- Text Size +
The predatory look on Nina’s face made me back up a step or two. I didn’t get far before she advanced with me stride for stride, and trapped me against a nearby wall Clearly enjoying herself, Nina lightly snagged my shirt between two fingers, while grasping the amulet with her other hand.

“Where you heading...big guy?”, she taunted.

Still not completely settled with my new smaller state, and a little unnerved by Nina’s playful intimidation, I stumbled for words, “You promised...I mean...we agreed, you wouldn’t make me any smaller.”

Giggling, she pulled me by the shirt toward her and gave me another quick kiss.

“Don’t be silly”, she said after letting me go. “Even if I could make you shrink against your will, I...”

Nina paused for a second, before continuing, “Wait, I can’t lie to you. If I could make you smaller, you’d be sitting in the palm of my hand right now. So relax, and let’s have some fun with this.”

To give me a little perspective, Nina held her hand out for me to see. I pictured myself helplessly stranded on that soft palm, looking up at her mischief filled face. In comparison to that fate, standing 4'10" did seem like a pretty good bargain.

Following my line of thoughts, Nina asked, “So, your present size doesn’t seem all that bad now, does it?”

Minutes later the two of us were ready to hit the town. While I wasn’t too keen on being seen in public at my current size, Nina was practically pushing me out the door. As was customary, I started walking toward my Ford F-250, but stopped when I realized how much bigger the already large pickup truck looked. Besides the difficulty I would probably have driving it now, it also seemed to further, and just as importantly, embarrassingly dramatize my tiny frame.

“What’s wrong?”, Nina asked.

“Maybe we should take your car instead.”

Nina got a good laugh out of that. “Really? But I was hoping to see you struggle up into that thing like I have to all the time.

Fortunately, after a little more ribbing, Nina agreed to drive and I soon found myself in the passenger seat of her tiny Eclipse. The ultra compact car, like seemingly everything else now, forced me to marvel at the sensation of bigness in objects that seemed so small before my transformation. In the past, I remembered complaining about the lack of room in Nina’s compact car. Now though, my short little legs were practically swimming in empty space.

Giggling at the sight, Nina teased, “You know you can move the seat up, don’t you?”

Once we made it to the restaurant and parked the car, Nina and I walked through the parking lot arm-in-arm.

“See, this isn’t so bad now. Is it?”, she said, trying to encourage me.

With Nina at my side, I had to admit that it seemed ok, but as we came closer to the restaurant, I felt myself becoming a little more nervous. Standing less than five feet tall in my wife’s presence was one thing, but to be so small amongst strangers didn’t sit so well with me. I didn’t like the idea of being unusually short and surrounded by “normal” sized gawkers. As we entered the restaurant lobby though, I realized that at least one person wasn’t interested in us...

The hostess was a typical self absorbed young woman. Perched behind a podium, she chatted on her cell phone, while Nina and I waited to be seated. As her inane conversation droned on, I cleared my throat to catch the girl’s attention. Rather than get the hint though, she briefly glanced at us, held up a finger for us to wait, and then returned to her phone call.

Maybe if I was my normal height, the girl would have still ignored me, but her casual dismissive attitude only added to the discomfort I already felt. Frustrated and feeling quite powerless, my cheeks burned with embarrassment as the girl kept talking. Finally, after a few more minutes, Nina made her move.

“Excuse me? Excuse me...miss?”, she said interrupting the hostess.

Nina’s demanding tone caught the girl’s attention, and she scowled ever so slightly, before saying, “I’ll have to call you back Cindy.”

Then, turning her phone off in a deliberately slow manner, she leaned way over the podium and looked down at me. “What can I do for you?”, she said, in a exaggerated sweet tone of voice.

Even though she was probably just trying to mock me, the hostess’s in-my-face attitude came off as slightly intimidating. As I stammered nervously to answer, Nina stepped in again.

“We have reservations for Rogers.”

Taking her time once again, the hostess looked over her reservation book, before finally drawling, “Yes, here you are. Well let’s get you two a table RIGHT away.”

As a final insult, the girl deliberately used her longer legs to outpace Nina and myself. Turning her head slightly, I saw the delighted look on her face when she saw us struggling to keep up with her. Once we made it to our table, the girl dropped two menus down, and sashayed away, but not without directing one last smirk at Nina and myself.

After that, we sat quietly for a few minutes, pouring over our menus, until Nina, naturally broke the silence.

“You were scared of that girl, weren’t you?”, she asked.

The question took me by surprise, made me defensive. “What? No, of course not.

“Yes you were. I could tell by your reaction when she hung up the phone and leaned over her podium.”

I didn’t respond to Nina’s accusation, and instead tried to act as if I was engrossed with the menu in front of me. Of course, she wouldn’t let up, she never did for anything.

Leaning in a little, she whispered, “It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, sweetie. That girl was bigger than you, probably a little stronger too. She could have hurt you, if she wanted, so it’s good that you were respectful.

While I hadn’t said anything yet, I was blushing, I could feel the burn all over my face. Feeling the need to reply, I finally looked over at Nina, “So, should I be scared of you, if I was any smaller?”

This time it was Nina’s turn to remain silent, but like me though, her face pretty much said everything. Fortunately, before we were able to continue the uncomfortable topic, our waitress showed up. Blonde and incredibly tall, at least 6'4" (it was hard to judge height based on my own unfamiliar size), she towered over our table.

“Oh my god! You guys are soooooo cute!”, the waitress squeaked happily. “I mean, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a couple as short as you two! It’s just so adorable!”

She wasn’t trying to be insulting, but again, I blushed at having my stature so dramatically thrown in my face. Naturally, Nina reacted for the both of us.

Matching the waitress’s ultra happy tone, she said, “Sweety? Why don’t you bring us our drinks?”

“Sure thing little lady, I’ll be right back!”

As the bubbly woman bustled off, Nina growled, “Her...I want to shrink her. I’d love to see Miss 50 Foot Woman be a ‘little lady’ for the rest of her life..”

“Jealous?”, I teased.

Unfortunately, my plan to push my wife’s buttons, for a change, worked a little too well. Tearing her attention from the statuesque waitress to me, Nina’s intense eyes narrowed.

Turning the tables on me, she growled, “Should I be?”

As I stammered to assure that Nina was infinitely more attractive, she broke into a sly little grin. “Don’t try to mess with me honey, you know you’ll never win...”

We both laughed a little at this, before our meals arrived. The remainder of dinner went mostly without incident. As we talked and ate though, Nina continued to play around. Obviously excited by my new size, she signaled her feelings by rubbing my legs with her feet. Of her many...many gifts, Nina sported the most dexterous toes I had ever encountered. With her sandals off, and the tablecloth concealing everything, she slipped her foot up my pant cuff, and playfully massaged my leg.

Once our meal ended, and I left a tip and paid the bill, we were outside again. As we headed toward the car, Nina continued her earlier shows of affection, only in more conventional ways. Never one to be labeled “prudish”, and unconcerned with the few people passing us by, she began to nibble at my ears and neck. Barely able to keep myself from losing control, it wasn’t until we made it to the car that I fully returned Nina’s attentions.

In between kisses, and with some difficulty, I managed to form a complete, coherent sentence. “Maybe we can just skip the club, and head home...if you want, that is...”

Hoping to skip a few hours of dancing, and instead, move directly to the more pleasant evening finale, I hoped that Nina would agree with my suggestion. To my slight surprise, she actually seemed torn between her original plan and my idea. After a few seconds of thought though, Nina quickly made up her mind.

Pulling away and straightening her outfit a little, she said somewhat reluctantly, “Mmmmmm no, I still want to dance tonight.”

I imagine my disappointed reaction was hard for her to miss. As a result, she smiled ever so slightly, and whispered into my ear, “We won’t have to stay too long...as long as you promise to make up for it when we get home later.”