- Text Size +

Two days had passed since the growth spurt that left her standing over fifteen feet tall, and she had been moved from the doctors’ office under the cover of darkness and taken to the research hospital close to the CDC in Atlanta. She was in a much larger room now and she wore a gown that specially made for her. Eyes took their time when they looked her up and down now and she felt as uncomfortable as ever.

Hannah was hooked into multiple machines and monitors. The doctors had run test and poked and prodded her from head to toe for the better part of those two days and she was growing tired of the ordeal. No one seemed able to explain her rapid growth spurts that had almost doubled her in height, weight, and strength.

There were no deformities in her bones. Her heart seemed to be under no extra strain. Her blood work showed no real problems or issues. Her panels all seemed to be more or less normal. She was just thankful that there had been no more growth in the past two days.  
Her parents had taken shifts watching over their “little” girl. Even their eyes on her bothered her more than she wished they. Not because of the wonder in them but because of the worry in them. Eyes are supposed to be the window to the soul and Hannah was scared of what she saw in so many souls. So many of the eyes looked for a way to exploit her or her condition. She did not like the idea of being a freak or a meal ticket for any one. Still she knew that her days of being somewhat normal were behind her although she would prefer to be just eight feet tall as compared to her towering fifteen feet.

She was tired of sitting and so she sat up in the massive bed that had been made for her. She threw the covers back and slung her legs over the side of the bed. She wanted to stretch her long legs for a bit but was more or less confined to the room she found herself.
Still she stood up in the tall room and stretched out to her full height for the first time in a day. Her bones and joints creaked and popped. She groaned a little as she stretched out her arms and back. She shook herself and felt like a normal person for just a moment. Then the moment was gone when her mother and a nurse walked into the room and she was reminded of just how much her world had changed. Neither of the two women were much taller than her knees and reaching her waist would be a challenge for both women. If she wanted to she could pick either of them up with both hands. Her hands alone were almost the size of her mothers’ torso.

Hannah looked down at the women and greeted them before asking when she would be able to go outside and really walk and stretch her legs just standing up was not doing the trick. “Baby they are looking into letting you outside in just a couple more days if you don’t have another episode.” That was what everyone seemed to be calling her two growth spurts. It seemed kind of funny to Hannah but what could she really do she was at the mercy of the doctors and her parents plus she wanted to know what the reasons were behind her “episodes.”
The thought that she was bigger, stronger and couldn’t really be stopped if she wanted to get up and leave had not occurred to her at least not very strongly. In Hannah’s mind she was still just a really tall teenager not the powerful thing she had become.

The nurse did her checks and left the giant room only her mother stayed behind. She sat in the chair beside Hannah’s bed. With a good deal of reluctance she sat back down on her bed. Even sitting down she towered over everyone that could enter the room. At last she sighed and lay back down. She was restless. Her mother sensed this and tried to make small talk with her daughter. They talked about Hannah’s schoolwork which she still did each day. That was a task that seemed more trouble than it was worth. Her change in size made it harder to hold the small pencils and pens she had used before. Even her books were much too small now and as such the words seemed smaller as well. Still she managed to get through her work as best she could.

She was getting hungry again. Since her growth spurts she ate a good deal more food than she had before. Her metabolism was much faster than before so she required more food. Of course the doctors were trying to figure out how much she should eat how often she would have to eat and if it was fueling her growth spurt in some weird way. So far the best they could do was tell her that her increase in size just required her to eat more.

The evening wore on and her mother left for the night kissing her on her cheek and left with the promise that her father would be back in the morning to be with her. Hannah put her arms around her mother and gat her a light hug not wanting to squeeze her to hard and risk hurting her.

Alone at last Hannah turned the lights down in the room. Even in this hospital room you couldn’t completely turn off all the lights. The nurses would have to be able to see as they came in and out during the night to check on her and the machines.
She left the TV on because she normally slept with it on any way. Her latest addiction was the paranormal investigator shows. She had gotten hooked on them and watched them all the time.

She watched for a while before her eyes got heavy and she began to fight sleep. She fought so hard she almost jerked herself out of bed when she felt her head tilt forward. When that happened she made herself lay completely down in the bed. She got comfortable and closed her eyes for the night.

She had just gotten settled and fallen asleep when she felt heat gathering in her chest. She startled awake hoping it had just been a dream but the pressure was still building and she had a bad feeling about what was going to happen. The monitors began to beep wildly. She tried to press the button for the nurse but a couple where coming through the door as she was trying to call for them.
One of them looked at her and asked “are you ok?” Hannah began shaking her head “no I think its about to happen again.” The nurses looked at each other and quickly turned on the lights to the room. One of them ran from the room. Hannah didn’t know why she was running but it scared her.

Bones began to lengthen and stretch right before her eyes. This was the third time something like this had happened to her and it still amazed her to see it happen. The pain was terrible. She felt her vision blur as the pain became to much for her. She felt the room shrink around her only in reality it was she who was getting bigger.

This growth spurt was different she could tell that. It was more intense. She watched in horror as her legs and feet shot off the end of the bed and made for the wall several feet away. She felt the super large gown creep up her thighs from below her knees where it had been just moments before. Her waist and hips spread out wider and the gown struggled as it was getting pulled in to many different directions. Her already long toned torso stretched even longer. Her ample bosom swelled larger as her chest also grew wider. Her arms and hands grew longer and she struggled to use them at all as though they were just to long and her brain could no longer send the message to them quickly enough. Her back spread out ripping the strained gown apart in the back. Her shoulders got wider. Her neck grew longer even her head got larger along with the rest of her. She had no idea how much larger she was going to be after this “episode” but she was afraid for a moment that it might not stop. With this growth she noticed that her normal skinny limbs were beefier than before with what appeared to her to be muscle. Her legs looked strong and her arms were cut and defined. She had an honest to God bicep.

Hannah was cramped up in this large room like a sardine might be in a can. Even in the middle of the night doctors came in and began running more tests on her. The only real problem was that they were having trouble drawing blood as her skin was becoming very hard to break with the small needles they had. Still they tried very hard to understand what was happening to her. They also went to work trying to cover her massive body with something since she was a very large nude young woman.

Hannah strained to hear them. The voices all seemed so small and weak. What she did catch though told her everything that she needed to know. She was over twenty feet tall now and she weighed almost twenty five hundred pounds. She was massive in every way a person could be measured. Despite everything that had happened she grew tired and fell into a dreamless sleep.