- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The second part of chapter one picks up in the Ryan ruled colony with Ariel, Ryan and a few new characters
On the other side of the wall, things weren't so merry. Ariel had suffered great abuses from Ryan while she lived under her. Whether it was her specifically or a group, she was punished in some way. She remembered her first week with her and how she and a few others tried to escape Ryan's clutches. She planned it out perfectly. They would leave right after Ryan went to sleep and cross the floor until they reached the door. That's as far as they got until Ryan spotted them. Everything was going according to plan until she got up and noticed them.


"What the hell is this? I let you and your people live under me and this is how you repay me?" Ryan then picked each and every one of them up and turned on the light to see them better. "My Number one? I guess you get a day in my shoe. This time, you'll be put in there while my bare feet are in there." Ryan picked up her old and disgusting running shoes and dropped Ariel inside. It was the same shoe she used to crush Paul a few days ago. Apparently she liked having a female as her Number one. No matter how much he devoted his time to her, Ryan felt no remorse in ending his miserable life. He went out with a few others that Ryan had deemed ‘ not worthy’ of living anymore. She stuck her barefoot inside and felt the blood spill over her feet. Needless to say, no one survived and she made sure of that by jumping up and down for five minutes, killing everyone inside the shoe.


"Number one! I said, number one!" Ryan said while she laid on her bed with her stomach facing up. Ariel had sat on her knees like a good slave would on. She was on Ryan's nightstand, waiting for her give her anything to do. She sat here naked every single day at six o'clock on the dot and would wait until Ryan got up. She would be the first one up and she would have to climb up to the top of the nightstand and get in her position. It was degrading but it was a lot better than some of her other toys.


"Yes mistress?" Ariel stood up and faced her goddess.


"Now Number one," Ryan plucked Ariel up to her face and put her on her nose. "I'm going on my run and I want a few of your friends to join me. Think you can gather some of them for me?" Ryan then stood up and brought Ariel over to where she kept the undesirables. It was in her kitchen, underneath the sink and next to where she kept her ‘play toys’.


"There you go Number one. I want you to pick eight. One for each toe gap." Ryan dropped Ariel inside the clear plastic box. Ryan had picked out these people herself. They were the homeless of the rebuilt colony. People who would do literally anything for food. They begged Ryan to let them live. She, being the caring goddess that she was, brought them to their current box.


That was nearly eight months ago. It was now a horrible place to be. When this was first started, it may have been of Ryan showing she could do some good. But after more than eight months, it's become something of a punishment for those to defy her orders or for most of them, they didn't believe the orders given to them by the New Rangers, Ryan's security force. It was either death by hanging or complete humiliation going in what the colonists call, Ryan's Playhouse. A fitting name as she had a blast playing with them. Whether it's putting them in her shoe while she goes to work or eating them as a midnight snack. There plenty of ways she tortured her prisoners. Ways that would leave some prisoners beg for death. For some of her play things, she knew what they did to get in her playhouse so she had a special place in her heart for them. For them, it was full on torture.


"Ok everyone. You know the drill. Line up!" Ariel said, concealing her breasts from the perverted men that lived in this container. She always heard them plea for forgiveness from Ryan but every time, Ryan would ignore them. After a few minutes, Ariel decided on who would go with Ryan on her run. "You, you and you. And you five. Get over here! That's all Ryan!" Ariel said as Ryan abducted her and brought her up to eye level.


"Thanks Number one. Until I get back, you're free to go do whatever. Relax back home and eat because when I get back, I'm going to need you and a few friends to clean my feet. The ones you picked won't last long. They'll do anyway. Now go, before I change my mind."


Ariel then turned around and ran towards the new entrance. It had been rebuilt since Ryan discovered them but it was also closely guarded by the New Rangers, heavily devoted slaves of Ryan. The ones that woke up every morning and climbed into her shoes to clean them. The ones that bribed their way into saving their families. Ariel was technically above them but that didn't stop any of them from giving her trouble. She did have to pass through their checkpoint everyday. Some of them weren't so bad. On Tuesdays, she would see more respectable Rangers than any other days. Those were what was left of the original Rangers. She would sometimes think that Ryan or the other New Rangers hadn't gotten to them yet. It was only a matter time before they were corrupted. It's happened before to countless people. Brainwashed into believing whatever Ryan wanted them to.


As she walked towards the gate, she was confronted by a new guy who gave her the clothes she took off to serve Ryan. "Corporal Markos? You're new right?" The corporal just nodded in response. "Not allowed to talk anymore?" Ariel was then handed her clothes but not before the Corporal brought her close.


"After you're done with Ryan, come to the Six Fingered tower. Password is Atheon." Ariel was confused at first. What was this corporal telling her?


“What?” Ariel whispered.


“Just follow my instructions. There is something big going on in the colony. It needs you.” Markos said as he handed Ariel a small medallion and placed it in her hands.


"Corporal! What are you doing with her?” Corporal Markos turned to see a man in a gray uniform with some medals decorated around his chest. Behind him were a group of nine guards that were headed by a feminine guard with all black armor. “Yes you!" Ariel turned her head and saw him. The most vile and disgusting person she ever had the displeasure of meeting. The General of the New Rangers. Luke Efter was his name and pain was his game. The only person he listened to was Ryan whenever she noticed him. After Ryan took control, she gave control of of the city to him and he ruled it with an iron fist. Guards at night to secure his rule. It was a fully militarized state in the colony.


"Sorry General!" The Corporal shouted, saluting him at the same time. The general ignored his salute and punched him in the face. Ariel was going to stop it but she knew better than to piss off General Efter even further. Once he started to punish one of his men, it was best to just let it happen. One of the other guards from behind the General came up to Ariel and held her back.


"I don't think you want to get involved. When he's mad, nothing can stop him." It was a Hyperion Guard that broke the ranks trying to stop Ariel from engaging the General. His armor was completely devoid of any artwork like the other guards in his line who continued to look straight forward. Ariel knew it was a sign that he was the newest addition to the team.


“Rookie! What the hell are you doing?!” The female guard in front yelled. “Get back in line.” The rookie let go of Ariel and headed back into his formation. She fell onto her hands and knees, looking at the beating the General was giving the young looking corporal.


Suddenly there was a massive shadow behind them all. They all turned around to see Ryan's bright pink running shoes a few feet from where they were standing. They could smell some of stench that was Ryan's feet escape the shoe. When the smell reached them, some of the guards wanted to run away from it but they knew the consequence of running in the presence of Ryan. It wasn't so bad considering that there were eight men and women trapped in a worse hell than any guard could ever experience. They knew the odds of survival when Ryan tossed people in her shoe. And they weren't good for anyone.


"Ahem!" Ryan said, frightening the group of tiny people. "I made you General not to kill your own people. That's my job. Let this man go or else you'll go in my stomach. Got it?" The general instantly stood up and helped the man he had beaten half to death up from the ground.


"Yes goddess Ryan. Sorry. I don't know what got into me. That'll never happen again." Ryan then stood up and started to walk towards the door, leaving the group on the ground.


“It better not General. Or else.” Ryan said as she got closer to the door.


"Johnson! Lop! Get this man to the medic.” Two guards from the front of the rest stepped forward to grab the injured man. “And you," the General then turned her attention to Ariel. "Get out of here and if you tell anyone what happened today, I'll make sure you hang on the gallows. I don't care what Goddess Ryan has to say. Do I make myself clear?" Ariel nodded and then walked towards the wall and got dressed. She then passed through the checkpoint and began to walk to her home.


“Should I follow her sir? Make sure she doesn't speak out against her?” The female guard in the front came up to the General with her eight other guards in formation behind her. “I can have Pero and Slit track her. They're excellent at what they do sir. Or even Deadeye. She won't know what hit her sir.”


“No Davis. I think she knows what'll happen if she tells anyone. Leave her alone. And if Ryan doesn't get her Number One, she'll throw a fit. So leave her.”


“As you wish sir. My men await your orders.” Miss Davis then got in front of her platoon. They started walking back towards the entrance.


“Actually, I do have a job for them. The scientists are done with Ryan's girls and they need to be taken back to the labs. I trust your men can handle it?” The group of guards then stopped together as Miss Davis rose her hand in a fist.


“Yes sir. Hyperion guard! We're moving out!” Miss Davis said as they headed out to the subjects of Ryan. The armor of each guardsmen were customized to the guard's desires. Anything from Pero's, the second in command of the guard, helmet was a prototype helmet from an era that was before Ryan to Spark’s chest piece that had a detailed picture of Ryan in a blue spotted bikini.


The Rookie in the back was next to Slit, the squads melee expert. His helmet was a plain Mando helmet with some blood splattered across the top of the helmet. This blood was from just few of his kills he did for Ryan. The blood had become like glue. Even high pressure washes after a mission wasn't enough to get rid of the bright red blood. And Slit preferred it like that. If he saw an enemy of Ryan, he wanted them to fear him.


“You good rookie?” Slit asked.


“Yeah. Just new to this whole thing. Seeing Ryan that close before. I've never thought I'd see our goddess in person before. I guess it's all so much to take in.”


“You get used to seeing her that close. Also don't interfere anymore. Maybe you could do that when you were a captain of a guard squad but not here. Davis won't tolerate insubordination in her squad especially from a rookie like you.”


“Yes sir.” The Rookie said with some despair in his voice.


When the nine man squad arrived at the five pods waiting for them. Miss Davis halted the line and stepped forward in front of them. “Our command here is to get these pods back into the labs. Understand me?”


“Yes mistress!” The squad responded in a loud war cry.


“Very good. Here's the list: Deadeye and Pero will get Whitney. Tup and Spark will get Celeste. Slit and Hardcase will get Misty. Skipper and I will get Chloe. And finally, the Rookie will get Mia by himself since Thorn is still recovering from the last mission. You have your orders, get to it.” Davis then popped on her helmet and grabbed Skipper, the guard with Ryan's footprint painted on his chest, and headed towards Chloe's pod which was in the very front of the pack.


The Rookie's pod, Mia's, was in the back of the pack. He walked over to it and pouched his rifle on his back to get both hands ready for the pods that were bright silver metal with some buttons around the pod and its exterior. The whole upper part of the subjects body would be seen due to the glass ‘lid’.


When he walked over to the front of the pod, he saw this beautiful girl that had skin similar to that of the wall of Ryan's room. It was like a light brown. She had her eyes closed and had her head resting on the side of the pod, her dark black hair flowing down her chest. She was asleep. He sighed. “You're a beautiful.” He stuttered, still a little bit shocked from seeing her. “I mean, I've seen a lot of beautiful girls back home but you're the best.” He whispered to himself as he extended his hands to wake the sleeping beauty that was in the pod. “Come on Allen, get it together. You've talked to hundreds of girls before. This one is no different.”


Allen then tapped on the glass slightly and she woke up. She opened her eyes that were bright blue. Allen knew she was another one of Ryan's girls that he had heard of but he had never actually seen them in person before. She was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen in the colony. Even Ryan paled in comparison to her beauty. Allen was instantly hooked on this girl. No matter what she did to get here, Allen wanted to have her. Even if had to betray everything he stood for these past months.


Mia along with the rest of the girls in the small pods were used to these kinds of things. The test the scientists wanted to perform on them were terrible. Exposure test to see how long the human girl could survive out alone in the room. In the labs were the most terrifying for the lab rats that were the girls. Acid test to see exactly how long the human body could last before it began to degrade. These test resulted in burns and scars on the girl's legs or wherever the acid was poured. The purposes of these test were to please Ryan who wanted many more shrinking devices using the girl's DNA. As well to fill the sick and twisted minds of the scientists who craved and loved hearing the girl's screams in pure terror when they introduced a new test. The girls were only allowed some time to eat and sleep to regain their strength. The one and only rule that Ryan have the scientists was that the scientists couldn't kill the girls. That usually didn't bode well for the girls that were the test subjects.


“Hey.” Allen tapped into the pods microphone and his helmets own. “Don't worry, they won't be able hear us. You can speak freely. I promise.”


“Who are you? Are you here to let us go?” She asked in an excited manner. Mia smiled, revealing her bright white smile that still has yet to degrade after so many months of tests. Her cheeks were soft and full and her dimples were amazing. Allen sighed slightly as soon as she smiled.


“Be honest with her. You're in a Hyperion guards uniform. Sides, girls know when people lie.” Allen thought to himself. “I'm sorry but no. We're taking you back to the lab.” Allen watched as Mia's smile to see him turn into a frown. “Crap. She hates you. She officially hates you.”


“Then why even talk to me if you're just taking us back to the labs?” Mia crossed her arms, rolled her eyes and faced away from Allen. “First your goddess kidnaps me and my friends after shrinking us, then you people experiment on us!” Mia turned back at Allen who still looked at her with his visor making it seem like he was just staring at her. “Ehh, what's the point. I'm talking to a faceless guard that only knows one thing. Obey. You have no freewill. Never have, never will.”


“We're not all like that. Some of us still want to do good. I'm not trying to hurt you. I promise.” Allen said sympathetically. He then started pushing Mia's pod towards the door where the others were pushing their pods towards. “I'd never hurt you or any of your friends. I'm not like that.”


“Why should I believe anything you say? While you're in that armor, your word has no value to me.”


“Come on. Please don't be like that. I'm trying to make this situation better for you.”


“How? Being a slave to this? How would you help any of us?” Allen stuttered to get a response to Mia's question. She scoffed at his pathetic attempts to answer her. “You wouldn't understand what it's like being something you don't want to be, would you? I was brought here by force. I had almost no choice in the matter when that bitch shrunk me. Shrunk and then brought here, naked, afraid, and experimented on.” Mia started to tear up as she remembered what she endured.


“I think I do know what you mean.” Allen said sympathetically. “I know a lot more than you think I do with that.” This caught Mia's attention slightly.


“A big guard feels down? Boohoo.” Mia teased. “We're locked in cages and experimented on.” Allen saw Mia begin to tear up. “The pain...it's unbearable. You get to go whatever you want and you get to keep your freedom.”


“Hey, Mia. My name is Allen. And I promise to get you out of here one day. I promise.” Allen put his hand on the glass but was soon interrupted as Pero called out his call sign.


“Rookie! Bring her in so we can leave!” Pero said as he and Deadeye put put the pod Whitney into a truck. “I want to get home today!”


Allen then turned off the mic and responded to Pero. “Yes sir. Just loading her up now.” He then reconnected the mics and said his goodbyes to Mia. “Well, goodbye. I hope I can see you again.” Allen just saw her roll her eyes again as he put her pod in with the others. “Under better circumstances than this.” Allen then cut the microphone and brought Mia's pod in front of Chloe's. “Next time maybe. Next time.” Allen thought to himself as he walk to the formation of the other guards.


Suddenly, Tup, the third in command of the Hyperion guard walked up to Allen. He was never one to break formation but due to the relaxed nature of the squad currently, he did. “You good rookie? You look like you've been through hell and back.”


Allen was still day dreaming of the girl of his dreams so as soon as Tup walked up to him, he snapped out of it. “What? Yeah. Just still a little jumpy from seeing Ryan that close before.”


“Be honest Allen. As your CO, or one of them, I command you to tell me.” Tup said in a joking manner.


“Well I met this one girl last night at a bar.”


“I see, Allen's going for the ladies.”


Allen laughed. “Yeah, I guess.”


“What's her name? Did you get her address?”


Allen laughed at this. “Of course I did. I'm a Hyperion guard Tup.” Tup laughed. “I walk in and they're all over me.”


“I guess I should go with you then since you're getting so many girls.”


“You two done?” Miss Davis said from the front. They stopped what they were doing and saluted the officer. “Get in line. We're waiting on both of you!”


“Yes mamn!” The two said as they got into formation in the back.


Meanwhile, for Allen, he was still fascinated with Mia even though she was a captive of Ryan, his goddess, he still wanted to help her. By help, he wanted her. But what could he do to convince her? Suddenly an idea popped in his head. Since he was a Hyperion guard, he had clearance to most if not all the inner workings of the colony. He knew where Mia was being held, knew how to get in and that's where the idea came into his head.


“Tup, what's the schedule looking like tonight?”


“Nothing scheduled but Deadeye and Slit are going to a bar tonight. I was planning on going. If you're interested of course.”


“No, I think I'll stay home tonight. Just want to unwind a bit. Make sure I could before Davis kills me.”


As she walked home, Ariel looked around the colony. They've long since rebuilt the damages that Ryan had caused but the scars still remained. The children who weren't there had heard the stories and were frightened beyond belief.


The adults who lived it never wanted to talk about it. And then there were people who lived in high class apartments always talk about how the great and kind goddess Ryan saved the colony from itself. But everyone knew the truth. How they all kissed up to Ryan to get their positions. Some even gave their sons and daughters to her as sacrifices to further cement their statuses as nobles in the colony.


In some instances, Ariel even had to deliver them to Ryan. Sometimes she would grant them mercy which meant she would give them a quick death by just stepping on the quickly and efficiently while other times, when she felt extra cruel, she would crush the legs of the sacrifices just to watch them bleed out. It made her laugh, further terrifying both the victim and Ariel. Her sweet and almost innocent giggle would most likely be the last thing they would ever hear.


The citizens tried not to speak up as this would result in them being hung or if the crime was severe enough and if she was in the right mood, Ryan would personally punish them such as throw them in her playhouse. Even under these conditions, a rebellion was forming. But even they weren't above the law of Goddess Ryan. Several rebels have already been captured and killed by her to show that defiance was not to be tolerated under any circumstances. She along with her guard made some executions public for the entire colony to see if the crime against the colony was severe enough.


Sure it was horrible way to live but Ariel was above all of it. As Ryan's Number one, she was treated with respect from the citizens, not that they had a choice in the matter. But what she most hated about being Number one to Ryan was that everyone feared her as well. No one talked to her and this made her seem like the antisocial girl who was forced to be the Number one to their Goddess.


As Ariel unlocked her house door, she instantly walked to her bed. When Ryan let her go back to the colony, she chose the house her and John shared before...before this happened. She had kept the pictures they took together. To think, she gave up her safety for Jessica to live free. Some days, she wondered if she did the right thing. Did the group she saved even make it to John’s location? If so, did the settlement make it? Or were they wiped out by Ryan later down the line?


"As far as I know, her, John and everyone were all killed by her. Although Ryan keeps mentioning how she keeps losing some of the girls she shrunk." She then picked up a picture of her and John, in fact, it was the same picture John showed Marissa when they first met. "I have my doubts but I still have hope." She stroked the picture. "She thinks she has everyone in the colony but..." She then got on her bed and put the picture on the floor. "I know. John and the others are still fighting Ryan in one way." Ariel then closed her eyes and went to sleep. After all, this was the first time Ryan had given her a break in several weeks. It was fortunate to say the least.