- Text Size +
“Attention! Attention!” Lance called on one of the Rangers broadcast beacons. They were set up to broadcast propaganda for the New Ranger brand and to instill fear into the colonists. “You no longer have to be afraid. Of Ryan! Of the New Rangers! Of anyone anymore. Join our cause! Join the rebe-” The feed was cut off. Lance’s voice no longer echoed through the colony.

“They cut the connection sir.” A rebel said to Lance.

“Digitally?” Lance asked.

“Yes sir. I can track where the origin is.” Lance nodded and the rebel got to work.

The General’s penthouse

“I want all of this shit shut down. We don't need Ryan coming in here and seeing this. Think about what she'll do to us.” The General sat in his penthouse overlooking the chaos down below him. He saw a few explosives go off every now and again. The ringing shots of gunfire always filled the air of the colony.

A women in all black armor minus a helmet which she had in her right hand and a remote device in the left entered the room. It was Miss Davis, commander of the Hyperion Guards. She came up to the general. “Sir, we're getting a few disturbances with the broadcasting system. The rebellion has managed to get past our firewall.”

“Shut them down. All of them. We don't need any more lies that they're spreading. Got it?” The General said as he picked up a cup of liquor.

The women pressed a few buttons on her remote and there was silence in the colony for a split second. “Already done sir. Anything else?”

“Round them up in the center of the colony. I don't want anyone going past 5th street. Understand?” The General asked Davis.

“I understand fully sir. I shall prepare my men.”

“Good. Now go. Kill this resistance once and for all. I'll feed them to Ryan personally at this rate.”

“Yes sir.” The woman said as she left the room, sealing the door behind her. The women then popped on her helmet when exited the “Pero, get the team ready. We're gonna get our feet wet.”

“Yes mistress.” Pero said, the second in command of the Hyperion guard. “Get ready boys! We're going out!”

“One more thing Davis.” The general said over the comms on her helmet. “If you fail, and your team lives, I will personally send you each and everyone of the team down Ryan's throat.” The general smashed an empty glass against a wall, showing his frustration.

“I understand general. I won't fail you or Ryan. This I promise you. This rebellion will wish they were never born when my team and I are done with them.”

“I hope you're right. Your life depends on it.” By this time, Miss Davis was in the garage where her Hyperions were located and getting ready for the mission ahead of them.

Miss Davis looked at her guard who were getting their armor on. She surveyed from right to left and noticed the rookie of the squad struggling to get his gauntlets on. She walked over to him and grabbed both gauntlets and slapped them onto his wrists.

“I know you're a rookie but enemy doesn't know that. Show that you're one of us. If you don't, I'll personally feed you to Ryan and get a replacement. Understand me rookie?” Miss Davis looked at him with no remorse. “When I or Pero address you rookie, we expect an answer. Do you understand?”

“Yes mistress!” Allen yelled to her.

“Very good. Now get your rifle and form up!” Allen grabbed his weapon and threw on his helmet which had a pin up style of Ryan with the phrase ‘Do it for my colony!’ under his visor and breathing apparatus. It was a new addition since his last deployment on the outside. Thorn, as soon as he recovered from his injuries from the previous mission, had added it. Allen then got into one of the two lines of Hyperion guards next to Slit, his usual partner.

Miss Davis then got in the front of the formation and put her helmet on. “Troops, l have hope that we will defeat this rebellion. If we fail, our merciful goddess will punish us all. Remember, kill any rebel on sight. Show no mercy. Now let's ride gentleman.” Miss Davis then pressed the button and the garage opened up.

Allen, who was in the back hesitant to join the Hyperion guard when he was offered the role nearly a month ago. He was brought on to the guard due to his unrivaled method of dealing with protesters of Ryan's colony. He was replacing the guard who was killed in line of duty almost two months ago during a rebel engagement for control of a remote Ranger base outside the colony. In his funeral, he was given a ceremony that ended with Ryan giving him one tear to send him off into the afterlife. Afterwards, Ryan consumed his body as sign of respect and appreciation of his work serving her. It was quite the show of respect for her guards.

After much consideration and pressure from Miss Davis and Pero, Allen took the offer to replace the now dead guard. He left his security job guarding the new entrance of the colony. Unintentionally however, this gave Christian an easier time to get closer to Ariel, setting this whole thing in motion.

His name was now HG-0010 due to him being the newest member of the squadron. Personally, he never really cared about Ryan's occupation of the colony. As long as he stayed a ranger when she took over, he didn't care. That was until he joined the guard of the most brutal men and women in the New Rangers. Now he was starting to see what the rebels were starting to see. And there still lingered the sight of the shrunken human girl in his mind. The one he promised he’d release from her prison.

On the field

“Found the origin sir.” The rebel said as he dodged a few bullets as he ran from his safe position behind a building to where Lance was. Lance was propped behind an overturned desk that offered a surprising amount of cover and safety.

“Where is it?” Lance then brought his weapon up and blind fired it into the guards in front of him.

“Fourth street and Seri street. About a ten minute walk from here. You know, if it wasn't for the guards all around the colony.”

“I've heard of the address before. I know that address.” A guard then came from above the desk. Lance grabbed him and shot him. “I know it! It's the General’s home. How about a few of us go and uhh...pay him a visit?” The rebel nodded as he called over a few others.

“Where we going sir?” A rebel in a green and yellow helmet asked.

“We're gonna make sure the General has a proper welcome to the new colony we're making here.” Lance called out to the five rebels. They all nodded their heads. “Then let's move. Out the alley!” Lance then lead the rebels towards an alleyway, in the general direction of where they were heading.

“You're sure this is the way sir?” A rebel called out as the group of five turned a corner of a building.

“You know a better way Parsh?” The rebel, Parsh remained silent as they continued running towards the General's home.

Back in the truck, the trio was just about to get to the exit of the colony. “Look! Lance’s plan worked!” Ariel pointed to the empty security entrance that would normally be filled with guards.

“Now let's fill our part of the bargain!” Christian then floored it and plowed through the gates separating them from the metal door. “John, radio Jerry to send Jaylin in. We're just about ready.” John nodded and got on the radio.

“Jerry. Do you copy?”

“John? You guys ready for us?” Jerry responded back.

In Jaylin's room, Jerry was preparing Jaylin for the plan ahead. She was scared, nervous to meet Ryan again.

“Jaylin! Are you ready?” Jerry called out to Jaylin who was sitting on her bed. She was in her casual wear without any shoes on. Occasionally, she would move her toes to show herself that she was still in her body. She was nervous. If she failed, it meant the colony's only hope goes down the drain. She didn't need to sacrifice any more girls lives. She took a deep breath in and out. She then looked at Jerry who was sitting by her feet. She nodded her head and picked him up.

“Jaylin, I can understand that you're afraid of what'll happen in that room but you have to understand this is for our home. Our people that Ryan has taken from our peaceful lives.”

“It doesn't make me any less nervous.” Jaylin put Jerry on her shoulder. He then got intermingled with Jaylin's hair so he wouldn't fall off while she walked.

“Don't worry Jaylin. You'll do great. When we win, you'll be a hero to everyone in the colony. I can see it now. ‘Jaylin the Merciful’. You like the sound of that?”

“Let's get through this ok? I don't want to get your people's hopes up if I fail.” Jaylin then made sure she had everything before she began to make her way to Ryan's room. “I think I have everything. Let's go.”

“John, Jaylin is on the move. We're heading for the room. Be ready.” Jerry called on the radio as Jaylin walked out of her room and into the hallway.

“Copy that. Tell Jaylin that the pill is going to be where the entrance is. Good luck.”

“You too.” Jerry then looked at Jaylin. She was still nervous. “Jaylin. Can I tell you something?”

“Hmm?” Jaylin said as she was about to knock on Ryan's door.

“Try to act like you belong here. Try to be confident when you see her. But as soon as you pick up the pill, I want you to make her swallow it. If she fights back, then you fight even harder. You understand?”

“Yes I understand. And what about you? What if she sees you?”

“Don't worry about me. I'll be hidden while you do your part of the mission. I'll be fine.” Jerry said as Jaylin began knocking on the door.

“Coming!” Ryan called out as she was just finishing off her snack for the day which consisted of a protein bar, a glass of water and finally to top it off, about ten or twenty slaves. This kept her focused and full for pretty much the whole day.

The trio in the truck heard Ryan open the door. They all looked at each other and nodded. Christian reignited the engine and drove through the metal door. This then gave them the opportunity to look at Ryan's room. The room they feared to go into. But then they turned their heads and saw Jaylin talking to the owner of the room.

“I think it's now or never.” Ariel said as Christian took a right and unhitched the giant pill from the back of it. John and Ariel got out of the truck and prepared it for Jaylin to pick it up. John looked at the two giant girls as he and Ariel pushed it towards the wall. He was ready for revenge. This wouldn't just be for Marissa and the other girls she shrunk, this was vengeance for the colony that she stole and claimed for her own.

Ariel then put her hand on his shoulder, snapping him out of his hallucination. “You ready?” John nodded his head and looked back at the girls still at the doorway. “Tell Christian to get the truck back inside the colony. We don't need her noticing it and the plan going to hell.” Ariel then ran to the cab of the truck and told Christian.

“Jerry, tell Jaylin to distract Ryan just a little bit longer. Copy?”

“Got it. Jaylin, distract her a little bit longer. The setup team needs more time.” Jaylin was busy talking to Ryan about her life. She had gotten comfortable talking to her so she didn't really need permission to distract her anymore.

“John! I've gotten confirmation that Lance has captured the general in his penthouse. Patching you in now.” Christian said as he reversed the truck back into the wall they came from.

“John! Glad you came!” Lance’s video feed was broadcasted directly into John HUD. In front of him was the general, tied up in a chair and in a dark and shot up room that had flames around them.

“Lance, mission on our end in going smoothly. What about yours?”

“Great. Just need the general here to order his men to stand down. Then we'll be getting somewhere.”

“I'll never do that! Do you have any idea what you are doing here? If she finds out that there's a revolution, she'll kill us all!” The general said as one of the rebels brought up a pistol to his head. “You can't kill me!”

“And why's that?” Lance said as he pulled out his sidearm and put it in the General's face as well. “Oh I get it. You're too important to Ryan aren't you?” The general nodded in agreement.

“Exactly! If she finds out you killed me, she'll go on a rampage looking for my killers.” Lance then cocked his sidearm.

“You really think that? Well, what if I told you that's complete and total b.s? That she doesn't care about a single one of us! She only sees us all as one thing. Disposable. To her, we're nothing but slaves. Made to do her bidding. And as for you, you're just a pawn like the rest of your guards.”

“Lance, don't kill him. When this is over, we might need him. Just keep him alive for at least, an hour.” Christian said as he parked the truck in the colony and ran back out.

“You have no idea how long I've waited to get my revenge on him.” Lance then flipped his head camara off, leaving him and his men alone with the General.

“Jerry, you're good. Bring her in.” John said as all three of them rushed to camouflage that Ariel had set up.

“You want to come inside?” Ryan asked. “I was just about ready to have lunch. You want some? I made my mom’s special ham and cheese casserole. I think you'll like it a lot.” Run said as she walked by the three tiny people as well as the small white pill by the wall. She just kept walking towards the kitchen.

“It's working. She ignored the pill.” John said, peeking a little out of the camouflage. “Jerry, Jaylin, you see the pill?”

“Looking….looking….there it is. Right there Jaylin.” Jerry pointed to a broken part of the wall. Jaylin then reached down and picked up the pill and clenched her fist to conceal it.

“Whenever you're ready Jaylin. No pressure or anything.” John said as he watched pick up the pill.

“So this is the girl you're putting the colony’s future in? Doesn't look like she can hurt a dust bunny.” Ariel commented. “Let alone the great goddess Ryan.”

“Will you relax? She's perfectly capable of dealing with Ryan.” John then whispered to himself. “I hope.”

In the General's penthouse

“Looks like I'm in charge now.” Lance said as he lowered his sidearm and pulled up a chair. He put it directly in front of the General and looked at him intensely.

“I'm still in charge here! There's only one person I listen to and that is goddess Ryan. The merciful! The savior of the colony! Where would we be without her! We'd be dead!” Lance then slapped him across the face.

“I want you to listen to me. The next time you talk about Ryan, it won't just be a slap to the face.” Lance pulled out his pistol and showed to the General. “See this? It's a mark 2.6 sidearm. Standard issue for the guardsmen. Have you ever wondered what it feels like to receive a bullet from one of these?” Lance pointed the barrel to the General's forehead. “Exactly. Now, order your men to stand down.”

“Lance! We got a problem in the courtyard. Hyperions.” A rebel that was on the roof called out on the radio. Lance stood up and went to the window. “Looks to be about five Hyperion guards. Heavily armed and armored. The rebels seem to be unarmed.”

He looked west and saw about fifty rebel fighters surrounded by the guardsmen. He then pounded on the glass, slightly cracking it. “Shit.”

“Looks like you're not in charge anymore son. The powerful always prevail against the weak. Now just let me go and I promise to only have my men kill half of yours.” Lance then cocked his pistol and shot the General's right knee. “Ahhh!! I thought you needed me alive!” Blood was dripping down his pant leg as he yelled out in pain.

“I do need you alive. A little bullet won't hurt you. Now, tell your men to stand down! Or your kneecap won't be the only thing that has a bullet in it.”

“Attention all resistance fighters. A cease and desist order is now in effect! Lay down your arms and no harm will come to these men and women.” Hardcase got on the broadcasting system throughout the whole colony. “Surrender now and I will personally promise all of you a minor punishment from goddess Ryan. Two months in her playhouse sounds about right. You have ten minutes to lay down your arms and turn yourselves in or we will begin executing these prisoners. Understand me? Yeah you do you rats.”

“The only way they'll stand down is Ryan sir. Phase two needs to accelerate.” A rebel said with binoculars said as he backed away from the window. “We can't just let them die.”

“I'll be back. Keep an eye on him while I'm gone. Don't kill him. That'll be my job when this is done.” Lance then headed for the elevator and went down stairs. “John, give me a sitrep on phase two. How's our girl doing?” Lance said as he left the General's tower.

“Phase two is still operational. We're not dead yet. How's your end?”

“A number of my men are cornered by Hyperion guardsmen. They said we have ten minutes before they start executing them.” Christian overheard this and got on the comms.

“Hyperions? Shit. Didn't think they would send them out. Well just stay focused on the mission.”

“Will do sir. I'm heading to your location. I've gotten what I can from our dear friend the General. ETA two minutes.”

“Copy. Just stay out of sight until necessary.”
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed as the story goes along and please be sure to leave a review as anything helps.