times, almost as if to zero in on something.

However, that is exactly what they did, as the glistening child, still coated in whatever remained from within her egg, saw something scurrying around on the ground. It had scales… and claws… It was like her!

Grinning widely, the child quickly dropped on all fours before attempting to run towards it… before falling flat on her face. Growling again, the draconic creature tried to move her legs, but they didn’t respond as quickly as her arms had for some reason.

It took quite a while, but eventually, she figured it out. It seemed the process of walking was foreign as well, even if she knew what it was, to begin with. Taking a few rigid steps forward until she was sure she wouldn’t stumble once more, the reptilian girl nodded happily before she began looking around again.

Where had her prey gone? ‘Prey…’ Feeling something come over her, almost like a pulse of excitement, the child shivered briefly before she began looking with new vigor. She liked that word. She craved it really.

Watching the rocks around her closely, it wasn’t long at all until a new creature appeared. It had been like the last with scales and caws, though this one was smaller. But that didn’t deter the child as she quickly took off.

Running on all fours once more, this time without the tripping she had been experiencing up until now, the infantile girl growled happily as she jumped forward in the air before crashing into the startled creature before she rolled down the cliff, clinging to it with glee.

Leaning up once she came to a stop, the child quickly leaned up before looking at her prize. Thrashing around in her hands, the small scaly creature looked at her with eyes like her own as they studied one another.

But, only one of them saw the other as something else then what they were. ‘Prey…’ It was called prey. And even if she had just played with it… she knew what she had to do now with it too. Following her instincts, the child’s lower jaw began to open, as two rows of sharp and radiant teeth met the small lizard she had caught.

 

Prey was prey… and it was now hers.

 

It was thrilling… and she wanted to learn more…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Not long after I was born, I learned what it meant to live. I don’t know of my broad or to whom I was conceived, but that meant little since I never knew any better to begin with. I spent most of my days running around my new home, as I hunted daily for food… and for fun. It was exhilarating! The feeling is indescribable. It’s much like the one I get now, but, when it’s newer, and you're inexperienced with it, the stakes were far greater.

Some days I learned that I couldn’t just outrun my food. I had to outthink it! Luring it… corning it… dominating it’s every action! These are things I picked up as time went on… and it furthered my understandings of what it truly meant, to be a Dragon.

And it also taught me a valuable lesson, in dominance. The strong fight for what they want and the weak either give it to them or fall victim to the strong. This is what it means to be the hunter, or the hunted…

 

 

Sitting perched on top of an old tree, the small Dragon girl blinked repeatedly as she studied what was in front of her. Was it prey? Was it something to be played with? She didn’t know. But she got the feeling it didn’t like her… Not that she cared either way.

Hissing loudly up at her, a larger creature twice her size stood up on its hind legs as it bared its hooked fangs her way. It was completely coated in scales like her forearms and hide, but it looked more akin to the lizards and snakes she had been hunting until now rather than herself. What bizarre manner of being was this?

As curious as she was though, that meant little. It was challenging her dominance. Digging her claws into the tree branch she sat atop, the little Dragon bared her teeth before a guttural growl began to emanate.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

Watching the creature recoil from her vocal threat, the child knew what to do. Leaping off the tree and landing in front of the strange lizard creature, the black scaled girl took in a deep breath, before her lungs began to heat up.

‘Fire…’ It was something that kept her warm at all times, and now it would warm up this thing as well, and possibly make it tasty to eat too. Breathing outward as a plume of orange flames spewed forth from her jaws, the child blew her fire onto the strange creature as she heard it hissing angrily from her assault.

Blowing out smoke after her breath gave way, the younger girl snarled once more as she looked down at the convulsing creature now littered with burns and scorches. It challenged her, and it lost. She knew not why it did it, but now it saved her the trouble of having to hunt for a couple of days. Not that she minded.

 

Regardless… it was time to eat…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

As time went on, the place I now called my home quickly became my domain. Anything that entered it I swiftly fought with, until only I reigned over it. It wasn’t long until the surrounding creatures, all Beastial to the best of my knowledge quickly learned not to challenge me anymore.

Be it one on one, or an ambush, I never relented! I was the queen of my mountain, and all beneath me either left me alone or fed me. But, at some point, food began to become scarcer and scarcer… It could have been due to my need for the hunt… or simply the changing of seasons.

Regardless, I needed to expand my domain, and claim what was my birthright! So, I moved on and started taking more and more of my land. I fought with lizard beings, Naga, even, a giant fish being! And I always came out on top! But, on one of my explorations, something happened…

I remember it like it was yesterday…

 

I found something, that changed my life…

 

 

Flapping her wings freely as she soured in the sky high above the tree line, the little raven-haired Dragon, now about the age of what one would consider a small child, peered over her lands as she hunted for her next meal.

This area was new. It had been farther south of her original nesting grounds, and it had been ripe for the taking! All the food had dried up around the base of her mountain, or more moved on to other ones. She didn’t mind though. It just meant she had to keep an eye on the lesser beings around her if she ever got too hungry.

Sometimes they shared their bounty with her as an act of respect. But other times, they would try and horde it for themselves… This didn’t bode well with her. Such as now…

 

Sniff… sniff, sniff… 'Food…’

 

Something smelled wonderful! Bearing her fangs before swooping towards the ground, the child quickly fell upon a small cave that was surrounded by lizard creatures. They were very common in this region, and many knew of her well. Such as these ones…

As the Dragon landed soundlessly amongst the group of Beastials, many hissed loudly before backing away from her due to fear. Raising her head up and looking around, the child continued to sniff as her eyes locked onto a large white rock that one of the creatures had been carrying.

That was it! It smelled delicious! She wanted it! Bearing her fangs at the Beastial in question that held HER food, the creature hissed in agitation as the other lizards ran away fearfully. Opening her mouth as she began to summon up her flames, a process she frequently used to intimidate the lesser beings around her, the little Dragon soon closed it as she saw the Beastial lower its body to the ground before setting the strange rock down and backing away.

Blowing out the smoke from her previous action, the raven-haired girl jerked her head as she signaled for the Beastial to leave, much to its relief. She had her prize, so letting her future prey go was of no concern.

Approaching the strange object as she studied it closely, the child tilted her head to the side. Now that she was closer to it, something confused her about it. It smelled amazing… but not in the same way food did. It was almost like, she was just drawn to it for some reason.

Kneeling over it and resting her claws against its surface, the little Dragon gently rapped on the stone as she felt it over. It made a weird noise. Was it, hollow? Did that mean something inside of it was what she really wanted?

Flexing her sharp digits, the child quickly roared before stabbing her claws forward… before hissing in pain. IT WAS HARD! IT WAS TO HARD! Feeling her hand twitching in discomfort, the little Dragoness snarled angrily before moving her teeth over the top of it.

Biting down gently as she tried to crack the strange oval like object, the younger girl soon pouted as her teeth made no impact on it at all. This had never happened before. She could pry open rocks and bite through just about anything she wanted.

No wonder the Lizards were carrying it. If she couldn’t open up its contents then neither could they. Pulling her mouth off of the rock, the Dragoness scowled as she began moving the stone around in her hands. It was about half her size, but very warm and pleasant to hold.

‘Treasure?’ Wondering if this thing qualified or not as one of the strange objects she had encountered on her journeys, the little Dragon eventually nodded. Even if she couldn’t get whatever it was inside of the rock outside of it, that didn’t mean it wasn’t still of value to her. It was now hers.

Pulling it closer to her bare chest, the child rested her chin on top of it before hugging the rock closer and inhaling its scent. She could sleep with it peacefully at night. It filled her with even more warmth then her fire did for some strange reason. This thing would probably be an even greater treasure to her in the end than anything else she had found up until now.

So, it was settled. She needed to bring it back to her domain. However, that proved rather problematic…

 

It was heavy… very, heavy…

 

It would be a long walk back at this rate…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

I didn’t know it at the time, but this discovery was the single greatest moment of my life. Because without it, I would have never encountered her…

But it was hard to understand what I had found in the first place. Unlike the other things that came to me almost naturally…

 

The egg of another Dragon brood did not…

 

 

Laying curled up on the ground of her cave, the little raven-haired Dragon pup slept soundly as she clung to the warmth of her newest treasure. It had been a couple weeks since she had discovered it, but those weeks were some of the most pleasurable she had ever experienced.

She didn’t even want to go out hunting unless it was to feed herself… and even then, that bored her. It was like this thing consumed her every action… her every second of the day. It was just so… alluring. Nuzzling the white rock closer as her cheek pressed against it, the Dragoness lulled in and out of her slumber periodically, until a strange sound eventually roused her.

 

‘Crick… crick-crick…’

 

It sounded like something, cracking… A tree branch maybe? Lifting her head up as her reptilian eyes blinked a few times, the child scowled as she wondered what was foolish enough to try and approach her mountain. Nothing ever survived, and the creatures here knew to stay away from her for that reason.

Perhaps it would go away… she didn’t really feel like going out of her way to stop whatever it was. Not when she had her precious treasure to hold…

 

 

“G-Gao…?”

 

Growing rigid as a muffled noise emanated right next to her, the black Dragoness was on her feet in an instant and on full alert, as she heard a soft noise echo out beside her. Something got that close to her while she slept?!

However…

 

Pausing as she looked around, the child soon grew confused as she continued to hear more and more cracking sounds. She was alone though… so what was it? Reaching for her treasure instinctively, the younger girl soon froze as her claws that were resting on the top of it, suddenly fell through it…

Looking down in shock as her hand completely entered the glowing white stone, it soon became apparent to the little Dragon just what that strange sound had been. Yanking her hand back frantically, the child backed away in confusion as she saw cracks spreading through the entirety of her stone.

What was it doing?! What was going on with her treasure! Ducking almost instinctively as fragments of the rock shot out and exploded, the little Dragon pup snarled in anger before her eyes widened. The rock had finally been cracked… but, it was no rock…

Blinking in surprise as she stared at what had been inside of it, the child’s lower jaw began to tremble before she bared her teeth. Sitting inside the bottom of what was left of her now destroyed treasure, was a little girl.

She was as pale as snow, and somehow even her hair and white scales that littered her body were even brighter than that. It was… not, a lizard or a snake thing. She didn’t know what it was. “G-Gao…? Gao!” Hearing a tiny barking chirp from the infantile creature, the raven-haired Dragoness stalked forward as she continued to growl at her.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Lifting its petite head up as she heard the fierce cry beside her, the younger girl turned her head to the side before what remained of her shell slid off her face, revealing her features to the older girl. “Gao…?” As their eyes met, the older of the two soon began to calm, before her menacing growls all but faded away as they looked into one another's eyes.

“Gaooo…” Grunting softly as she looked at her would be intruder… or more, whatever it had been she had brought into her own domain, the Dragoness continued to stare at the child, as her red eyes were caught by the infant’s azure ones. Her appearance… her scales… the way she cooed back at her… She was no Lizard or snake… She was like her.

‘Dragon…’ It was another of her kind… though, very different in appearance. Turning her head to the older child, the little white Dragon pup continued to stare at her before a wide smile spread across her face as she brandished her sharp pearly teeth back at her.

“Gao! Gao!”

 

Feeling drawn by the child’s call, the raven-haired Dragoness cautiously approached before sitting down over her. Reaching one of her claws forward, the older of the two began brushing off fragments of the little pups shell as she cleaned her off.

She didn’t quite understand it… but that same thing she had been drawn to before with her egg was still present. Her scent was intoxicating…

 

Though the nature of what she had been had vastly changed…

 

In the end, she was still her Treasure.

 

And the value of it only grew upon her birth.

 

For now, she was no longer alone.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

The nature of Ivy’s existence was one of bizarre for me. I had never seen nor knew of any others of my kind. So, discovering her had been… strange. But, just one look at her, and I knew she was mine. I wanted nothing more, then to take care of her. It felt like I NEEDED to. This compulsion, it wasn’t fightable either. But I didn’t mind.

With her there, I soon felt like something had been filled that I hadn’t even realized was missing. She was my companion. And as the seasons passed us by, I slowly began to accept her as if she were one of my own brood. Though we’re not related… I still see her as what other species call, family?

Regardless… it was a challenge teaching her things. Where stuff came to me almost naturally… they avoided her like a plague…

 

“GAOOOOOOO!”

 

“Gao!”

 

“GAO, GAOOOOOOOO!”

 

“Ga… Ga?”

 

 

Huffing in annoyance as she rested on all fours, the older of the two Dragon’s arched her back as she raised her mouth to the sky. “GAOOOOOOOOOOO!” This was an intimidation tactic. It was how you showed your dominance! And now, it was her turn!

Looking back at the little white Dragon pup again, the older girl soon growled as she saw her sitting on her bottom curiously watching the birds that flew above them. “Gao!” Pacing behind her diminutive treasure, the raven-haired girl gently bit down on the back of the infant’s neck before lifting her up.

Walking away a few feet and setting her down behind one of the many large boulders that surrounded them, the older girl forced the infant on her belly before letting her go. “Gao, Gaoooo!” Mimicking her position and crawling back on all fours, the larger Dragoness snarled before raising her jaws to the sky before releasing a powerful roar!

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Letting fire sneak past her lips as her teeth ground against each other, the child soon nodded before looking back down at her younger counterpart, before her former scowl resurfaced. Looking at the ground as her tiny clawed digits batted at a small trail of ants passing through, the porcelain haired pup giggled playfully causing the raven-haired girl to blow out a puff of smoke before shaking her head.

How was she to show dominance over others like that! Picking the infant up and taking her to yet another location, hopefully, one where she wouldn’t get distracted, the older Dragon continued on with her training. She didn’t know how long it had been… but the little one would eventually learn what it meant to be a Dragon…

 

"Gao! Gao!"

 

P-Probably…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Time passed by quickly when I was with Ivy, and it didn’t take long for us to begin interacting with each other almost as if we had been hatched and raised with one another all along. When it came to hunting, I would always take the lead, with her following behind me.

But she never could seem to finish off her prey as I could. Even her flames seemed harder to harness. Every once and awhile she could bring them up, but other times it would simply extinguish in her throat before anything happened. I often wondered… as I still do to this day, if there might be something wrong with her…

But, I didn’t care then, nor do I now. Where she lacked certain abilities, others grew in their place. She often had a keen nose, one I wanted myself. She would react to things much quicker than I ever could. Whenever I went out hunting and came back to our domain, she would be sitting down right at the entrance of our cave jumping up and down happily upon seeing me.

It… it was cute.

But her instincts have never been wrong. Never…

 

Which is what led us to our, painful experience, with your kind…

 

 

Standing over the corpse of a dead dear, the older Dragoness bit down gently on the mammal’s tender flesh before tearing off a chunk to eat. This section of land was new. It had much more mature food to hunt. Licking her lips as the taste of fresh meat greeted her senses, the black Dragon pup looked behind her as she saw Ivy hesitantly sniffing the unmoving doe.

“Gao!” Puffing out her cheeks a bit, the porcelain Dragon waddled over to the animal as she simply continued to smell it. They hadn’t eaten since yesterday. She should have been ravenous like herself. Shaking her head in annoyance, the older of the two went back to her meal as she tried to gather as much energy as her body could hold.

Food this lively was hard to find in their domain anymore. Each hunt had to be farther and farther away. They would no doubt need to move their region come the cold time. It was fast approaching, and other creatures were already leaving.

“Gao! Gaooo!” Pulling her teeth back as she clung to a particularly tough hunch of muscles, the older Dragon looked back at her charge before her eyes shot open instantly. Arching her back and squatting in a defensive position, one which her small counterpart had already been mimicking, both Dragons began to snarl as they saw a group of… something, standing not too far off from them.

Darting her red eyes back and forth as she studied to bizarre beings, the older pup began summoning her fire to her throat as it burned away the last of the meat that had remained in her mouth. She had never seen this species before. It was no lizard, no snake, nor water-dweller.

It stood on its hind legs and had no notable traits beyond a tuff of fur atop its head. Though one thing was for certain… They smelled delicious. Licking her lips, the older of the two Dragons gazed back at the lead creature apparently leading the group as she saw it lifting its hands in the air.

 

“kjshdfbkshduf! Odifjjsldkjflsdij!”

 

It spoke… but, it didn’t sound like any noise she had ever heard a creature make before. The tones it used were high and low. Was it a threatening call? Tilting her head to the side, the younger girl eventually opened her mouth before blowing a plume of fire to the sky.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

Panting viciously, the smaller Dragon smirked as she saw the beings backing up considerably. Regardless of what they were, they knew their place. They were just food in the end. And obedient ones at that. They were of no concern.

Turning her head back to her current meal, the Dragoness began eating again, until something else registered in her ears. Looking beside her at her smaller counterpart, the older girl had to pause. The little white Dragon pup was growling. She hadn’t stopped since these things approached them.

She had never witnessed her being this hostile before. Smirking in approval, the older girl began eating once more. This was progress. Now she just needed to teach her to act like that around everything else.

 

She might just make her into a proper Dragon one day after all.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

This interaction was what sparked the fire, that changed me and Ivy’s lives forever. I was a fool to think these things were nothing of concern. After all, you Humans truly are, a blight on this earth. Your foul smell… your rancid taste… it’s like ashes in my mouth now…

But Ivy knew that all along. And her instincts, are why I listen to her, and her alone. Mine failed me that day…

 

And they failed me once more, the next time we encountered you as well…

 

 

 

 

Flying swiftly through the skies, along with her smaller white counterpart clinging to the tip of her tail, the black Dragoness began her hunt for the day with excitement in her eyes. It had been a few cycles since she came here, and she loved it! The hunts were harder! And the prey was even more delicious here than back in her old lands!

Even the younger Dragon pup seemed to like it here more too! She had started hunting on her own! This was a good place. Though, this day was not for some reason. The food that ran around the earth, and even the targets in the sky… were seemingly absent today.

They had begun their hunt not too long ago but had neither seen hide, tail, or feather of their food. Perhaps it was closer to that time of season then she had initially thought. If this was the case, it would be better to find a burrow or an occupied cave for them to stay in. One that was already full of food they could leisurely eat until it passed and the hunts were abundant once more.

As she pondered these thoughts midair, a certain smell soon entered the older Dragon’s nostrils enthralling her immediately. ‘Food!’ It smelled delicious! It was theirs! Swooping down instantly, and with enough force to startle her hovering charge that was hanging on behind her, both Dragons fell to the ground with a crashing force, as the older of the two began to snarl dominantly.

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Announcing their arrival as she always did, the black Dragoness look behind her first to make sure the younger pup was alright. She couldn’t fly on her own yet, so it was important for her to cling to her so she could lead. Seeing the little white infant beginning to growl as she crawled onto her feet on her own, the older of the two nodded approvingly before she turned to face whatever prey had given off that wonderful aroma.

However, what she found was unexpected. Looking around in surprise as she saw a bunch of beings all huddled together over fires, the Dragoness had to pause and simply observe. It was them… The strange ones, as she dubbed them.

They all looked different though. Before, when she had last encountered this species, they had all resembled each other. Tall, bipedal beings with tuffs of fur on their heads. But now, they came in every shape! Some were round, others thin. Some were humongous, others nearly the size of the smaller Dragon pup! Some looked like they were clothed in rags, others bare and wearing nearly nothing. Though that did prove to her they had fur in places other than just their heads.

Regardless, they all seemed to freeze upon seeing her… and the noises they made, died off instantly. Mimicking their stance as she tried to impose her presence, the older Dragoness stood up on her hind legs before puffing out her chest, before smoke began to seep through her bared teeth.

It was, a grand, feast! This would solve all of their food problems for the season! Looking back at her younger charge excitedly, the older girl soon paused as she saw a fearful look on the younger pups face as she continuously growled. Was, she scared?

They were Dragon’s! They feared nothing! “Gaooooo!” Barking at the younger girl, the older of the two looked back at the bizarre creatures, before a strange look fell over her face. Some of them were shuffling around with things in their arms. Things, that smelled good.

Inhaling the tantalizing scent, the older girl grinned before stalking forward, leaving her younger charge stationary behind her as she held her ground. She liked these creatures. They knew their place! Keeping a vicious smile on her face as the beings around her all separated and moved out of her path willingly, it wasn’t long till she stood in front of a taller one who was holding what she wanted.

“Gaooooo…” ‘Give me…’ Wondering if this thing knew what she had wanted, the scaled child soon smirked as it lowered what it was holding in front of her obediently. What a wonderful species indeed! Looking down at the strange object, the younger girl soon moved her claws over it before they began slicing through whatever it was.

As the outer shell fell apart, she soon saw what was inside of it before her mouth watered. It was food… But it was different than the food she had hunted prior. It looked darker… and had exotic smells to it she had never seen. Grabbing a fistful of the strange meat, the Dragoness looked back up at the towering being before smirking.

It was an offering. Other species did this to. Usually, it was the lizards, as they gave her their own when she was hunting. But these beings gave her something much better. She would keep them for future use for this. Possibly even protect them as well if they stayed as hospitable as they seemingly were now. Chomping the meat in her hands savagely as she tasted it firsthand, the younger girl’s eyes widened to new proportions.

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

It was delicious! Falling to the ground and snapping at the hunches of meat carelessly, the older girl ate with gusto and devoured all that she could! This was not rich with energy whatsoever… But, the one of a kind tastes made it all the worthwhile to eat it! It was simply, a delicacy. One of these beings could seemingly only produce. It was a greater offering then she could have ever dreamed of.

Continuing to eat uncaringly, a single noise seemingly snapped her out of her gluttonous daze as she peered over her shoulder… dizzily? Looking back at her younger charge as she saw her letting out repeated calls and yips, the older pup soon began to stiffen.

Why, was she calling her… like… that… Feeling her legs fall out under her, the Dragoness suddenly fell to the ground in front of the food she had been devouring as her eyes started to fade in and out… along with her other senses.

“G-G-Ga… Gaaooooo…” Weakly growling, the older girl could do little but watch as the large being in front of her began pulling away from her offering, before others moved in on her. It… was a trick…

 

Trying to summon her strength, the child soon closed her eyes and began to fade into unconsciousness.

 

The last thing she heard, being the sounds of the younger white pup, calling out to her for help…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

This felt wrong…

 

Heavy… she felt, so heavy.

 

 

Something was wrong. And she could hear it now.

 

 

“Gao! Gaaooooo! Gaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

 

 

Cries… she was crying out, for her…

 

 

Why couldn’t she answer her? She had, to, answer!

 

 

“Ge…. Ga…. G-Gao…!”

 

 

Opening her heavy eyelids, lights faded in and out of existence, as strange things filled her field of vision. This wasn’t normal. Her head… thumped. Her eyes, burned… Her ears… stung. Everything was wrong. Clenching her fists, the black Dragon pup tried to move, but something restrained her. She couldn’t so much as lift her wrist, and she could barely turn her head.

“Gao! Gaooo! Gaooooo!”

 

She needed her… Her treasure… she was calling her! Forcing her eyes open painfully, the black Dragoness slowly began to snarl, as she tried to summon her voice back to her. Watching in agony as her vision span around endlessly, the strange sights and sounds slowly began to fall in sync, before she eventually regained enough of her senses, to grasp just where she was.

“Gaooo… GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

 

Roaring in rage, the older Dragon Pup tried to jerk her arm forward, but nothing happened. Lifting her head up, soon proved impossible. Something tightened around her neck when she tried. She… she was bound! WHO WOULD DARE TO BIND HER! Tilting her head to the side as she looked at her outstretched arm, the child’s eyes widened as she saw something thing pressed painfully tight into her wrist.

It was vibrating, and she knew what it was. It was one of the metals she had encountered before. Though it looked shinier than most. That being said, it wasn’t a good one like the yellow of silver ones she loved to collect. This one was an ugly murk colored one, and the vibrations it gave off were barely anything to make it worth being one of her treasures. It was just, junk.

Tugging on the *junk* as she tried to remove it from her wrists, the child soon snarled in rage as it didn’t so much as budge from her powerful thrashes. Tilting her head to the other side to view her other arm as well, soon proved that it was the exact same circumstance.

This was probably the same with her feet to… and, her tail! Wiggling the appendage back and forth, only the tip seemed able to move. She could feel the dim vibrant metals all around her. Two on her wrists. One on her neck. Three on her midsection. two on her legs, and one on her ankles. And, five on her tail…

Whatever this was… it felt like it was made specifically for her. While she couldn’t move, and the metals that impaired her movement were very tight. The spacing seemed… perfect. These things would never fit her younger charge.

Widening her eyes instantly, the older child soon screamed as she called out to the younger pup. “GAOOOOO! GAOOOOOOOO GAOOOOOOO!” “Gao! Gaoooo!” She was here! Banging her head into the wooden frame behind her, the older girl tried desperately to see the other pup, but she simply couldn’t. What was this thing!

 

“Godhhdf ists ahwakee. Thakeee thasue bahcke hasha pahyemhet.”

 

Growing still as noises filled the room, noises that she had once heard before, the older girl’s eyes darted back and forth frantically until something came into view. It was that thing! The tall creature… the tall one, that gave her food…

Snarling viciously up at the being, a fire began to swell up in the Dragoness’ throat as she tried to burn it… before she suddenly began to choke. As the flames died off, the older girl thrashed around panicked as she metal around her unguarded throat seemingly tightened on its own stopping her actions in one fell swoop… all the while the strange being made some sort of melodic croaking noise seemingly in response to her prior action.

 

“Ounted eyeted omnesta! Hatea heatel isha spiciela! Oua ounet ee ablh ou eahe iree itha aouend ouer ek! Ehaehaeha!”

 

Sneering up at the croaking creature, the black Dragon pup tried once more to summon her fire before the metal tightened up around her neck again earning even more noises from the ugly being before her. It was very apparent to her, that it was taking pleasure in this… and that pissed her off even more!

Trying and failing on many attempts to breathe her fire at the creature, the little pup soon gave in to fatigue as her vision began to fade in out. She couldn’t breathe anymore with this thing around her neck!

Hearing more and more cries from her younger charge farther off, the older pup soon fell unconscious once more, leaving her wondering, what was even going on…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“I didn’t know where I was or who or what these beings were, but, Najia filled me in later on once we were taken under her care. Apparently, Ivy and I were captured by what you call *Monster Hunters*, and sold alive to a foul group of humans who, collected, our kind. Not just Dragon’s though. There were many more…

We were just pieces in their blood-soaked collection… and used for the amusement of your kind! We were just… animals.

 

It was a Circus… A Circus, for Monsters…

 

And, we were the main attractions…

 

 

 

Sitting upright in a cage, as spikes dug painfully into the parts of her exposed flesh rather than her scaly hide, the little black Dragoness stared in front of her hatefully, as she watched dozens of different creatures walking back and forth around her prison. This was hell…

Pulling her equally bound pup closer, as the little white Dragon slept uncomfortably on top of her lap, the older of the two narrowed her crimson eyes as she saw a snake hissing at her across the way. It was a huge one. The color was off to. She had never seen one of this nature before. It looked... savage, compared to what she had seen in her region.

But that could be said about any of the other beings imprisoned here just as they were. Lizards, weird fish things, some type of bird that resembled the furless walking around outside of their cages. There were plenty of other creatures being held captive. They were all their prisoners.

And every nightfall, they would be carted out and screamed at by those things. Sometimes they would point. Other times throw objects of scraps of food their way. It was insufferable! But she would play along. Once she was free… she would make them all pay!

Digging her claws into the younger pup as she held her closer, the older child closed her eyes and tried to regain her lost strength. Every night, she had to move around, and do something. If she didn’t, they would all start to poke her with pointed sticks or worse, do the same to the younger one…

Running her hands through her little treasures hair as she regained her energy as well, the Dragoness growled audibly at the thought of anyone else taking possession of what was hers.

 

She refused.

 

No one could take her.

 

And she would do whatever these beings wanted, so long as it stayed that way…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

“Genlemee! Lalies! Wecoome uo ur sow! Tight, we brig ou thee fercst eings inn aull thee land! Yees, wee ave thee digusing eings ou aull no aund ate, ere four ur plessir ouf ving! We gve ou, Monsters!”

Listening in annoyance as the same tall being called out to the other creatures around it like it did every night, the scaly child listened intently as she tried to understand the way it made noises. It said different sounds every day that passed. But a few things repeated themselves every now and again in a pattern of sorts. Like, when it announced their arrival.

“M-Mon…ssster! Mmon, Sster…” She mumbled under her breath. It was what they said every day when they pointed at them, and all the other creature’s here for that matter. It was some type of name for what they were. Looking down at her younger counterpart as she hugged her belly timidly, the older of the two huffed as she saw one of the creatures moving towards their mobile prison.

It was how they got around. Some type of device was attached to the base of whatever they were inside so they could be pushed or pulled without having to let either of them out of it. Not resisting as her hands were pulled apart by the long connecting strips of metal around her wrists, the child only glared at the creature in front of her as it did the same thing it did every night. After her many attempts to escape, they soon chose to restrain her before they brought her out. They were smart.

She wanted nothing more than to claw at the being and set them ablaze, but it was painful to do that. And she never hit her target… Grunting in pain as the spikes around her neck dug in as the cage jutted forward, the older girl growled as she saw both of her and her pup moving towards the big opening they always went through before being brought out to be viewed.

This was the worst part…

 

“Aun tah’s itt! Wve rched thee apx oov orr shoo! Btt nowe, Lalies, Genlemee! Ie gvee oue owne ouf thee ferceesst engs livee. Ohoe? Nooot owne actali, btt TWOOU! TWOOU OUF THEE MSTT DANNGEROUSS CREESURS TOO EVEERE WAKE, FLI, OUR SOUAR ACKROOSS THEE LANDAS! Oou harde mee ritt! I gvee oue, thee twine Dragon’s! Thee blok ann wite duit! EBONY, ANN IVORY!”

 

Narrowing her eyes as she was brought out into a large open area, both Dragon’s crawled to their feet as they looked around. Just as always, these were new ones. Hearing loud noises from every direction, both children observed the new flock of furless beings as they loudly screamed, pointed, and made inaudible sounds neither could fully understand.

But, one word kept entering the fold. ‘M-Mon, ster… Mooon-sssster…’ She didn’t like it. It sounded, insulting. They were Dragons, and they knew it! Baring her teeth as she snarled, the little black Dragoness winced as she stood up on her hind legs silencing a majority of the beings around them.

“Grrrrrr… Gaoooo…. GAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

Roaring her anger back at the crowd, silence soon followed before the screams erupted anew. Whenever she screamed at them, they screamed back. It was an annoying cycle... but, it got the beings who possessed her what they wanted.

Shifting her hateful red eyes over to the person who had been speaking before they arrive, the creature looked back at her with a familiar face of smugness… one she detested. She gave it what it wanted… now, she wanted to go back. The foul smell was beginning to drive her insane…

These things had once smelled delicious. But now, after being around them for who knows how long, bound, and trapped as their prisoner… it felt like ashes in her mouth causing it to grow dry and bitter. When she got free, she would surely kill them all… but, it would never be for food…

Hearing more noises spout out from the furless leader's mouth, the tall being approached the cage before resting his hand atop the bars above her. Feeling her claws twitch as the impulse to slash and bite at the creature intensified, the child stood her ground and resisted.

This was bait.

She had fallen for it many times. He would always put himself within arms reach, but it was never enough. Flicking her tail to remind herself that the chain that bound her to the floor was never enough to reach him, the child simply let the links clank noisily as she blew smoke out of her nostrils.

Each piece of metal around her had a specific limit. And while none of them were as restrictive to bind her immobility during the show, they had all been perfectly measured, just, for, her. No matter how hard she thrashed… it was just inches, from her grasp. Something, that drove her to the edge of insanity and back upon discovering.

Snarling at the furless beings annoying face, the child hissed before blowing smoke in its face causing it to stagger back. She shouldn’t have done that… Gasping as the chain around her neck snapped hard pulling her off her feet and slamming her head into the back of the bars behind her, the younger girl was soon on her bottom as spears pointed in from every wall of the cage, and the creatures all on the outside began to scream once more.

Huffing in rage as she looked all around, the Dragoness roared again as she thrashed in place. Kill them… she wanted to kill them… THEY ALL HAD TO BE BURNED AWAY! “GAO! GAO, GAO!” Widening her eyes in a panic, the older girl craned her neck before choking on her breath. Not again!

Watching as the porcelain Dragon pup began barking back at their handlers, the older girl soon grew enraged as she watched one of them stab at her knocking the younger girl off her feet. ‘Alone… leave, her, alone!’ Screaming in rage, the older Dragoness shook the entire cage as she thrashed violently. SHE WAS HER’S!

Noticing the insane rage boiling within their prison, the leader of the creatures made some noises and hand gestures before both of them were carted away. Watching in a frenzy as the many beings around them fell out of view, the older girl panted weakly as she felt the younger girl limply laying at her side.

She had told her, to stay quiet! Growling weakly as her claws reached out painfully, both girls soon made contact as the Black Dragoness clutched the younger girl’s palms in her own. “G-Gaoooo…”

Shuddering in rage as she heard the whimpering noises the toddler made, the older girl simply lay there bound to the tee, as she waited for her captors to return eventually. Until then… she was forced to sit bound in agony, as the many spikes around her neck, midsection, and tail dug deeper into her flesh, leaving a light trail of crimson dripping down the sides of their metal prison…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Taake thee Naaga out too sstart with. After thatt wee’lll moove ontoo thee Harpies neckst, butt, leeve both of themm out. Thee crowed realliy likess it when those too beests fight with eech other, heh. After that, wee’lll shoo off ourr Mermaid tank. Make chure yu change outt thee wahter furst. It’s startin too ghet filthee an noo won wans too see thatt! An aftur thatt, wee’lll chow of thee little wons. Have they bin properlee train'd yet? Goood! Wee’lll make dubble thee proffitt iff pepple can pett those dogs or even rihide them! An of corse, wons all thee commosionss die'd douwn an calm, wee’lll briing out ourr maine attractions…”

 

Watching the small group of beings talking softly across from her, the little black Dragoness listened intently as she saw their heads turn towards her and her smaller companion. Their language was becoming clearer and clearer with each passing season they were kept here. There was patterns to their speech. It wasn't how other beings communicated. There was raised tones and angry expressions, but it wasn't to threaten. It seemed they could do that with quiet ones as well as loud ones. Whatever these furless were called... they were clearly, a dangerous species. And an intelligent one to boot... ‘A-Attract-sion… tion? Us… E-Ebony… a-and, I-I-Ivory…’ The words were becoming clearer and clearer by the day.

They were Ebony and Ivory. She was the former, and the younger pup was the ladder. What was the meaning of these names? They could always call one another when they needed to. What purpose did it serve to call them that? Not having long to ponder the words she translated herself, the child lifted her head up weakly as she glared back at the leader of the small group of furless beings before it began speaking to her. She could understand it more now... not that it seemed to notice much. As far as it was concerned... she was just a mindless, Monster.

“Ssoo how arr my too favorit little petss doinn toodaye? Arr youu goin too beehaave yourrselvess toonitte as welll? Thee lasst fihive shoowss we’vee had you’vee both bin very obedeent. If you sstay that wahay, we’lll make ture too fheed you afterwords. How doess that ssound?”

Keeping her eyes fixated on the being as his hand rested atop her cage, the younger girl made no movement at all, as she held her breath. Seeing no visible response from the younger girl, the furless nodded before giving the bars of her cage a few light taps before he went on his way.

Releasing her held air as she breathed slowly, the child looked down towards the base of the chains she had been sitting on. Thankfully, he hadn’t noticed. “Garrr… Gaoo!” Watching as the younger pup lifted her head up in an instant after feigning sleep, the older girl nodded before rolling onto her stomach to reveal the base of her restraints to the child.

Moving over towards them, the little pup once more began gnawing on them, as she had every day for the past few months. A crack had formed about a week ago… the restraints were coming undone. And thankfully, these furless didn't think that could ever happen. That would be their mistake...

Laying weakly as she heard more and more frantic noises from the younger pup grinding her teeth into the rugged metal links, the older Dragoness simply rested as she tried to use as little strength as she could. Once her bindings were broken, they would be free. She just had to buy her more time, until she could do for the little pup what she could not.

 

They would make it out of this. But it seemed like time was not on their side…

 

Every day they remained caged, a part of their former selves seemingly, vanished. It was like, they were turning into animals. Just like the ones that were all imprisoned here... Clenching her hands as she heard various roars and calls from the other *monsters* around them, the child simply closed her eyes and focused on hearing just their captors instead.

If things went on the way they were now, they too would end up just like the others…

 

And the thought alone was enough to scare her… Something that had never happened before, until now.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“And that’s it! Thank you all for coming! Oh? Were you expecting something else? Hmm, what could that be? OH! How careless of me! We DO have just one more attraction. Please, stay back, and hold your loved ones close. As we bring you, the twin terrors! The Black and White Duet! EBONY, AND IVORY!”

 

Cracking her eyes open as she heard their names called out amongst the rest of the gibberish spouted from the furless leader, the black Dragoness gave the chains behind her a light tug, before a vicious smile fell across her face. Tonight, was the night. And what better time to do it, then when there was a crowd of them. “Gao…”

Giving off a single command, the older girl glanced to her smaller counterpart as she saw the broken chain around her ankle. While the full body restraints had been ever present on her, her captors had been very foolish with only a single binding around her little treasure neck.

Even if she was docile, and not much of fighter… she was never the less, a Dragon! Watching as one of her handlers walked towards her, the older girl leaned her back into the bars of her cage as she inched away to hide what they had done.

“An here they arr! Behold, the fiercesst creasures to walk the face of arr vast green earth! Wee give yu, Dragons!” Smirking as their proper name was used, the black Dragoness leaned up slowly before standing on her two feet to look out at the wide-eyed crowd of furless, but that wasn't their names anymore, now was it? ‘H-Human.’ She had heard, that they were called that. She would make them pay… starting, with him!

Watching as the leader of the humans came towards her cage like he always did, his arm soon rested on the open bars of her cage as he talked back to the crowd. “As yu can sssee, it’ss completely domesstacated! Wee’vee sspent countless hourss trainin it! Behold!”

Watching as the man reached his arm in towards her, always within a hair’s width of her chains, a vicious smile fell over the child’s face as she stared back at the man. “H-H-Hum-maaan…” Freezing in place as a single word was uttered from the Dragoness, the leader of the caravan had little time to process his shock before a pair of sharp and jagged teeth were embedded into his arm!

Screaming at the top of his lungs, hysteria broke out within seconds as Ebon threw her head back, taking the man's entire limb with it! Roaring in bestial rage, the black Dragon unfurrowed her wings causing the severely damaged chains that bound the entirety of her harness together to shatter.

 

She was free!

 

Ripping off her spiked collar as pandemonium spread out amongst the crowd of people, the child didn’t waste the opportunity as she summoned up her fire. The pain of her collar... she would make them feel it! Roaring out past her bars at the approaching men, more screams rang out as she lit the surroundings ablaze!

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

Slashing down at the younger Dragon pup as she tore her chains apart much easier than it had been for the toddler to do for her, both girls looked around at the chaos they had caused with pleased expressions.

 

But they weren’t truly free yet. They still had to escape this cage first…

 

Stabbing her claws into the ground as she held her position, the older girl breathed in deeply before her entire stomach to her neck glowed a bright shade of white. Blowing out the hottest fires she could muster, her breath lasted for about ten seconds in total before the metal that had once been there begun to slowly dribble down itself.

Panting tiredly as her energy faded in rapid succession from her actions, both girls leaped out of the hole she had made before they stood on all fours baring their fangs at the remaining humans that had tried to approach them through the flames.

If they wanted freedom, they had to fight for it! Lowering her back in a position she had shown her counterpart, the little pup soon leaped on top of her before she launched the child forward with her wings before following up herself.

Hearing screams erupting around them, both Dragon’s went wild as they clawed and slashed at anything in their vicinity. They would be free! Blowing plumes of fire as best she could, the black Dragoness tried to keep those around her at bay, but it felt like her body, was… getting limp, and her vision, redder.

Was it, bloodlust? No… something was wrong. Her energy was just, gone… Keeping up the fight as her attacks became wilder, both girls tried to fend off the seemingly endless number of people coming towards them… but, it wasn’t them they needed to fear, as something shot out from behind the flames impaling the older of the two in her lower thigh.

Screaming in pain, the child sneered wildly before jutting backward, as something hit her shoulder, and then her lower stomach. Looking down weakly at the sticks embedded into her body, the younger girl soon felt her vision growing blurred.

‘N-N-No…’ This was their chance! Using what little strength, she had left, the older Dragon leaped to her smaller counterpart before picking up the startled Dragon in her arms. Kneeling down, the older girl soon leaped into the air as she tried to burst through the ceiling of wherever they were in. But that never happened…

Screaming as her wings were struck, what little air she had cleared soon fell away causing the two of them to plummet back to the ground before impacting with it hard. Laying prone as her body twitched and refused to listen to her, the Dragoness simply snarled and panted as humans surrounded her.

That was it… That was their one chance… and it was gone…

 

Screaming in agony as something stabbed into the webbing of her right wing, tears soon streaked the child’s face as her skin was torn apart, as whatever it was, was dragged down her flesh, rending it apart completely before it rested against her bone.

Reaching her hand forward, the little Black Dragon pup uttered a single noised before falling unconscious from the pain, leaving both their fates, back in the hands of the humans who had imprisoned them…

 

They failed...

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Our grand escape… had been a failure. And it truly forced me to understand, just where our species lied in the food chain in the grand scheme of things. While we Dragons were once at the top, your kind took over in the shadows… and outnumbered us. Energy is our source of power. And once it’s exhausted… we’re no stronger than you humans… and my captors knew this.

And this leads us to where my anger for your kind grew to… an obsession. What they did next, finally… broke me…”

 

 

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

“GAOOOOOOOOOOOO, GAOOOOOOOOOOOO, GAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

Slamming her head wildly into the ground as she was stabbed repeatedly by her full body suit of restraints, the older Dragoness thrashed around in agony as her stomach churned miserably, and her eyes glowed a bloody red.

‘F-Food…’ She needed… food. Thrashing even harder as the pain intensified, the child was left to stew in her cage as humans walked farther and farther away from her. After her stunt… she was no longer brought out to be viewed. No one dared to go near her… and that included to feed her. It had been almost a week…

But worse than that… they hadn’t fed her either…

 

Hearing a snarling chattering noise beside her cage, the black Dragon pup grew quiet momentarily as she saw her counterpart kneeling in her own set of restraints, and now in her own separate cage, as she wore a savage look on her face. It didn’t belong there. Not on her…

Feeling her own sanity return as she continued to look at her little treasure, the child simply panted in pain, as she laid in metal and blood, her own, blood. There had been no attempt to help her after what she had done. And her wounds were never fixed. Wood and metal still lay embedded in her body… and with them there, she couldn’t heal.

But they knew that.

 

Hearing more and more cries of agony from the younger pup, the black dragoness leaned her head up in pain before looking out toward’s the humans outside of their cages. They had it… they had food! THEY NEEDED TO GIVE IT TO THE CHILD! SHE WAS STARVING!

Watching in dismay as they tossed meat at the other caged Monsters, both dragons looked longingly at them, but, they never came. Why would they? Panting weakly, the child soon leaned up before her head fell into the front of her bars.

“G-Gaooo… G-G-Gaooooo….”

 

Watching as heads turned her way, the humans soon went back to what they were doing as they ignored her. ‘F-Food… we… need… it!’ Opening her mouth again, her tone changed entirely as she stared at a man who held a bloody bucket in his hands.

 

“F-F-Foood… F-Foood…”

 

Stopping in his tracks, the human looked back at her with wide eyes before backing up considerably. “F-F-Feeeeed…. P-P-P-Ple… P-P-Pleassse…” She didn’t know much of their language, or if she could even use it as they could, but she had to try. She had to try, anything…

Looking back at the human beggingly, the child soon screamed into her bars as he ran away in a hurry. “F-F-FEED! F-FEEED! FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!” Crying hysterically as she thrashed in her bindings, many other Monsters soon joined in as cries, caws, hisses, and roars rang out all around them as a vocal riot broke out, causing many of the humans who had been there to leave in a hurry. None wanted to go near her…

But, she needed help… they needed, to feed her…

 

Looking back at her little treasure as she continued to spasm in anguish, the older Dragoness shivered in anger. ‘H-H-Help… h-her… p-please…’ Someone… anyone… Staring downward in defeat, the older girl’s glowing eyes fell on her tail as she looked at her appendage… Hearing another loud cry from the toddler, the older girl blinked momentarily, before she grimaced.

‘H-Help… her…’

 

Gulping as she reached down, the child soon gripped her own tail, before looking back at the younger Dragoness. “F-Food…” Panting quickly, the child soon gritted her teeth before raising her claws up and slamming them down on her tail.

Crying out in pain, the Dragoness ignored it before doing it again… and again… and again… and again…

"G-G-G-Gaah... Gao... G-Gaooo!"

 

...

 

“F-F-Food… f-food… I-I-IVY… F-Food…”

 

Seeing the reaction she wanted from the child as she spoke to her in their language, the older girl nodded, before leaning toward's her cage painfully. Staring back at the black Dragoness blankly, the porcelain pup's expression was dull and lifeless compared to its former one. She was starting to become one of them... Watching as the noirette reached towards her cage through the bars of her own, the little white Dragon pup growled at her before something was tossed at her feet. Looking down in an instant, the child screamed before attacking it wildly as she sunk her teeth into what had been presented to her. Her mind already lost to the actions that happened prior to it.

 

Nodding her head as she tried to remain conscious for just a bit longer, the older girl soon fell on her face, as blood steadily drained out from the stump of her tail.

 

‘E-Eat… I-I-Ivvvy…L-Live.’

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“So… the rumors were true… I couldn’t believe it… No. I chose not to. You two really are, Dragons…”

 

A voice… it was a voice. It was clearer than any other she had ever heard before. It sounded, different though. it wasn't, human... Cracking open her bloody eyes, the battered black Dragoness stared through a haze of red, as she saw what looked like a human standing right in front of her cage though. She was within reach…

Lifting a trembling hand towards her, the child soon cried out weakly before her claws fell to the floor. This was cruel. It was right there… food… and she couldn’t have it! “Can you understand me? Please, show me you’re not too far gone! Show me you’ve not given in to yourself! SPEAK DAMN IT!”

What, was she spouting… what did it matter…?

Remaining motionless as she felt sleep beginning to grip her again, a tantalizing smell soon brought her back to consciousness, before her eyes widened. Where the human had once been, now stood something else entirely.

It still looked like a human… but, it had a big pair of ears on its head, and a lot of fluffy tails behind its body now. But its hand was in her cage, and something was glowing on her palm. Inhaling its scent again, the child whimpered as she inched forward.

 

‘F-Food… food… food… food… food…’

 

Extending her tongue as she tried desperately to reach it, the human creature soon rolled whatever it was she had been holding onto her tongue before it withdrew back in the child’s mouth quickly.

Gulping down the malleable orb of food, the child closed her eyes as she felt a warm feeling spread through her. Her whole body… what, was, this…? Standing back up before crossing her arms behind her back, the blonde woman simply observed as she tried to determine if she could help her or not.

“Anything? Can you say, anything? Is there even a shred of sense left within you?” Rolling on the ground as her body began to twitch under her, the Dragoness panted weakly before her eyes shot open, the former red glow now gone to reveal her scarlet irises.

Leaning up weakly as she felt the pain from her wounds beginning to lesson, a startled look overtook her face. She felt, normal. Looking down at her claws as she stared at them intently, the child simply opened and closed them as she tried to determine what had just occurred. She felt, normal...

No hunger… no pain… and her strength… Looking back at the woman in front of her, shocked, the black Dragon pup soon reached forward before grabbing the two bars that separated them. Taking a tentative step back, the older woman gently cupped her hands together as she simply chose to watch. Huffing angrily, the younger girl began tugging them with all her strength, but no matter how much they creaked and started to bend, it wasn’t enough.

Seeing the self-attempt at freeing herself, the blonde woman simply nodded. “Good, you’re sensible. But, can you speak? Do you understand what I’m saying to you now, little one?” Pausing her attempts of freedom, the child’s eyes met back with the woman’s as they looked back at one another.

Her voice was so… soothing. It was no human. And it was nothing she had ever encountered either. She… she was, different. Reaching a hand forward, as her claws extended, the Dragoness soon touched the blonde’s cheek, but she didn’t so much as flinch this time. There was no fear in her eyes. She was something else altogether…

 

“P-P-Ple-ease… H-H-H-Help… I-I-Ivvvvy…”

 

Looking back at the child as her eyes widened, a smile formed on the older woman’s face. This was a better outcome then she could have ever dreamed. “As you wish, little one.” Watching as the woman’s hands moved to the bars she had just been clutching, it was the Dragon pups turn to look with wide eyes as the blonde bent the bars apart with little to no effort on her part.

“W-W-What… Y-You…?”

 

Moving a hand forward before placing it gently atop the little Dragon’s head, the woman simply smiled back at her, before the various chains that remained attached to her small body clattered to the floor on their own. “My name is Najia, and I’m like you. Now, there’s no time to waste! We still need to take care of her.”

Following the creature’s hand, as she pointed to the cage beside them, the black Dragoness grew wide-eyed before nearly falling out of her own cage and into the older woman’s arms. “I-I-IV-VY! IVVVY!!!”

Crawling towards the other cage, the child soon staggered back into the older woman's arms, as the little white Dragon pup screeched before lashing out at her with her claws frantically with the same red glow in her eyes that had been in her own. "GAOOOO! GAAAAA! GAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

“Careful now, she’s either feral herself or about to be. She won’t recognize you in her current state.” Najia whispered. Hearing the woman’s words but keeping her eyes focused on the savage child, the older girl said nothing as she stared back at the snarling toddler.

“I-I-Ivvy… G-Gaoo… Gaaooooo…”

 

Watching as the two girls made strange noises back at one another, Najia’s tails flicked back and forth as her curiosity grew. It seemed the black one was capable of speech, while the white one was not. But even so... they somehow had their own form of communication. ‘Truly, remarkable.’ Especially so considering their species difference.

Lifting her hand up as a small sphere of blue light began to form into a malleable orb, the older woman leaned down to offer it to the younger girl before her hand was stopped by the older Dragoness.

“N-Noo… M-M-Miiineee…” She snarled. Looking at the child perplexed, Najia simply observed as the pocket of essence she had made was taken from her hand before the younger girl moved it towards her volatile counterpart.

‘Hers…’ Hmm. How intriguing indeed. Though quite dangerous in the long run, as the child was learning now. Wincing in pain as the younger pup dug her teeth into the older girl’s hand as she ravenously devoured the food before her, the black Dragoness made no attempt to move it as she let the younger girl have her fill… of both what she was offering, or otherwise.

“Gao… Gaooo!”

Feeling the bites lesson before her palm began receiving licks instead, a whimpering voice soon echoed out from the cage in front of her causing the older girl’s heart to feel at ease. “Gao…? Gao, gao!” Crying softly as she ignored it, the older child reached her arms into the cage as she clung to her now cooing treasure as she called out for her. She was safe! Hugging the toddler as she softly cried, the older girl whimpered herself now as she felt the wonderful sensation of her touch. She had felt, like a part of her had been stripped away when they had been torn apart... and it hurt so much!

Pressing her head into the foul metal that still separated them, the older girl growled angrily before looking back up at Najia. “H-H-Help, H-Her!” Nodding in return, the blonde did the same she had for the older child as she pried open the bars of her cage finally reuniting both Dragon’s with one another.

Pulling her crying pup into her arms as they clung to one another once more, both girls smiled happily as she embraced each other. It hurt. It hurt to be separated, yet so close. IT WAS THE WORST FEELING THEY HAD EVER EXPERIENCED!

Watching both of them as they clung to each other for dear life, Najia’s eyes wavered only briefly as she saw the many other cages that littered the large tent, they were in. There were so many others who needed her help. ‘My brothers…’ They were already gone. She could sense it.

Shifting her golden eyes to the uncountable amount of glowing red ones surrounding them, the older woman clenched her fists before small orbs of blueish white fire swirled to life on the tips of her tails. “You two, come with me. We’re leaving. And so are they!”

Looking back up at the woman as she held her little treasure against her, the Black Dragoness watched in amazement as fireballs the likes of which not even she had summoned shot out perfectly before colliding with all the locks of the cages around them.

“Quickly… it’s about to get messy in here.” Staring back at the stranger more, the child nodded before feeling something… fluffy? Wrap around her. Hoisting both girls in the air, Najia shot another volley of bolts out to free the last of her kind before taking off in a sprint.

She would give them the means of escape… but, as for their sanity’s sake, only they could choose to retain it once they awoke from their feral side… if, they awoke at all…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching atop a small hill, as a massive fire overtook the lands in front of her, both Dragon pups and Najia watched it in safety as they saw Humans… Hominal… and Beastial… all fighting… running… and of course, screaming. This would be a night that would go down in human history. But it would also go down in theirs as well.

Resting her hand atop the older child’s head, Najia gently pet the Dragon’s messy black locks as she looked back down at her. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I couldn’t find you two sooner. I’ve been tracking the two of you for some time, but because of the nature of your entrapment… whenever I got closer, you all got farther away. Perhaps, if I had been faster about it… maybe you would have never had to experience the things you did…”

Hearing no reply back to her statements, the older woman sighed softly. “Well… It’s time that I take my leave. What you do now, is up to you. You can stay with me, or go off on your own. What will you choose?”

Hearing silence once more, Najia solemnly nodded before turning to leave… only for her hand to be clutched in return. Looking back down at the two Dragon’s, the older woman smiled softly as she saw the emotionless face of the older child.

“So be it. Come along, Ebon, and Ivy. I hope those names don’t bother you. If you come up with new ones, tell me so, and I’ll use them instead.” Giving a simple nod in return as her voice remained silent, the younger girl began to walk behind her savior, as she held her younger counterpart close to her heart.

Their names were perfect. They would be a reminder every day, of what they had faced, and what they could overcome.

 

But more importantly, they would also remind them… to never trust the humans, ever again.

 

 

To be continued…

Chapter End Notes:

 

And thus you have it.

I'lll be damned sure to call you out if any of you guessed living attractions or pets to humans for their backstory. I tried to keep the hints about it to a minimum. :P

There was a lot more I was going to add in, but honestly it was just filler. I know you all want to get back to the main focus now as much as I do.

Regardless, we'll be back with more soon enough.

 

I'll try to have the next chapter ready within a weeks time! D-Don't hold me to it though... ;'(

Leave me some lovely reviews and likes if you enjoyed, or tell me otherwise as well. XD

See ya!