- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Introducing the title character, Jaylin, a sweet girl who has no idea what's going to happen in her new room.
Jaylin was a short girl for her age. She was now a freshman in college and her parents couldn't be any prouder of her. Being of Hispanic descent didn't yield her many opportunities in high school but now that she was in college, she could make a new person out of herself. She changed the way she dressed. She went from wearing athletic shorts and some dark colored shirts to wearing fancier clothes. She also started to wear open toed shoes like sandals and flip flops. She loved the convenience of just popping her Hispanic feet in the shoe rather than keeping them confined in her sneakers. She'd rather have her toes be seen by the world.


As Jaylin walked inside the building, she was very intimidated and frightened. She had heard the stories how the room she was moving into. How the past few girls just disappeared. But there was no other option for her. She left home to come here and her parents congratulated her on her independence. But working a cheap job left her no choice but to move into the All Women's section of the apartments near her parents. Sure it wasn't ideal but it was a lot better than living with her parents with all their rules and regulations.


When Jaylin walked inside, she saw the secretary who was busy typing away on her computer. Jaylin walked up to the desk in front of her and stood there. She didn't notice her and continued to type.


"Excuse me." Jaylin said, bringing the secretary's attention to her instead of the computer.


"Yes ma'am?" The secretary said in a sweet, mellow voice.


Jaylin coughed and laughed awkwardly. "I'm moving into room B-225. Where would that be specifically?" The secretary raised an eyebrow and stood to get Jaylin the keys.


"You must be Jaylin. I'll walk you there. You need help with your bags?" The secretary said as she stood up from her sitting position.


"No thank you. I think I'll be ok." Jaylin then picked up her small shoulder bag and medium suitcase to show off to the secretary. "I don't really have much." Jaylin said awkwardly. The secretary sighed and grabbed the keys to her room.


"Follow me." The secretary said as she left her desk and had the shorter Jaylin follow her.


"Do you know what's been going on in your new room?" The secretary said as she walked down the hallway.


"I've heard about what happened to the other girls. Why?" Jaylin questioned as she picked up her bags and started to follow the secretary down the hall. She turned her head.


"People have been leaving without paying. One day they're here, the next they're gone. It's weird." Jaylin's heart stopped for a second.


"What do you mean they disappeared? People don't just disappear without a trace." The secretary scoffed at her while continuing to walk forward.


"Oh sweet little girl. It's happened before." The secretary said before stopping. "This is your room. B-225. The supposedly haunted room. The room next to you belongs to one of the sweetest girls you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. Her name's Ryan. I don't remember the girl who lives next to you on the other side though. Do you need me to show you around Jaylin?" Jaylin opened her mouth to speak but she was interrupted by a door opening.


"Oh, hey Ms. Valentine. Who's this?" Ryan said, making her voice sweeter than normal.


"This is your new neighbor, Jaylin. Try not to scare her away." Ryan laughed, causing Jaylin to cover her face to giggle slightly. Ryan then walked up to Jaylin and moved her hand to get a good view of her face.


"Ahh, you're so adorable. I think you and I will be best friends. I'm about to go on a run, you wanna join?" Ryan said, slightly bending over to get eye level to Jaylin. "Maybe after we can go get breakfast. My place. I got the best stuff you'll ever taste." Jaylin set her bags in front of her door and continued the conversation she and Ryan were having.


"I'll pass on the run. I really need to unpack and just relax. My feet kinda hurt plus I don't have running shoes. Maybe sometime after I'm done unpacking? Thanks anyway." Jaylin said as Ms. Valentine handed her the keys.


"That's ok. Maybe next week we can meetup and chat." Ryan then walked away in a somewhat of a fast manner. Outside Ryan may have seemed calm and collected but that was just a ploy. She had used this plan many times before. She would befriend the people she would shrink and usually most would gladly take the offer to go on a run with her. After that she would go to her room and grab her shrink device and after they ate, she would shrink them. It was always so fun to watch them try and scurry away. Sometimes she would lose them in the carpet but she knew they were either crushed by her massive and by that time, smelly feet. But that was only four out the other six girls so she didn't really care.


Ryan then felt the blood of some of her slaves flow around her toes. "Don't worry little Jaylin, you'll be mine soon enough." Ryan then exited the apartment and started to feel her skin warm up. But what she most noticed was that her feet were starting to sweat. "Have fun little ones. At least the ones that are alive." Ryan then bolted out the lobby, crushing whoever was left in between her toes. "Wonder what I'll do with you? Should I eat you? You do smell pretty delicious. Maybe you can replace my Number one." Ryan thought as she continued to bolt across the street, finishing the people at her feet.


"So your name is Ms. Valentine?" Jaylin said, unlocking her door.


"Please, call me Veronica. I'm your landlord until you move out." Jaylin set her stuff inside and looked up at Veronica.


"You think I'll last a week?" Veronica took off her glasses and smiled at her.


"If you last a week, I'll get you anything you want." Jaylin kicked off her sandals and pushed them in front of her bed.


"Is that a deal?" Jaylin said jokingly. Veronica giggled and walked away. Jaylin then closed the door, alerting every shrunken person to her presence.


Marissa heard the two women talking at the door and got frightened. Not for her life, but for John's. "Jessica! We got a new girl here!" Marissa called out, causing everyone in hearing distance to drop what they're doing and run to their homes. Everyone except for Jessica and Marissa.


"Don't worry Marissa. They've survived me, you and the others. This girl will be no different." Jessica then turned Marissa to face her. "Don't worry about them. I need you to protect the others." Marissa's heart was racing as Jessica said this but she knew what she had to do.


"Where do you need us?" Jessica smiled at her.


"Get the other girls to your tent. We don't need one of them trying to be a hero. Think you can do that until this dies down?"


"Yeah....Girls! Let's go! Follow me!" Marissa screamed at the others who quickly followed her. Jessica on the other hand chose to stay behind and observe the goddess that now towered above them. She saw her kick off her shoes and show off her soles. She was almost as dark as Destiny, in fact a tiny bit lighter than her. She stared at the doorway and remembered how tall she used to be.


A few seconds before Jaylin entered, John and Jerry were getting ready to pack up and head back but they just needed a few more pieces before they completely cleaned house. "Is that it?" Jerry said as John handed him some more bread.


"Just a tiny bit more. Think your bag can fit anymore?" Jerry put the piece of bread inside his already full pack and zipped it up.


"I don't think so. It's already a bitch to zip up. I can check your bag to see i-" John cut off Jerry.


"No. Mine's full too." Jerry sighed as he put his bag on and threw John his. "Ready to head back? We're done a few hours early so you and Marissa can do whatever you two had planned." Jerry then heard the familiar echoes of gigantic female voices. "Let's go!" John called as he pushed Jerry off the cabinet. He quickly followed behind.


They didn't jump off to kill themselves though. Since they needed a quick escape method, the girls made them makeshift parachutes to jump off the cabinets. They've tried many times before and it worked for short distances. Although it wouldn't last long enough for them to get back in one jump, it would save precious time. Time that they couldn't spare. Especially with a new girl moving in.


After a few seconds of just floating in the air, they landed on the ground, softer than they would if they jumped off. "So why'd you push me off? I could've jumped off on my own." Jerry took off his shoot and shoved it into his bag. John landed and did the same thing. "Sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, you beat me coming down." John said as he tossed his shoot into his bag as well. Jerry laughed slightly but it didn't last long as he heard massive footsteps coming. "Move!" Jerry yelled as he and John bolted home. They could feel the steps getting closer and closer to them. They were in front of the dining table and for their pace, they were about five minutes from being home free but the rate a giant walks, that seemed like a lifetime for the two tiny men.


As Jaylin closed the door, she felt her soft soles touch the smooth carpet. She looked around her new room and right in front of her was her twin sized bed. It was more than enough room for her. Then right next to her bed was the dresser. And a few feet in front of that was her table for those lonely nights since she didn't have a significant other. And there was a wall blocking her view but she knew what was next. She turned the corner and knew what she was gonna see. "The kitchen! I really hope there's something in here. I'm starving." Jaylin said, giving the two men even more of an insensitive to keep running.


They had a motto back home under the dresser, ‘Never get in the way of a giant girl when she's hungry.’ It was confirmed by Juliana when she was normal size and hungry, she would basically eat anything in reaching distance and that included John when he was trying to get her attention. When she was brought down to her current size, she saw John and immediately cried, begging him for forgiveness.


As Jaylin walked around to the kitchen, she saw two little things scurrying across her carpet. She dropped what she was doing and got on her hands and knees. She was careful not to disturb whatever these things were. As she was observing these things, she noticed the familiar run of a person. She then extended her hand and crawled even closer to the specks. Suddenly she knew what these little things she'd been watching were. "Oh...my god." Jaylin said, alerting John and Jerry. But not only did the two men hear her voice, both Jessica and Marissa heard it as well.