- Text Size +
As John and Jerry carried the armored guard to the tent they were going interrogate him, they passed the girls that were helping the scientists relax in this new environment. John looked over at Marissa who was still helping the same scientist that she had carried in. She was about to step with John and Jerry to join them until she saw John put his left hand up, causing her to stop in her tracks. She saw that his nose was bleeding a tiny bit but stayed with Jessica and the scientists.


"Don't worry Marissa. They're fine. Now I don't know what they're going to do with that guy but they'll be fine." Jessica said as she gave one of the scientists some bread that had been collected.


"Thank you. You're all too kind to us even after you know who we are and who we used be under." One scientist said that removed his lab coat and put it on the floor.


"It's no big deal sir. We're just trying to help." Marissa said as she helped another scientist to get into a makeshift cot that the members had made for them.


"You don't know who we are? What we used to do in that laboratory?" Jessica and Marissa looked at each other as they got next to the dark haired gentleman. "Back in the colony, we were some of the smartest and brightest minds. Before Ryan took over, we were assigned to make a serum that would shrink the girl that had been terrorizing us for the past three years. We succeeded but at a cost. When Ryan took over the colony, she had us make more of those serums. More to shrink girls that lived in this room. We'd make them and Ryan would use them to shrink the girls in this room." Jessica looked over at Marissa who tried to stay as calm as she could. "If I could just see one of the girls, I wouldn't waste a single second to apologize."


That's when Marissa looked up at the scientist and put her hand on his shoulder. "I guess you're going to? To me? To Jessica?” Marissa didn't mean to come off as rude and hostile but she certainly sounded like she did.


"Oh my. You're one of the girls? I thought Ryan's top scientists took all of you. I guess I should've known to not trust Ryan and the guards. They always told us that our serums always worked and that Ryan caught all of them." Marissa then extended her hand on the man's shoulder, silencing him.


"It's fine. You were forced to do it weren't you?" Jessica said as she stood up and stretched.


"You don't even know what we had to do to prove to her that we would be ever loyal to her. Whenever our handlers thought we would betray Ryan, they would have us do some unspeakable acts to prove our loyalty or else we'd be sent into her 'playhouse' where we'd be used as toys for her." Marissa looked at Jessica with a concerned look. “Many friends of mine were forced there. I haven't heard from them since."


"Maybe you just need to take a tiny break. To just relax." Marissa said as she helped him stand back up.


"I believe so. By the way, my name's James." James then followed Jessica who was still helping the other scientist who continued to be frightened by everything he saw.


Suddenly, Elise came up from behind Marissa and began to lean on her shoulder like an arm rest. "So Jaylin brought more people? Interesting...." Elise said to her.


"Very. But get this, they're the people that got us to this size." Marissa looked over at Elise who had a slight anger in her adorable face.


"What? And you just let them walk away? And stay here? Are you and Jessica insane! They are the ones that brought us to this size in the first place. Do you want to stay this size forever? Because I sure don't!" Elise released all her aggression and frustration out onto Marissa.


"I'm not mad at them. Did they shrink us when we were in this room?" Elise's face went from an aggressive one to a more remorseful one. "They didn't shrink us. Ryan did." Marissa put both her hands on Elise's shoulders as well as changing her tone. "They're not the enemy. Ryan is. Go talk to one of them. They already feel terrible about what they did to us and the others but you can't change the past. You know that."


"Where's Jess taking them? You know, so I can talk to them." Marissa gave her a suspicious look. "Some empty tent on the other side of the community. Can I trust you not to kill both of them?" Elise sighed and shook her head. "Go but if I hear that you even touched one of them, I'll have Jaylin….."


“Do what?”


“I don't know. Just don't hurt them. They're good people if you get to know them a little bit.”


“Ok fine. We'll just talk.” Elise then walked off towards Jessica and the scientists.


As Elise followed Jessica and the scientists, she still had something to say to them about her current size. She's been this size for the past month and sure, she's met some great people but she missed her old life. Being her regular size and not having to live in fear of a giant girl ruling over her had been in her mind since she came here. And it was starting to get to her.


Jessica continued to comfort them as they turned a corner. "You're among friends sir. All you have to do is just relax until everything is sorted out. You'll be reunited with your family soon without having to fea-" Elise heard the scientist on her right, James, cut her off. "You don't understand. In order to stay alive as a scientist back home, we had to give everything and everyone we've ever known. Cut ties as soon as we entered the building."


"So you don't have a family anymore?" Jessica said as she turned the corner of a tent row, Elise quickly ran to catch up. "No. The general took them and threw them in a camp as soon as I was recruited." This single sentence caused Elise to stop in her tracks and think about what she was going to do next. She nor the ones living under this dresser weren't the only ones that had lost things. Even the people who made the thing that shrunk her in the first place lost their friends and family because of Ryan. How could she be this selfish?


"And this will be your tent James along with, him." Jessica said as she handed him the scientist he helped carry. "His name Tylo. I think he'll be fine after tonight. He just needs to adjust to this new environment is all. I can't thank you and your friends enough for letting us stay here even after you known what we did."


"It's no problem. Well, I guess I'll leave you two alone." Jessica then walked away and Elise quickly hid behind a tent to avoid suspicion. She watched Jessica leave and head back to Marissa. After a few seconds, Elise ran towards the tent that James and Tylo went into. Running up to the entrance, she grabbed the blue-green flaps and took a deep breath. She then opened the flaps and walked in. This slightly frightened James but not Tylo who was already asleep.


"Hello? Do you need something miss?" James said to Elise who was still standing in the entrance of the tent. She had pictured this scenario go much better in her head. She had planned this as a big confrontation between the three of them but what was playing out was just her standing awkwardly between the tent and the outside world.


Finally, she spoke. "You're the scientist that made me this size right?" She said as she stepped inside, sealing the tent.


"Yes. If you're here to hurt me, I do not blame you. Even before we began shrinking girls like you and your friends, we did horrible things. Making that serum and those damn weapons weren't the first mistakes we've made. If you want to get revenge on what I did to you and your friends, grab that lamp over there and bash my head in." Elise initially was going to hurt James but quickly realized that she would be wrong. And he wants her to basically kill him?


Elise stepped forward in front of James and kneeled before him. "I was planning on hurting you but when I heard that Ryan took your family, I changed my mind." Elise stood up with tears in her eyes. "My name's Elise. I'm the most recent one to survive Ryan and the things you made. Please forgive me for interrupting you and your friend."


"Don't apologize. It should be I who ask for forgiveness. We made you our size to save our own lives." Elise wiped some tears off her face as she looked at James. "What do you mean?"


"If we didn't make the things they wanted us to, we'd be sent to our deaths." James then extended his arms to take Elise in with a hug.


"I forgive you. But I'll never forgive that bitch after what she did to every single one of us." Elise welcomed James's hug with a smile and a tiny sniffle.


“I'm glad you feel that way. With that attitude, there'll be nothing that can stop you.”


“Thanks. Marissa keeps telling me that I'm pretty adamant about things.”


“Well, you know, if we get back in the colony, I might have a special surprise for you and your friends. If you interested of course.” James said as he sat down on his bed.


“What is it?”


“It wouldn't be surprise then now would it?” James replied. He then stood back up and looked at Elise. “Let's just say, you're gonna love it. I promise.” James then began to hug Elise again.


“I know you don't know me but I don't really like to be disappointed. Especially with surprises.”


“Trust me. This gift is going to be worth the wait. It won't disappoint you or your friends. I promise.”


With that, Elise released the hug and was going to leave the tent without saying another word. Elise then walked out the tent and headed back to where Marissa's tent was, leaving James alone with the still sleeping Tylo.