- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

>.<

 

It's official, my writing time is probably going to be non-existent for the next few weeks at least... I'm sorry everyone. ;-;

I hoped that wouldn't be the case but, I just can't find the time now to do it until I go home. I'm currently staying with my family abroad until October... So, please be patient with me. >.<

 

But, I won't leave you alone. I made arrangements... as weird as that sounds. for the next few chapters, Franchise Writer will be assisting me and helping me post them when he can. Hopefully, with both of us working on them we can keep up some kind of a schedule but, I don't want to promise anything.

 

But, I know this will make up for it a little. Please enjoy, and I hope you look forward to whats to come. I'll try to be back soon, and definitely, try to post even sooner than that.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

Water was roaring... it sounded like a waterfall. There was some kind of clanging noise too, it was piercing her ears. And that smell... she could smell something putrid hanging over her face. Shuddering where she lay, Abby scrunched her face in discomfort as she was pulled from her slumber and brought into the world of the living.

Feeling her mouth parted on its own as something was forced against her lips, Abby's eyes soon shot open as she gagged. Something was being forced down her throat! Jolting up, the brunette's eyes fully widened before she screamed in pain, a coughing fit escaping her lungs as whatever it was she had drank sputtered from her open mouth.

Jumping in surprise as her *patient* suddenly awoke all on her own, Kari panicked as she watched the volatile reaction to her medicine. "A-Abby, stop, don't move!" Forcing the crying girl back down into the small bed she had made her, the toddler held her down as she scrunched her face in pain. Her head, oh god what was going on with her head! She felt like someone was poking needles into it! 

Gritting her teeth as she was forcefully restrained, the crying teenager looked up at Kari confused as she looked down at her sorrowfully. "K-Kari...?" Nodding, the dirty blonde slowly removed one of her hands before moving a small thimble down towards her.

"Shhhhh, it's alright, just be calm, and don't move." She whispered softly, almost in a whisper as she moved the small bucket sized finger piece over her lips. "You need to drink this. It's wheatgrass mixed with ginger in water. It's not going to taste good... but you need to drink it. It will help with your... your hangover..." She whispered silently, her tone neither judging nor picky about her statement but she could see the disapproval written over the witch's face.

'H-H-Hangover...?' What was she talking about? And why was her head pounding so hard! Feeling the metal of the rim press into her lips again, the teenager grunted as she opened her mouth. She trusted her not to give her anything bad, but, it was really hard to tell. This stuff tasted like death! 

Scrunching her face in agony, Abby whined as she was force fed the strange concoction once more. Her throat was burning and her eyes were watering. This was horrific! Tapping the top of it a few times to let the last of her small mix drain, Kari nodded before setting it beside the struggling girl. If worst came to worst, it would make a good puke bucket...

Rubbing the brunettes back tenderly as she tried to console her, Kari sighed as she saw her clutching her stomach and her head in pain. "I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't tending to you myself but Eveline was right. Why were you drinking? That stuff Najia makes Poppy is toxic! It's gross too, why would you have any?!" She whined. 

Panting as her stomach churned in discomfort, Abby grit her teeth as she looked up at the little witch confused. "W-What are you talking about... I, I don't know what's going on..." She mumbled weakly before cupping her mouth. 

Looking away as the older girl fell onto the thimble beside her, Kari sighed. She'd have to clean it out before using it again... Spitting as the foul taste of her insides littered her mouth, Abby shuddered on top of the metal bucket. What the hell was going on?

"Do you really not remember what happened last night?" Looking up again weakly, Abby shook her head. "I... I was with, Poppy... I-I think. But, I don't remember what happened after that. We, we were talking together... a-and then Ebon showed up all of a sudden! And then, I don't really know..." She whispered tiredly before cupping her mouth again. 

Fidgeting a bit at the mention of the black Dragon, Kari frowned as she looked over the nauseous girl. Eveline had failed to mention that little bit of detail. 'A-At least you're safe...' Well, for the most part. Heaving once more as her head fell against the rim of the thimble, Abby groaned. "A-Am I sick...?" 

Shaking her head, Kari continued to gently pat the smaller girls back as she comforted her. "It will wear off. Just make sure the next time you're with Poppy, don't drink with her. That stuff will do more damage to you then Ebon will..." She whispered facetiously.

Wiping her arm across her lips weakly, Abby panted tiredly as she tried to calm her heart rate. Each pulse of the organ felt like it was pounding her chest with a hammer. 'I-Is this really what a hangover is?' She had seen some patients before with them but this was her first ever experience with such a thing. It was horrible! But, it made sense. Even if she had never experienced one before she knew the effects. It was your body's way of going through a miniature withdrawal phase from the addictive substances... and this was the price it took. 

Feeling herself slowly picked up, the teenager whined in pain but Kari continued till the shrunken girl was gently deposited onto her hands. "I know you feel ill but we need you to wash off the rest of the gunk sticking to you. I would have done it to you when you were sleeping but Eveline said not to. After seeing how you reacted to my tonic I can see why..." She mumbled before moving over towards the waterfall at the back of the cave.

Cupping her ears in agony, Abby whimpered shrilly now. Her head, it hurt so much... Kneeling next to a small section where water trickled in, the little witch moved her down now before gently placing the teen into the clear rippling waters. As her body was submerged, a new feeling took over causing a shiver to run down from her head to her toes.

"C-C-Cold! K-K-Kari!" Shrugging her shoulders weakly, the dirty blonde scowled as she set Abby down on one of the rocks in the corner so she could sit down instead of having to stand. "What? Did you expect the water to be heated? We live in a cave! I don't like taking cold baths either you know." She mumbled defensively. 

They made do with what they had. At least they had clean water to bathe in. The ocean wasn't exactly a great second option... Shivering in the waters, her senses much more active now due to her inebriated state, Abby grumbled weakly as she cupped her arms for warmth. This wasn't that bad when she bathed a few days ago. 

'N-N-Never a-again!' This was horrific... Resting her back against the rocky wall, Kari was silent as she listened to the gentle whimpers of the teenager behind her. It was strange to hear her like this... "Did Poppy make you drink with her? Or, did you choose to do this to yourself... to your body?" She whispered softly, her eyes hanging a bit as she fretted over an answer.

Splashing some water onto her face as she wiped off the oil and sweat caking her skin, the brunette looked past the rocky cliffs before sighing, her eyes lingering on her rippling, haggard expression staring back at her. "It's not her fault, I chose to drink with her..."

Jumping up in shock, Kari quickly turned around to argue with Abby before her face lit up upon seeing her naked form. Blushing, the witch's head ducked behind the cliff as she ground her teeth. "Why would you do this to yourself, Abby! Y-You're like me, aren't you? You're supposed to be a doctor! Why would you poison yourself!" She yelled angrily. 

Cringing from the hurtful tone being directed towards her now, Abby frowned deeply as she continued to watch her reflection. She did look terrible... "I did it, so I could be closer to Poppy. She's troubled Kari... just like the rest of you. You're all very different and special girls. I can't just openly talk with all of you like you and I are now. It doesn't work like that." She muttered truthfully.

Each of them had obstacles she needed to get over. Kari with her insecurities, Casey with her hatred towards humans, Brook with her shyness towards them and need to feel wanted, and even with Eve and her silent animosities. Thankfully she didn't seem to resent her though when they met, quite the opposite really...

"None of you can be dealt with the same way. I need to show that I'm willing to go outside my comfort zone for you girls... To show that I'm willing to go out of my way and make an effort to understand you... To show you, that I'm not a bad human..." Abby whispered before looking up as Kari's head shot back up, a much angrier look present on her features now.

"BUT YOU WERE NEVER A BAD HUMAN, TO BEGIN WITH!" She cried, her face red and puffy as her anger began to peak out. Sitting silently in the water now as the little witch trembled in front of her, Abby's eyes softened. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Kari... I'm sorry. I just want to prove to you all, that I really am different. And understanding each of you is the first step I need to take. Even if that step may be painful. That’s how you bridge gaps, and how you make friends. That's how we became friends too after all." She smiled weakly.

Cupping the rocks in front of her bitterly, Kari shook her head before clenching her eyes. "N-No it wasn't! I never p-poisoned you and I didn't try to kill or hurt you either! I... I don't want you to see you in pain..." She whimpered, her anger cracking now as sadness took its place. 

Chuckling softly as it finally dawned on her why the toddler was so mad, Abby began to smile. "I'm still here Kari. And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. It will be alright." Shivering, Kari whimpered louder before moving her hands into the cold water and plucking the teenager up much to her surprise. 

Hugging Abby into her tear stained cheek, the little witch continued to whimper as she cradled Abby protectively. She didn't want anything to happen to her. She was her friend... "P-Please, don't do something stupid again! I, I don't want you to go away! I want you to stay friends with us forever Abby!" She cried.

Feeling warmth overtake her from the younger girl's words, Abby smiled softly as she rested her forehead against the Hominals cheek, her lingering pains being ignored as she tried to console the larger girl. "Like I said, Kari... I'm still here, and we'll always be friends. I promise."

 

Nodding her head weakly, the little witch continued to cradle her close as she let her sadness come out. She never wanted anything to happen to Abby... They were friends...

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

Sitting atop Kari's workbench, Abby gently massaged her forehead as she looked over the large book she sat on. It took a few hours... or at least half a day, but, her headache was subsiding thankfully. It was much more manageable now. Skimming the words quietly, the brunette nodded before pointing towards the vials nearest to her. "Alright, add two tablespoons of geranium and then grind it together with the yarrow Casey brought back. That should help with any remaining blood clots Najia might still have.

Nodding quickly, Kari's fingers moved across the table as she followed instructions from the older girl. Standing up slowly, Abby stretched out her limbs as she walked over to the other side of the book to continue reading. She wasn't sure how the little Witch or more, the unconscious Kitsune managed to acquire an apothecary's medical journal but there was a staggering number of homemade recipes in here.

From what she knew and what was written in here it seemed to check out as well. Funny how even in the strangest of places she could still learn new things. 'And whoever this book belonged to was just a mortician...' It was hard to imagine what knowledge some other Doctors from wherever this person resided might know. 

Not to knock her Master down or anything but she would kill to spend some time with them for a little while. The possibilities were endless on what she might learn. But, she was content to stay here. Even now she was learning new things, and not all of it was specific to her own kind.

Gazing up at the Witch as she scrapped a small pestle into her mortar, Abby shook her head. 'Witches show their natures through their eyes when they're empowered, upset, or excited. Dullahan have split personalities when their heads are on attached or detached. Vampires were allergic to certain herbs like hawthorn and can't enter unless invited first. It was all invaluable knowledge she could take with her and appreciate. 

She would treasure it dearly. Looking her work over as she finished combining the last of the herbs together, Kari smiled happily before turning the bowl towards the teenager so she could see for herself. "How does this look Abby?" Tilting her head as she tried to see any pieces that weren't properly ground together, the older girl soon smiled.

"It looks perfect Kari. Great job." Fidgeting happily the little Witch nodded before pouring the dusty powder into a small vile before corking it for later use.  "T-Thanks... What's next!" Grunting as her hands gripped the old parchment, the brunette began to huff as she pulled on the paper to turn the page. It was kind of embarrassing this was winding her...

As the page flipped over, Abby looked over the new recipe before a scowl stretched across her features. Moving to grab the next page, Kari's hand soon stopped her as the toddler gazed down at the journal, her eyes darkening as she saw what was written to.

"Kari... go to the next recipe..." Abby whispered, her eyes shifting from the journal to the Witch... but, her sadness was evident as she read the formula. It was a poison... one used for Monster Hunters. Clenching her fists, Abby sighed before pulling on the paper harder. "A-Abby... do, do you... have you... ever made something like this, something for... Monsters..." Kari all but whispered before jumping as she felt something touch her hand.

Rubbing the toddler's fingers softly, the teenager shook her head before looking back at the journal. "No... my Master isn't like that. He would never teach me... something like this." She hissed. It disgusted her now... it really did. "He only treats the wounded people who come to him. And he would never use his knowledge for something like this. He stands indifferent towards Hominal and Beastial, he always has. I never understood it in the past, but, I respect him even more for it now."

He never openly stated his dislike for both species kind. And when she asked in the past, he told her, that they had as much a right to be here as he or she. It bothered her years back, but, he was absolutely right. Leaning into the dirty blonde's hand as she sat down, Abby smiled as she thought about her mentor. 

Something like this, he would never allow her to learn it. And she would never choose to either. "Quite the altruistic man. I wouldn't mind meeting him one day. He sounds tolerant to me, for a human that is..." Stiffening, both Abby and Kari froze as an all too familiar voice filled their ears. 

Looking behind them towards the entrance into the Witch's chambers, both girls stiffened as they saw a certain Vampire teetering into the room, her face displaying amusement for their unnerved state. It seemed her presence still troubled a few of the other residents of these caverns, but, she didn't really care. The only one she cared for, was currently sitting on the table before her.

"I'm glad you're awake and livid Abby. I feared the worst when I found you knocked out inside of that twit of an Oni's mouth." She muttered darkly. Blinking in confusion, the brunette's eyes slowly began to widen before she looked up at Kari in shock. "I was sleeping in Poppy's mouth?! Why didn't you tell me that!" Blushing furiously, Kari poked her fingers together meekly before shaking her head.

"I-I didn't think it mattered, you were passed out!" "I WAS BATHED IN SOMEONE's SPIT, OF COURSE, IT MATTERS!" Why had she failed to mention this! Blushing in sheer embarrassment, Abby groaned. "P-Please tell me I wasn't in there very long..." "Four hours and thirty-seven minutes, at least, that’s what I was informed," Eve whispered, her lips twitching into a smile as she saw the smaller girl pale.

Palming her face, Abby groaned weakly now. 'D-Damn It, Poppy!' She may not remember it but that only seemed to make it worse! Chuckling as she felt the inner turmoil inside her little amore, Eve stepped forwards before leaning onto the large workbench, her face hanging just over the fretting brunette as her fangs peeked out. 

"Don't be embarrassed~. You fed a starving girl... and enjoyed yourself while you did it~." She whispered, her lips stretching further apart as she watched the smaller girl paling. Sputtering in surprise, Abby tried to speak, but, her voice failed her as she looked into Eve's crimson pools.

'You'll receive no shame from us, remember? To us, this makes you more appealing. And I know Poppy appreciated you. Twice, in fact.' Feeling her face light up from the quip, Abby looked down weakly. What the hell was she supposed to say to that!

Watching the silent interaction between Vampire and Human, Kari soon began to fidget. "E-Eveline... I-Is everything alright...?" Shifting her gaze over to the dirty blonde now, the Vampress smiled before closing her eyes. "Everything is fine. And you filled your role as caretaker perfectly. Thank you for cleaning Abby up for me. I'd hate it if she was still... impaired, from last nights, let's say activities." She purred, her amusement never leaving the child as she blushed from the implication of her words.

Screeching as her head was suddenly touched, Kari shrunk in fear as Eve's hand gently rubbed her hair. What was going on! Scowling from her praise being reacted to this way, (not that she blamed her) the older girl pulled her hand off the little Witch before turning away.

"I'd stay a bit longer to socialize, but, I'd rather not run into a certain person who's headed here now. I'll be taking my leave, and you'll be accompanying me, Abby." Eve smiled warmly. Looking up at blonde confused, the brunette nodded before standing back up. "Where are we going? You said everything was fine... right?"

Nodding calmly, the larger girl lowered her hand for Abby to step onto before pulling it back once she did. "Indeed. I just want to spend some time with you, that’s all. Does this bother you?" Eve whispered, her eyes narrowing slightly before closing as she smiled. "No, I suppose not. Well, as I said, thank you for looking after my Abby Kari. It seems I am in your debt." She chuckled. 

Frowning as she saw her friend being taken away again, Kari lowered her eyes. "W-When will you two be back?" Raising her brow, Eve was silent for a moment before she sighed softly. "Abby will be returning sometime today, do not worry. I just want to spend a little, quality time with her. I haven't had any in so long..." She muttered bitterly.

Nodding, Kari smiled weakly now before waving to the little brunette. "Stay safe, alright?" Smiling back up at the toddler, Abby nodded before both she and Eve flickered, their body's disappearing from sight in a matter of seconds. 

Now alone, Kari sighed before turning back towards the book that had been opened. She'd have to get back to work without Abby, it seemed. Looking back at her journal, however, the little Witch paused as she saw the page that had been there before... now ripped off.

 

It, was gone?

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

Crinkling up the bizarre recipe she had glimpsed in the little blonde's musty book, Eve glared off in annoyance as she tore bits and pieces of the paper apart with her nails. She didn't know why that was in there but someone her age didn't need to be looking at it. She could sense the unease before she even entered the room...

As she walked down the winding halls of their caverns, the Vampires eyes soon lowered to her little passenger as the brunette sat in silence. Licking her lips briefly, the blonde smile before letting her fangs peak out once more.

"I trust you feel well Abby. No aches or pains? How about a headache or possibly sore muscles?" Looking back up at the Hominal, Abby briefly shook her head. "No, not really... why?" Shrugging her shoulders as she tried to make small talk, Eve chuckled softly.

"I have a fun night planned for us, and the last thing I want is something as frivolous as a sore throat distracting you. I want your undivided attention on this evening. I've put a lot of effort into it after all." She smiled. Looking back at the larger girl surprised, Abby was about to ask what she was talking about, but, she was answered silently by the glancing eyes of Eve.

"No. I'm not going to tell you until we get back to my chambers. Just relax, and be patient. We'll be there soon enough." Eve giggled, her voice carrying its usual tone of delight. Pouting from the lack of answer, the teenager nodded as she waited to see what was in store. Hopefully, it wouldn't be something too extravagant like last time. She still felt bad about what had happened to the dress she had made her.

Staring down at the small red ribbon tied around the shrunken girl, Eve scowled but chose not to speak. That was something she had thought about too. But, she already had it taken care of ahead of time. Tonight would be perfect, and in the end quite pleasurable.

 

Hopefully, for the both of them.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

Looking forward as a shimmering blue light radiated off the walls in front of them, both Abby and Eve were silent as they walked, but, the brunette already knew where they were headed. Smiling warmly as they entered a large chamber with pools on all sides, a feeling of warmth traveled over the older girl as she looked down at the glowing waters.

"Are we here to see Brook? Is she joining us too?" Smirking in amusement, Eve gently shook her head as she made her way towards the waters of the center pool. "I'm afraid not. It will just be you and I. I'm just here to collect something first. Consider it a favor she owes me if you will."

Looking up at the blonde in confusion, Eve was silent once more as she peered over the rocks. "Brook, I'm back. Are you finished with your... assignment?" Waiting a few seconds for something to happen, however, the little Vampire soon began to scowl.

Picking up a small rock near the water's edge, the Vampire flipped the stone over her fingers before pointing it down towards the water. Giving the pebble a gentle flick, the rock soon shot into the pool with a loud splash startling Abby by how hard it had sunk.

"J-Jeez... are you trying to get her attention or knock her out? What if that hit her Eve!" Ignoring the minor complaints, the Vampire smiled in silence as she saw a form beginning to stir. Watching as the water started to bubble a head soon popped out as Brook looked around in confusion.

"Huh. E-Eveline! Y-You're back already?" Glaring silently at the younger girl, Eve nodded before glancing back down at Abby. "Yes, I am... Is the item I asked for ready? You said you could make it by noon and it's well past. Don't tell me you're not finished..." She whispered, her eyes glowing a faint red as her anger spiked.

Cringing, the little Mermaid quickly waved her hands in defense before pointing downward. "N-N-No, I-I finished it! I did! I wouldn't put something like this off, I swear! Plus..." She trailed off before looking over at Abby, her face changing into an enormous grin.

"I know how much fun you two will be having~." Feeling her cheeks go red, Abby looked up at Eve in surprise... but, it didn't look like she was doing much better. Blushing faintly, Eve glared at her friend before pointing her finger down at the water again.

"Get it. Now!" Laughing happily, Brook nodded before diving back underwater, her body soon melting away as she vanished from sight entirely. Closing her eyes as a throaty growl escaped past her lips, the blonde sighed before shaking her head. Her friend could be such a pain when she chose to be...

Ignoring the probing look being sent her way, Eve muted herself as she looked down at the pool for Brook to return. Thankfully the silence didn't last too long as bubbles began to drift upwards. Popping her head back out of the water, the navy haired child looked up at her friend happily before a small tendril of water rose up to meet her. 

"Here, just like you asked. It took a little time to figure out the right notes you gave me but I think I got it correct. Are you sure this is the same so-" Coughing as her head shot underwater, Eve pointed her free hand down at the water as she dunked her friends head in? 

"Now, now Brook... let's not ruin the surprise..." Eve all but hissed. Looking back at the child in befuddlement, Abby remained silent as she watched the larger girl picking up what looked to be a large shell from the water before turning away.

Popping her head back out, Brook scowled back at her friend before sticking her tongue out. "You better change your attitude! You won't win her over if you're a meanie!" Huffing as she began to walk away, the Vampiress chose not to reply as she left the Mermaids chambers. She was going to give away her gift... how else was she supposed to react to that?

"Oh, by the way, Abby!" Pausing mid-step, Eve glared before looking back over her shoulder. Letting a small sigh escape her lips, she turned back before raising her shrunken companion up. What did she want to say now?

Looking over the younger girl's fingers, the teenager smiled as she saw Brook crawling onto the shore. Hopping a bit now on the stone instead of water, Brook grinned as she stood in front of the brunette. "I wanted to say hi to you to, but this meanie here doesn't want me to! But, hi!" She giggled. 

Letting a small chuckle out herself, the smaller girl smiled back at the childish Hominal before nodding. "It's good to see you to Brook. I'll try to hang out with you a little bit longer next time I'm here, alright?" Nodding giddily, Brook smiled cheerfully before waving to her. 

"Sounds good! Make sure to bring her back here when your done Eveline!" Sighing, the blonde nodded before turning around once more. "If she so chooses, so be it.  I'll see you soon Brook." Walking out of the watery chambers quietly, both girls made it about twenty feet before the sanguine eyed Vampire stopped dead in her tracks.

"Remember to be open to new things Abby~." Brook grinned. Crying out as her body was sent backward's into her own pool, the little Mermaid sunk back into the water as Eve trembled in agitation. "D-Damn It Brook..." Growling as she stormed out of the cave, the Mermaids faint laughter echoed in her ears as she left.

 

She'd pay for that quip... oh she'd pay...

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Stepping into an all too familiar chamber, Abby's eyes scanned the small room she now found herself in as Eve entered her sanctum. Looking over at the candles littering the walls along with one on her desk, the brunette had to wonder why she used fire to illuminate her space. All the other girls seemed to use different means. Fluorescent fungi, reflective waters, hell, even the moonlight. So why did she use candles?

"Why do I have to use something else? I don't encounter humans using glowing plants or energy laced ponds to guide them in their own homes..." Shrinking a bit from the indifferent tone Eve took to her question, the smaller girl sighed. "I was just kind of curious. I didn't mean to offend you..."

Moving over to her desk, the blonde lowered her hand for Abby to get off as she nodded her head. "I'm aware. Suffice it to say I use fire simply because it's convenient. The heat is calming to me. It can get rather chilly some days... My rooms located far below many of the other residents here. I like my privacy after all." 

Nodding in understanding, Abby slowly walked around the desk as she looked around. It was exactly how she remembered it. Perfectly stacked papers. A small pen and quill symmetrically placed on either side. The small conch gently resting at the right corner. It was as tidy as ever it seemed.

Pulling her chair out, Eve walked around before sitting down gently, her fingers lacing one another as she peered down at Abby with interest, something the brunette caught onto quickly. "I-Is everything alright Eve?" Keeping her crimson orbs locked onto the shrunken girl's teal ones for a long moment, the blonde soon relented as she closed hers first.

"I made you something, here..." Furrowing her brow as the younger girl reached under her desk, Abby watched in surprise as a small cloth was moved forward. Setting the fabric down for her, Eve's fingers withdrew as they returned to their previous place. 

"I knew you would be needing this, so I made sure to prepare once again. The material was a little vexing to find, your town isn't really known for its... imports. But, Daleport a few miles over is. Go on, tell me what you think." Her tone was soft, almost fretful as she waited for the brunette to assess her creation.

Looking down at the fabric, the teenager slowly kneeled down before moving it over to see it. It was red, a very rich red. Almost like the Vampire's eyes in front of her. Stitched intricately, a winding pattern was laced all the way through from the tight top to the freely wide bottom. Sewn in beneath it appeared to be another layer of fabric, a black one. This, however, was not made of the same material. It was much softer, almost like silk really. 'I-It feels so nice...' It was almost pleasuring just to trail her fingers over it.

Continuing to look the fabric over it soon dawned on the smaller girl just what it was she had been looking at as she saw a long zipper stretched all the way from the middle of the fabric to the top. It was a dress... she had made her another one. 

Blushing heavily as her eyes drank in the richly extravagant garment, Abby was about to say no but before her head could even turn, Eve's lips were next to her ears. "A gift is something special... it's rude to try and refuse it. I made it just for you... and you alone." She whispered, her breath washing over the trembling girl's cheek as she felt the warmth of her skin radiating off of hers.

Blushing heavily, Abby frowned as she continued to stare down at the royal dress of sorts. Was it really alright for her to take something like this? "Yes... now, put it on." Stiffening, Abby did turn around this time as she looked into the Vampire's smiling face, her fangs peeking out slightly as she gave her a wide grin.

"B-But, I-I shouldn't... W-What I mean is-" Growing silent in an instant as one of the blonde's fingers pressed against her mouth, Abby shuddered as the younger girl shook her head. "Fufufu~, I don't like it when you stutter. It ruins your voice. You have such a lovely one after all. Let me see if I can help you with that~."

Looking up at the blonde in confusion, Abby's breath soon hitched as she saw her leaning down. As her finger was pulled away, the trembling teen could only get a single word out, before she made contact. "Eve..." 

Pressing her lips into Abby's face, the little Vampiress smiled warmly as she gently kissed the shrunken girl. Shivering as a familiar warmth invaded her, Abby's mind grew hazy as she let the pleasure overtake her. Her kiss, it was so tender... so gentle. It wasn't like her usual aura of strength, it was pure and perfect serenity.

Humming happily from the thoughts being relayed back to her, Eve slowly pulled away much to Abby's chagrin, her smile never leaving as she moved her fingers up to her lips. "There we go... I believe I've set the mood now, don't you think?" 

Trembling on the desk as she panted softly, Abby looked up at Eve in silence as she cupped her shaking hands. "W-What... what was that for?" Sighing as her stutter seemingly came back again, Eve shook her head in dismay.

"Now, now... You're intelligent Abby. I think you know why you're here." Waiting for an answer and being given none, Eve's eyes saddened before she crossed her arms. "Not a clue? Perhaps you are more sheltered than I first thought. But, it comes with the territory. For tonight, we will be spending some time with one another. I've prepared everything for this evening. There will be food, entertainment, and of course, plenty of time to talk. That is the reason I brought you here, and the reason, for this~." She cooed before tapping her lips where they had just kissed.

Shivering where she sat, Abby was silent now as she processed what had just been said. Looking up at Eve in a stupor, the brunette tried to find her words, but she was just so stunned. After a few minutes of internal delay, the teenager soon found her voice, even if it was scared to speak itself. But, she had to know...

 

"Y-You're... you're keeping me here... to spend time with me... Like a d-date...?" Letting her smile widen, Eve gently shook her head before sighing in amusement. "No Abby, not like a date." She whispered before leaning her face down so it rested right in front of the trembling human.

 

 

"A, date."

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Well its time, I know you've all been waiting for it, me especially. XD

 

I had to push an idea away and bump Eve up but I didn't know when I'd get the time to write it with my current circumstance. At least like this, you can expect to see some more chapters soon.

I hope you can be patient with me, I'll try to update soon.

 

Bye guys. :)