- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I envisioned this story as a series of vignettes involving the same two characters at different heights, but I fell in love with the characters and decided to go full novella, building a plot, setting, and secondary characters around them. Leave comments!!

It started the night of his daughter's high school graduation ceremony. Andy Speed's favorite suit, which had fit him like a glove for the last 10 years, felt loose in his shoulders and waist, and was clearly longer in the arms and pant legs than before.

"Honey, which dry cleaner did you take my suit to?" Andy asked his wife, Alecia.

"The same one I always take it to," she called out from the bathroom.

He looked himself over in the mirror, dissatisfied with how the suit seemed to hang off his 6 foot, 1 inch frame. Alecia came out from the bathroom, looking stunning in a dark blue dress. "It doesn't fit?"

Andy held up his coat sleeve for her to inspect.

"Oh, it's fine. No one will notice."

Andy frowned. "I guess so. It used to fit better, that's all."

"Maybe you've lost weight," she said, looking in the mirror to put on her earrings.

"Or muscle," Andy said, pinching his belly.

At the ceremony at the city convention center, Andy and Alecia found seats where their daughter, Brooke, would walk right past them. They each gave her a hug as she came off the stage with her diploma. Andy beamed proudly. She was the spitting image of her mother, in looks as well as brains. He was blessed to have these two women in his life.

Not long after Brooke came her best friend, Kimberly. The girls had been close since middle school, and she was as close to a second daughter as you could get.

The 5 foot, 8 inch brunette spotted Andy and Alecia and stopped to hug them. Andy noticed how much taller Kimberly was than his wife as their bodies came together. Kimberly had sprouted some long legs in her last year of high school. Andy could remember when she barely reached his chest.

After releasing his wife, Kimberly stepped over to embrace him. She was at eye level with him, with the help of 4-inch high heels. She was beaming, her chestnut brown hair flowing over her shoulder, her eyes sparkling and her cherry-tinged lips spread into an adoring smile. Andy suspected the girl had harbored a crush on him since she was 12. Kimberly was a sweet girl, coming from a religious home, and innocent in the ways of the world. Soon enough she would fall in love, and whoever it would be was one lucky son a bitch.

Kimberly pressed against Andy for a second. He felt her soft breasts against his chest, smelled her heady perfume, and felt the top of her thigh against his crotch. The contact below the waist was incidental, and neither of them noticed it.

Andy released her, said, "Congratulations, Kim." Still beaming, she turned and resumed her walk to her seat, slowly so as not to trip in her high heels.

Andy sat down, adjusting his pants to hide his half-hard erection. Alecia turned towards him. "She's gotten so tall," she said.

Andy nodded and took her hand. "Our little girls are all grown up."

When they got home, Andy asked Alecia to measure him. He was 6 feet even, an inch shorter than he was supposed to be.

"Men shrink in old age," Alecia said uncertainly.

"Forty year-old men don't shrink an inch overnight," he said with a scowl.

"Well, when was the last time you wore the suit?"

"Just a few months ago."

He weighed himself on the scale in his bathroom. He was 10 pounds lighter.

"Do 40 year-old men lose 10 pounds in less than a week?" he asked, showing her the scale.

Alecia put her hand to her mouth. "Maybe you have the shrinking disease."