- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alternate mirco sized shrinking starting point

Today was a normal day, just like every day. You had to admit that the days have began to blend in now that you’ve gotten a lot better at your job duties. And you don’t find that a bad thing at all, because now you really don’t need to worry about messing up during work or anything. And your co-workers are all pretty nice and friendly, for the most part, so interacting with them is enjoyable.

But you were having a strange headache, and you didn’t get why you were feeling this way. You had a balanced breakfast and you were drinking enough water, so you weren’t dehydrated. So you let your boss know, and he said you could take it slow today if you needed to, and to let him know if you felt like you needed to go home early. As everyone was busy with their own work, you started to experience a sudden dizzy spell, and before you knew it, you lost consciousness. And sadly, it seems like none of your co-workers seemed to have noticed what happened to you, but if you could see how it really looked like, you probably wouldn’t have noticed. This was because you actually shrunk quite quickly during that time of unconsciousness, although it didn’t take long for you to come back to.

As you wake up, groggily, you’re not too sure of what happened. You look around, and you start to try and figure things out aloud, hoping that it would make you process whatever happened faster. You say, “What in the world? Where am I? What happened to me?” You start to look around, and see some strange and thick metallic pillars that go up to an impossibly high ceiling, and say “Why does that look so familiar, but also so weird?” But then you hear a series of what you can only imagine are earthquakes, and you duck down uncertain of what is happening, but then you see a massively large green object land some distance away from you. Then you hear a booming voice that shakes your body to its core say, “Oh, did Nick leave or something? I needed to drop off a bit of paperwork. I’ll just leave it on his desk then.” As this strange figure moved away from where you were, you finally had a realization, and say “No way!! Did I just shrink?! Those were definitely Jen’s flats and I can’t think of any other explanation.” Then you pinch yourself, because you’re still in disbelief, but then you say “Oh wait, doesn’t that not actually work?” So you instead look at your watch, and take note of the time, and then look again, and see that it didn’t change. You also look at your surroundings, and determine that you must be no larger than ¼ of an inch tall. So then you exclaim, “I’m not dreaming! Holy crap!! This is amazing!” But then you calm down, and try and think things through rationally. You say, “I’ve gotta find help. Any of my co-workers would be good choices for me to approach. But who do I go with?”

Jen was already friendly with you, so she would be an obvious choice. Although she was a pretty playful person, so you weren’t sure if she’d mess with you or tease you once she found you. Meghan was the same age as you, and you both bonded as fellow ex-college students, so she’d probably help you out readily. Kristen was a nice person, even though you didn’t know her all that well besides work related stuff, so she probably would be okay to go for, but you weren’t all that convinced. Miriam was a quiet and serious person, but those might be pretty desirable qualities for your current situation, so she’d be a safe bet as well.

Choices:

1) Approach Jen

2) Approach Meghan

3) Approach Kristen

4) Approach Miriam

Chapter End Notes:

Hey guys! I know that I started this story as a sort of unaware footrest/ not that small shrinking focus, but I changed my mind. I created this set of characters, and I don't want to waste them by just doing the footrest stuff. So I'll do a bit of the original stuff, as well as some mirco stuff that I've usually written. Hope you guys enjoy! I'm gonna include an actual content chapter very soon, so look forward to it!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.