- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Our tiny characters get to have a one on one with the new girl as they try to save her from Ryan
Jaylin bent over and picked the two specks that were at her feet to bring them to her face. As soon as she had the two dots where she wanted, she gasped and covered her mouth. "You're little men." Jaylin then went to her new kitchen table and dropped her new find on the tabletop. "I guess I should tell you two my name before you two tell me yours. My name's Jaylin. Now you tell me yours." John stood up before Jerry could and addressed him and Jerry.


"Hello Jaylin. My name is John and this is Jerry." John said to the massive Jaylin as he helped Jerry up from his sitting position. He saw Jaylin smiled.


"Hello John, Jerry. Now I have a request that I need you two do for me." Jaylin got closer to the two men. "Got any friends that you share this room with?" Jaylin's question hit both of them pretty hard as this was the second time they've been asked this. John sighed and pleaded with Jaylin.


"Do you mind if you let our girls here? They're much better at this thing than we are." John said, getting Jaylin's attention.


"You want me to call them up?" Jaylin asked as she stood and made an announcement in her room. "Attention! If two girls that are associated with John and Jerry could come over here to have a quick chat with me, that'd be great. You have five minutes before I do something that I don't want to do." Jaylin frightened the two men at her table as she this. Fortunately, Jessica heard it and bolted to get Marissa.


Marissa heard what Jaylin said. Her heart started to race again. "John was always careful. They both are. There's no way they got spotted. That just can't happen." Marissa thought as she looked around. All the girls were looking at her for comfort and here she was freaking out. She had to pull herself together. They needed her to be level headed, especially in these times.


"What's outside Marissa? Is she back?" Juliana asked timidly. Marissa opened her mouth to speak.


"Everyone just remain calm. Remember what Jessica taught you. Don't panic. Take deep breaths with me. In." Marissa released her embrace of Natasha and Elise to breathe in. The rest of the girls followed suit. "Feel your heart rate lowering. Ignore what's out there. Go to your happy place." Marissa said, closing her eyes. Suddenly, the flap to the tent was opened by Jessica.


"Marissa, I need you right now. It's about the guys." Jessica said. The others looked at eachother and started to talk silently, curious as to what happened outside.


"Elise, think you can take over for a little bit? At least until I get back." Elise shook her head and Marissa stood up and left the tent.


"What happened to them?" Marissa's mind and heart were going a million miles a second.


"The new girl found them." Marissa was about to drop on her knees and start to cry but, she fortunately let Jessica continue.


"What do you mean she found them? What's she doing with them?"


Jessica walked between the border between the community and the actual room. "She wants us to be with them. If we don't go with them, I fear the worst." Marissa then walked to the border and looked up at the room she used to live in. She then saw the giant girl sitting at her old dining table.


“Where are they?" Marissa said, clearing her throat and on the verge of crying.


"With her. It seems like we have another Ryan if she keeps acting like this. And we don't need another one of her." Marissa shook her head in agreement. "Let's go. Once we get to her feet, she'll bring us up to the guys. Ready?"


As Marissa and Jessica were making their way to this massive girl, their significant others were forced to have a conversation with the beautiful Jaylin.


"So both of you have a girlfriend?" Jaylin asked after a few moments of silence. Both of them nodded in unison. "Well I guess I won't go near you two. Not that a giant like me would date small men like you. I mean, who in the right mind would do that?" Jaylin said, unknowingly provoking both of them. John then looked over to Jerry who clenched a fist in frustration.


"Relax Jerry." John whispered. "We don't need her pissed off." Jerry half listened to what John said. "We just need to wait for the girls to get here before we start telling her what's going on." Jerry took a deep breath in, settled down and began to talk to Jaylin.


"So what are you going to do with us? Eat us? Use us as slaves because if you're going to do that, we might as well not tell you what's going to happen to you." This made Jaylin sit up in her chair.


"What will happen to me?" Jaylin asked. "If you're going to do something to me, I can't see what'll be. I'm like a thousand times your size." Jaylin said picking Jerry up to her face. "What can you do to me little man?" Jaylin said.


"It's not what I'm going to do it's wha-" Jerry was soon cut off when Jaylin felt a disturbance at her feet.


"That must be the girls." Jaylin then bent over and plucked up the two tiny girls at her feet, gently putting Jerry back on the table next to John.


She then brought them up to eye level and began to examine them closely. "So these are the girlfriends that you guys claim to have." To the left was Jessica and to the right was Marissa. Marissa was clinging on to Jessica out of sheer fear. She had only been this close to a giant girl once and that was when Ryan shrunk her and even then, she was unaware of her presence. Now she was staring at a giant that could easily kill her. "You guys sure are lucky." Jaylin said with her powerful voice, knocking Marissa back a tiny bit out of how loud her voice was. “They're very beautiful.” As Jaylin looked at the two girls that were in front of her, she noticed the one girl on her right, Marissa. "You seem cute." Jaylin then picked up Marissa and brought her closer to her face.


"Marissa!" Screamed John, powerless to stop Jaylin.


"Please don't kill me! Please don't kill me! Do something John!" Marissa yelled as she tried to convince this massive girl to release her. In her free hand, she let Jessica be reunited with Jerry, leaving Marissa alone with her. “I'll do whatever you want!” Marissa began to cry. “John!!”


"Don't worry little one. I just wanted to see how you looked. You do you look pretty cute by the way." Jaylin said, trying to make her actions seem better to the tiny woman.


“I beg of you! Please put me down!” Marissa again tried to convince Jaylin to release her. Jaylin looked at John and then back at Marissa. “Please! Don't kill me!” By this time Marissa had full on tears in her eyes from fear. Jaylin saw this and began to regret her actions.


"Sorry little one if I hurt you. Please try and find it in your heart to forgive me." Jaylin then set Marissa on the table to be reunited with John.


"You ok Jerry?" Jessica asked as she hugged him.


"I'm good. Just fine." Jerry smiled at the sight of his love. "How's everyone back home?"


Jessica looked above his shoulder and saw the dresser. "Panicked but fine. You got the food?" Jerry got on his knees and unzipped his bag to show Jessica his findings. "That should last us a few days, you think?" Jessica said as she knelt down to see what Jerry had found.


"At least."


John ran up to Marissa and instantly hugged her. She couldn't control herself. She brought both of them to the ground and started to cry on his shoulder. John soon felt some tear drops. "It's ok. I'm here for you. You're ok now." John started to massage Marissa's back gently as possible as she started to cry.


"I-I-I thought she killed you. I don't know what I would do if I lost you." Marissa then brought her face out of John's shoulder with tears running down her soft and beautiful face.


"I'm fine. She's actually pretty easy going if you you don't to piss her off like Jerry did. I'll tell you about it later." John then separated himself from Marissa. She laughed a little, wiping a few tears from her eyes as well. John smiled. "There you go. Don't worry Marissa, I'll always be there for you." Marissa brushed some hair out of her face.


"You promise?" Marissa asked as she stared into John's eyes.


"I'll do my absolute best to protect you. I promise with all my heart." Marissa smiled and hugged John again.


"Thanks John. I think I'm good now. Just shaken up a bit.”


“Don't worry, I'm here for you now. You won't have to worry about what I'm doing.” He paused and looked at Jaylin. "Now to business." John then stood up, pulling Marissa up with him.


"What do we do?" Marissa asked.


"We need to tell what'll happen to her. What Ryan will do." Marissa used her sleeve to wipe the remaining tears off her face and nodded in agreement with John. "I'm right behind you."


"You guys keep talking about what'll happen to me. What are you guys planning?" Jaylin said, breaking the barrier of communication that had been present for the past few seconds. The four tiny people looked at one another and then at the massive Jaylin. John and Jerry stepped forward to explain.


"About ten months ago, my girlfriend moved in this room. She was just like you. She towered above us like you are now." Jerry said. "She was shrunk by her best friend. That best friend's name is Ryan. She took our entire colony, a colony of nearly three thousand. She has technology to shrink anyone she wants. Including you. We've warned several girls before but they didn't respond in time." John continued on.


"She's using our entire colony as a slave force. We and a few others have managed to survive here for those ten months. Now that you know what might happen to you, will you help us get our friends and family back?" John asked, with Marissa on his left side.


"Please listen to them. She shrunk me eight months ago. She pretended to be my best friend. The day she shrunk me, she made me the best breakfast I ever had. Whatever you do, please be careful around her." Marissa said. Jaylin opened her mouth to answer but was cut off when then there was a knock on the door, frightening everyone.


"Jaylin! Are you there?" Ryan called out as she knocked yet again on the door.


Jaylin got closer to her new friends and whispered to them. "What do I do? Do I answer it?"


John was the first to speak. "Answer it but be careful. We don't know when she'll strike." Jaylin shook her head and stood up to answer the door. She turned her head to look back at the four tiny people.


"Don't worry about us! We'll be out of the way before you know it." Jessica said as they jumped down to the floor via the chair Jaylin was just sitting on moments before.


"I hope you can." Jaylin thought as she got closer to the door. She then opened the door to see it was Ryan who had just come home from her run. She was red faced and extremely sweaty.


"Hey Jaylin. Sorry about disturbing whatever you were doing but I'm really thirsty. Think I can get a cup of water?" Jaylin was hesitant to let Ryan in her room but if what her new friends told her, Ryan couldn't be trusted.


"Sure but just for a few minutes, I still have to unpack." Ryan looked over Jaylin's shoulder and saw her bag on her bed, unzipped.


"I shouldn't be too long." Jaylin moved out of the doorway to let the slightly taller Ryan inside.


Ryan turned the corner and went straight to the kitchen sink. "You really haven't been here long have you?" Ryan asked as she reached for a glass in a cabinet above her head. "I did just move in today." Jaylin said as she leaned on the table top. "That is true. You want one?" Ryan said as she reached for another glass from the cabinet.


Jaylin didn't want to feel the wrath of Ryan the first day she moved on so she accepted her offer. "Sure. I'm pretty sure there's ice in freezer." Jaylin said as she sat down on table. She then turned around and saw some dots scurry across her floor. Unfortunately, Ryan looked over at her at the exact moment.


"Whatcha looking at?" Ryan asked with a questionable tone. Jaylin instantly turned around.


"Just worried if I had bugs. I know we don't know much about each other but I'll let you know one thing. I really hate bugs." Jaylin said, trying to play it off. For a second, it seemed like Ryan believed her.


"I don't think you need to worry about bugs." Ryan then brought the two glasses of water to table. "Ms. Valentine keeps these rooms clear of any pests. If you have any problems like mice, roaches and mants, tell her."


“What?” She asked, questioning the last answer.


“Ants. Yeah, there's been a lot of sugar ants wandering around upstairs. But it's probably just a problem that'll stick up there.” Ryan then began to sip on her water, swallowing it. The water wouldn't be alone in a few minutes. She had put one of her shrinking pills in Jaylin's glass and seeing the already tiny Jaylin the size of an ant would be hilarious. Then picking her up and feeling her wiggle down her throat. Ryan even thought about putting her in her shoe right before. She learned after some experiments with a few slaves that managed to survive in her shoe during a run. Shocked that they didn't die, she popped them in her mouth and swallowed them. She had found that they tasted a lot better with her sweat on them. She just couldn't wait until Jaylin swallowed her water begin to shrink.


Jaylin picked up her glass and was cautious to drink it. After what the tiny people she talked to said, Ryan couldn't be trusted. But in order to avoid suspicion, she had to drink the water Ryan put in front of her. Jaylin looked at Ryan in the eyes and remained absolutely calm. As calm as anyone would be in her situation. She then took a shallow breath and started to drink the water. She didn't taste anything different about the water so she kept drinking.


Ryan smiled as she watched Jaylin continue to drink her tainted water. She had started her timer and waited for the effects of the pill to kick in. "I think I'll be going. Maybe we can have dinner tonight? It'll be my treat. Come by around six and I'll prepare the best meal you've ever had." Jaylin smiled as Ryan said this.


"Six? I think I can stroll on by. Anything specific I should wear?" Jaylin asked.


Ryan got to the door and opened it. "You can just show up. No fancy clothes. I guess I'll be going. Leave you to unpack. See ya around Jaylin!" Ryan then left Jaylin alone. She instantly ran to the dresser and got on her hands and knees.


"Guys, she's gone." Jaylin whispered as quietly as possible but no matter how quiet she whispered, she frightened everyone who wasn't aware of her presence. John soon came out to the outside to talk to her.


"Jaylin! Bring me up!" John yelled at her. She then picked up John to bring him to her face. John soon started to be picked up and Jaylin began to stand up. As soon as Jaylin brought John to her face, she plucked him up by the back of his collar and put him in front of her eye. "Jaylin..."


"What? What did she do?" Jaylin said, on the verge of tears.


"Marissa and I saw her drop a white pill inside your drink. It was the same one that brought Marissa to our size. You have less than five minutes before you're one of us." John broke the news to Jaylin as gently as he possibly could but that didn't stop her from bursting into tears. She gently placed him on the very top of the dresser and climbed onto her bed and started to cry. "If there's any consolation, you won't be a slave to her. You'll be among friends. You won't be treated like a..." John stumbled with his words trying to comfort Jaylin on her upcoming future as one of them.


"Like one of you?!" Jaylin turned her attention to John, slightly looking up in the process. "Tell me, does it feel good to be the size of an ant? Only living off of the crumbs of what little I'll leave us? And why does she want to shrink people? She's got plenty of slaves if what you told me is true." Jaylin then put her face on her mattress. She then saw two specks making their way to her face. It was Marissa and Jessica, who had climbed her sheets to reach where Jaylin was.


"Don't worry Jaylin, we're here for you when you do....when you do shrink." Marissa said, also tearing up as she said this.


"We've been through this and I was there when Marissa shrunk. It isn't a painful process. It'll only take a second for you to be one of us." Jessica was trying to comfort Jaylin but this statement only cemented her feelings about this situation.


"So how long till I shrink? It been almost five minutes since I finished the glass. And I'm still normal sized." Jaylin said, trying to stay calm as the tiny Marissa got closer to her face.


"It only took a few minutes for me to shrink. A little less than three." Marissa said as she got next to Jaylin's lips. "I don't understand. You should be our size by now."


John jumped down to be next to Marissa. "Jessica, you think she's somehow immune to Ryan's pill?" John said as he sat down next to Marissa.


Jessica began to think about John's theory. "Jaylin, you might not be able to shrink by Ryan's pill." Jessica said as she sat with John and Marissa. "Her ray and other devices on the other hand I don't know about that. But when she finds out that her newest addition to her collection didn't become what she hoped, she'll use everything she has to make sure you shrink to our size." Jessica said, seeing the tears on Jaylin's face start to disappear from vision. She smiled.


"So I have at least one day until she comes back. Wait, I still have to have dinner with her tonight." Jaylin picked the three small beings and placed them in her palm. She wiped away the rest of the tears she had on her face and stood up. "You want me to take you guys home?" Jaylin bent over and let the tiny people run off her hand to let them go. "I'll be right back. I think if I search the kitchen enough, I'll be able to find stuff that none of you have ever had. Ice cream, sweet treats. All kinds of stuff." Jaylin said as she walked to the kitchen.


Marissa kissed John on the lips and started to walk towards their tent. John instantly turned around to see Marissa standing before him, using her sleeve to wipe away the tears she had from earlier. "What's wrong?" John said as he got closer to her. Marissa looked up at him with a smile. “You good?”


"It's been months since I've even heard the words ice cream, let alone taste it. I'm not upset. These are tears of joy." John smiled and hugged her. He then separated himself from Marissa. "I'm glad you're happy, I really am but right now we need to prepare for whatever Ryan is planning with Jaylin. Understand?" Marissa shook her head in agreement. "We can still have ice cream right?" John laughed. "Yes, we can still have the ice cream."


Suddenly there was a knock on the door so Jaylin rushed to the door, hoping her friends would be hidden by the time she opened the door. By the time Jaylin got to the door, Ryan burst into the room, seemingly ready for her newest treasure for her collection.


"Ryan? Did you forget something?" Jaylin said, pushing Ryan by the shoulders to slow her down after she bursted into the door.


Ryan tried to hide her surprise when she saw Jaylin still her original size but she kind of failed in her efforts as she stuttered to respond. "I thought I forgot my phone here." Ryan got on her tiptoes and pretended to look around Jaylin's apartment. "Never mind. I don't think I brought my phone. Silly me." Ryan tried to play it off but it was obvious to Jaylin why she stormed into her room. Ryan backed up from the doorway as calmly as possible before saying goodbye to Jaylin. "Again, sorry for bursting in. I don't know what I was thinking."


"We're still on for tonight? Right?" Jaylin asked as she closed her door very slowly. Ryan turned around to Jaylin. "Yeah I think so. Just don't be late." Ryan said as she unlocked her door and stepped inside. Jaylin then closed her door and knew that her new friends living under her dresser weren't lying to her. Ryan and her antics of shrinking people needed to be stopped.


For Ryan, it was a disaster to see her newest subject still her original size. The newest pill her science division had failed and they would be punished accordingly. That's when she figured out their punishment. Or at least some of them. She still needed some to make more of her devices and pills. But the ones that made the pill needed to be punished for their failures. And with Jaylin coming over for dinner, she figured this would be the perfect opportunity to punish them.