- Text Size +



'Dai on' na'

 



  As I sat there, completely covered with a single facial tissue, using it as easily as a bed sheet; I was thinking about everything that had happened to me leading up to this point.


I nervously glanced around the enormous space, that was actually the surface of this lady Doctor's desk. Slowly getting to my feet, I wrapped the stiff, white tissue, around my waist and tried to secure it a little bit tighter.


Looking over at a large gold framed picture, sitting diagonally at the right-hand side of the doctor's desk. It was a picture of the doctor, wearing a rubber scuba diving suit and, she was standing on a large boulder in the edge of the ocean somewhere,

  ...the sky was clear blue, and the bright sunlight was glistening across the surface of the rippling waves... a much younger girl was with her too, I wonder, does she have a daughter...

  Stepping closer, my bare feet felt the cool surface of the solid polished wood. I tried to get a better look at the lady doctor's face. The picture wasn't very clear and I couldn't really get a good look at the detail of her face. Although, her shapely, and muscular physique was well on full display, and I quickly felt an overpowering sexual emotion!


  Quickly pulling myself away, from the nearly 'Lifesize Picture', (from my standpoint,) and stepping across the soft paper of a giant notepad; walking away, so that I could instantly divert my attention to the medicine that the giantess had left for me.

  Knowing, full well, that I was already addicted to the anxiety medicine, I stepped across the lines of the yellow page and squatted down next to the small pile of powderize Xanax. I reached down, scooping up a tiny amount on my index finger, and then carefully, standing back up on the huge tablet, I stepped over to the big bottle cap.

   Squatting down again, I instantly thought of the way that most people perform the act of drinking Tequila, ...with a lemon and some salt, - I actually chuckled, as I licked the Xanax from my finger - and then, quickly dipped my hands down into the bottle cap of clear liquid, I retrieved a palm-full of luke warm water and instantly slurped it into my mouth.

  Nearly gagging from the intensity of the bitterness, I gulped the harsh powder down quickly enough to chase the chemicals into my dry throat. I swallowed hard, and my throat clenched up; I choked from the horrible taste but managed to get it down without too much trouble.

  "Horrible Taste, ...I wonder if that was more than what I normally Take?".


  Standing once more, I slowly walked to the edge of the desk. Looking out across the huge room, I couldn't believe the actual distance that I was seeing...


  The coal black carpeting, down below, was at least a thirty-foot drop. The huge doorway, all the way across the room, had to be nearly a half mile away. I noticed that she had left a pair of high heeled shoes lying on the floor next to the corner of the desk. The blood-red soles had instantly caught my eye, drawing my attention to the spike heels, ...the size of them, caused my heart to skip a beat...

  ...the yellowish-tan colored leather, on the giant sized pumps, softened the brightness and gave the shoes a fancy looking appearance. I wondered if she was married, or divorced... I assumed that she was single because I hadn't noticed any rings on her fingers...

  A few magazines were scattered across the coffee table by the sitting chair. 'The Outdoors', 'People', 'The Greater New Yorker', and the 'Vanity Fair' were instantly available from the middle of the short little table. The glossy images on the front covers were like billboard signs from where I'm standing.

  I couldn't imagine how small, I was, that I had so suddenly become this little Ken Doll! This was just so freaky! I wondered if maybe I was just dreaming all of this, ...couldn't be real, could it? Could a person just 'SHRINK'??


  Was I, the very first 'Shrinking Man'? Couldn't be... No Way, ...if this WAS real, then, there had to be more people shrinking like this, ...Right? Was I the only one?


  What was she going to do with me? Why, would she want to just keep me here? Shouldn't she take me to a hospital somewhere? Why did she just, instantly decide, to just keep this whole thing a big secret! Was she just going to keep me, for her own, ideas...


  What could she possibly 'want' from a tiny little man, ...who couldn't even get down from the top of her desk! This wasn't right, ...were her 'intentions' something, that I should be concerned about?


    'What 'WAS', this giant, Woman, Doctor, planning on doing with me?

  My heart had finally started to settle down, until my panicked thinking, quickly restarted it again, ...my entire body suddenly became so weak that I had to sit back down.


  I let my legs hang down over the edge of the front of the desk. I sat in the very center most area, right where the giant woman would be facing me, ...if she were sitting at her desk working; the thought of how BIG, she actually was, now, ...instantly filled my mind.


  I imagined her sitting there, and my heart started racing at the image that I had created.


        My God! What was she going to do with ME!


  ...anything that she wanted...That's what! ...and, I couldn't do anything at all, to stop her!


  Her huge desk chair was pulled out and turned slightly toward the door, I looked down at the leather seat cushion, ...a slight impression within the softness of the suede cover revealed the massive size, of the lady Doctors butt...

  Her weight, ...her massive weight, could crush every bone inside my puny body, and she wouldn't even notice!


"What the Hell am I going to do!", 'my head started getting fuzzy, and my ears started ringing again.


  I noticed that my voice was slightly different; like the tone, was several octaves higher, the vibration in my throat had changed to a mere hum. Also, I felt like I weighed nearly nothing at all. The air felt heavier than before, too - thicker, and more humid.

  How could I live like this? Could I actually do anything to support myself, now? What could I do? I had barely been able to make a living before, ...and NOW! What could,

...I do Now! NOTHING! Nothing at all, ...not a fuckin' thang!


  Was I just a simple Freak? Maybe. Was the Giant Doctor going to put me on a display somewhere? She could charge people money, to walk through and look at me,

  ...I could see it already, an endless line of curious on-lookers, peer through the bars of my tiny cage, gawking in at me and laughing at how small I was, little girls wanting to touch me, little boys wanting to put me inside of a toy cars, and shove me down a makeshift race track.

  Hundreds of giant people, crowding around to take a look at the smallest man in the world.


  Is that what my future would hold? Just a tiny spectacle, to be laughed at, and gawked at, stared at, mocked... Looked down upon, by stupid people who felt more powerful about THEIR miserable life, whenever 'they' looked down upon someone who was small enough to fit inside their shoe?

....


  Looking down, at the distant floor, my heart pounding so hard inside my chest, ...when suddenly, I was distracted by the sound of the huge office door clicking opened; female voices began echoing through the ceiling...


  I quickly jumped to my feet and ran back toward the rear of the desk. The clattering sound of extremely large footsteps entered the floor space, followed by the door closing with a solid clunk...

  Talking as they entered, Amy's giggle drew my complete attention, "Oh, I Know! I Know, that would be so, ...Awesome!"


  "The way that he looked at her was just so weird, ya know, ...I told her he was nothing but a cheater, but she wouldn't take my word for it!", Maxi's voice, resounded with a shrill laugh, as she continued telling Amy something that had to happen over the past weekend.

"Just wait, you'll meet her, ...she's REALLY nice, but, ...like I said, she's a little tipsy!", both women burst into a full roaring round of laughter!



  Their tremendous voices filling the entire room. A shrill, feminine, cackle, a girlish chippering laughter, it made my ears cringe from the penetrating volume.


I covered my hands over my ears and squatted down next to a giant stack of post-it notes. Hunkering down and lowering my head, I started rocking on my heels; praying that they would just forget about me, just leave me alone.


  After a short while, the chattering started to settle down. I could feel the effects of the sedative beginning take effect. I tried to relax, and took a deep breath, slowly lifting up my head to look around.

  The strong aroma of cooked hamburger filled my nose, I looked toward the front of the desk area, and...


  "ARE YOU HUNGRY, BILLY?", Amy's voice erupted,

  the large blushing face hovering just above the surface of the desk.


  "I'll BET, you are, ...aren't you, Little Guy!", Amy spoke so sweetly to me like she would with a small child.

  Her overly expressed delightfulness revealed in her large perfect teeth. Her rosy cheeks, swelling around her broad set smile.

  Her wide sparkling eyes darting to and fro, excitedly dancing with curiousness, she leaned forward, and partly opened her relaxed mouth, her tongue peeked out and lightly touched the inside corner of her lips...


    "C'mon, sweety, ...why don't ya just try and EAT SOMETHING, for ME!", she spoke way too loudly, the volume nearly blasting my ears out!


  Her large, elegant, right hand, moved forward, gliding toward the styrofoam cup that held a plain, single burger. The top bun had been removed, and the lid of the cup had been torn away from the package. The meat had been chopped up into small manageable chunks.

  Amy's large hand swept in above, and her index finger uncurled from her closed fist, casually pointing out toward the white cup, she effortlessly pushed the entire thing across the desk, ...shoving it closer, and moving it slowly toward me; like a Bull Dozer, pushing an entire car!


   "I Know You MUST BE, very Hungry, aren't cha, Yes? C'mon little fella, DIG IN!", she encouraged me like she would with a frightened child.

  I wanted to yell at her, and tell her to 'Shut the Hell UP!', her voice was way too loud, and every word that burst from her tremendous face nearly ruptured my eardrums!
Just then, Maxine came up from behind her and leaned in from the side. Her huge shadow swept across the surface of the desk like a cloud floating over a football field,

  ...her enormous figure filling the sky; I cowered before her as she peered down at me. She looked on with curious eyes.

  Her looming presence, lingering above, the giant Doctor quickly evaluated the situation and slowly drifted away.

    "Let's give him some space, Okay. I think this little guy is still trying to figure out what's going on. It's going to take him some time, he's just a slight bit confused about all the changes thats happening to him", Maxine slowly pulled Amy away, taking her by the arm, she shushed her, and quietly removed her from the desk area.

  I watched in amazement, as the two giant women stepped away, moving over to the couch and silently sitting. Amy crossed her legs elegantly, and the Doctor sat with her knees together, ...folding her hands in her lap, she smiled and winked at the younger girl and the two of them both looked back at me with loving eyes...

  Whispering softly, Maxine looked back to her new assistant, "So, any plans for tonight?", she asked.


  The tall slender blonde, uncrossed her legs, and then shifting her weight, she recrossed them once more, leaning closer, she whispered something so very quietly, that I couldn't make it out. She smiled, directing her gaze back toward the desk, scrunching up her face, she puckered her mouth and made a kissy face...


  Maxine giggled, "Now, it's just the first week, so, ...how did you like it, so far?", she asked.


  Amy spoke too quietly now, I couldn't hear a single word that she said, ...her whispers were like hot, juicy, hissing splinters; excited spluttering, ...I watched her mouth, trying to read her lips...

  Maxine giggled softly and grabbed her by the leg. Gripping her knee with a squeeze, she caused the younger girl to laugh with much more vigor, teasing her with a quick harder squeeze. Amy had to push the Doctors hand away to protect herself from the taunting of her New Boss.


  The lady Doctor slowly stood, and gradually stepped back to her sitting chair. Amy stood up and walked around the couch. It seemed that the two of them had agreed to some type of secret liaison, to which I was not privy...

  Maxine sat down and spoke across the room as Amy walked toward the office door.

    "Have a good weekend, and I'll see you on Tuesday!", the female Doctor said.


    "Yeah, ...I'll be here 'bout eight, and I'll bring Breakfast!", Amy answered.


  Stepping through the heavy door, the tall slender blonde disappeared into the hallway and the door fell shut.

I ST00D UP AND, silently stepped barefoot over to the giant white box that held the hamburger. I stopped and looked out across the open space between the front of the desk, and the Lady Doctor's sitting chair.

  She was sitting in the chair holding a small paper bowl with a few greens still left from her dinner. She was picking out small pieces of veggies and crunching bits of wheat crackers with delicate fingers.


  Her attention seemed to be fully absorbed within her salad; her legs flexed as she casually kicked off her flats and began rubbing her stocking feet into the black carpeting.


  I watched her take a small leaf from the salad, and carefully inspect it. She examined the dark colored leaf, and turned it around very slowly, she held it closer and closer to her mouth, until finally, she slowly placed it between her lips and pushed it inside her mouth.


  Her jaws flexed, and she slowly started to chew. She seemed to be in deep thought. Chewing excruciatingly slow; her mouth working effortlessly, her lips sealing shut, her teeth macerating the large salad leaf...


  I felt a sudden stab of pain in the pit of my gut, the thought of being eaten alive by that huge set of teeth, caused me to step away from the hamburger and duck down behind the paper box.


  I wasn't very hungry anyway, and the thought of placing anything into my mouth just turned my stomach. I couldn't eat. How could I? I didn't even want anything, at all...

  The huge room was a little bit chilly, ...cold, for me, and when I sat very still, I started to shiver from the cool air. The smell of the cooked beef, just made me want to puke. I couldn't eat. Not like this, ...I didn't even want anything to drink...

  I just wanted to know what in the HELL, she was planning on doing with me! She didn't even seem to be concerned any longer, OR, the slightest bit interested, in doing anything to help me get back to normal!

 


   Why was she so calm, about this whole thing? Was this something that she was familiar with, ...I seriously doubted it, but, ...Maybe, she had seen this, ...before, and she was just waiting, ... but, waiting for what?

What was she waiting for?