- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So I haven't updated this in 8 months, but life comes at you fast sometimes. The last part was originally going to be part of the final chapter, but I felt it was more dramatic to let the readers speculate what was coming. The last chapter has been written, and I'll upload it tomorrow. Then, you can expect a new story in the next couple weeks. I hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

“I'm so sorry you ended up over there. I had no idea she was like this” Devon tried to reassure Josh.

“I'll say! What kind of psycho shrinks people? How does she shrink people?”

“I don't know, but she's probably the only one who knows how to make you and the others normal again” Devon sighed, “Even if it's you we're talking about, no one deserves this.”

“Caitlyn wasn't entirely lying, back when she said I wanted to apologize...”

“Funny, Josh, how it takes me being the size of a building to you for you to come to your senses” she scornfully remarked.

“I was gonna”, Josh protested, “I was just waiting for the right time. I'm serious.”

Devon sat up in her bed, leaning her back against the wall, “Look, when we go see Caitlyn tomorrow and you're all back to normal, maybe we can talk then. I had to get you out of there but that doesn't mean I'm forgiving you.”

Josh stood up in her hand, “Then why? You're no humanitarian from what I remember.”

“Maybe I have a softer side you just never got to know, dick.”

“Well, whatever.” A moment later, “...thank you.”

“Maybe I should've left you there after all.” Josh was about to protest until he saw a smile form as Devon turned away to try and hide it. “I appreciate it little man.”

Josh was stunned, how can she be teasing when he's stuck like this? But then again, she was an interesting girl.

Devon set Josh on her bedside table and grabbed her phone. “You're not allowed to leave that table unless I say so” She looked down at the ground, “not that you could get down without my help anyway.” She smiled at him and began scrolling through tumblr on her phone.

Josh knew there was nothing to be done, he looked around the table for anything to hold his interest. A stack of calculus homework, some pens, a lamp, and a mug that was way overdue for a wash. He sighed and went to sit under the lamp, where it was a little warmer.

An unknown amount of time passed when Josh felt a light poke on his stomach. He groggily opened his eyes and looked to see Devon staring at him. “You can fall asleep sitting? I'm impressed.”

She had changed into a light blue onesie with cartoon cats patterning it.

“Hey, what time is it?” Josh asked.

“Just after 1 in the morning.” Devon replied.

“So why'd you wake me?”

“Well, I was thinking...” she said as her face turned slightly red, “you're only going to be this size for tonight, right? Maybe we should take advantage of that.”

Josh knew where she was going with this, and played along.

“What kind of advantage were you thinking of?”

“Well, maybe you could... give me a foot massage?”

Josh practically fell flat on his face.

“You know, you're sounding an awful lot like Caitlyn right now.”

“As if! I just want to know what it feels like. I promise I'm not gonna hurt you or anything. You owe me anyway” she said defensively.

“Alright alright, I guess I do.”

“Perfect!” She grabbed him carefully between two fingers and set him down at the sole of her right foot. “You used to do this when you were regular sized too, remember?”

Josh began kneading her soft soles, “God, that was ages ago. You remember the weirdest shit.”

Devon felt a warm feeling bubbling inside her as Josh's hands went to work on her foot. She couldn't deny he had always been great at this, and now that he had two deft tiny hands instead of large clumsy ones, it felt even better.

Josh felt like he was at the gym with a literal mountain of flesh in front of him. Moving it around took all his strength but at least Devon kept her feet pretty clean. His hands moved slowly up and down her feet, as high as he could reach.

30 minutes passed like this before Devon said “This feels amazing you know, but I'm getting pretty tired and I have an early final tomorrow. We'll go see Caitlyn first thing in the morning though, I promise.” Josh finally relaxed his sore arms and smiled up at her, too tired to say anything at the moment.

“We should probably get you a bed. Come here” she said as she again delicately grabbed him. She set him down on her pillow. “I don't want to accidentally crush you in my sleep, so how about you take this side,” she grabbed another pillow, “and we'll put this between us. That way if I roll over, the pillow will fall on you instead of me.”

Josh thought she was seriously underestimating how much a pillow could weigh to someone an inch tall, but he figured he could at least survive it if it did fall and he was too tired to argue. “That's fine, thanks.”

Devon beamed, “good night, Josh.”

“Good night, Devon.”

 

----

 

There was a strange silence throughout Caitlyn's dorm building. It was already 7, but it didn't sound like anyone was getting up to get ready for finals. Devon walked towards the tall reddish-brown building, Josh looking out from the pocket of her hoodie.

“There's no lights on” he commented.

“Yeah, I noticed that too. It's weird, you'd think there'd be at least one early riser.”

“It's probably nothing serious, maybe the power's out?”

“If that's the case, a lot of kids are gonna be pissed when their alarm clocks don't go off and they miss their finals.”

“You're gonna miss your finals if we're just gonna sit here and chat. I want to be able to walk places on my own again.”

“Impatient as always. You're right though, let's go see Caitlyn.”

Devon unlocked the front door with a key she grabbed from Caitlyn's room when they were watching movies yesterday. At the time she thought it could come in handy for next year if any of her friends moved there, she couldn't have imagined the purpose she was using it for now.

As she stepped into the front hall, she noticed no one was downstairs either. That wasn't too unusual for this time of the morning, but it made the silent building all the more ominous. She was about to start climbing the stairs up to Caitlyn's floor when she saw something scurry slowly across the floor. She leaned down to investigate.

“Please don't hurt me!” A small feminine voice cried out.

“What the fuck? That's Rachel,” Josh pointed out from his pocket view “what happened to you?”

Devon pulled Josh out of her pocket and set him down next to the crying girl so they could talk.

“I woke up 15 minutes ago, and I was under my blanket, except it was huge. I thought I was dreaming, but when I got out from under it I was just in my room, only it was also huge. I shrunk when I w—wait, you're small too? Do you know what's going on?”

“You know Caitlyn, from the third floor? She's a witch, she shrunk me and three other guys a couple days ago. I'm sure she has something to do with this.”

“Why would she do that to me, I don't even know her!” Rachel's confusion was quickly turning to panic and anger.

Devon spoke up, “Come with me, we'll go figure this out.” She held out her hand for the two to climb on. Rachel, seeing no other option, climbed on. Devon gently set them down in her right pocket.

Devon was panicking internally as she climbed the stairs. Why would Caitlyn shrink someone she didn't even know? And after agreeing to end this yesterday. Devon was furious with herself for trusting Caitlyn.

On the third floor, Devon rushed over to Caitlyn's room. She slowed to a stop in front of it, held her breath, and knocked.

“Come in!” A cheery Caitlyn replied from the other side.