- Text Size +
It had been a few days since the refugees arrived in the colony. Ariel, to keep up her appearance, would leave everyday to go to Ryan and gather information for the Resistance. The plan was almost a few hours from ignitions and everyone was excited to see the goddess they feared for months brought down to size.

Jessica had gone to help the new girls get accustomed to the new life of not being experimented on. Even the scientists that had been part of the experiments on them volunteered to help them recuperate from them seeing only the worst side of the colony. This left John and Marissa alone in the room, time to just talk. Something they haven't done since the day before they left.

“So is your home as good as you remember?” Marissa asked, she hugged John on their bed. She cuddled with him as got closer to him.

“Well, I don't remember it being this cold but maybe because I was used to it.” John then brought the blanket that was to the right onto Marissa. “Hey, as soon as Ryan is gone, why don't you and I try to find a nice house. I think I remember hearing that there's great houses in the center of the city. Great view of everything. After this is all done, I'll show you. I'll let you pick out the house too.”

“Really? I've never picked out a house before. This is gonna be exciting. Can the house be any color? Any color at all?” Marissa looked at John enthusiastically.

“Any color you want. Just find a house you want, I'll get it for us.” Suddenly the door opened up to have Christian in full body armor.

“John! There you are.” Christian had been looking for him a few minutes.

“What'd you need Christian?” John let go of Marissa and stood up.

“We're just about ready. We need everyone on deck.” Christian was then about to leave the doorway until he heard John shout.

“I'll be ready. See you then.” John then turned to Marissa and sat back down in front of her.

“I know what this is.” Marissa said.

“Really?” John grabbed Marissa's hands and brought them together. Marissa giggled slightly.

“Ok. Maybe I don't. What is it?”

“You know my part in the operation right?” Marissa nodded slightly. “I just want to let you know, if I don't come back…” Marissa stopped John right where he was. She didn't need to hear it.

“Don't say things like that. It's gonna be just like home. You've lived through worse back then. Elise, me, Natasha. You're gonna come back. And when you do, we'll get a house and live out our lives. Together, just like you said.” Marissa got on the floor with John and hugged him. “Please don't go.”

“I have to and you know that. When I come back, we'll buy that house. We'll finally settle down and maybe, start something new.” John stood up, bringing Marissa up with him. “Would you like that for us?” Marissa started to tear up a little.

“I'd love to have that for us.” Marissa then hugged John again.

“Then let's do this.” John said as he brought Marissa to the door. He opened the door and stepped out. “Whatever happens out there….I love you.”

“I love you too.” Marissa then watched John run to the control room. As Marissa watched John run down the hallway, she whispered to herself. “Good luck.”

“Jerry, you here?” Christian asked to Jerry who was over the comms, waiting in Jaylin's palm. When Jaylin first had this plan explained to her, she was a little hesitant to go through with it but this soon faded away after some changes to the plan were made and a little persuading on Jerry's part, she was on board fully.

“Yes sir. I'm here. So is Jaylin.” Jerry responded.

“That's good. Here's the plan. Group Alpha will be the distraction. Cause chaos in the colony. Make sure you get the guards attention stationed at the wall or else the whole plan goes to hell. Group Beta is the team that will deliver the package to Jaylin. She will then drop the pill into Ryan's drink. That's when Beta team will bring her back here and prepare her cell.” The room all nodded their heads in understanding. “Get suited up. Alpha will wear the light masks. Prepare smoke grenades, Molotovs, everything that you'll need to cause as much chaos as possible. But there is one rule! Do not, I repeat, do not damage personal property. If it has the New Rangers logo on it, go nuts.”

“When does Jaylin come in this? So I can tell her the role she has.” Jerry asked.

“As soon as Beta team is at the drop zone is when you'll have Jaylin go next door to pick up the pill and have Ryan swallow it. Tell her to be creative. Whatever gets Ryan to our size. Got it Jerry?” Christian said over the comms to Jerry.

“Understood sir. We'll be here, ready for orders.” Jerry said, signing off.

“Very good. Get into your groups and prepare for the mission.” Christian then dismissed the soldiers and turned off the hologram. “John! Ariel! You're with me!” Christian called out to the group. The two then ran to the front and got next to Christian.

“Glad to see you two aren't trying to kill each other. Now, we're going to deliver the package to Jaylin. After that, it's Jaylin's job to make sure she swallows it. To get there, we're gonna take the long way to avoid getting shot at. Once we're through the exit, we're going hang a right and deliver it Jaylin. Understand?” Both of them nodded. “Good. Get set up and ready to go. We're going right after we hear the first signs of chaos. Get your gear on. Come on John, I'll get you set.” Christian said as he walked to the armory go get John set. “Ariel, make sure Atheon is ready. We'll be there in a few minutes.” Ariel then saluted Christian and walked away from the pair.

“Is getting the armor necessary? It's not gonna do anything against Ryan.”

“Was the armor necessary when you were with the Rangers? No. It may not be against Ryan but here in the colony, it's vital. The New Rangers are brutal here. I mean, you've seen the victims before. They try not to send anyone to Ryan but that doesn't change anything. They'll use whatever doesn't kill us. Which is why we wear full body armor. Here's your chest piece, your gauntlets and finally, I'll let you pick out your own helmet.” John slipped on the chest armor and then the gauntlets.

“I think I'll get this one. It's got a cool design. I think Marissa would like this.” The helmet John picked out was an all black helmet but it had small streaks of reflective blue on the sides. As for the visor, it was solid gold with it fading into the breathing areas. “Her favorite color’s blue.” John laughed a little bit. He then popped it on and faced Christian.

“Looks good. Let's go.” Christian then started walking towards the exit, where all the soldiers were heading. “So, I never did ask. How's Marissa taking this? I've been curious as to what the affects are from the pill.”

“Back home, when Ryan shrunk her, we brought her home and she was extremely terrified. Finding out you're gonna be tiny for the rest of your life will do that to someone. We comforted her for everything she needed. We found that the victims would tend to develop some forms of paranoia and nightmares But those faded away after a few days. Although Julianna’s symptoms lasted about three weeks after she was shrunk.”

“Oh yes. Julianna. Sweet girl. Likes to hang out with Natasha right?”

“Yeah. Natasha was the first one we rescued after Jessica. When we brought in Julianna, they hit it off and became inseparable.” John and Christian then caught up with Ariel who was standing by the package.

“You look nice John. Wish Christian let me pick my helmet.” John bowed his head slightly to Ariel's comment.

“Like that helmet doesn't look good on you.” John then tapped the top of Ariel's helmet. “So when you sending the team out?” John asked Christian.

“Now.” Christian then got on the radio. “All insurgents, move out. Remember, only target Ranger property. Move!”

“Now we wait for the first few minutes of the chaos. Then we head over there. Give us a few minutes to embrace the calm before the storm. Maybe even say our goodbyes for the last time.” Christian said, leaning on the pill that was put on a cart that was surprisingly light. Light enough to push anyway.

“I already said my goodbyes to Marissa. I'm ready to leave whenever you two are.” John then started walking around the pill as he heard the first gunshots, indicating the plan was underway. The trio heard shouting, some gunfire and even some fires starting.

“Timer starts now. If Lance’s plan gets the guards off our backs, we should have a straight shot to the drop zone.”

On the outside, the riots have started. Everyone except the trio in Beta team was apart of the destruction team. Their job was just to cause as much chaos as possible. That was their primary objective but the secondary objective was to find the General. He was reportedly somewhere near the center of the colony, being guarded by some of the most feared guards in the colony.

Lance lead the Alpha team and walked them to a New Ranger blockade. This was obviously due to the attack on the Science building performed earlier in the week. Lance had denounced his allegiance to the New Ranger cause when he arrived to the Rebel base. He longer believed what he had been taught. He had a new outlook on this colony. One he hasn't had in months.

“Sir!” One guard turned around and saw Lance all by himself. “You can't be over here. It's a restricted area until we can get this fixed. Please, go back to your home.” The guard the saw Lance raise up his hands. “Did you not hear me punk?” The guard then walked up to Lance.

“Now!” Lance shouted as he got down on the ground to shield himself from the rebels attack. He used his long coat to cover his face as he heard the first bits of gunfire and shouting. The rebels were placed on the buildings around, ready to open fire on the guards just ten feet below them. When they heard the signal, they went out of hiding and opened fired on the guards down below. They threw everything they had at the ten guards they saw. Gunshots rang around the colony, signaling the beginning of the riots.

There were cryers meant to run around the colony, alerting people of the upcoming attack on the Rangers that belittled them. The rebellion knew that with the numbers they currently had, they wouldn't last against the New Rangers. But with the colony behind them, they stood a chance.

“You're good Lance.” A voice on the radio called to Lance. He then stood up and got the dust off his jacket. He then walked over to guard who was still alive after he had a bullet in his leg.

“You bastard! You're ruining everything we worked for!”

“What? Suppressing the people who used to look up to us? See us as heroes!” Lance then got on the ground, kneeling before the fallen guard. “I used to be like you. Thinking we ruled the colony. But maybe you can be reborn. Be better than what you are now.”

“I'd rather die than lose my power! We earned this! Ryan gave us this power!”

“By the monster who took killed our families?! Do you even have a heart anymore?” Lance brought the wounded guard up to his face as he signaled the rebels to move up. “I want you to think about this when you're talking to a tribunal.” Lance then dropped the guard back down as he handed him to another rebel. “Be careful with him. He knows things I don't. Like where the General is hiding.” Lance then kneeled down and grabbed a rifle that a guard had thrown on the ground after he was killed by the rebels. He cocked it and fired it in a three round burst, screaming as he did so. “Let's do this.” He said to himself as he followed the block of soldiers heading around the colony.

Around him, he could hear doors opening with both men and women pulling anything they fashioned as a weapon. All around the colony, people who were too afraid to speak up and act against the ruthless dictatorship rose up from the ashes like a phoenix. These people were ready to fight and hungry for victory. They were ready to fight back against the ruthlessness of the New Rangers.

“Lance, how we looking over there?” John called out on the radio.

“We're doing well for the first few minutes. Got the people behind us. Should be ready to move forward in a few minutes. Maybe even less.” Lance then fired the rifle at a building where he saw a sniper, waiting for his chance to take out a rebel.

“Good luck. We're moving out now.” John said as Ariel, Christian and him boarded the truck carrying the pill.

“You too. Tell Ariel I said goodbye too. Alright?” Lance said as he ran to a group of rebels.

“Yeah. I got you. See you on the other side.” John the hung up and looked at the pair. “You two ready to move out?” They both nodded. “Let's do this then. I've been waiting to get her back after what did to us.”

“We all have. Let's move. Do not want to waste this opportunity.” Christian said as he got into the driver's seat. Ariel then got in middle seat while John got in the passenger side. Christian then turned on the small car they were in and opened the garage door. He then floored it out and headed out towards their target, hoping that Lance’s plan worked, ending all of their misery.